What Would You Not Want Buffed?

in Ranger

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Let’s have a discussion that isn’t about nerfs, but rather about skills people feel are in a good place right now.

in Ranger

Posted by: Noein.1685

Noein.1685

the greatsword is in a good place. i would like to see a reduced cooldown on skill number 5 but meh.

That which has no life.

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

the greatsword is in a good place. i would like to see a reduced cooldown on skill number 5 but meh.

Can’t really agree with that, the auto attack damage on GS could definitely use some love.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: Loxsus.3841

Loxsus.3841

Can’t really agree with that, the auto attack damage on GS could definitely use some love.

Yeah I agree. A bit more damage would be nice.

I think warhorn and torch are in good spots, along with off hand dagger and axe.

Basically I like our off hands. They don’t need buffed.

Healing Spring seems good though classifying the heals as a TYPE might be nice like some classes get. Same with Troll Urgent.

Sword doesn’t need to be buffed at all though whether or not to remove the STICKY affect is not something I’ll classify as a buff or nerf to avoid that.

Signet of the Wild for speed is fine as is too, I think. Gives you a reason to use it for a hard hitting maul.

Rampage as One and Entangle are good as well.

Most everything else might need some work.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Would not want any more underwater combat buffs. Since the aquaman patch, I think Rangers are good there.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

Longbow damage, or base pet damage

longbow because obviously, it’s damage is in a good spot right now (though perhaps we need to spread out the damage a bit. e.g. a 5-10% nerf to autoattack, but 100% buff to the damage of #4, if they’re close to you (sort of a reverse of autoattack)

base pet damage because i don’t want pets to become a “required” part of your build. it would just spell nerfs for other things. buffing the damage if you trait into beastermastery though, i can get behind.

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

in Ranger

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

LB is in a pretty good spot. Aside from barrage being a little hard to use, it’s in the right place atm.

Only thing that need polish is how the traitline works right now. Skirmishing traits are just too lackluster in many aspects. GS traits tend to all stuck in survival/nature lines too. Beastmaster has many useless traits that’re hardly used, plus pet damage is pretty bad to invest in Beastmaster. (Used to scale better though)

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

Rampage as One and Entangle are good as well.

Entangle could use some bug fixes though. From what I’ve been seeing and hearing it cleanses/stops applying ticks of bleed and immobilize if the the target goes into stealth, and its hit detection can be dodgy — especially on uneven terrain.

Other than that, it’s a very good controll elite for both power and condi specs.

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

I’d say signet, longbow and most of survival skills (sharpening stone being the black sheep here) don’t need buff.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Ranger

Toxsa.2701

I’d say signet, longbow and most of survival skills (sharpening stone being the black sheep here) don’t need buff.

I disagree. I think Signets and Survival all need some QoL polishing.

Signet of Hunt active should last for 3 hits instead of just one so people will be more willing to activate it.

Signet of Restoration should transfer all conditions from the user to pet regardless of the distance. The group removal should still stay as 600 radius, but for ranger himself, it should be guaranteed removal.

Signet of Wild active should also include the stun break feature. The cast time should still be there to prevent instant burst, but currently the stability doesn’t help too much if it doesn’t break stun.

Sharpening Stone should have it’s CD reduced, or rework the skill entirely so it worth that long CD.

Lightning Reflex should remove soft CC like chill and cripple too, because the current version retreat distance will be greatly hindered by soft CC. Even if you trait for SotF, you’ll still suffer through soft CC first before activate the condition removal, which is just silly and clunky.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Signet of Wild active should also include the stun break feature. The cast time should still be there to prevent instant burst, but currently the stability doesn’t help too much if it doesn’t break stun.

A stun break doesn’t help too much with a 1 second cast time. I’d much rather it be instant cast so you can prevent the stun in the first place.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

A stun break doesn’t help too much with a 1 second cast time. I’d much rather it be instant cast so you can prevent being knocked around in the first place.

in Ranger

Toxsa.2701

A stun break doesn’t help too much with a 1 second cast time. I’d much rather it be instant cast so you can prevent the stun in the first place.

I was thinking of that too, but consider how it’ll set up an instant burst with QS and SotW, I think cast time should still be there. But a QoL of stunbreak still helps.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I don’t know if it makes me a bad player, an unaware player, or just impatient, but I can’t use SotW most of the time because the activation time is so long. Seems like if you’re going to have a short duration stability, you’d want it a little more on-demand. I’d rather just dodge…

in Ranger

Puck.9612

I don’t know if it makes me a bad player, an unaware player, or just impatient, but I can’t use SotW most of the time because the activation time is so long. Seems like if you’re going to have a short duration stability, you’d want it a little more on-demand. I’d rather just dodge…

I use it in my zerg build for a second source of stability to use after RaO runs out. I would love to use it for stomps on my melee build but the cast time is just too long. It would be nice to have access to 1 instant stability but I’d be settle for a half second cast instead of a full second.

As far as making SotW a stun break… I think it would be too strong since it also buffs your damage and speed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I’d prefer not to see anymore bandaid fixes to the pet system, but at the same time would like to system looked at. The more I think about it, it seems to me that ranger was a rush job that could have really used additional development time to truly function as working concept.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I would also like to see a slight range increase on the skill. +80 range maybe?

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I would increase the range or reduce the cast/connection time of Hilt Bash. And maybe shave 2 seconds off from Counterattack if it connects successful hit.

Whirling Defense could be castable in move.
Path of Scars could cripple for 2 seconds.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144