Weapons for travelling

Weapons for travelling

in Ranger

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

I hoped levelling as a ranger I would be using bows a lot, but I find I am always running around with GS and axe/warhorn.

Because, warhorn for swiftness buff, and GS swoop for the longjump.

Sure, I could run around the world travelling at half the speed of normal going as slow as possible.. but why would anybody want that?

I have already got 100% world completion on my guardian, so seeing the sights again isn’t important to me.

Am I the only one who travels with this weapon combination or is there something better for faster travelling?

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

Weapons for travelling

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Swoop, Swoop, horn 5, repeat is about the fastest you can go, I think.

Weapons for travelling

in Ranger

Posted by: Yuuki.1087

Yuuki.1087

- GS#3
- WH#5
- SotH
- Rampage as One
- 5 points in Skirmishing

LVL80/Full Equipment: Warrior, Ranger, Necro, Mesmer, Guardian, Engineer, Elementalist
LVL2: Thief

Weapons for travelling

in Ranger

Yuuki.1087

underwater you can use Spear#3 also

LVL80/Full Equipment: Warrior, Ranger, Necro, Mesmer, Guardian, Engineer, Elementalist

Weapons for travelling

in Ranger

Vashoom.8512

yes, underwater I sometimes quickly turn around for “ink blast”, then spin back for “dart”.

it may seem like what’s the point for travelling, but on some spvp maps it’s a life saver

still, a shame we have to carry these when travelling and thus are forced to use them for day-to-day pve events. still, at least we don’t have to use the shield!

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

Weapons for travelling

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

If you want underwater movement try LR. kitten that will send you flying.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

Weapons for travelling

in Ranger

Yuuki.1087

This reminds me of Q in Goldfinger…

Q: You see the gear shift here, you put the top off and see a little red button.
What ever you do dont touch it.

James: No, why not.

Weapons for travelling

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

GS
Sword + warhorn
Lightning reflex
SotH

Disable auto target.
Swoop, horn, turn backwards and hornet sting, face forward again and monarch leap, turn backwards and LR. Repeat.

Weapons for travelling

in Ranger

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

GS
Sword + warhorn
Lightning reflex
SotH

Disable auto target.
Swoop, horn, turn backwards and hornet sting, face forward again and monarch leap, turn backwards and LR. Repeat.

How do you turn yourself, manually with the mouse? I usually use about face, then use that/LR, then aboutface again. Sometimes I mess up that combination in the heat of battle though.

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

Weapons for travelling

in Ranger

Aridia.3042

GS
Sword + warhorn
Lightning reflex
SotH

Disable auto target.

How do you turn yourself, manually with the mouse? I usually use about face, then use that/LR, then aboutface again. Sometimes I mess up that combination in the heat of battle though.

Practice rotating the camera with your mouse. There’s no need to use the about face button if you flick the wrist. For things like hornet sting, you should be rotating the camera right after you’ve hit the button so you’ll be oriented properly to use monarch leap. There’s a generous 3 second window though after the first backwards leap, so don’t fret if you can’t do it seamlessly.

Weapons for travelling

in Ranger

Vashoom.8512

Sorry I don’t know all the acronyms, what is “LR”? (left and right mouse button?)
And kitten? do you mean a special ability on one of the cats? You totally lost me here..

I tried travelling with sword + warhorn but seriously.. combat with sword ? yeah its great it keeps moving towards the target automatically, but you cannot dodge roll or move or do anything.. its the worse auto attack I’ve seen with an class in the game!
No, much better for me axe+wh & gs.

this post about 1h and movement helped me: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/1h-Sword-Autoattack-Explained/first#post856805
(basically, say turn off auto attack)

(edited by Vashoom.8512)

Weapons for travelling

in Ranger

Aridia.3042

Sorry I don’t know all the acronyms, what is “LR”? (left and right mouse button?)
And kitten?

Utility, lightning reflex. And yes, it’s pretty hilarious when you use it underwater. You get launched…