Welp, PI and Confusion is dead in WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Think top end damage I have now with PI is 548 damage, Which is actually less then my Burn damage.

I don’t imagine Mesmer’s and Engineer’s will enjoy that nerf as Anet basically killed 2 builds in World vs World for them as well (esp Scepter for Mesmer’s, which is basically gone as a weapon now)

I ended up replacing PI with Lightning Reflexes, though Signet of the Stone wouldn’t be bad for the 180 toughness now.

Some might ask, why not run Sic’Em, and my answer is, Sic’Em is unreliable against anyone with half a brain.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Well, my man, you dont like slowing enemy for pet to use sick ’em and the cheese build you popularized was nerfed. That sucks. Now go find another build to popularize; clearly, you have the wherewithall to handle it. If not, roll your thief or whatever. Good luck in the future, take care.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: capuchinseven.8395

capuchinseven.8395

Signet of Stone is pretty nice actually, I can get around 2300 toughness in a bunker sPVP build and it’s kinda nice when I’m running a more ’zerker spec because I can still get 1400 thoughness.

Not bad at all.

Frankly, a confusion nerf can only be a good thing for me. The only class that bothers me in my shortbow build was one that could stack confusion.

The bravest animal in the land is Captain Beaky and his band.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

The confusion nerf saddens me because i feel that confusion in sPvP (and now WvW) just isn’t very threatening… but oh well, what can you do?

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Well, my man, you dont like slowing enemy for pet to use sick ’em and the cheese build you popularized was nerfed. That sucks. Now go find another build to popularize; clearly, you have the wherewithall to handle it. If not, roll your thief or whatever. Good luck in the future, take care.

It was funny I once thought this guy was serious. Now it’s obvious we’ve got a resident troll.

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

It only really hurts me in 1vsX where I need the burst to take down multiple targets with Bonfire and Entangle, I’ll take a hit there fairly hard.

You can try Sic’Em in PvP, its not super effective (because certain abilities cause the pet to just drop it completely)

Lightning Reflex is probably the best bet. which is why I switched to it.

I do feel bad for Mesmer’s and Engineer’s though, cause this change basically gutted large portions of both of those classes..

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

The confusion nerf saddens me because i feel that confusion in sPvP (and now WvW) just isn’t very threatening… but oh well, what can you do?

Yea, like I said, I lose some of my offensive power with the change, But I’m not completely destroyed as a class, Condition Mesmer’s are basically dead now.

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

Well, they’ll just go back to a shatter spec — condition mesmers were garbage anyways in pve while shatter spec is strong in all formats.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pedra.4381

Pedra.4381

Well, my man, you dont like slowing enemy for pet to use sick ’em and the cheese build you popularized was nerfed. That sucks.

Chopps, I’m just amazed (stunned actually) to see you admit that something was nerfed.

JonPeters.5630:]I do still believe ranger is the profession in most need of improvement…

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

Well, my man, you dont like slowing enemy for pet to use sick ’em and the cheese build you popularized was nerfed. That sucks.

Chopps, I’m just amazed (stunned actually) to see you admit that something was nerfed.

rofl, I’m kind of surprised he thinks it was a cheese build more ;o)

in Ranger

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

Even after the nerf, confusion from glamour traited mesmers is still top dog for condition damage… I dont feel bad for mesmers at all, they don’t have to respec they just have to get use to being mortal like the rest of us.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

Even after the nerf, confusion from glamour traited mesmers is still top dog for condition damage… I dont feel bad for mesmers at all, they don’t have to respec they just have to get use to being mortal like the rest of us.

This makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Except they will most probably kick my kitten… but whatever. As for PI it was preeeeettty strong for a 1 skill point utility. So yeah, there you go.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

It was funny I once thought this guy was serious. Now it’s obvious we’ve got a resident troll.

Sucks to be the people who the Devs ignore so much that true trolls are allowed to post but people who disagree with them are sometimes censured.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Posted by: Geshque.1326

Geshque.1326

Chopps, anyone one this forum consider you serious for a while now. Just play the PVE, my man, and try to avoid this forums cause you’re bringing just 0 usefulness here.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Idk why everyone is saying condi mes is dead, mines working just fine… Only thing that’s dead is pure confusion mes aka “glamor mes”

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

rofl, I’m kind of surprised he thinks it was a cheese build more ;o)

I just said cheesy because I feel like racial abilities are cheesy, that’s all. Why do people think I’m trolling when I speak my mind though? Bizarre

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Chopps, anyone one this forum consider you serious for a while now. Just play the PVE, my man, and try to avoid this forums cause you’re bringing just 0 usefulness here.

It’s a free forum, I can do whatever I want so long as it’s within the ToS. If you don’t like my posts, don’t read them—problem solved.

in Ranger

Geshque.1326

Well, there must be a reason why people think you are trolling, Chopps. But I want to believe it is that way, if not – the problem may be even worse.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Well, there must be a reason why people think you are trolling, Chopps. But I want to believe it is that way, if not – the problem may be even worse.

I never insulted you. You need a SF hug! <3

in Ranger

Geshque.1326

I am not insulting you either. I’m just saying that there must be a reason in you why people think you are a troll <3

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I am not insulting you either. I’m just saying that there must be a reason in you why people think you are a troll <3

Because he’s not jumping on the “Rangers are awful in WvW and PvE” bandwagon but doesn’t have any vids to prove it, I’ve done a little bit of PvE with Chopps and he/she certainly isn’t a bad ranger.

Done some PvP too, needs a little work in that aspect, but so do a lot of PvE/WvW heavy players.

in Ranger

Geshque.1326

I have never admitted that Chopps is a bad player.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I have never admitted that Chopps is a bad player.

I’m not saying -you- did, but that’s how he got the “troll” title, he was essentially a blasphemer in the church of “rangers are kitten in PvE and WvW”.

in Ranger

Geshque.1326

Well, I am not a fanatic of that church, but not a heretic either. Rangers are certainly not a top tier in PvE and WwW. Simply denying it and wearing red glasses is not the best idea.

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

Yup. Anyone who says rangers are fine in pve and wvw compared to ele or guardians or thieves or warriors just loses credibility.

Rangers are very strong in tpvp, and it ends there. Because in tpvp condition builds works, and tankiness is important, and you can use jaguars and ravens freely without them dying in a few seconds and because berserker gear setups are not universally better.

But in pve, where berserker is undeniably better, and guardians/warriors/mesmers/thieves stand at the top of the pve food chain, people have all the right to complain when we got no meaningful change to pet survival vs. aoe spam and spirits are still garbage, as are many of our traits.

I mean, how many of you actually use, for example, the trait that gives your pet 1 second of 1 stack of might everytime you crit? How many people use the trait for might on signet use? (1 measly stack on 30+ second cd signets, really bad compared to HGH trait and elixirs).

How many people even use several of the BM traits, like that garbage compassion training that’s a measly amount of healing power to the pet? Slot that trait and it’s like a 5% healing increase or less to your pet’s healing. Same for the condi damage and duration traits for the pet.

And why are the greatsword traits, a weapon that only gets good the more berserker gear you have, on the kitten toughness line instead of on the more logical crit/critdmg or power lines?

Our traits are spread all over, and the effects of those traits are too diluted. They need to combine several traits. Especially the spirit ones. And the spirit traits should be moved to tier 1 and 2 with the possible exception of walking spirits (which nobody takes because spirits still die to a sneeze).

in Ranger

Geshque.1326

So that is true, Zenith.
And now i adress to Chopps – my man, the thing is not about your survival in CoE. The thing is that other can do everything BETTER than you.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

@Zenith, well Rampagers is equal to Berserkers armor in PvE so long as you’re the only condi user (or your condis don’t overlap) in the group.

And I use compassion training when I run Moas… Sometimes, I’ve been taking Commanding Voice and Speed Training now that those aren’t garbage though.

EDIT: keep in mind to me PvE is just a playground and shouldn’t be taken “hard core” so I don’t go for any sort of “competitive” builds there, as you can see by my Magi Ranger going for a BM/Healer build xD.

(edited by Durzlla.6295)

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

When did I say ranger is “optimal” (whatever that means) in pve? Quit putting words in my mouth. My message has always been the same:

i) gw2 is a skill game and regardless of profession/build/weapons, skill is a huge weighting factor in the equation of success

ii) I have maximum fun playing ranger, therefore I play it. I don’t care if a guardian has X, Y, or Z. I will still be standing over people with Whirling Defense, saving them from projectiles, or poisoning before a heal, weakening the “vigor” professions, laying combo fields, rezzing, and destroying enemies a mile away with my pet. Why? Because it’s fun.

I don’t have to bandwagon on guardians or elementalists because I don’t care about balance. Do you think two NBA teams in a playoffs match are “balanced”? Balanced according to what? You don’t need to average more height, have a better left hand, or a 5% better shooting rate. The only thing that matters if, given the tools you have, do you win or lose—in the context of a team. You can win as a team or lose as an individual in gw2. The choice is yours.

Thankfully, I play in a tolerant guild that “gets it”. We focus on teamwork and a ranger brings control: a unique mixture of healing and conditions and tons of utility by simply swapping pets. I like to run healing power with oakheart salve, vigorous renewal / healing spring, and frost trap (as well as muddy terrain). I like to dive in and out of combat. It’s awesome.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

If you want my honest opinion … it is good that a racial skill that put one race at a very big advantage for a condi build got nerfed.

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

@Zenith, well Rampagers is equal to Berserkers armor in PvE so long as you’re the only condi user (or your condis don’t overlap) in the group.

And I use compassion training when I run Moas… Sometimes, I’ve been taking Commanding Voice and Speed Training now that those aren’t garbage though.

EDIT: keep in mind to me PvE is just a playground and shouldn’t be taken “hard core” so I don’t go for any sort of “competitive” builds there, as you can see by my Magi Ranger going for a BM/Healer build xD.

Rampager is never equal to berserker, not even close. Conditions are flat out inferior in any group environment that wants an efficient run.

The only condition you need in a group is vulnerability stacking, and warriors do that just fine for the group.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yea, I saw this coming a mile away from when Xsorus posted his first vid, lol.

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

Well to be fair, it’s not my fault guys..

I blame Mesmer’s and Engineer’s for screwing me yet again

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

LOL, engineers in particular. At least mesmer confusion duration was shorter. Engineer prybar at 5 stacks for 5 secs was just dumb since they could put another with pistol and it’s a lot of stacks for a lot of time in addition to burning.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

I think it was right thing to do, PI was OP and we all know it.

Also last update was great, rangers are in good place both TPvP and WvW just matter finding them NEW builds, the latest update gave us heap of new viable builds but like 90% of garbage on the ranger forums most of you are uttly clueless like always and would rather complain rather then come up with new builds and test new idea’s, to busy crying over stuff you have no idea about….

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Conditions are flat out inferior in any group environment that wants an efficient run.

Too bad conditions are more reliable in group content because if any one of the players is doing badly, then the conditions may be the only thing saving you as you constantly dodge the enemies and try to rez them.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

Also last update was great, rangers are in good place both TPvP and WvW just matter finding them NEW builds, the latest update gave us heap of new viable builds but like 90% of garbage on the ranger forums most of you are uttly clueless like always and would rather complain rather then come up with new builds and test new idea’s, to busy crying over stuff you have no idea about….

PI wasn’t overpowered, It was just really suited for BM bunker build

I mean if you looked it in comparison to some other classes, It wasn’t used..I used it on my thief for example but honestly i preferred Caltrops

edit

I used it on my thief in my one PI video, but when not filming that i didn’t bother with it, Should of stressed that.

If you look at all the other classes, Few of them got a huge benefit out of it, and hell not every build got a huge benefit out of it as well, For Example..Trap Build, You’d not use PI even if you’re condition just like BM.

BM Bunker though got a whole lot from PI, It was just a perfect match for it.

If they’d just cut damage by 25% vs 50% it’d still be usable I think..but with the current nerf its simply not viable

(edited by Xsorus.2507)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

It was smart thing for Anet to do, its race skill if anything it should only be viable in PvE and not PvP.

Now your build is same as every other BM build means you get to use more then 1 skill to win all your fights.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

I’ve won plenty of fights without it, It does lessen my ability to fight Multiple People and win though.

I also don’t believe that whole mantra of “Race skills should only be viable in PVE” that honestly is a load of bollocks and really is just silly.

Racials should fill up gaps in your build if you desire.

I chose to make a Norn Guardian for example because of their elites.

in Ranger

Posted by: Venereus.9473

Venereus.9473

Other specs and professions simply didn’t use PI or any other racial skill because they actually have good profession utilities. Now Rangers are limited to signets, wich is kinda good since now I only have to micro the pet and can mostly forget about the utility skills.

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Wait…people actually used PI while as a Ranger?

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Other specs and professions simply didn’t use PI or any other racial skill because they actually have good profession utilities. Now Rangers are limited to signets, wich is kinda good since now I only have to micro the pet and can mostly forget about the utility skills.

Plenty of classes use Prayer to Lyssa, or Prayer to Dwayna, i’ve seen an ungodly amount of ranged builds use the Sylvari’s root skill to give them more CC, not to mention Engis like to use the norn utilities so they get more heals.

There’s PLENTY of profs that will use their racials to fill gaps in what their prof provides, Rangers are no different.

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

Wait…people actually used PI while as a Ranger?

Before the nerf, It was the best skill in the game for a BM Bunker build.

in Ranger

Posted by: ski.4927

ski.4927

I ended up replacing PI with Lightning Reflexes, though Signet of the Stone wouldn’t be bad for the 180 toughness now.

Some might ask, why not run Sic’Em, and my answer is, Sic’Em is unreliable against anyone with half a brain.

What about Signet of Renewal? I went this route on Turkish when they nerfed/fixed Empathic Bond.

Turkish Krul – Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Blackbird.4382

Blackbird.4382

Lol, or they’re too busy with a real life to spend hours theory crafting and testing for something that’s should be minor entertainment. Seriously, get over yourself. While I do appreciate the effort many put into that stuff and are kind enough to post their thoughts for the rest of us, I can’t help but wonder how much time was wasted on something so insignificant.

Ranger/Thief/Elementalist/Warrior – Fort Aspenwood
DAOC Vet – Etheria & Schado Fox