Water Spirit Broken

Water Spirit Broken

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Out of curiosity, I decided to mess around with the Water Spirit again on my 2nd Druid. Seems some things are a bit off and I would like to call in the aid of more Rangers to do a bit of testing before this heal is called “Busted.”

So far, from what I have been able to gather while testing it in Cursed Shore, are a few oddities (if you will). Here are some of my results:

• Tooltip healing amount of the passive effect does not change regardless of the player’s healing power. Image provided below with varying amounts of healing power at level 80.
  • Healing amount of the passive effect does not change regardless of the player’s healing power. Combat log with varying healing power stats of 0 and 1575, with and without the Druid traitline (just in case) always provided the amount of 915 self-heal.

If anyone can test if outgoing healing modifiers work on the passive effect heal for allies, or is able to have varying results, please do so by providing screenshots, a bit of information of your healing power, any outgoing healing modifiers, and your allies’ healing power (just in case). A video is preferred if you do not mind going through the hassle of recording and uploading.

Getting around to uploading a video as this is going up to show the 915 heal on proc effect with varying healing power stats. I recall before healing power used to scale the tooltip before, but I’m unsure of when (if) this was broken.

Attachments:

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Water Spirit Broken

in Ranger

Posted by: DoogySnowStalker.2069

DoogySnowStalker.2069

Let’s just forget that Water Spirit exists

Is a Warrior just a pet without a Ranger?

Water Spirit Broken

in Ranger

Posted by: Redemer.2601

Redemer.2601

will try it out but like DoogySnowStalker said its prob better to forget it exists since anet is to busy making new weapon skins to acually bother fixing bugs in the game

Water Spirit Broken

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Hmm. Probably right on that point. This curiosity was brought about mainly due to Water Spirit being listed as a viable selection in Raiding guides. I know it’s more for providing regeneration as boons for % modifiers on Heralds and generating Astral Force, but something about this heal always bothered me.

It wasn’t until now after testing I figured why some things felt off. More testing leads me to think that this change was done around the time Spirit of Nature was updated to scale with healing power.

Somewhere around that time, Water Spirit’s passive effect seems to no longer scale with the player’s healing power and seems to have its own attribute (around 1220, assuming the scaling is still 0.09). No way to prove it without confirmation from developers, but it’s a hunch.

Water Spirit Broken

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Is still that skill in game?
I would wait to see if spirits become mobile, then i would be able to test it.
Right now i can drop the spirit in one point and the fight take me far far away.

Last time i’ve checked however the spirits didn’t scale well with healing power. That could be fine if the heal could be reliable, constant and good enough.
Not that is the case anyway.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Water Spirit Broken

in Ranger

Posted by: Johnny.1634

Johnny.1634

It’s the only spirit buff that does not scale in some way with any stat, and its extremely terrible to begin with. Definitely needs a fix.

Water Spirit Broken

in Ranger

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

The wiki used to say water spirit’s passive proc scaled with the ranger’s healing power (or the healing of the person who procced it, whichever is higher), I wonder what happened? We could probably test it with our pet vs Svanir and the Chieftan in Heart of the Mists, using the beastmastery trait to boost our pet’s healing power.

It may just be that Water Spirit didn’t behave how the wiki claimed and suffered the same issues as Nature, Stone and Storm. I do know that Aqua Surge’s splash doesn’t scale with healing power, much like Storm’s Thunderclap.

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words

Water Spirit Broken

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Well, those questions do pose interesting theories. So much that I spent a better half-hour in Cursed Shore testing Water Spirit on those methods, and I have some fun facts, dire news, and a request. First off, the dire news & request, as they are one in the same.

I never tried testing Water Spirit since I made the opening post a month ago, unfortunately, whatever patch between then and now has seemed to have broken it further. I’m not calling it a bug until I can get others to test and confirm this also (in case its a fluke).

[Bad News]
Water Spirit passive buff applies to the pets but pets can no longer proc them on hits. I literally tried for 20 minutes in that half-hour once I started noticing an absence of the pets being able to take advantage of the passive heal effect in all 3 cases: healing number floaters (green numbers), combat log for incoming and outgoing healing (checked outgoing just in case), and pet health bar movement.

Also, the broken passive heal is broken slightly further. Before, it used to be a fixed amount regardless of healing power @ 915 for the passive heal, which was equal to 1220 healing power. Now, it’s been reduced down to 889. For reference on the scaling, that’s about 933 healing power assuming the 0.09 scaling it was once reported for having.

[The Request]
I want to see if other Rangers can get their pets and other class minions (such as Necromancer minions) to proc the passive effect.

Edit 2: I can’t seem to get the passive effect to even proc on NPCs like before. Might explain why pets are not able to take advantage of the passive… Going to do a bit more testing to see if there’s more broken… Hope I don’t find anymore.

I tried with all of the Heart of Thorns pets, Fern Hound, Jaguar, Hyena + summoned ally, Jungle Stalker, Wolf, and Brown Bear with 0 activation of the passive heal while keeping the pets on Avoid Combat and then placing them on Guard once their health was at 75% so the heal could be allowed to, well, heal. Exception with the Brown Bear as I waited only until it was at 90% health (that vitality stat).

[Fun Facts]

• Water Spirit passive effect is still broken, healing 889 regardless of the player’s or receiver’s healing power and outgoing healing % modifiers.
  • The Initial Heal on Aqua Surge for the PET ONLY benefits from outgoing healing % modifiers.
  • The Water Spirit Heal on Aqua Surge (the splash) scales with the player’s healing power but DOES NOT use outgoing healing % modifiers. I think that’s weird but it could be intended. Who knows, so I can’t call it either a bug or not since Water Spirit itself is bugged. At the moment, it just seems like inconsistency.

Edit: Please note that the other Spirit passive effects are still working with pets. So, worry not as only Water Spirit is bugging out with them. Also, more edits.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

Water Spirit Broken

in Ranger

Posted by: Johnny.1634

Johnny.1634

Bumping till this kitten gets fixed

Water Spirit Broken

in Ranger

Posted by: jokobet.6081

jokobet.6081

Thanks for putting in the time to highlight this!

Water Spirit Broken

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Thought I would chime in with an update. More testing today led to new findings and have been posted in the bug sub-forum section. Updating this thread for those interested or curious on the issues of Water Spirit, as well as some time tables on when these bugs seemed to have occurred.

• Passive healing effect and the Water Spirit active heal of Aqua Surge (the splash) is not effected by any outgoing healing % modifiers.
  • Passive healing effect is no longer displays in the combat log or heal floating numbers when proc by allies.
  • Passive healing no longer activates Lingering Light [Druid GM Trait] on allies.
  • Healing from the passive effect no longer scales with the player’s healing power and heals a static 863 health points.
  • Tooltip for the passive effect heal does not update with the player’s healing power and is displayed incorrectly at a static 863 heal. This appears to be linked with the previously noted bug, however, it has been this way for several months with different static heals presented on different patches.

+ As of the 01-26-2016 patch, the passive heal was reduced to a static 915 and no longer scaled with the player’s healing power or outgoing healing % modifiers.
+ As of the 02-23-2016 patch, the passive heal was reduced to a static 889 and could no longer proc by affected allies.
+ As of the 03-08-2016 patch, the passive heal was reduced to a static 863. Allies can now proc the passive heal again but it does not register with the combat log and no longer activates Lingering Light on affected allies.

Water Spirit Broken

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Water spirit tried to bump this thread, but was to weak to do it. I came by to give it a hand.

NSPride <3