We want F2 equality!

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Bredin.5368

Bredin.5368

For many of us it isn’t that we want to be Legolas. Nor is that we want to be able to burst down foes like a thief or stack conditions like a necro or cc-lock people like a warrior.

I know that I don’t need or want any of that….

/rant on
I just want F2 to work. I want it to work every time I press it. Not sometimes, maybe if the pet isn’t running and doesn’t have an attack q’d and it’s target isn’t running a tad too fast.

F2 should fire off every time it is pressed. Just like Steal for the Thief or that shroud thingy for Necros. They press F2 and it works.

Some of the more powerful F2 abilities should have casting times, so of course their being interrupted is fine. But the F2 skill should fire EVERY time the button is pressed.

The core mechanic for a ranger is a lesson in frustration. When you press a button and it has no response, it make the game feel unresponsive. It’s like being in a constant state of WvW zerg-induced skill lag. Imagine the cries of frustration if the Steal mechanic only fired off sometimes…

/rant off

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

the f2 is the last problem we have i think

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

F2 deficiencies are linked to AI deficiencies. Our pets simply do not follow targets well enough, and when you add in queued attacks, lack of control over their other attacks, and no awareness of which F2 abilities would be valuable at what positions, it all adds up to a frustrating experience.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

I was going to make a long thread about this the other day, then figured it would be useless anyways.

I just want the f2 to work when pressed right now. After that happens ill start asking them to fix how the f2 works. Like when you have a drake out and hit f2 and his target is behind him he doesn’t even turn around to face his target first. It’s pretty stupid.

Also, if you swap pets and it starts to attack something with its (let’s say wolf) knockdown family pet attack but you were spamming f2, you have to wait until it finishes doing what it wants, even if it has to chase someone down sometimes.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Araris.7839

Araris.7839

Agreed.. It’s pretty ridiculous.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Melandrus Flower.1206

Melandrus Flower.1206

The problem with the F2 ability is the fact that other actions, like the running or other actions of the pet, override the skill causing it to go on cooldown. I would say, just make the f2 override everything the pet does and only stop the ability when canceled by the player or interrupted by someone else.. Can’t be that hard I would say.

Your point with the drakes shooting the wrong direction is perfectly normal..
When you swap to your drake, it doesn’t have a target yet.. So why would it target something, I think it’s rather comical seeing lightning bolts flying a random direction

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: tan.9240

tan.9240

I SO agree with this. This has been the major part of my frustration as a ranger. Some ppl may complain about traits and such, but since anet wants rangers to be a pet/player combo this should of been fixed first.

“All is vain”

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Sami.7923

Sami.7923

Holy crap yes and MORE PETS WILL ALSO KEEP US HAPPY. Gonna nerf us? give us another pet, rinse repeat until all the other classes become jelly of our zoo keeping abilties.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

Ther are 3 problems with F2:

1. Pets will ignore F2 until their current queue has been executed.
2. Movement on that part of the ranger/pet will prevent F2s from firing.
3. Ranger has no priority in receiving F2 buffs in large groups.

The fix should be:

1. F2 overrides all current pet actions.
2. See above.
3. Pet’s owner should be guaranteed to receive the F2 buff regardless of range from the pet. Allies would still be limited by proximity and/or AOE cap.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Tricare.2946

The problem with the F2 ability is the fact that other actions, like the running or other actions of the pet, override the skill causing it to go on cooldown. I would say, just make the f2 override everything the pet does and only stop the ability when canceled by the player or interrupted by someone else.. Can’t be that hard I would say.

Your point with the drakes shooting the wrong direction is perfectly normal..
When you swap to your drake, it doesn’t have a target yet.. So why would it target something, I think it’s rather comical seeing lightning bolts flying a random direction

Going to disagree. My target is my pets target, if I hit f2 it should look for that target and move in range, period.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

I was going to make a long thread about this the other day, then figured it would be useless anyways.

This has stopped me from making so many posts.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

Rant all you want, I agree. But ANet doesn’t care and don’t even follow these boards. At least nobody who gives a kitten.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

Rant all you want, I agree. But ANet doesn’t care and don’t even follow these boards. At least nobody who gives a kitten.

This has stopped me from making even more posts.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Yeah I want my F2 to kittening work, I went an entire 5v5 brawl in tPvP and I kept trying to get my Hyena to use his kittening howl (tried at THE START of it while he had stability) and guess what? Didn’t use it at all, I must’ve pressed F2 (didn’t even interrupt him like I normally do) like 15 times in the fight, not once did he use it.

Sad part is this isn’t even a common occurrence, to make matters worse it wasn’t even he was bing interrupted he just flat out never kittening howled.

Now I remember why I liked my mesmers and engis prof mechanics more… They work…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

The main problem for me is that normal open world mobs have better attack AI than the pet. Nothing in the game has worse AI than the pet.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

I hear ya brother!!!

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Tip: Don’t spam the F2 button, just hold the F2 button down until the bloody thing activates. Though, it hinders my strafing abilities coz thats one finger used up.

But yea, F2 for rangers is freaking annoying

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Melandrus Flower.1206

Melandrus Flower.1206

Going to disagree. My target is my pets target, if I hit f2 it should look for that target and move in range, period.

I think you’re really wrong at that specific part and I think it is what most people underestimate. This mechanic excels in multi targeting/tasking, which no other profession can do it with the level of control we can. Sadly most people only look at the damage output the ranger is losing “when you ignore the pet”. (Look at all the crying on the ranger forum..)

On issue:
My pet and I are separate units of which I both have control (I present you: the ranger mechanic!). This means both our units, and this is why we differ to necro’s and mesmers with their ‘so called’ pets, can be and are set on completely different tasks. while this might take some practice we can do literally anything with them, from pulling different mobs together, tanking Ettins without getting hit or nibbling on a Mesmer while you stab his friend.. You make it.

What you were saying about my target is my pets target is not true at all.. I assume you are thinking about the fact that, when I’m attacking this grawl my pet automatically attacks it like I do.. While in fact it’s the same as pressing f1 once, which GW2 does for you if you don’t set your pet on yield(or whatever it’s called.. Maybe passive or something, I’d call it Mellow perhaps).

The problem of the targeted F2 skills isn’t that hard to overcome either..
Just swap pet(where the issue starts)
Press F1 then F2 instead of just spamming F2 (or just wait .5 second if it isn’t less till the pet goes on auto attack and the press the pets ability of choice)

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

F2 is a pet ability ?

Really, nobody actually bothered to tell my pet because mainly it’s off with the faries somewhere !

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Red Jay.2516

Red Jay.2516

Simplest solution:

Make F2 abilities instant and take priority before any other pet action

I really wonder why it’s not already the case, considering thief F1 and basically every other profession mechanic does not have delay before the casting begins.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Tricare.2946

I think you’re really wrong at that specific part and I think it is what most people underestimate. This mechanic excels in multi targeting/tasking, which no other profession can do it with the level of control we can. Sadly most people only look at the damage output the ranger is losing “when you ignore the pet”. (Look at all the crying on the ranger forum..)

On issue:
My pet and I are separate units of which I both have control (I present you: the ranger mechanic!). This means both our units, and this is why we differ to necro’s and mesmers with their ‘so called’ pets, can be and are set on completely different tasks. while this might take some practice we can do literally anything with them, from pulling different mobs together, tanking Ettins without getting hit or nibbling on a Mesmer while you stab his friend.. You make it.

What you were saying about my target is my pets target is not true at all.. I assume you are thinking about the fact that, when I’m attacking this grawl my pet automatically attacks it like I do.. While in fact it’s the same as pressing f1 once, which GW2 does for you if you don’t set your pet on yield(or whatever it’s called.. Maybe passive or something, I’d call it Mellow perhaps).

The problem of the targeted F2 skills isn’t that hard to overcome either..
Just swap pet(where the issue starts)
Press F1 then F2 instead of just spamming F2 (or just wait .5 second if it isn’t less till the pet goes on auto attack and the press the pets ability of choice)

You are missing the point entirely I think.

First this thread is about how when we hit f2 the pet doesn’t do anything.

Second what I was talking about is when I swap pets and spam f2 my pet should us my target if it doesn’t have one already. ( oh and hitting the pet attack button doesn’t work fast enough to hit it then f2) that .5 second delay you are speaking of it more like 1-2 seconds.

I roam in wvw and any delay in attacks messes up everything and can get you killed. I’m all for having your pet attack someone else while you’re on a different target. However, with drakes, if they don’t have a target, they should use your current target, not just waste the ability.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

The problem has been explain to us before. It’s because of the pet skills activation times. If you press F2 while the pet is using a skill attack, it needs to finish that attack, before it can start doing the F2 attack. That, plus the F2 skills own activation time, makes the F2 skills feel unresponsive. When a target is too far away, the F2 skill can also be canceled.

That’s not an excuse as to why it isn’t fixed yet, but that is the problem.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

(edited by Kasama.8941)

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

The problem has been explain to us before. It’s because of the pet skills activation times. If you press F2 while the pet is using a skill attack, it needs to finish that attack, before it can start doing the F2 attack. That, plus the F2 skills own activation time, makes the F2 skills feel unresponsive. When a target is too far away, the F2 skill can also be canceled.

I will say it’s.a legitamit problem, but it needs fixing, F2 should override any and all actions (other than perhaps movement). I don’t think making them instant cast is the solution, kitten many here think it is, because really… AoE fear/immob/chill or the drake breathes etc, just is OP.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Khayoss.2019

I think you’re really wrong at that specific part and I think it is what most people underestimate. This mechanic excels in multi targeting/tasking, which no other profession can do it with the level of control we can.

On issue:
My pet and I are separate units of which I both have control (I present you: the ranger mechanic!).

If this were actually true, then pets wouldn’t be an issue. In reality, you have less control over your pet in this game than in any other game that has had a pet class in the history of the MMORPG genre – and that is not an exaggeration, I’ve played a crap ton of pet classes over the past 15 years. If we actually had control over our pets actions, and they responded immediately to our commands then these threads and complaints would all go away.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

" It’s because of the pet skills activation times. If you press F2 while the pet is using a skill attack, it needs to finish that attack, before it can start doing the F2 attack. "

It’s not just that. The F2 commands are executed really badly, worse than for open world animals. For example when commanded to use fire breath on a target, a drake pet will walk up to where an enemy used to be, not turn to face them, and breathe into thin air. That’s if you are lucky, since the pet might do nothing, breathe fire without bothering to move, or wander about for a while then give up. Open world drakes do far better than that since they always move up to where you are now, turn to face you now, then attack you (after checking you are in range).

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I almost put my fist through my keyboard trying to get my wolf to fear somebody when I needed it to the other day only to watch the wolf run around in circles badly pathing to a target that it couldn’t keep up with long enough to execute its F2.

So please, or else, when things break, ANet is getting sued for responsibility of the negligent behavior of features of their product resulting in damaged property. (joke but still)

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

the f2 is the last problem we have i think

Strongly disagree. It is one of the core problems of rangers. Take it froma guy playing many other professions, that Pet F2 is horrible. To make it comparable. When I shatter my illusions as mesmer (what could be closes to the F2 pet skill) my illusions run imidiatly to it’s target and shatter. I can even summon new illusions during that porcess and the ones, supposed to shatter, will still do so. I had once 9 illusions arround me, where 2 triplets of them were running to their target to shatter.

Now we compare F2 pet skills to that. You have only one pet (that is fine). The F2 triggers unreliably. If it triggers, the respecting animation is super slow. One has to be super lucky or has to inticipate pet AND enemy movement to pull it off effectivly. Why can’t it be, that the pet stops everything when u press F2. If it is a boon or smth, it trigger imidiatly. If it is a condition or attack, it attacks right away, meaning it runs to the target and does, what it’s supposed to do. Also the animation should be faster. Any decent half brained player can see the wolf howling and dodge it accordingly (I know it, I have fought rangers for months and months, without being troubled by them). Even when the pet is still executing F2, I want to be able to switch pet without the first pet canceling that ability.

Ranger Pet mechanics are a joke compared to other profession unique F1 to F4 mechanics and need a drastic improvement in manner of speed and reliability.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

" It’s because of the pet skills activation times. If you press F2 while the pet is using a skill attack, it needs to finish that attack, before it can start doing the F2 attack. "

It’s not just that. The F2 commands are executed really badly, worse than for open world animals. For example when commanded to use fire breath on a target, a drake pet will walk up to where an enemy used to be, not turn to face them, and breathe into thin air. That’s if you are lucky, since the pet might do nothing, breathe fire without bothering to move, or wander about for a while then give up. Open world drakes do far better than that since they always move up to where you are now, turn to face you now, then attack you (after checking you are in range).

If you use the F2 skills with drakes, right after you switch them in, they will miss. This is a known bug. That’s why you always have to use auto-attack with a drake first, before using the F2 skill. Once you that, the drake will work just like the NPC drakes do. Using the River Drake or Marsh Drake will also help you hit, as their projectiles follows their target, and bounce between other targets.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I will say it’s.a legitamit problem, but it needs fixing, F2 should override any and all actions (other than perhaps movement). I don’t think making them instant cast is the solution, kitten many here think it is, because really… AoE fear/immob/chill or the drake breathes etc, just is OP.

My concern is that if they aren’t made instant, ANet will simply activate the ability instantly regardless of what’s going on, but the pet will still need to run through the entire animation before the spell actually goes off. You’ll never hit anything with a wolf howl, drake breath, etc unless they are actively pummeling your face in and have absolute 0 situational awareness.

While I do agree with you that instant F2’s would be overpowered, the pessimist in me doesn’t have faith that ANet can make the F2 abilities both work and be balanced. And if I were to choose one or the other, I’d choose the one most in favor of the Ranger.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

actually I’ve never had problem with F2 ability….
ok maybe a phew like pet died when casting or such…

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

My concern is that if they aren’t made instant, ANet will simply activate the ability instantly regardless of what’s going on, but the pet will still need to run through the entire animation before the spell actually goes off. You’ll never hit anything with a wolf howl, drake breath, etc unless they are actively pummeling your face in and have absolute 0 situational awareness.

While I do agree with you that instant F2’s would be overpowered, the pessimist in me doesn’t have faith that ANet can make the F2 abilities both work and be balanced. And if I were to choose one or the other, I’d choose the one most in favor of the Ranger.

Well if i’m using drakes i tend to have a lot of snares/immobs (i’m a beast master) and just force the enemy to eat the drake breathe (or at least part of it), and i’ve never had issues with the wolf fear landing because i tend to force their dodges early, or make them dodge the wolf howl so i can pop something else, like muddy terrain for example.

Instant pet skills would be nice, sure, but i don’t think they’re -needed- that’s never been the issue i’ve had with them, it’s ALWAYS been that they just never use the kittening thing.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Have you played a thief? We don’t even have F2.

All is vain.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Noobie.1073

Noobie.1073

One has to be super lucky or has to inticipate pet AND enemy movement to pull it off effectivly. Why can’t it be, that the pet stops everything when u press F2. If it is a boon or smth, it trigger imidiatly. If it is a condition or attack, it attacks right away, meaning it runs to the target and does, what it’s supposed to do. Also the animation should be faster. Any decent half brained player can see the wolf howling and dodge it accordingly (I know it, I have fought rangers for months and months, without being troubled by them). Even when the pet is still executing F2, I want to be able to switch pet without the first pet canceling that ability.

I really like the idea that a pet F2 does not get cancelled when summoning a new pet but that may be asking for too much. I’ve come to accept that the Ranger is the ugly stepchild of GW2 and will always be ignored. No Cinderella story here so I’ve got to make the most of what I’ve got and sadly, our pets ain’t much, but I look at it as a a trait now.

“Beastmaster Tree – Grandmaster Trait – “As long as your pet is alive, randomy hit opponents for X amount damage.”

This mentality has helped me to accept that F2 will not improve and that I should learn to fight without it.

I Cha Cha I – Mediocre Ranger at best
Mao Xiong – Worst Warrior GW2

(edited by Noobie.1073)

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Aridia.3042

Yep, having a gap closer that steals another player’s F2 sure is a terrible thing.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Yep, having a gap closer that steals another player’s F2 sure is a terrible thing.

Doesn’t steal another players F2, i could only dream of having the same F2 on my mesmer or engi or ranger that a thief gains when they steal them..

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Aridia.3042

Doesn’t steal another players F2, i could only dream of having the same F2 on my mesmer or engi or ranger that a thief gains when they steal them..

I know. I just thought a troll deserves another troll.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Lord Trejgon.2809

hej really thief’s steal is F1 skill not F2…
same with warriors adrenaline burst, and probably some more…
so If we want comparing each otzer classes mechanics we should compare steal to…
“Atack my target!” erm.. that will not works

but seriously I see nothing wrong with rangers class mechanics skills – NOTHING. it just need a little skill to make full potential.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

hej really thief’s steal is F1 skill not F2…
same with warriors adrenaline burst, and probably some more…
so If we want comparing each otzer classes mechanics we should compare steal to…
“Atack my target!” erm.. that will not works

but seriously I see nothing wrong with rangers class mechanics skills – NOTHING. it just need a little skill to make full potential.

I laughed my kitten off here. Yeah our F1 is very weak compared to any other F1^^ Buff it ANet… lol, very nice post.

However, I disagree with nothing being wrong with F2. I play multiple professions and are allways shocked by not/slwo working of pet F2.

“Beastmaster Tree – Grandmaster Trait – “As long as your pet is alive, randomy hit opponents for X amount damage.”

This mentality has helped me to accept that F2 will not improve and that I should learn to fight without it.

Yep, that is how I handle it. But that trait has something else. Press F2 and sometimes ncie things happen to you with a variable chance of success^^

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Khayoss.2019

You understand that our F2’s are controlled by the same mob AI that I can out-maneuver in a siege golem right? Go grab yourself a golem in WvW, walk up to any drake mob and see if it hits you with it’s AoE attack. You can even get out of the way without dodging. And did I mention you can do this in a siege golem?

Nothing wrong… Do you work for ANet by any chance?

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Tracker.6483

Tracker.6483

Many F2 abilities have a range.

When your pet has a target, it will not “waste” the F2 if it won’t hit due to being out of range.

I like this.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Ther are 3 problems with F2:

1. Pets will ignore F2 until their current queue has been executed.
2. Movement on that part of the ranger/pet will prevent F2s from firing.
3. Ranger has no priority in receiving F2 buffs in large groups.

The fix should be:

1. F2 overrides all current pet actions.
2. See above.
3. Pet’s owner should be guaranteed to receive the F2 buff regardless of range from the pet. Allies would still be limited by proximity and/or AOE cap.

Agree

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Lord Trejgon.2809

You understand that our F2’s are controlled by the same mob AI that I can out-maneuver in a siege golem right? Go grab yourself a golem in WvW, walk up to any drake mob and see if it hits you with it’s AoE attack. You can even get out of the way without dodging. And did I mention you can do this in a siege golem?

Nothing wrong… Do you work for ANet by any chance?

I would love to but unfortunatelly not
maybe just I’m lucky with my pet’s
as for now the only pet skill I found problematic to launch sometimes is terryfying holw from the wolf – while doing scarlet invasion event. but nothing major I had already much worse problems with my other classes profession skills

theoretically pets are using “better” version of that AI… but same as necromancer minions, spirit weapons of the guardian etc.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Many F2 abilities have a range.

When your pet has a target, it will not “waste” the F2 if it won’t hit due to being out of range.

I like this.

My mesmers F2 will not be wasted either, infact if I don’t have a target, and thus no illusions, me hitting any F skill puts it on a short 2s CD, you know, the same thing that happens if I get a tad over zealous with pressing the F2 skill on my ranger and happen to hit it twice in a row.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

My mesmers F2 will not be wasted either, infact if I don’t have a target, and thus no illusions, me hitting any F skill puts it on a short 2s CD, you know, the same thing that happens if I get a tad over zealous with pressing the F2 skill on my ranger and happen to hit it twice in a row.

I always get the full duration cooldown. Except for interrupts, I’ve never seen the F2 skill go on anything like a 2 sec CD. (Speaking of which, my mesmer gets a 4 sec CD.)

I tried testing hitting F2 twice real quick, and it doesn’t cancel the skill. There’s something else going on which is causing the cancels with full cooldown.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I always get the full duration cooldown. Except for interrupts, I’ve never seen the F2 skill go on anything like a 2 sec CD. (Speaking of which, my mesmer gets a 4 sec CD.)

I tried testing hitting F2 twice real quick, and it doesn’t cancel the skill. There’s something else going on which is causing the cancels with full cooldown.

Ah, 4s is probably right the skill timers don’t show up on my F skills for some reason =(.

And hit F2 as your pets casting, it’ll stop, however this is “working as intended”.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Rawrakai.2908

Rawrakai.2908

Did anyone really feel the burn when trying to get F2’s off in the crown pavilion? I had some huge frustrations between winning a fight and losing it just because of the responsiveness of the pet.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

I was going to write something sharp, but unfortunately it looked way too offensive.
Guys you have yet to master the….pet f2. Pressing a key is hard you know. The mechanic is perfect, anet I love you <3
Lord you should defo apply for a job at anet, it’s crystal clear you comply with their standards.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Lord Trejgon.2809

I was going to write something sharp, but unfortunately it looked way too offensive.
1Guys you have yet to master the….pet f2. Pressing a key is hard you know. The mechanic is perfect, anet I love you <3
Lord you should defo apply for a job at anet,2 it’s crystal clear you comply with their standards.

1actually same with sword auto-atack – seems like “just auto-atack” but if not used properly it clearly sucks

2 or I’m just blind You know I said “I see nothing wrong” so that’s mine opinion based on my experience with the class. Maybe I’m blind, or maybe I’m so lucky, that I’m only one for whom it’s working properly.

btw. I apretiate that You resigned from that “too offensive” version of the post

PS. but that sarcasm with “anet I love You” wasn’t necessary maybe sometime I may sound like somekind of idiotic fanboy but believe me I can see many things in gw2 that need to be improved yet – just those things are not breaking the game for me

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Posted by: Bredin.5368

Bredin.5368

@Lord Trejgon
Sword auto attack and the pet F2 have nothing in common. I personally love the sword auto—you need to learn how to use it’s specific mechanic. If you do, it can give you that edge to down opponents by allowing you to stick to them like glue.

Does the way F2 operate ruin the game for me? Well, I was dueling a Maguma mesmer with that OP dueling build. He was very good and he beat me four times straight (as expected), but I toasted him the 5th duel. What happened? I got off 2 interrupts myself and FOUR (4) consecutive interrupts/CCs from my pets. I pressed F2 (immobilize) and it worked! Then it attacked (knockdown). Then I swapped and it attacked right away (knockdown again). Then I pressed F2 (fear) and it worked again!! It was…great.

The mesmer said, “Boy, I’m glad your pets don’t always do that, or else rangers would be as good as a thief or mesmer.”

That’s our point. We are not on par because our core mechanic does not work reliably.

We want F2 equality!

in Ranger

Lord Trejgon.2809

@Bredin so I’m lucky because I’ve never notice to mine pet not execute their F2 (using jaguar and wolf right now) only cases were when pet got nuked so he died before ended casting.

and actually.. when properly played we are as good as thief (not sure about mesmer, but with thiefs I actually don’t have any problem in 1v1 fights)

example with sword auto was an counter argument to Fjandi’s “pressing a key is hard thing” actually just pressing isn’t hard but pressing it in good moment.. that can be and both with 1hsword auto-atack and our F2

may I ask did You tried in previous fight to use f2 on your pet? it worked? got interrupted? didn’t launch at all?

maybe I didn’t have an issues because I’m using specific pets (stalk from jaguar actually don’t have casting time, so I can always see how she “vanishes” “in the run” going toward enemy for know as secondary I have a wolf and fear on howl works for me pretty well lastly I used reef drake (and didn’t noticed issues with his breath-f2) and when jump to the whole beginning I was using devourers of two types – and their F2 was “big cast and then something-like-rapid-fire-with bleeding” and “poison volley-just-on-pet-not-on-bow” and didn’t noticed any more problem that target sometimes got kille by me bafore pet actually loaded his F2…

actually what pet are You using? wolf and…