We Heal as One Feedback [merged]

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Come on guys, I love rangers I play ranger only for 2+ years, i’m active on this forum only, no one can claim i’m anti ranger or biased against it(I was eve defendign the unblockble taunt). But this WHAO thing is way over the top to the level is not healthy to the profession. I actualy play WHAO on my native build and you realy dont need to build around it to abuse it, getting from a single heal(which si already very good) pream swiftness, rege, fury high amount of protection ,quickness is insane. I’m not even talking about the group synergie and the might stacking potential(and let me remind you that ranger was designed to not be efficient in stacking might). Its funny, if I would have told you WHAO cahnge – give 8 sec of quickness 8 sec protaction 8 sec fury etc.. all would have agreed its OP.

In what setting was it OP?

PvP? People are already running builds to counter this i.e. boon strips because of ele’s, and condi builds that will destroy your pet and shut the build down

WvW zergs? If, and that’s a big if, you manage to keep your pet alive in the large scale fights you absolutely deserve the buffs. Not to mention to use a boon build effectively you have to run WS, BM, NM so you lose piercing arrows.

WvW roaming? Still outclassed by heavy stealth builds, still weak to condi builds, still easy to counter by killing the pet.

PvE? The majority of boons are maxed already, maybe being able to keep up quickness will make it so we see less “GLF x more players, no rangers”.

Pretty much sums up everything.

It’s only OP in PvE, oh wait, Ele and Warrior can maintain this “OP buffs” to the WHOLE PARTY and no-one ever bring up it’s OP, yet ranger can “self stack” himself for 25 mights /fury now and everyone cries OP?

What’s wrong with you guys?

I’m not even PVE, i’m talking spvp/ wvw roaming, its not only the aspect of how much boon we can stack but the method. Using just WHAO to solve all our boon stacking probelms? If you cant accept its over the top by comparison to the gw2 meta game, atleast you must adimt it makes WHAO to outclass all our other heals by alottttt which for itself is ont healthy. I would much rather have much stronger MDG version.

I disagree, because ultimately WHaO is merely a selfish boon choice.

If I want to help my teammates, I’d bring HS.

If I want a more reliable cleanse and heal, I would bring TU.

WHaO is just a niche option for some niche build, that I don’t even want to use it becuase it’s weaker than regular builds.

Dont get me wrong, I dont say butcher it, but rather litle twiks. The idea of WHAO gsharing boons is cool and I like it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I use 3 shouts out of my 5 skills. Regardless of what they do with HaO. Shouts aren’t that bad.

in Ranger

Posted by: Oberon Vex.1389

Oberon Vex.1389

We already had permanent boons. The only thing that this change allowed was broken uptime of protection and quickness.

Perma fury? Red moa with the Nature Magic trait-line minor that increases boon duration plus a small amount of boon duration — or just use WH5 too.

Perma regen? Ranger has a rediculous number of sources of it, but let’s just go with Fern Hound for 100% uptime or any mix of traited shouts or warhorn 5

Perma swift? Traited shouts + WH5

Perma might? You can maintain 8 stax forever (on 5 targets) with Jungle Stalker and WH5

Perma vigor? Depending on skill (continuously getting good evades) you can have virtually perma vigor between Primal Reflexes and Lightning Reflexes — toss in vigorous training for good measure if you want, but having a flat increase in endurance regen from a MINOR kind of cheapens it.

We already have the tools to have permanent boons, so nerfing WHaO for that reason doesn’t make sense. It DOES start to make sense when you consider permanent protection and quickness. We have good access to quickness, but 100% uptime — even with the caveat of sacrificing using our heal at appropriate times is not something the game was designed to do, nor be balanced around. The same can be said of 100% protection uptime (though technically Guardians can have 70s of continuous proteciton uptime WITHOUT USING SKILLS TWICE).

It is my opinion that a flat boon duration is a terrible, lazy solution that is NOT in the spirit of the original change. To this end I would have fixed the problem like this:

“We heal as one” : heal yourself and your pet for X. You gain any boon on your pet that you do not currently have.

This would allow rangers to hang back with their bow and still get the benefit of being in melee (for boon sharing/generation) but remove the ability to double the duration of powerful boons like protection and quickness — yet keep true to the initial concept. You WOULD be able to snag that nice protection from Guard which could be traited to provide perma protection, but devs could then tone down the duration as needed for the balance of the game. This would allow the devs to shave the balance off of a relatively unused skill (guard) instead of gutting the decent concept they came up with to help rangers as a class.

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Fortifying Bond effect should be replaced with the new effect, which will be removed from We Heal as One. So:

Fortifying Bond
Any boon you get is copied to your pet. Any boon your pet gets is copied to your Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Ranger personal bias aside, there should be no surprise to the reaction by the company. We can kitten and moan about it all we want but we know at the end of the day this wasn’t intended so they acted. Right or wrong, those are the cards dealt to us.

So the question to the community is rather simple. Continue to play or put up and shut up by changing class or games. That is really the only information and action they will see and act on. I mean no rangers in the game someone will at some point in time ask why. Same with the various tournaments. What, no rangers? Again, light bulb will light up and someone will ask why…

This game has been unbalanced, or perceived to be unbalanced (insert class biasness here), for kitten near a year. During this time their focus has been on HoT and with it right around the corner plus a final beta, there is nothing here that leads me to believe they have time or resources to do anything other than knee jerk reaction.

Sadly, the questions everyone should raise is why does this sort of bug still make it out of their shop?

Is it HoT priority?
Is it crappy QA, no QA, 1 pass of QA, Automation, etc?

Just about every patch has had glaring bugs of late whereas before yeah, some but nothing to this degree. I mean really? Login, daily, log out, change character, log back in, complete daily, rinse and repeat. That isn’t an exploit? People abused that, and that is actually a kitten glaring bug. Fixed, sure. Did you both to take away all the phat loot people received?

Point of ramble is this. Cards dealt. Deal with it or throw and fold, move on.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: Oberon Vex.1389

Oberon Vex.1389

“We heal as One” : heal yourself and your pet for X. Copy any boons on your pet that you do not have.

They could then shave the protection duration on Guard to a moderate level (8s or so) and call it a day.

Ideally this copy mechanic should have been placed on something other than a heal skill. Without changing functionalities of other abilities, the one I’d choose would have been “Strength of the Pack” because as an elite it has a solid cooldown and fits thematically.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Fortifying Bond effect should be replaced with the new effect, which will be removed from We Heal as One. So:

Fortifying Bond
Any boon you get is copied to your pet. Any boon your pet gets is copied to your Ranger.

I believe Pets should inherit 100% of Ranger’s buffs (boons, food, nourishment and auras like stealth included) baseline.
Fortifying Bond can do whatever DEVs feel like.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

“We heal as One” : heal yourself and your pet for X. Copy any boons on your pet that you do not have.

They could then shave the protection duration on Guard to a moderate level (8s or so) and call it a day.

Ideally this copy mechanic should have been placed on something other than a heal skill. Without changing functionalities of other abilities, the one I’d choose would have been “Strength of the Pack” because as an elite it has a solid cooldown and fits thematically.

^ this guy has the right idea.

in Ranger

Posted by: apocalypso.4895

apocalypso.4895

I use 3 shouts out of my 5 skills. Regardless of what they do with HaO. Shouts aren’t that bad.

They are not that bad I agree, they are terrible. And the elite and heal really were shoved into the shout category, the utilities are really bad, not only that, they lack uniqueness and the fun aspect in their designs.

Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Eurantien. If 2 of those shouts are heal as one and rampage as one then there not what im referring to. Im specifically talking about the original 4 utility skill shouts. Do you regularly run Guard/sic em/ protect me/ search and rescue.

If you run guard. Do you use it for its intended functionality. Or to pop boons.

If you run sic em. do you give any other order to your pet for the duration. Because that prevents you from using this skill to its fullest.

If you run protect me. How can you justify a defensive skill that kills our class mechanic and even prevents capture point contribution when its competition SAVES our class mechanic as well as us and doesn’t interfere with capture point contribution.

If you use search and rescue. How often do you find your pet gets interupted/killed while attempting to rez. How often does it succesfully rez something in an area too risky for you to attempt that rez. Does it do it on its own. or with signet of stone or bark skin WITH rampage as one protecting it. How much investment does that rez take compared to other rez skills.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Posted by: Shoujo.4395

Shoujo.4395

In Roy’s defense, it sounds like his primary concern is not the ranger’s ability to boon share on its own, but the ability to have other players cast boons and then share those.

Hopefully he’ll balance it to address that specific concern.

Unlikely as it may be lol

in Ranger

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

snip

Yeah most of us are realizing that. Just ranting on and expressing our concerns is all, I’ve ranted enough but made peace with it. It’s good to be vocal though, letting them know the difference between their ideal interpretation of ‘balance’ and ours in the hopes that they would listen and do something different in the future.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mazinger.1084

Mazinger.1084

So incredibly frustrating. Like, if this is so broken that it needs a dev tweet the day after release, how could they have missed it when designing the change? Constant knee-jerk reactions when it comes to Ranger. Get it together already. Trust your own designers rather than a bunch of salty teenagers on a forum that represent a fraction of your playerbase.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Sure they do: it’s not intended for Rangers to stack boons like other classes whether you like it or not. It is not the design for the Ranger.

/FACEPALM

Tell us, that it’s not intended for ranger to be competitive in sPvP, whether you like it or not.

You’re as suming that the only way to be competitive in PvP is to stack boons.

Mesmers and thieves don’t need to stack boons. Warriors, guardians, necromancrs, elementalists, and engineers tend to stack boons to at least some extent in order to be competitive. Since rangers don’t have long term and/or spammable stealth and/or clones, they need to stack boons (or at least steal/corrupt them) in order to compete.

Still an assumption that the only way to be competitive is to stack boons, strip boons, or have broken mechanics like stealth.

It’s not an assumption, it’s an observation. I challenge you to find any exceptions to it.

It’s an observation of the current PvP meta game, but that doesn’t mean that the only way to be competitive is to do the things you mentioned. Just that those are the only roles that are competitive at this point in time, not that they will always be so which you assume.

The elite specs could easily change the meta in a way where those things you mentioned aren’t necessary and it could include things that the ranger can do well. Ie, tanky Druid that can burst heal, which doesn’t rely on boons.

Unless I’m mistaken, boons have always been the meta in PvP. If the ranger can stack boons, it might have a chance of actually being played in tournaments. If ANet were capable of making the ranger useful in PvP without stacking boons, they would have done it some time in the past three years. There is no reason for rangers to be incapable of stacking boons.

Boons are good because they augment the base profession. Rangers aren’t in the meta because the base profession isn’t solid. The Ranger is too highly dependent on the pet for damage, utility, and survivability; no other class is handcuffed to AI in the way that Ranger is. The real reason why Rangers aren’t in the meta is because they have lower damage that is reliant on the pet and no group utility that warrants a spot over a different class.

You think that boons are the answer for the Ranger and yet this skill has come along that enables boon stacking, but is at the same time being downplayed because it is easily countered by classes that can strip boons which is the case for any class that heavily stacks boons and currently in the meta. Its the class not the boons.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

They are not that bad I agree, they are terrible. And the elite and heal really were shoved into the shout category, the utilities are really bad, not only that, they lack uniqueness and the fun aspect in their designs.

The worst is that they rewrite the current functions.
Sick’Em is the same as F1. And gets cancelled the same way. Except F1 has no CD.
Guard is an F2… A trait and WHaO activator.
Protect Me is … selfish benefit for F3.
And Search&Rescue doesn’t even exist apart from the trait.

They are bugged, they are horribly designed, they need changes.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

You all seem very upset that this bug is getting fixed. What did you think was going to happen? You’d just get to keep the ability to have seven out of eleven boons up on you permanently? Or that somehow this was intended behaviour?

I’m glad this is being addressed and fixed quickly. It means that fewer people will mistake it as a legitimate development and build around it only to have it be reverted later and their investment wasted.

We know. However, it is extremely frustrating that the most powerful profession in the game (in every mode) can hang onto their overpowered junk for months, while the most underpowered profession in the game (in every mode) gets smacked down within 24 hours. It reeks of double standards and favoritism, and he refuses to even engage in discussion and explanation of it on the forums.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

S&R is probably beyond repair as a utility, and I think that’s why it’s now basically a trait.

PM is completely fine, excellent even. SE is good enough that I use it most of the time when I’m roaming in WvW. Needs touched up, especially the bug.

Guard is nonsensical.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Protect me, Sic em, and Search and Rescue have their uses. Of all the shouts Guard is most in need of a change. Sic em just needs to allow for pet control. The other 2 are fine.

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

^ this guy has the right idea.

I dont think it is. I think they want to reward you for playing WHAO with FB and this idea ruins the combo. They need to create a reasonble fix amount that benefits from pet boon duration(?).

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

Sure they do: it’s not intended for Rangers to stack boons like other classes whether you like it or not. It is not the design for the Ranger.

/FACEPALM

Tell us, that it’s not intended for ranger to be competitive in sPvP, whether you like it or not.

You’re as suming that the only way to be competitive in PvP is to stack boons.

Mesmers and thieves don’t need to stack boons. Warriors, guardians, necromancrs, elementalists, and engineers tend to stack boons to at least some extent in order to be competitive. Since rangers don’t have long term and/or spammable stealth and/or clones, they need to stack boons (or at least steal/corrupt them) in order to compete.

Still an assumption that the only way to be competitive is to stack boons, strip boons, or have broken mechanics like stealth.

It’s not an assumption, it’s an observation. I challenge you to find any exceptions to it.

It’s an observation of the current PvP meta game, but that doesn’t mean that the only way to be competitive is to do the things you mentioned. Just that those are the only roles that are competitive at this point in time, not that they will always be so which you assume.

The elite specs could easily change the meta in a way where those things you mentioned aren’t necessary and it could include things that the ranger can do well. Ie, tanky Druid that can burst heal, which doesn’t rely on boons.

Unless I’m mistaken, boons have always been the meta in PvP. If the ranger can stack boons, it might have a chance of actually being played in tournaments. If ANet were capable of making the ranger useful in PvP without stacking boons, they would have done it some time in the past three years. There is no reason for rangers to be incapable of stacking boons.

Boons are good because they augment the base profession. Rangers aren’t in the meta because the base profession isn’t solid. The Ranger is too highly dependent on the pet for damage, utility, and survivability; no other class is handcuffed to AI in the way that Ranger is. The real reason why Rangers aren’t in the meta is because they have lower damage that is reliant on the pet and no group utility that warrants a spot over a different class.

You think that boons are the answer for the Ranger and yet this skill has come along that enables boon stacking, but is at the same time being downplayed because it is easily countered by classes that can strip boons which is the case for any class that heavily stacks boons and currently in the meta. Its the class not the boons.

No, I think that boons are enough of a crutch to possibly make up for some of the AI’s deficiencies. I said all along (starting when the ranger was first revealed, long before release) that shackling rangers to pets was a bad idea. But this far in, ArenaNet is too stubborn to admit how misguided they were and rebuild the profession from the foundation up, despite the fact that this is what needs to happen. If the ranger’s mechanic were something better (my suggestion would be preparations), I would probably still be playing ranger as my main. It’s not, the AI is still bad, and now pets won’t even use their f2 skill when you tell them to. I really hope that I’m wrong, but I strongly suspect that Roy is going to sledgehammer WHaO into oblivion without any compensatory buffs or fixes, because it’s ranger rather than revenant or elementalist, and that has been the pattern with their ranger ‘balances’. Let’s hope that I’m wrong. Honestly, the least he could do is discuss this on the ranger forums. This silent treatment, on top of the terrible balance decisions and all of these pet bugs, is extremely frustrating.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

snip

He has already stated that it will function like Fortifying Bond which is how it should have worked in the first place.

in Ranger

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Hopefully they won’t go overboard and nerf it into oblivion…oh who am I kidding, if it isn’t ele they usually go overboard.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Ranger

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

I dont think it is. I think they want to reward you for playing WHAO with FB and this idea ruins the combo. They need to create a reasonble fix amount that benefits from pet boon duration(?).

I just think if they wanted us to share boons, WHaO is ok. It’s just sharing the boons.

If they wanted us to copy the boons over again, and increase the duration, it should’ve gone on an elite with a longer cooldown, like SotP. Otherwise the potential for abuse is insane.

Either way, they’ve already made up their mind.

https://twitter.com/RoyCronacher/status/649288944513773568

“Instead of copying durations blowing them out, we are still going to have heal as one do all boons, but instead use static durations.”

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

Protect me, Sic em, and Search and Rescue have their uses. Of all the shouts Guard is most in need of a change. Sic em just needs to allow for pet control. The other 2 are fine.

Whether they have there uses or not isn’ t the question here. Are they comporable to there competition for there intended functionality.

I would say no in every single case. There competition is almost ALWAYS better. Frankly. it doesnt matter if in 10% of situations these are better. if in the other 90% there worse.

Ive used these utiltiies for years. I love them. I love using them and working with them as I have played pet focused playstyles in rpgs and mmos since I played a Magician in everquest 1.

I am probably one of the only rangers in the game that has truly used a full complement of shouts in over 80% of there game experience. I know these abilities inside and out as well as any other ranger in this game. That isn’t me bragging. Thats simply how much time ive invested in them.

And yet they have had the same flaws since they were released.

Guard doesn’t even do what it says. You cant trully leave the pet to guard an area. as once you step slightly outside of the standard leash range its attacks disable. Meaning even if an enemy is right next to it attacking it it simply won’t do anything. And if your in leash range and attack something your pet will instantly abandon the area its protecting.

Protect me is flawed as well. The biggest one is pvp related in that it prevents capture point contribution while signet of stone does not.

Some would argue thats alright because of the lower cooldown. However that logic as flawed because signet of stone is superior in every single way except for the stun break.

If the two were equal then the logic of the cooldowns would hold water. as it is now though it does not. Never mind the fact that signet of stone ALLOWS YOUR PET TO KEEP ATTACKING. While protect me does not. Meaning that wihle your backed into a corner you can not use things likes a wolf f2 fear or knockdowns to try and peel for you. if you do the skill will instantly cancel.

Search and rescue is simply terrible. Not only does it inherit the same weakness to poison. It also can be interupted, killed, blocked by terrain, blocked by ground based cc and bugged.

Other heal skills only have to worry about cast time/interuption and line of sight and the nature of poison on the downed.

As I said. Sic em is closest to its original intent in use. But the nature of shouts means that you can’t utilize any other utility skills while this one is active. Or else youl cancel it. That is simply irredeemable.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

So incredibly frustrating. Like, if this is so broken that it needs a dev tweet the day after release, how could they have missed it when designing the change? Constant knee-jerk reactions when it comes to Ranger. Get it together already. Trust your own designers rather than a bunch of salty teenagers on a forum that represent a fraction of your playerbase.

exactly. Who designed this? Anyone? Was it darts at a dartboard? Did anyone even look at what boons a ranger can get before implementing this?

The real anger from the community here, isn’t the nerf itself, but the obvious lack of attention to detail from devs when it comes to designing the ranger (with the exception of Irenio whom I like a lot), i.e. they don’t give a kitten.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

You all seem very upset that this bug is getting fixed. What did you think was going to happen? You’d just get to keep the ability to have seven out of eleven boons up on you permanently? Or that somehow this was intended behaviour?

I’m glad this is being addressed and fixed quickly. It means that fewer people will mistake it as a legitimate development and build around it only to have it be reverted later and their investment wasted.

Ever try fighting a D/D ele as a ranger? Ever win? No? Oh that’s right because ranger has no way to STRIP BOONS.

This is a clear double standard. Not to mention a really stupid one at that since the ranger version has the awesome drawbacks of:

1. Making your burst heal useless should you NOT want to boon share

2. Making you blow your heal if you DO want to boon share

Hur dur, why not make FB bi-directional? Ohh..that’s some tough decision right there!

Also, I agree with whoever has pointed out that this made it to the LIVE SERVER without ANYONE realizing that it may be broken under some circumstances. I really want to buy HoT, but then this crap keeps happening.

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

exactly. Who designed this? Anyone? Was it darts at a dartboard? Did anyone even look at what boons a ranger can get before implementing this?

The real anger from the community here, isn’t the nerf itself, but the obvious lack of attention to detail from devs when it comes to designing the ranger (with the exception of Irenio whom I like a lot), i.e. they don’t give a kitten.

Rangers have needed boon sharing with their pet since the game was released. So no, not darts on a dartboard, something necessary that they didn’t think over the specifics of.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

that logic as flawed because signet of stone is superior in every single way except for the stun break.

“SoS is superior in a 2 ways (1 only relevant in PvP and not WvW) while PM is superior in 2 ways” is a better way to put it (and oddly enough, you even listed the 2 ways PM is superior to SoS )

I’ve always maintained PM is a better skill than SoS for a glassy LB. SoS doesn’t get you of of that bonfire or dragon’s breath or nade spam or whatever else is condi-killing you in mere seconds. The stun break on PM can’t be so easily dismissed.

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

that logic as flawed because signet of stone is superior in every single way except for the stun break.

“SoS is superior in a 2 ways (1 only relevant in PvP and not WvW) while PM is superior in 2 ways” is a better way to put it (and oddly enough, you even listed the 2 ways PM is superior to SoS )

I’ve always maintained PM is a better skill than SoS for a glassy LB. SoS doesn’t get you of of that bonfire or dragon’s breath or nade spam or whatever else is condi-killing you in mere seconds. The stun break on PM can’t be so easily dismissed.

Maybe not. But does it outway the passive toughness gain from signet of stone in hte majority of content. Does it outweigh the fact that the pet can still contribute to the fight while it is active. Even peeling for you or finishing off a person in a close fight. Does it outweight TWO sets of invuln. One for you AND your pet instead of no invulns at all but actually a transfer. Meaning as your pet runs back to you it will start taking double damage. Your damage and the damage it takes from cleave. Does it outweigh canceling any other shout utility you had running.

I can’t agree with that.

Edit; funny. seems signet of stone is superior in quite a few more than 2 ways.

Ghost Yak

(edited by Shadelang.3012)

in Ranger

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

snip

He has already stated that it will function like Fortifying Bond which is how it should have worked in the first place.

thanks for killing the only interesting ranger buff we’ll see until potentially thenext balance patch next year. can’t wait to see what you can ruin w/ another reactionary nerf thread, then.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

So, if they’ll just “lock” boon sharing duration to 10sec it will be fine.
Less than that will be awful.

They’re making it function the same way as Fortifying Bond, which is what it should have been done in the first place.

They might as well just delete it because there’s no **** reason to take the **** skill now. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh one stack of might oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh soooooooooooo awesome

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Sic ‘Em REALLY needs to not cancel when we use F2. That is a huge problem with the skill. If we could activate it and then use F2 for a 40% damage boost to our pet’s primary burst that’d be amazing.

Guard needs a complete overhaul. It doesn’t do what it was meant to do. Maybe if the pet’s next attack after reaching the area was a launch to smacked the enemy off-point it’d see some use on it’s own merits.

in Ranger

Posted by: AgitatedFox.5287

AgitatedFox.5287

The complete outcry from the Ranger community here is unreal. Its unreal, but long overdue. And every point being made about favouritism, not play testing your game, hate towards the Ranger class etc can be backed up.

This is like a partial release of the Ranger frustration that’s been boiling up for months now. Do you even read the Ranger forums? that’s a serious question because I have my doubts. Rarely have you ever listened to us and our suggestions (The people who actually play your game very frequently) or asked us about things. “Druid feedback pl0x” doesn’t count.

You can’t ignore us this time, at least if you do you’ll lose what little respect your dev and balance team have from us.

Ranger Danger!

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

I would like to see Search and Rescue act as a ground targeted pet teleport that acts as an AoE stun break and applies protection and resistance to allies around it.

I would like to see Protect Me, still function as a stun break, but be changed to have the pet teleport to your location and pulse damage reduction around you(killing your pet is stupid and terrible design)

I would like to see Sic Em remain the same as it is now, but add a second skill in a chain called Strike As One that makes the Ranger teleport to the pet.

I would like to see Guard cause the Pet to block attacks (1s) for you and the pet.

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

Sic ‘Em REALLY needs to not cancel when we use F2. That is a huge problem with the skill. If we could activate it and then use F2 for a 40% damage boost to our pet’s primary burst that’d be amazing.

Guard needs a complete overhaul. It doesn’t do what it was meant to do. Maybe if the pet’s next attack after reaching the area was a launch to smacked the enemy off-point it’d see some use on it’s own merits.

If guard confined the pet to the aoe circle. Gave it pulsing protection and stealth while inside. Allowed the pet to function outside the leash range. AND either A: Reduced the damage it takes from hostile conditons while on point. or B: Dealt increased damage to any enemy within the circle. It would be useful in those circumstances.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

snip

thanks for killing the only interesting ranger buff we’ll see until potentially thenext balance patch next year. can’t wait to see what you can ruin w/ another reactionary nerf thread, then.

Yeah because I am the sole reason why it is getting changed, not because it is broken and not working as intended (as stated by a dev). Laughable really. I want the Ranger to be good just as much as anyone else, but not by using broken skills.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Ranger isn’t my main (although it was in GW1). I’m getting kittened off because ArenaNet has a breathtaking set of double standards here. Elementalists are allowed to stack might, protection, and fury on top of insane sustain and condition removal, and this is allowed to continue unchecked for months. They put new rules into place for tournaments because people were stacking four elementalists on a five person team and winning.

I don’t even want to bother explaining it because people aren’t interested in listening.

All I’m gonna say is you’re never going to justify keeping a clearly broken ability by pointing at another class and claiming it’s okay for them to get it we should get it too. If that’s the kind of game play you want, you know how to roll the character up.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

Well the heal as one nerf just hit and its even worse than we thought it would be.

Heres hoping arena net is atleast willing to acknowledge the other shouts existences now.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

this Boon limit is not needed , the only problem is the rotation of quickness , even then to get Perma on any of the other boons it Requires Different weapons or investing everything into boon Generation .

just change Zyphers speed to Super speed Problem solved! no more Scaling of Quickness , then with QZ on the cooldown it can’t be Abused!

the so called perma protection is given from guard only and stone spirit while attacking so thats two Utilities again with maybe Natures vengence for the extra Protection , but guess what thats the Devs fault for not testing the buff properly we get double effects from support spirits like stone spirit and guard which just Scales up because of fortifying bond everything we copy from pet , goes back to the pet! so even if there is a limiter it will only take use longer to generate perma boons again all depending on the type of build used.

really only quickness on a perma rotation is a problem so change Zyphers speed.

this is much more a Combined boon Scaling issue rather than a Boon stacking issue we apply one and maintain those boons with HaO and because of the way fortifying bond works it keeps adding to the duration per copy of HaO and the dev or Roy needs to understand that adding limiters won’t change the Perma Quick Rotations unless they make the nature magic fortifying bonds copy to pet durations even shorter but that would be silly reducing 3seconds of quickness to 2seconds would be ok but it will still be 8seconds per petswap+HaO .

the other issue with this perma rotation of quickness is sharing quicken zyphers 6-7.5seconds to the pet then copying it back for 14seconds with 2seconds cooldown untill HaO is ready, which is then covered by zyphers speed adding to the rangers quickness durations then to HaO again with other 3s>6s copy HaO>pet gets onther 3 inadditon to the fortifying bond -= 6 , by this time Qz is off cooldown adding other 7seconds and we are now back to 14seconds of quickness repeating the rotation .

Gut quickness from Zyphers speed and replace with Allies gain super speed for 2seconds. quickness rotations solved anything is better than a limiter because all those options for perma boons have Large Requirements.

and i’ll keep saying this untill it gets to the Devs , because i am getting quite upset with onther knee jerk reaction.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in Ranger

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

so what exactly are the durations? Because it doesn’t say?

in Ranger

Kodiak.3281

There it is.

We Heal As One: Tuned the copied boons to use flat duration values per boon and apply boons to the ranger pet before copying boons back to the player. This skill will now only grant three stacks of might if that boon is copied.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Ranger

TheFantasticGman.9451

Well, they REKT it.

That just saps any hope I had left for the Ranger being worth a flying kitten ever. Tired of being jacked around by the Devs with the Ranger. I’m ashamed I let myself start liking my Ranger again.

And only 3 stacks of might. What a god kitten waste of a skill again.

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

Looks like they took the lazy way out and made it a straight copy of the nature magic minor…Which means most aspects of this is useless. They even butchered it by limiting hte might you can get to 3 stacks.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Well, they REKT it.

That just saps any hope I had left for the Ranger being worth a flying kitten ever. Tired of being jacked around by the Devs with the Ranger. I’m ashamed I let myself start liking my Ranger again.

10 sec duration and only 3 stacks of might. What a god kitten waste of a skill again.

Because a heal skill that was fine as it was before the changes, getting an added effect of sharing 3 stacks of might is REKT.

in Ranger

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

You can get a recipe for a Bowl of Cactus Fruit Salad from Dusk and Kiena in Dry Top.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Kind of par for the course for ranger, imagine if the other profession were ‘balanced’ in a similar fashion/rate.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: Citrate.1590

Citrate.1590

Jeez its even more pathetic than I thought it was going to be. Only 3 stacks of might?

Back to troll unguent for me

in Ranger

Kodiak.3281

Kind of par for the course for ranger, imagine if the other profession were ‘balanced’ in a similar fashion/rate.

You mean like all the other times when things were legitimately broken and they either disabled them or fixed them in short order?

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Ranger

TheFantasticGman.9451

Well, they REKT it.

10 sec duration and only 3 stacks of might. What a god kitten waste of a skill again.

Because a heal skill that was fine as it was before the changes, getting an added effect of sharing 3 stacks of might is REKT.

Cool story bruh

Skill was made useless

End of story that is WHaO for me

in Ranger

Posted by: BolshoiBooze.3406

BolshoiBooze.3406

Well, they REKT it.

Nobody ever used heal as one before the patch, nobody will use it now. 3 stacks of might is completely irrelevant. At least they fixed beastly warden I guess.