What am I doing wrong?

What am I doing wrong?

in Ranger

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

Q:

Hello fellow rangers!

Right now, I have some problems regarding my ranger, especially in PvP.
I tried a ton of different builds (mainly conditions) and have one big problem – I don’t know why, but I can’t maintain my conditions on the enemys. I can only get a maximum of 10 stacks bleeding on my enemy which are mostly purified after 3 seconds. That’s where I need your help, I’m gonna post my builds and please do me a favour and tell me what I am doing wrong. I’m mostly using axe/dagger and shortbow, but I also tried things like axe/dagger + sword/torch (I don’t know why I should use this combo anyway when I don’t play with crits (bleeding on crits), axe/torch worked better for me this way). sword/torch + shortbow, axe/torch + shortbow. So, everything between shortbows, axes, daggers and torches. Also tried different elites, so don’t focus on rampage as one (put it in every build).

This is the build i played the most, I really liked it but suddenly… no damage at all anymore. (As I satted, I also used axe/torch + shortbow and all the other combinations in every build, when playing with the torch I used the forge-runes instead of earth-runes)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNAV3YjEVZ2RWWWs2Bi2jMJJM9UEL17UMK/XxKpA-TsAg2CrI2RtjbHzOyds7M8Y5xOAA

This is my trap-build, liked it so far, but I felt kinda squishy. (I put the undead-runes in there, but I also tried earth- and forge-runes). “Nature’s protection” also swaped out for “keen edge”.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNAV3YjEV11tVyVs2Bi2jMJJMxeYIH9IXB/XxKpA-TsAAzCpIaS1krJTTymsNNqYVx2DA

And this is the spirit build, It seems to be the best right now, but I feel kinda uncomfortable with it, always speding about 3 secods to summon the spirits when I suddenly get caught in a fight.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNAV3YjEVZ2dVmVs2Bg2jMlEzXhYdPKl0TrYlUA-TsAg2CrI2RtjbHzOyds7M8Y5xOAA

If everything is okay with my builds, there is only one question left, am I just bad?

Thanks in advance for reading trough this whole post and postiong your opinions.

best regards.

P.S.: I also tried different power-builds but that’s not what I want.

(edited by Shirk.6421)

What am I doing wrong?

in Ranger

Posted by: Dhunis.9072

Dhunis.9072

Im gonna talk abot that BM build:

- change quickening zephyr for signet of the wild, sharpening stone for signet of renewal/hunt
- use shortbow as main + sword/torch for evade and burning (start fights with sword/torch to apply burning then swap to SB)
- you can also change sigils for poison on swap
- runes arent bad but Dwayna would probably work better
- transfering 10 points from nature to beastmastery for 3 sec quickness on pet swap might be a good idea. Change pets often.
- use terrain to your advantage

Ranked Arenas a.k.a. the New Hotjoin

(edited by Dhunis.9072)

What am I doing wrong?

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

use sword/torch and sb. u have poison, burning and a little bleeding. the ranger is not about to stack up and upkeep 25 stacks of bleed

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

What am I doing wrong?

in Ranger

Shirk.6421

Ok, thanks both, gonna give this another try, what kind of build would you recommend me?

I’m also corius why the sword works well.

What am I doing wrong?

in Ranger

Posted by: Noobie.1073

Noobie.1073

I noticed that your trap build had no traps on it. I would also go with with a torch unless you’re planning to go S/D instead of A/D for evasive attacks while fighting inside your traps. Shortbow is fine for applied bleeds, you just have to flank quite often.

I Cha Cha I – Mediocre Ranger at best
Mao Xiong – Worst Warrior GW2

What am I doing wrong?

in Ranger

Shirk.6421

Oh, just realised I’ve forgotten to change this, thanks^^