What SoulBeast pets will you use?

in Ranger

Posted by: The Mighty Bellegar.4501

The Mighty Bellegar.4501

For those unaware, here is the list of pet abilities:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soulbeast#Pet_Family

Personally I’m thinking about Jacaranda for a 16 second CD cleanse+heal+regen, as well as a decent 1200 range nuke. Combine that with something like Bear+Unflinching Fortitude and you could potentially have a very solid bruiser build.

(edited by The Mighty Bellegar.4501)

in Ranger

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Iboga and/or Bristleback for Condi.

Jacaranda and something for Power (Smokescale).

in Ranger

Posted by: terrorshard.3854

terrorshard.3854

Smokescale and that big ohko deer thing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Likely the gazelle and the cheetah. Both offer decent personal abilities. One gives good CC/mobility. The other HAS high mobility and good damage. WIth soulbeast cats become more popular for me because its a bit easier to keep them alive.

Edit: And having a pet that can shadowstep after that thief on command would be REALLY nice.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

Probably smokescale and rock gazelle (if it’s not nerfed too much).

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

for pvp?

Devourer for sure. It has an interrupt, an evade, and a really fun F3.

Rock gazelle, smokescale and tiger look great for power builds. Hounds are great for the additional knockdown.

Jacaranda and bears for survivability.

I’m thinking Iboga and Wolf for condi builds. they look very strong there.

I was really disappointed by felines, birds, moas, drakes and wyverns. their Soulbeast abilities ended up feeling way too watered down and ineffectual.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Likely the gazelle and the cheetah. Both offer decent personal abilities. One gives good CC/mobility. The other HAS high mobility and good damage. WIth soulbeast cats become more popular for me because its a bit easier to keep them alive.

Edit: And having a pet that can shadowstep after that thief on command would be REALLY nice.

If they allow taunt to be cast on the location the cheetah shadowsteps to, it will most likely be one of the pets I’ll use.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

I’m a fan of River Drake for PvE

in Ranger

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

me too. But the beastmode skills doesn’t look great

I would prefer raven with 1200 leap and group swiftness. Maybe iboga as second for its 1200 pull on pet f2 :-)

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

in Ranger

Posted by: Alchimist.4738

Alchimist.4738

Power – Smokescale + Rock Gazelle (eventually in sPvP you may want Red Moa for the extra heal or Drakehound for the knockdown in Beastmode).

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I don’t mean to be a Negative Nancy but “none”. The is spec is insanely boring. Haven’t played in like 2 weeks because it exists and that is depressing to me. I didn’t like druid, but at least is was a ranger. This is like a crap warrior.

Sorry for rant. Bring me home anet, do something, anything interesting for this spec.

in Ranger

Posted by: creature.5120

creature.5120

Jacaranda and Iboga for PvE and PvP.
But depends on how the dagger will work on life. Because the condiaplly was not enough to deal with most cleanses.
Jacarandas “lightning” cleave is awesome and the pull from Iboga can be awsome when enemy player doesnt have stab up.

Créature – Dr00d, Nebulâk – Nec
Kämpfe stehts fanatisch, denn du bist ein Menschenjäger!

in Ranger

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

well somke scale .. onthing change from hot

in Ranger

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

I will use all of them depending on my slightest whim.

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Raven for Gap Closer and pull.
Jacaranda for AoE dmg and heal.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Ranger

Posted by: HeavenSwordz.2813

HeavenSwordz.2813

What I’m going for :
Cheetah for the shadowstep if it work with Beastly Warden and for the pull.
Jacaranda AoE damage/zoning with heals and cleanse.

Alternative :
Black Bear with Defy Pain and Unflinching Fortitude.
Gazelle seems really good for 1v1 with a 900 range dash and daze.
Smokescale is always great with Smoke Assault, a Knockdown and a Smoke Field for stealth.
Bristleback for condi build.

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

Cheetah for the shadowstep if it work with Beastly Warden

I really, really hope Anet sees the issue with this pet and how BW currently works, it really needs to activate where it lands.

in Ranger

Posted by: HeavenSwordz.2813

HeavenSwordz.2813

I really, really hope Anet sees the issue with this pet and how BW currently works, it really needs to activate where it lands.

Yeah, Definitively,
if this happen when casting the ability before the shadowstep, this trait will be useless and this will be such a wasted opportunity.

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Yeah, Definitively,
if this happen when casting the ability before the shadowstep, this trait will be useless and this will be such a wasted opportunity.

The trait is coded to activate at skill activation which means it will always work this way.

The cheatah will only ever taunt enemies if they are already in range when it’s shadowstep activates.

IE, using the F2 at 1200 range will probably not taunt anything.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Yeah, Definitively,

The trait is coded to activate at skill activation which means it will always work this way.

The cheatah will only ever taunt enemies if they are already in range when it’s shadowstep activates.

If you are in beastmode, though, it activates after the cast time of the skill, so they can change it to be different times.

This could actually be a positive in some instances, imagine your cheetah is fighting somewhere and another enemy player is incoming, you swap target and press F2, the Cheetah taunts the player closest to it, then steps to the other, dragging the player away from you.

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

Yeah, unfortunately that’s the most likely scenario. When it comes to programming though, nothing is impossible, so if they wanted they could ‘fix’ this.

This could actually be a positive in some instances, imagine your cheetah is fighting somewhere and another enemy player is incoming, you swap target and press F2, the Cheetah taunts the player closest to it, then steps to the other, dragging the player away from you.

Yes I wrote about just that in another thread. While it could be useful, a taunt on location would imho be far more valuable.
There’s another solution to all this though, and that’s adding a short taunt/stun to the F2 attack. They can replace the Swiftness boon for all I care.

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Yeah, Definitively,

If you are in beastmode, though, it activates after the cast time of the skill, so they can change it to be different times.

Potentially but I have a feeling it’s an all or nothing deal. IE, beastmode skills are a separate type of skill and have different coding from the pet F2’s.

For example, using pet F2’s doesn’t trigger live fast for anyone despite clearly being listed as “beast skills”. I’m not sure if this is intended or not but they clearly used two different sets of code for each.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Dragon.4782

Dragon.4782

Hyena and Rock gazelle. Not only are they good with dps and interrupts but they also provide some really fun mechanics for the soulbeast too!

(edited by Dragon.4782)