We need more SPEED!

We need more SPEED!

in Ranger

Posted by: Rannulf.9417

Rannulf.9417

One of my first mmo i played has imo the best ranger skill in any mmo called speed if wind, what it does is increase your speed by certain % from like the higest speed rangers can attain is 200% i think.

Here’s a vid showing the skill, it’s not fast forward, that’s the speed the ranger has.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ay9VEw94qw

(edited by Rannulf.9417)

We need more SPEED!

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

What does it have in common with GW2, again?

“Observe, learn and counter.”

We need more SPEED!

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaladarm.2180

Kaladarm.2180

If you want speed you should check out the signets – permanent 25% increase in speed should be more than enough don’t you think?

The way I see it, there’s two ways to solve any problem… the Norn way, or the wrong way.

We need more SPEED!

in Ranger

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

If they were to give rangers a 200% boost…then they’d have to give something similar to the other classes (for balance).
There are already enough ways to increase your speed in-game without going OTT.
By the way, that’s one moose of a game…no wonder people want to play through it fast lol.

We need more SPEED!

in Ranger

Posted by: xXxOrcaxXx.9328

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

I think he has a point. While a 100% increase is definitely too much, we should still be the fastest class out there. We are considered as skirmishers afterall. Yet we can’t kite anyone but necros thanks to blinks, leaps, stealth and stability.

Ranger - Guardian - Warrior - Elementalist - Necromancer - Mesmer
EU Elona Reach – Void Sentinels

We need more SPEED!

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

maybe 50%, it’d make us unique compared to other classes

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

We need more SPEED!

in Ranger

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Some cool ideas to make ranger the fastest class:

Agility Training (Skirmish VI): the effect now applies to ranger as well.
~ a permanent 30% movement speed increase.

Master’s Bond (Beastmastery II): For each stack the pet has, ranger gains 2% in movement speed, this effect will remove when u swap pet.
~ a potential of 25 stacks equivalent to 50% movement speed increase.

We need more SPEED!

in Ranger

Posted by: awge.3852

awge.3852

Ever tried to use birds? perma swiftness right there. Press F1 on any random enemy, let them do the swiftness thingy, then F3 and enjoy.

Mon Fils — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Blackgate
Ranger’s guide to PvP/WvW: http://tinyurl.com/oht3e9z

We need more SPEED!

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I agree with the OP. You kind of expect Rangers to fill the scout role in other games so you’d expect the Ranger class to be the fastest OOC class in the game. Thieves on the other hand should be the most mobile class and you give them amazing dexterity while in combat.

The last class you’d expect to fill the sprinter role is Warrior :/

We need more SPEED!

in Ranger

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Warrior always gets superdexterity in any game i play. I really am not sure why but I assume it is because it is a popular class to promote. :P Often it does make them more fun, I suppose, but yes…

However! I do not think ranger is that slow. In my eyes there is no such thing as too fast ( I love mobility) within reason, but I sure have more issues there on some other alts, like my necro or mesmer (aside from occasional portal tricks).

We need more SPEED!

in Ranger

Posted by: Seth.1308

Seth.1308

As much as I like speed, I’d rather Rangers had more abilities to limit the mobility of other players. Basically, traps/spirits that are strong enough to make an enemy think twice before shadow-stepping into a Ranger.

We need more SPEED!

in Ranger

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Some cool ideas to make ranger the fastest class:

Agility Training (Skirmish VI): the effect now applies to ranger as well.
~ a permanent 30% movement speed increase.

Master’s Bond (Beastmastery II): For each stack the pet has, ranger gains 2% in movement speed, this effect will remove when u swap pet.
~ a potential of 25 stacks equivalent to 50% movement speed increase.

I really like the idea of Agillity Training working on the ranger as well.

That would actually make that trait a lot cooler in general and easier to take between PvE and WvW.

Master’s Bond seeing as it’s so gimmicky, even with a cool benefit like that would still be niche. Maybe a great PvE option for speed. It wouldn’t hurt nothing.

As much as I like speed, I’d rather Rangers had more abilities to limit the mobility of other players. Basically, traps/spirits that are strong enough to make an enemy think twice before shadow-stepping into a Ranger.

I ruin many a cheeky thief’s day with my Spike Trap. Go ahead shadow man. Step right up.

(edited by CETheLucid.3964)

We need more SPEED!

in Ranger

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

I dont even have to watch the video I know what your talking about. Let me pull out my cane here for a second.

Back in my day sonny, Signet of the hunt was a 10% moment speed increase. While Thief had 25%. It was in this very subform that we got not just us, but all classes with movement signets buffed to 25%.

-puts away cane- I think asking for me is being a bit greedy. Try using a build with Quicking Zepher. Its similar to those skills in other MMOs, instead of runspeed and being CC immune, its a stunbreak with attack speed.

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

We need more SPEED!

in Ranger

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

The last class you’d expect to fill the sprinter role is Warrior :/

Gotta agree with you here.
When we think about warriors, they’re frontline soldiers who would march into battle with an unshaken resolve. From this perspective, Anet totally nailed the class. But then, things got a bit too much out of hand. With so much speed burst from weapon skills (sword #2 leap, gs #3 and #5), we now have roflcopter roaming warriors trolling people around and these make the class look bad (thinking of someone who quit the army and has drinking issues)

Meanwhile, ranger… so much more can be done about the class to make it more iconic.

We need more SPEED!

in Ranger

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

This role gets/should get filled by engineers and necros.