We have been deceived!!

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: SuzukiMethod.4732

SuzukiMethod.4732

The so called “Druid” isn’t actually the elite spec for the ranger. The Smokescale is. It’s got everything we’ve been wanting: a shadowstep, burst damage, might stacking, a smoke field. All you as the ranger have to do is jump on his back and ride him to Victoryland!!!!

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

The so called “Druid” isn’t actually the elite spec for the ranger. The Smokescale is. It’s got everything we’ve been wanting: a shadowstep, burst damage, might stacking, a smoke field. All you as the ranger have to do is jump on his back and ride him to Victoryland!!!!

And we get that baseline in core.

Nerf nerf nerf!!!!!!

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

They will nerf it 100%

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

As long as it keeps the smokefield they can nerf it to abyss for all I care.

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

The Smokescale is legitimately the first good pet in the entire game. It’s so well designed and useful in multiple ways. If any other pet was nearly as good, Rangers might actually stop hating pets for once.

… I still want tengu.

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

The Smokescale is legitimately the first good pet in the entire game. It’s so well designed and useful in multiple ways. If any other pet was nearly as good, Rangers might actually stop hating pets for once.

…and we can’t have that now, can we?

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

…and we can’t have that now, can we?

It’s gonna be R………..
…….
……. Wait for it …….
…….
……. oy!

“Observe, learn and counter.”

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

That was a great watch haha

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

This simply is not true. A lot of the pets were very good before the massive pet damage nerf patch. Pretty much every spike ability got reduced by 50% damage, cat maul, birds f2 and so on and so forth.

This will probably get the same treatment

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Roy Cronacher is already working intensively on a well thought out nerf. Propably will only be able to hit enemies up to 3 times in the future!

I mean you don’t have to play the ranger class to nerf stuff. This is totally legit.

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

A skill with 2s evasion, constantly porting to the enemy so you can’t run away and able to hit for 27k? This is the essence of overpowered and needs to be nerfed.

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

A skill with 2s evasion, constantly porting to the enemy so you can’t run away and able to hit for 27k? This is the essence of overpowered and needs to be nerfed.

This is a discussion about Ranger precious SmokeScale, not Mesmer mechanics.
Please, leave the food at the doorstep and leave.

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Screenshot or it never happened.

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Kodama.6453

Watch the vid of the OP.

I know ranger needs help and all, but seriously you already got a video in here and no one wants to admit this skill seems to be a bit too powerful?

(edited by Kodama.6453)

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Dojo.1867

Watch the vid of the OP.

I know ranger needs help and all, but seriously you already got a video in here and no one wants to admit this skill seems to be a bit too powerful?

People kind of agree but we didn’t even have the chance to test the pet in sPvP and last time something appeared a bit too strong (and really wasn’t btw) it got kneejerk nerfed to the ground 3 days later.

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: BolshoiBooze.3406

BolshoiBooze.3406

Watch the vid of the OP.

Keep in mind that this is with Sic ‘Em (40% damage increase), signet of the wild (25% damage increase) and close to 25 might stacks on the pet. On top of that, this was in WvW. I’m not saying the damage isn’t too high (haven’t tested it so I don’t know), but in realistic PvP scenarios this is more likely to hit for 5-6k than for 20k.

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Hammerguard.9834

This simply is not true. A lot of the pets were very good before the massive pet damage nerf patch. Pretty much every spike ability got reduced by 50% damage, cat maul, birds f2 and so on and so forth.

It’s not even about how much damage the skills do but rather the skills doing damage at all. The Smokescale has a very reliable source of dealing damage to enemy targets while other pets struggle to even get within range of an attack. Second, the smokefield creates a beautiful synergy between the pet and the ranger which is also something other pets lack. Every pet in the game should have something that can synergize with the ranger. It would give them so much more purpose.

… I still want tengu.

(edited by Hammerguard.9834)

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

It’s not even about how much damage the skills do but rather the skills doing damage at all. The Smokescale has a very reliable source of dealing damage to enemy targets while other pets struggle to even get within range of an attack. Second, the smokefield creates a beautiful synergy between the pet and the ranger which is also something other pets lack.

This.

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Kinda sucks that they’re going to have to nerf a pet because some people will waste their entire build on buffing it. +25% and +40% damage from long cooldown utilities.

That’s why we can’t have a nice things. Maybe Sick Em should get a damage nerf rather than the pets.

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Hammerguard.9834

Sic Em needs to be redesigned anyway. It’s a terrible skill only used for gimmicks. I always wanted something that would cause your pet to charge towards your foe and skip the inevitably slow chase they do currently, whether that ability be inherent to the pet are within a utility skill.

… I still want tengu.

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Dojo.1867

Yep sick em beside being a terribly designed skill to begin with kind of was used to make up for the kittenty damage pets do because they miss 50% of their stuff. So when FINALLY a pet actualy can connect some of its damage it gets nerfed? Seems the wrong target then.

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Kinda sucks that they’re going to have to nerf a pet because some people will waste their entire build on buffing it. +25% and +40% damage from long cooldown utilities.

That’s why we can’t have a nice things. Maybe Sick Em should get a damage nerf rather than the pets.

You mean … That Sick’Em that increases Rangers DPS by 12% for 6 seconds with no DPS boosts and by 6% for 6 seconds with 25 might on Ranger on 40 second cooldown?
Nope, only over my dead body.

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

You mean … That Sick’Em that increases Rangers DPS by 12% for 6 seconds with no DPS boosts and by 6% for 6 seconds with 25 might on Ranger on 40 second cooldown?

I meant for example:

• remove damage from Sick ’Em and make it apply 2s stun instead.
  • increase base damage of all pet skills by 20% (except Smokescale)

We’re having weak pets because people can boost them by 40% and 25% for a few seconds and burst someone down.

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

It’s not even about how much damage the skills do but rather the skills doing damage at all. The Smokescale has a very reliable source of dealing damage to enemy targets while other pets struggle to even get within range of an attack. Second, the smokefield creates a beautiful synergy between the pet and the ranger which is also something other pets lack.

This.

Yeah, plus you have to blow every CD to do it. Why is it that people do not look at pets as a threat at all until they are downed by one, then they QQ? Ah, BM rangers are meant to kill people with pets. In the OPs video, the people he downed could have prevented it every single time by CCing the pet but not one of them even did anything to it, they just ignored it and paid the price.

I really hope they do not nerf this pet too hard, its just the thing for Rangers and pets to be taken seriously.

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Someone dedicated their entire build to a pet that is able to kill someone. Same old song and dance for rangers. If this gets nerfed…. kitten .

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Kodama.6453

This.

Yeah, plus you have to blow every CD to do it. Why is it that people do not look at pets as a threat at all until they are downed by one, then they QQ? Ah, BM rangers are meant to kill people with pets. In the OPs video, the people he downed could have prevented it every single time by CCing the pet but not one of them even did anything to it, they just ignored it and paid the price.

I really hope they do not nerf this pet too hard, its just the thing for Rangers and pets to be taken seriously.

The smoke scale is evading for the attack for 2 seconds. How do you cc something that evades?

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

The smoke scale is evading for the attack for 2 seconds. How do you cc something that evades?

You really can’t think of a single way to not die to a pet? The reason he downed those people was they didn’t know what the pet (or rangers skills) did. They just ignored the several seconds of ranger buffing his pet and keyboard mashed into the fight.

Those same ranger skills on birds or dogs will down people too, but people know the brutal charge and lacerating slash animations, especially when it’s enlarged.

Edit: Let’s also point out jaguars can do this while invisible. The whole “oh god rangers are now able to attack us, let’s make a bunch of threads on the ranger forums whining so hard” shtick is getting really, really old. Every single profession in the game has the ability to make a similar video.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

That build relies completely on long cooldown utilities and the consequent oneshot potential. I expect it knee-jerk nerfed anyway, even tho a single dodge or even a double dodge would’ve been enough, not to mention blocks or other evade/invuln frames. That buffed up charge is literally the only thing you have to prevent in that entire build setup, and it’s on a 48 second cooldown (if the signet is traited).

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

This.

Well, instead of completely ignoring the Smokescale, they could have locked it down before it even attacked, but those players were clueless really.

The Guardian could have used Shield of Wrath or Shield of Absorbtion (can’t see what the OH weapon is on the vid I downloaded) or Shelter to negate it completely, could have immobilised the SS with the scepter she was using and dodged away, KD with sig of power, used Aegis from Virtue of Courage/Retreat, used renewed focus to negate it completely, swapped to GS and use the pull, swap to mace and use the block, any of several blinds etc, instead of just standing there and spamming the scepter.

The Necro could have used the flesh golem on the SS, Used well of darkness, Spectral Grasp and dodge out, staff fear, DS fear, immob or chills, corrupt the boons on it, etc

The mesmer didn’t get much of a chance because he wasn’t watching what was going on, but he also has enough to completely avoid all the damage. Evades, distortion, stealth, teleports etc.

The point of this, is that the pet is not to be ignored like all of those players did. They could have CCd the pet before it was able to attack and bursted the Ranger down, who had no stunbreaks. Or they could have used their own invulns. This is no different to a Thief or Mesmer burst, except for the fact that this is tied to dumb AI that we have little control over. He still had to blow all his CDs for it and has very little access to any stealth.

If this pet is nerfed, then Revenant should be as well as it has the same (but better) ability.

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Keep in mind that this is with Sic ‘Em (40% damage increase), signet of the wild (25% damage increase) and close to 25 might stacks on the pet. On top of that, this was in WvW. I’m not saying the damage isn’t too high (haven’t tested it so I don’t know), but in realistic PvP scenarios this is more likely to hit for 5-6k than for 20k.

1. Pets have exactly the same stats in WvW and PvP.
2. Even with zero buffs, UA can deal a lot of dmg. 8-12k are common, sometimes even more. (I can remember 9,9k UA on a warrior with 3k armor! – with zero buffs outside of the mightstacks from UA and no vuln on the target)

Those same ranger skills on birds or dogs will down people too, but people know the brutal charge and lacerating slash animations, especially when it’s enlarged.

The smokescale deals more (burst) dmg than birds or dogs or every other pet. And UA can’t be fully avoided by a dodge. It is NOT the same like other pets. Of course there is still counterplay (Blocks, stealth, invuln) and it is less effective against multiple targets. But if you bait out those defensive cooldowns, swap to smokescale and use Sick’Em, it is an almost guaranteed win. If it fails, kite/heal for 32 s and try again. I had never an easier time at winning duels. A tanky druid with smokescale is like a mobile turret engi (pre nerf)…

(edited by UmbraNoctis.1907)

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

I meant for example:

• remove damage from Sick ’Em and make it apply 2s stun instead.
  • increase base damage of all pet skills by 20% (except Smokescale)

We’re having weak pets because people can boost them by 40% and 25% for a few seconds and burst someone down.

We’re having weak pets because ANet was busy with HoT. Or Eles. Or warriors. Or what not.

ANet haven’t really touched ranger apart from simple HoT niches until Irenio came. And since he is a person in the crowd he can’t really do much himself. We saw that when he tried to give us something as nice as WHaO buff.

Right Roy?
Doesn’t he want to nerf everything in the game, since the build with perma quickness can be maintained by Rangers with like 60% uptime even now?
It’s fun though, because that build was a mathematical DPS decrease from the standard Zerk. It’s a pity what a name he did with just one declaration of clear anti-ranger attitude.

Can someone twitter him this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veg12_-_4Uw
And it’s getting buffed with daredevil obviously.

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: SuzukiMethod.4732

SuzukiMethod.4732

Despite the ridiculous damage, there are definitely some things that smokescale does right.

Finally we have another pet with an F2 skill as useful as the wolf’s.

It is also the first pet to use Sic’em well, since its highest damage skill is not an activated ability and starts with a shadowstep.

And it’s a pet that can actually hit enemies, which is always nice.

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Mr Pin.6728

Mr Pin.6728

I blame Krumm. Roaming with Krumm and Deso makes everything 1000% more OP. Nerf Krumm.

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I mean the Smokescales skill is the exact same one that Revenant has on its Sword but you still decided to whine about non existant Mesmer abilities instead.

No wonder balance in this game is so messed up.

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

I really hope they don’t touch my Smokescale. (I named him Peekaboo xD)

I love him so much and he’s so fun. I enjoy his uniqueness and really am glad to see where they are taking pets. I hope to see more pets with their own quirks and perks!

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

They will nerf it 100%

I think the correct term is “They will Roy it 100%”

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

Obviously the damage is strong. But the question is, how strong? With the buffs he applied it did hit hard but with a ton of buffs. Either way, if they do nerf it, I hope its a WvW and PvP exclusive nerf.

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

I mean the Smokescales skill is the exact same one that Revenant has on its Sword but you still decided to whine about non existant Mesmer abilities instead.

No wonder balance in this game is so messed up.

You didn’t know it yourself when you were referring to the 27K number.
Since Revenant can’t do that. A mesmer can.

Plus, I know it feels bad to see that Rangers can do it too. I know. I really do. But until they nerf it like the rest of nice things we had, I’ll just enjoy my 1st time in life-time comfort I could only see from distance.

Give it a rest. You don’t want to lure me into balance discussion. Some fellows who follow through my replies and threads would tell you why.

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Dojo.1867

Ye I don’t actually see why a ranger giving up his whole bar would not be allowed to do that dmg on a 50 second cooldown.

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Give it a rest. You don’t want to lure me into balance discussion. Some fellows who follow through my replies and threads would tell you why.

Well quite clearly its because you don’t know what you are talking about.

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Pets were all good once, until they got nerfed to ground.
Birds and cats used to be as good as Smokescale.

Smokescale would be no exception no doubt.

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: lxghostxl.5097

lxghostxl.5097

ANET hates us that much that even the last single piece of hope you have will get burned down to the ground.

We have been deceived!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Why is it that Rangers get broken gimmicky things instead of actual class balance? HaO was broken and gimmicky. Nerfed. This is broken and gimmicky. Nerfed.

So I STILL want to know where my class balance is >_<.