What I am doing wrong?

What I am doing wrong?

in Ranger

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

My pet is stronger than me! I don’t know what am I doing wrong.

I’m at lvl 65. My pet does around 500 / 1k(critical – ~50% chance I guess)+condition damage build (does a lot of damage) with normal atks (feline). (I am using a lot of pet trait becouse its is better than me!)

I get ~130 and ~250 with critical 30% chance (short bow/normal atks). I am using shot bow/axe+torch and focusing in trap skills (the only skill type that does significant damage)

I just tested and my pet kills faster than me! (without activating its skill – F2) and I using full traps and skills.

How can I improve my ranger? I don’t found any good trait ranger oriented like the pet’s. Thanks guys.

Sorry for my english.

Sorry for my english.

What I am doing wrong?

in Ranger

Posted by: Luriyu.6873

Luriyu.6873

> My pet is stronger than me! I don’t know what am I doing wrong.

and your pet/build is?

also you’re hitting nearly 2:1 for shortbow hits…calculate your damage totally, are you also including conditions?

edit: sorry fully read post instead of just skimmed through it looking for key words…

> I’m at lvl 65. My pet does around 500 / 1k(critical – ~50% chance I guess)+condition damage build (does a lot of damage) with normal atks (feline). (I am using a lot of pet trait becouse its is better than me!)

felines will have a higher dps than you. they have some of the hardest hitting attacks and a full bm is capable of a 3k-5k crit each hit. as far as i know, this is the design of rangers and pets are supposed to be 30-40% of your dps.

axe is really bad for single target, and you can raise your single target dps by switching to a sword+offhand (but you have to get good at using it to get the effect you want).

i’m not really familiar with cats (i run duel dogs because double/triple knockdown+ fear is fun to have).

(edited by Luriyu.6873)

What I am doing wrong?

in Ranger

Posted by: yoshoken.9432

yoshoken.9432

(I am using a lot of pet trait becouse its is better than me!)

This one line makes it obvious you’re a BM traited Ranger.

A couple of points:

1) If you put all your points into your pet line, they’re going to hit hard.
2) Damage per hit != Damage per Second (DPS).
3) (AFAIK) Pet attributes do not scale with the Ranger’s gear.

And most importantly: Pets hate moving targets. 0 hits = 0 damage.

What I am doing wrong?

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I’m sure Sebrent has the exact numbers but it’s pretty common (and sometimes desirable) for the ranger’s pet to hit harder than the ranger. Recently there was a kittenin build posted, read up on that. A full master’s bond and buffed jaguar can melt things. Try master’s bond, signet of the wild, and sick ‘em and sit back and sip lemonade while your cat wreaks havoc. Don’t sip too long though because without your direction the pet will die.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

What I am doing wrong?

in Ranger

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Thanks guys. I’m using an axe becouse the short bow sucks aganist several enemies and is the only ranged weapon with good splash (or short of) and torch to suppport. Also I am using traps becouse is the only good AoE and damage utility skills.

Sorry I’m new to ranger and was wondering why the pet build is stronger than ranger’s focused (I don’t find good traits to ranger focused), so I went to pet’s focused instead 0/20(I,VIII)/10(V)/0/25(IV,VII).

I’ll try ur tip, Chopps. Signet of the wild + Sick ’Em stack? Thanks.

Sorry for my english.

What I am doing wrong?

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

The power shortbow build does pretty good damage I think, so if you’re not feeling fine with the pets out-dps-ing you, you can try that, but its not as effective as it used to be due to the quickness nerf. Other than that, welcome to the club, thats how rangers are

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF