What Type of Build Was This Ranger Running?

in Ranger

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

So I was going through my duel recordings and ran into this one. Was very curious what type of build this ranger was running. This duel, was the reason I switched up the build in the video to one that keeps the pressure up more during a duel which would hopefully wear down tankier opponents quicker.

Prior to dueling this guy, I was beating up on warriors with little skill. This FA fighter made me hold rangers with a little more respect.

Thanks for anyone who helps.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in Ranger

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Look at how often he procs regen. You’re looking at a ranger most likely wearing Cleric’s armor or at least some hybrid of Cleric’s and something else. He is definitely wearing Dwayna runes (procs on heals). He also likely has 30 in Wilderness Survival and 10+ in Nature Magic based off the duration of his regens and the method of application (on burns/bleeds) in tandom with how his pet is stealing conditions (grandmaster wilderness survival). As for the other 10 points, I’d guess they are in either Skirmishing or Beastmastery since he seems to have pretty high healing power (Beastmastery) and Skirmishing is another viable place to toss the remaining points for a power build like his.

Also he has 0 points in Marksmanship since he had no opening strike.

0/x/30/10+/x

Hope that helps.

Edit: He definitely had shouts traited.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

(edited by Faux Sheaux.6179)

in Ranger

Posted by: losmuertes.7285

losmuertes.7285

If I had to guess based on what I saw in the video it was 0-0-20-30-20. Basically he was a shout/tank beastmaster build. He didn’t use conditions and his healing power was very high.

He had to have at least 15 into wilderness survival due to the protection on dodge roll.

You know you are getting old when you enjoy remembering things more than doing them.

in Ranger

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Thanks for the replies. I know next to nothing about Rangers. So I will look at build editors to get more info based off your replies. I appreciate the responses. That dude definitely had some sustain, as well as knowing when to dodge. Sucker dodged on some key points killing my burst chains.

Thanks again for the replies. Look forward to fighting more rangers that can give good duels.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

Thanks again for the replies. Look forward to fighting more rangers that can give good duels.

Hit me up when you’ve got a matchup against EBay :P

in Ranger

Posted by: Noobie.1073

Noobie.1073

My guess would be a hybrid clerics build similar to one that I run.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNBMhFaEoqyOwSxi1SQ0UkJzzecIFtoXhY5K4/KWZH-jkyAoNBRCCIhBg8AlFLiGbZsIasKGM9pStSNQ+kioVLFgeKjA-w

Switch some traits here and there but the idea is the same. You won’t have the healing power of a traditional BM/clerics but the pets that he chose without traits would hit a heavy armored opponent for roughly 900-1.2k damage while he would hit roughly 600-1500 depending on crits and weapon choices. he’d have some passive regen and when healing is used, would tick for roughly 950hp. It’ll be a really dragged out fight against guards, but against any other class, this build would be very hard to take down unless you can immob the ranger. Foods can also be switched around depending on the opponent.

I Cha Cha I – Mediocre Ranger at best
Mao Xiong – Worst Warrior GW2

in Ranger

Posted by: Jacks.5367

Jacks.5367

It’s really hard to tell. I can tell a few a more obvious ones:
- His pet is Raven/Hawk(or Eagle)
-He is running GS/LB
-Healing skill – Troll’s Ungent
- At least 0/5?/15?/30/0?

This is just my speculation:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQJARTnAVkYZfFeBxaZAp9ITskzjVIRcPGFPJELZXJA-j0CBYLQoLAEGQ0HAZPFRjtMMIVXht8Ka6FY6SER1ecFRrGA-w

I think he is running something along this line. I may be wronged.

in Ranger

Cat Has Ducks.1982

My guess would be a hybrid clerics build similar to one that I run.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNBMhFaEoqyOwSxi1SQ0UkJzzecIFtoXhY5K4/KWZH-jkyAoNBRCCIhBg8AlFLiGbZsIasKGM9pStSNQ+kioVLFgeKjA-w

Switch some traits here and there but the idea is the same. You won’t have the healing power of a traditional BM/clerics but the pets that he chose without traits would hit a heavy armored opponent for roughly 900-1.2k damage while he would hit roughly 600-1500 depending on crits and weapon choices. he’d have some passive regen and when healing is used, would tick for roughly 950hp. It’ll be a really dragged out fight against guards, but against any other class, this build would be very hard to take down unless you can immob the ranger. Foods can also be switched around depending on the opponent.

Nice appreciate the build link to see. I enjoy learning about classes, and knowing what type of builds can possibly be thrown at me. Real good info in that post. And for fairness sake, here is the build I ran in that video. Though I have drastically changed it, experimenting with some new things.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUEQNAsdRlUgaDHHSNEfIFRugKFx7e4Hw41DIGxGC-jQDBYfBCbBk+AkKIQJPJL7RQMBCtMsIasKGYqSQKVDp2bIauEDpWIABLAA-e

Hit me up when you’ve got a matchup against EBay :P

November 1st, we are matched up
So you shall be hearing from me. Lord Chuck I[Lg] of Dragonbrand – Guardian

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

in Ranger

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Probably close to what im running. Im doing apoc gear 30 wilderness survival 30 natures magic 10 beastmastery. Troll unget is roughly 1k heal per sec 10 secs 25 sec cooldown so I have 15 secs that its not up. With shouts cause regen and shout mastery and 33% longer regen traits I can use guard every 12 secs to stack perma regen. He had the singet of the wild which is another 150ish heal per sec. 30 points into wilderness survival transfers 3 conditions to my pet every 10 secs.
I can pretty much out regen just about anybody 1v1 and depend on conditions to do most of my damage which ends up in me winning most 1v1’s but sometimes coming up against somebody with good condi removal and it ends up a draw. And as usual the longbow/hammer super op warrior build beats me and just about everything.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Look at how often he procs regen. You’re looking at a ranger most likely wearing Cleric’s armor or at least some hybrid of Cleric’s and something else. He is definitely wearing Dwayna runes (procs on heals). He also likely has 30 in Wilderness Survival and 30 in Nature Magic based off the duration of his regens and the method of application (on burns/bleeds) in tandom with how his pet is stealing conditions (grandmaster wilderness survival). As for the other 10 points, I’d guess they are in either Skirmishing or Beastmastery since he seems to have pretty high healing power (Beastmastery) and Skirmishing is another viable place to toss the remaining points for a power build like his.

0/x/30/30/x

Hope that helps.

I hope you noticed he’s running triple signet, so he did NOT have shouts traited.

He was gaining swiftness and fury from weapon swap.

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

Look at how often he procs regen. You’re looking at a ranger most likely wearing Cleric’s armor or at least some hybrid of Cleric’s and something else. He is definitely wearing Dwayna runes (procs on heals). He also likely has 30 in Wilderness Survival and 30 in Nature Magic based off the duration of his regens and the method of application (on burns/bleeds) in tandom with how his pet is stealing conditions (grandmaster wilderness survival). As for the other 10 points, I’d guess they are in either Skirmishing or Beastmastery since he seems to have pretty high healing power (Beastmastery) and Skirmishing is another viable place to toss the remaining points for a power build like his.

0/x/30/30/x

Hope that helps.

I hope you noticed he’s running triple signet, so he did NOT have shouts traited.

He was gaining swiftness and fury from weapon swap.

Yeah you’re right

in Ranger

Posted by: Jacks.5367

Jacks.5367

You are actually right. He run triple signet but I don’t get it how he can get that regen if he has no shout?

He actually don’t get fury when he swap.

in Ranger

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Man this kind of seems like fun…. I wish someone would post a vid of a guardian asking for what build they run. Even though most just run AH builds going 0/x/30/30/x boring mode….

Oh well, I will keep checking in with this thread as the story unfolds. Appreciate the responses so far.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

So…
at least 15 in skirmishing for fury and swiftness on weapon swap
I’d bet on 30 in wilderness survival for the awesome bark skin (but a least 15 for protection on dodge)
You should have targeted the bird at least once so we could have known if he invest in nature magic but he should have at least 10 point here for regen duration.
At first i though that the bird was a bit resilient but no.

Runes have to be runes of dwayna.

So I would expect something like that :

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNAsYTjAV91JWCWsWCi2DN1/zzPco/hY5KMqCWdA-jEyAoNACDQWsIas1tioxqYw0nK1K1A5TKiWtUA6pMC-w

But that’s just a guess

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

You are actually right. He run triple signet but I don’t get it how he can get that regen if he has no shout?

It’s probably a proc that was just coincidentally well timed. He’ll get it by chance with Dwayna runes and on burns from traits.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

he had 3 signets , so its not traited shouts . He had fury and swift on swap so thats at least 15 into skirmishing . 30 into wilderness is a given for a build like this … or for any ranger build atm . At least 10 into nature magic . Cleric 99% sure .

If i had to quess , it would be 0 20 30 20 0 . If he is using longbow , he must be using quickdraw , martial mastery for GS cooldowns as well . Emphatic 100% , 33% extra regen duration and either natures protection or evasive purity . Perhaps extra 30% pet critical damage

in Ranger

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

He does get fury on swap, watch the video again.

He gets regen when his health drops below 75% health and i’m assuming he has 10 points in the tree to get 33% regen duration.

in Ranger

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

0/30/20/20/0 or 0/20/30/20/0

im guessing. I didnt see too much pet swaping or shout or opening strike so it would be a good guess he had 0 on the first and last tree line.

he didnt do much condition except the pet gives vulnerbility n f2 blind.

he definately had 33% regen duration.

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

he had 3 signets , so its not traited shouts . He had fury and swift on swap so thats at least 15 into skirmishing . 30 into wilderness is a given for a build like this … or for any ranger build atm . At least 10 into nature magic . Cleric 99% sure .

If i had to quess , it would be 0 20 30 20 0 . If he is using longbow , he must be using quickdraw , martial mastery for GS cooldowns as well . Emphatic 100% , 33% extra regen duration and either natures protection or evasive purity . Perhaps extra 30% pet critical damage

This 0/20/30/20/0 or possibly 0/25/30/15/0 with dwayna runes and some cleric or cleric mix, more in skirmishing and we would have seen the dmg buff from gs5 don’t think he had natures protection either cause never saw a long lasting protection buff or dodge removing blind so I think he might have only 15 in nature.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

Here is what I saw in the video:

Utilities:
Signet of the Hunt
Signet of the Wild
Signet of Renewal?

He never uses any of his signets; just relies on the passives.

Elite:
Rampage as One

You can clearly see this used throughout the video.

Heal:
Troll Unguent

Clearly by the amount of healing burst regeneration he does (watching closely, you can see that while he has just the regen boon up, he doesn’t heal nearly as quickly).