We Heal as One Feedback [merged]

in Ranger

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Heal as one should have no limit on might!
I think this is the only way ranger can stack might by being safe, just like other classes.
Most dangerous game is not even near in pair with other classes.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Oh I just love this…. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Stacking-buffs-out-of-control/first#post5598817

Look through the reddit responses… “Just strip/corrupt them”

See guys, there is no problem with people running around with 2 min of every boon including quickness. It’s only a problem if rangers are running around with them.

I’m sure this will be fixed as soon as an anet dev sees a ranger running with one of these zergs.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: Zoef.2761

Zoef.2761

Oh I just love this…. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Stacking-buffs-out-of-control/first#post5598817

See guys, there is no problem with people running around with 2 min of every boon including quickness. It’s only a problem if rangers are running around with them.

I’m sure this will be fixed as soon as an anet dev sees a ranger running with one of these zergs.

I guess a zerg with 2 mins of every boon loaded is not OP. Ranger, however, is. LOL It just shows how utterly inappropiate the response of devs was. How about this, dear devs? Any comments? Nah, still reading., Aren’t we lucky to have your ears.

(edited by Zoef.2761)

in Ranger

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

I guess a zerg with 2 mins of every boon loaded is not OP. Ranger, however, is. LOL It just shows how utterly inappropiate the response of devs was. How about this, dear devs? Any comments? Nah, still reading., Aren’t we lucky to have your ears.

Apples and oranges, guys. Of course a zerg has many boons with high uptime, it’s a zerg. Many sources for boons which will be shared. It is only able to do so because there are so many people.

But if a roaming ranger, which is travelling alone, is able to have 100% uptime of all boons in the game without traiting or skilling for them except having 1 specific skill: WHaO, then it is a problem. I agree that the stack cap for might could get up a bit and maybe the duration for the boons too. But the old version was a problem, that’s for sure.

(edited by Kodama.6453)

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

If it goes to any class who can stack huge amounts of buffs, they say: Strip Boons or Corrupt Boons! it’s balance and intended!!!
If the same question goes, to ranger, they say: it’s not intended!!! and have to be nerfed as quick as possible!

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Engineer has a very easy time in stacking 25 might and all boons and maintaining them. Yet I see no one nerfing it…

in Ranger

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Engineer has a very easy time in stacking 25 might and all boons and maintaining them. Yet I see no one nerfing it…

You will. They gutted D/D Elementalists first because they were more dominant, but you will. Might stacking is way out of hand and they know it.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

You will. They gutted D/D Elementalists first because they were more dominant, but you will. Might stacking is way out of hand and they know it.

And yet they have given Scrapper another way to stack Might! Their balance team just needs someone to sit around and find ways to abuse mechanics all day. WHaO would never have made it to live then.

in Ranger

Posted by: Odyssey.6523

Odyssey.6523

I just realized as well its very easy for warrior to stack quickness with heightened focus. Why is this reasonable for warrior and not ranger? I’m starting to realize since this patch the biggest thing holding the ranger back is the boons we stack well, Fury, Regen and Swiftness, are just not as useful for combat.

in Ranger

Rizo.9534

Just give ranger trait: Might now give you 45 power.
Why not? warriors have better might and revenants have 50% better furry.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I’m starting to realize since this patch the biggest thing holding the ranger back is the boons we stack well, Fury, Regen and Swiftness, are just not as useful for combat.

The biggest thing holding the ranger back are the devs.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Yeah.. It was a perfectly balanced game till the WhaO came in making Rangers unkillable gods..
Thats why they respont so fast and didnt leave some time to test it like they did with every other class

(edited by Dardamaniac.1295)

in Ranger

Rizo.9534

Yeah.. It was a perfect balanced game till the WhaO came in making Rangers unkillable gods..

/facepalm

Balance???
Balance, where ranger are weakest class in team pvp?
Balance, where ranger are worst possible class in pve?
Balance, where ranger are worst choice for GvG or WvW guild raids?
Balance, where in WvW pet die instantly when enemies are more than 10, and put 50% of all class mechanic on 1min cooldown?
Balance where best part of game where ranger really shine is Downed state???
Balance, where Devs on stream hysterical laugh, when they start to talk about rangers + eSport + Tournaments?

If that’s perfect balance for you, then we have to future.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bob.7189

Bob.7189

“Sarcasm: the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say especially in order to … show irritation, or to be funny”

in Ranger

Kodama.6453

They are able to do so, because they are specced and skilled for that. That wasn’t the case for WHaO.

To give an example what was able to do with the old WHaO:
Stay in the WvW base, have nature magic and resounding timbre slotted in the whole time, slot in all skills for fury. Acivate these and get fury over the 10s. Activate WHaO now, you will have 18s fury which is more than the cd of your traited heal skill. Put WHaO on auto attack, slot out all skills and traits for skills and traits which will give you swiftness and regeneration. Use them before WHaO kicks in. You have perma fury, swiftness and regeneration now. Slot them out and replace them for another boon. You were able to do this to every single boon except aegis and stability. It’s even easier if someone in the base helps you build up the boons.

Since you got all boons you wanted and stacked them high enough, you can slot in all skills and traits you want and still have all boons with 100% uptime.

Compare this to the engineer: is he able to do so? No, if he wants permanent 25 stacks of might, he has to invest skills and traits for it.

(edited by Kodama.6453)

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

So the Ranger who was stacking the boons was getting them for free? I suppose it was a gift sent from heaven.

With the scrapper, you know what the Engi has to do to get the boons? Equip two traits and turn on flame thrower. Or just auto attack. Or mindlessly use elixirs who also clear conditions.

Noone here is arguing that the boon copy needed to be put in check duration wise, but saying that the Ranger did not have to invest anything is just…

You needed to take shouts. You needed to trait them. You needed to get Nature magic. Thats your utility bar and 2 out of 3 lines.

in Ranger

Rizo.9534

They are able to do so, because they are specced and skilled for that. That wasn’t the case for WHaO.

Stay in the WvW base, have nature magic and resounding timbre slotted in the whole time, slot in all skills for fury. Acivate these and get fury over the 10s. Activate WHaO now, you will have 18s fury which is more than the cd of your traited heal skill. Put WHaO on auto attack, slot out all skills and traits for skills and traits which will give you swiftness and regeneration. Use them before WHaO kicks in. You have perma fury, swiftness and regeneration now. Slot them out and replace them for another boon. You were able to do this to every single boon except aegis and stability. It’s even easier if someone in the base helps you build up the boons.

Since you got all boons you wanted and stacked them high enough, you can slot in all skills and traits you want and still have all boons with 100% uptime.

Compare this to the engineer: is he able to do so? No, if he wants permanent 25 stacks of might, he has to invest skills and traits for it.

Ok, he have to invest traits and skills to get perma 25 might, and how you can get perma 25 might from WhaO? because swiftness and regen we have 100% uptime and furry we have 100% uptime in combat anyway. Just tell us, how we should keep perma 25 stacks of might and perma protection?

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

And it becomes exponentially better the more applications you have. It’s just absurd to think for a second that this was not seriously over powered.

…Noone here is arguing that the boon copy needed to be put in check duration wise, but saying that the Ranger did not have to invest anything is just…

You needed to take shouts. You needed to trait them. You needed to get Nature magic. Thats your utility bar and 2 out of 3 lines.

But you can do it all out of combat, then swap back in to the traits and gear and skills you want, as long as you get the duration above 17s, its permanent by casting WHaO on CD.
So, you couldn’t do it in PvP, but you could run PvE solo with all boons and roam WvW with all boons too.

Ok, he have to invest traits and skills to get perma 25 might, and how you can get perma 25 might from WhaO? because swiftness and regen we have 100% uptime and furry we have 100% uptime in combat anyway. Just tell us, how we should keep perma 25 stacks of might and perma protection?

If you want to setup for it, that’s easy too, Omnomberry cream, Strength runes, frost spirit, nature’s vengeance, Jungle Stalker and FB. Then you can swap it all out after you have stacked it 25 times, because the duration will be 18.5s, you can just keep casting WHaO to maintain it. OR you could just Quick Draw Rapid fire onto something and have your River Drake use the F2, voila, 25 might.

Protection is even easier, you just trait shouts and use guard.

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

in Ranger

Kodama.6453

So the Ranger who was stacking the boons was getting them for free? I suppose it was a gift sent from heaven.

With the scrapper, you know what the Engi has to do to get the boons? Equip two traits and turn on flame thrower. Or just auto attack. Or mindlessly use elixirs who also clear conditions.

Noone here is arguing that the boon copy needed to be put in check duration wise, but saying that the Ranger did not have to invest anything is just…

That’s the point, if you got these 10s of a boon, you didn’t need to hold Nature Magic and Resounding Timbre for your build. After using WHaO at a 10s boon, you have 20s now because of nature magic. After the next use of WHaO, you will have 23s of the boon. It is raising each time you use it. And 23s is long enough, so you even can slot out Resounding Timbre now. And you don’t need Nature Magic for boon sharing with your pet too, you just needed it at the start to lower the border to 10s. So, after you got the boons with this duration, you only need one single thing to keep these boons up for eternity: WHaO.

About might, Heimskarl already explained it.

About how to get the protection: You already have nature magic so use blue moa → 6s of protection for f2. Use stone spirit against a weak mob. Dodge roll gives you 2s and Protective Ward 4s if you let a weak mob hit you. Use WHaO and enjoy your perma protection. Or just run the easy way Heimskarl already said and just use traited Guard. Ranger has many protection sources, it isn’t that hard.

(edited by Kodama.6453)

in Ranger

Rizo.9534

I’m agree that it was broken before. I’m.talking about now. Engenee can keep 25 might for years already, but Roy say, that for ranger it’s not intended! It’s not intended only for only one class in game, and these class are the weakest I’m almost every part of the game. I just want to know why it’s not intended only for one class in game? Because we have pets or it’s political decisions?

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

Please use this thread to provide your constructive feedback on the changes to We Heal as One. I know the developers are looking at your comments and concerns, so this merged thread will help them get the bulk of what you have to say.

Please note: If you’re rude, aggressive, or non-constructive, your posts will be removed. It’s that simple: Have a dialogue, a discussion, but please keep it valuable.

Thanks.

Gaile Gray, what do you think – the amount of feedback and ideas are quite… remarkable. The response from the devs? Not so much.

:-(

in Ranger

Zoef.2761

Please use this thread to provide your constructive feedback on the changes to We Heal as One. I know the developers are looking at your comments and concerns, so this merged thread will help them get the bulk of what you have to say.

Please note: If you’re rude, aggressive, or non-constructive, your posts will be removed. It’s that simple: Have a dialogue, a discussion, but please keep it valuable.

Thanks.

Gaile Gray, what do you think – the amount of feedback and ideas are quite… remarkable. The response from the devs? Not so much.

:-(

Quite an understatement I think. Why do I feel this silence is intended?

in Ranger

Posted by: AgitatedFox.5287

AgitatedFox.5287

Hey, devs, still here. Waiting.

Ranger Danger!

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Yeah.. It was a perfect balanced game till the WhaO came in making Rangers unkillable gods..

/facepalm

Balance???
Balance, where ranger are weakest class in team pvp?
Balance, where ranger are worst possible class in pve?
Balance, where ranger are worst choice for GvG or WvW guild raids?
Balance, where in WvW pet die instantly when enemies are more than 10, and put 50% of all class mechanic on 1min cooldown?
Balance where best part of game where ranger really shine is Downed state???
Balance, where Devs on stream hysterical laugh, when they start to talk about rangers + eSport + Tournaments?

If that’s perfect balance for you, then we have to future.

When a Ranger is allowed in a group with others I will believe we are “balanced”.

When a Ranger is in the top two of PvP for “esports” then I will believe in Anet’s idea of “balance”.

Until then, I will stick with reality.

Ranger and any problems therein, skills, mechanics, keys not working (ahem f2 just today hit it twelve times and it STILL would not go off! before and after I was downed in pvp) are being ignored and negated.

Any other business in the US having this much “wrong” with its product would be under a full government ordered recall.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Puck.9612

“We’re listening”

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

“We’re listening”

Well, at least they didn’t say “We will fix everything to your satisfaction.”

in Ranger

Puck.9612

“We’re listening”

It took 24 hours to break it, it’s been over 2 weeks and they haven’t tried anything to fix it. That is unacceptable.

in Ranger

Zoef.2761

Either u accept what happened two weeks ago or u don’t. I don’t accept it.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

More than anything I don’t accept the way it was handled and the way it is now being ignored.

I don’t accept that mesmers are perma stacking the same buffs on zergs and for some reason that doesn’t rate a nerf.

And if anet is suddenly focused on 1v1 potential why aren’t they dealing with the trap thieves that can kill you while never leaving stealth?

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

“We’re listening”

It took 24 hours to break it, it’s been over 2 weeks and they haven’t tried anything to fix it. That is unacceptable.

I took what you said out of context. Didn’t realise you were referring to the PvP pet issue. I totally agree with you. To say to Rangers that they are only worth patching when they have bugs in their advantage and leave them without pets for so long, its just terrible. Not only that, but they already have the fix, but it will not be included until the 23rd… Lame. If they could hotfix WHaO, they should hotfix pets.

More than anything I don’t accept the way it was handled and the way it is now being ignored.

I don’t accept that mesmers are perma stacking the same buffs on zergs and for some reason that doesn’t rate a nerf.

And if anet is suddenly focused on 1v1 potential why aren’t they dealing with the trap thieves that can kill you while never leaving stealth?

I don’t know about Mesmers because I can’t play as you most likely know, but those thief traps MUST reveal on trigger or do damage for the same effect, its utterly absurd that they have been allowed to continue like this for so long. Anyone could see that was going to end up being a massive troll and seriously OP.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

“We’re listening”

I took what you said out of context. Didn’t realise you were referring to the PvP pet issue. I totally agree with you. To say to Rangers that they are only worth patching when they have bugs in their advantage and leave them without pets for so long, its just terrible. Not only that, but they already have the fix, but it will not be included until the 23rd… Lame. If they could hotfix WHaO, they should hotfix pets.

I don’t know about Mesmers because I can’t play as you most likely know, but those thief traps MUST reveal on trigger or do damage for the same effect, its utterly absurd that they have been allowed to continue like this for so long. Anyone could see that was going to end up being a massive troll and seriously OP.

Your a good theory crafter, take a look at these.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Inspiration
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Illusionary_Inspiration

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Hah, I was actually playing around with those yesterday when making a build for my neglected Mesmer, but didn’t get any further than the traits, I also had Blurred Inscriptions in there for reduced CD and condi removal. Got this far before bed heh. So much reflect and boon share.

Anyway, yeah, Mesmer can do it for a whole group… If you had a lot of applications incoming, you could share out everything wholesale.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Hah, I was actually playing around with those yesterday when making a build for my neglected Mesmer, but didn’t get any further than the traits, I also had Blurred Inscriptions in there for reduced CD and condi removal. Got this far before bed heh. So much reflect and boon share.

Anyway, yeah, Mesmer can do it for a whole group… If you had a lot of applications incoming, you could share out everything wholesale.

Fairly certain that Ilusionary Inspiration has a CD which makes it less predictable and useful.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

AgitatedFox.5287

Hate how they think they can get away with this. What a massive kitten you to the Rangers not even giving us an explanation. Normally I’d be on Anets side over this kind of stuff but this is out of order.

Ranger Danger!

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

I think they know that things like this will blow over sooner or later. They’ve done it multiple times; shortbow attack rate, shortbow range, pet damage nerf, quickness nerf, a bunch of undocumented damage nerfs.

When HoT hits next week, this thread will most likely be buried deep down in the ranger forum, and will soon be forgotten…

in Ranger

AgitatedFox.5287

unlikely if I’m still here. We deserve an explanation at least for the kitten they’ve caused us, and if you guys want to forget about then you’ll only continue the loop.

Ranger Danger!

in Ranger

Puck.9612

I think they know that things like this will blow over sooner or later. They’ve done it multiple times; shortbow attack rate, shortbow range, pet damage nerf, quickness nerf, a bunch of undocumented damage nerfs.

When HoT hits next week, this thread will most likely be buried deep down in the ranger forum, and will soon be forgotten…

Not by me. For me this mess was the final straw that kept me from buying HoT. I don’t see the point in paying them money while we remain in such a bad state.

in Ranger

Posted by: Irenio CalmonHuang

Previous

Irenio CalmonHuang

Game Designer

Next

Hey all,

As we hurtle toward launch most of my time is locked into Druid and Scrapper changes.

After much tribulation I was able to make a change to WHAO to remove the static boon stack application on Might and Stability stacks being copied; this was actually a fairly difficult change to implement as we don’t really have support for copying boons with preset durations.

This’ll go in with the 23rd.

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

After much tribulation I was able to make a change to WHAO to remove the static boon stack application on Might and Stability stacks being copied; this was actually a fairly difficult change to implement as we don’t really have support for copying boons with preset durations.

WOW who would expect that? Great news!
You are amazing Irenio.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Posted by: Rogue Potato.4723

Rogue Potato.4723

Hey all,

As we hurtle toward launch most of my time is locked into Druid and Scrapper changes.

Does this mean we can stack more than 3 might in one go now or something completely different? pls I need an adult

“When there’s no point in doing something, the best idea is not to do it.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Hey all,

Hooray for Irenio! Thank you for undoing the knee-jerk reaction of others!

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in Ranger

Nike.2631

Hey all,

Ok, had to stare at this for a bit, but that seems workable. Might and Stability don’t stack duration so they shouldn’t pull the infinite recursion gag.

Now put a stunbreak on one of our traps and we’re golden .

in Ranger

AgitatedFox.5287

Hey all,

Ok, had to stare at this for a bit, but that seems workable. Might and Stability don’t stack duration so they shouldn’t pull the infinite recursion gag.

And fix pet AI.
and fix all the ranger bugs
and give us a bit more damage
and fix sword auto
and fix shortbow

then we’re golden.

Ranger Danger!

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

Hey all,

I’m not sure I fully understand what this means, but it sounds… good, I guess? Lol!

in Ranger

Nike.2631

And fix pet AI.
and fix all the ranger bugs
and give us a bit more damage
and fix sword auto
and fix shortbow

then we’re golden.

Sorry. I meant golden for this week. Yeah, the full list of essential Ranger QoL adjustments is a wee bit longer .

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Hey all,

That’s something.
Any talk about extending the other boons so we are getting more than 2 seconds of protection?

in Ranger

Posted by: Irenio CalmonHuang

Previous

Irenio CalmonHuang

Game Designer

It means that if your pet has 5 stacks of might (durations don’t matter) and you have 10 stacks of might (durations continue to not matter) that when you hit WHAO you’ll gain 5 stacks of might for 10s and your pet will gain 10 stacks of might for 10 seconds.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Can we get something done with mainhand sword autoattack? Jon Peters tried more than a year ago and couldn’t find a solution, and still today we are stuck with a weapon that makes dodging unwieldy in challenging PvE content.

It would also help if Monarch’s Leap was instant like Caithe’s ability in LS2, an evade with a casting time before the evade kicks in kinda defeats the purpose.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zaseka.7182

Zaseka.7182

^ I second the sword auto attack thing. It’s saddening that you can’t dodge out if it asap unless you use another skill and interrupt your chain.

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

It means that if your pet has 5 stacks of might (durations don’t matter) and you have 10 stacks of might (durations continue to not matter) that when you hit WHAO you’ll gain 5 stacks of might for 10s and your pet will gain 10 stacks of might for 10 seconds.

Perfect! This means the infinite stacking stuff can’t happen and we’ll get a 10s duration to utilize our copied boons. That’s a nice amount of time to make use of the copied boons, for both the pet and player. Thanks!

I bet this will put us on back on par with the other boon stacking classes… I might have to rethink switching to Mesmer in HoT!

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons