What are Rangers for?

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Exactly what the topic says.

What Rangers offer that other classes don’t? Besides Spirits that are unreliable and Spotter?

What Rangers excel at? It’s not the Ranged damage, it’s not the melee damage, it’s not the burst damage nor DPS… Not the healing, neither support power.

Am I missing something?

“Observe, learn and counter.”

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

All around kitten whooping … if you know what to do.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ariete.6509

Ariete.6509

You’re missing the guides, the videos, general tips from the community.

In the end if you really got to ask, just reroll and make peace with it.

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

Exactly what the topic says.

What Rangers offer that other classes don’t? Besides Spirits that are unreliable and Spotter?

What Rangers excel at? It’s not the Ranged damage, it’s not the melee damage, it’s not the burst damage nor DPS… Not the healing, neither support power.

Am I missing something?

What do you play? PvP, WvW, PvE, Fractals/Dungeons? Me and my friends have had plenty of success (and fun) playing rangers.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

@Ariete

hm, I never thought of it that way, honestly, that’s a good point, if u have to ask, OP, you might be better off rerolling a different class

we can tell you anything lol, ranger is good at this… ranger is good at that… but if you, right off the bat, are questioning if the class is good at anything at all, then I don’t really think its for u…

I mean, don’t get me wrong, im not trying to discourage you from playing ranger, but you might have more fun with another class… just sayin.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Sounds like a loaded question OP.

You acknowledged they do in fact bring some unique stuff to the table – Spirits and spotter, but quickly dismissed them looking for something more standout than that.

Beyond those two low hanging fruit, you need to refine your question as it’s quite a list.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Just a heads up…. We do outperform other professions on ranged damage, by quite a bit…. 2.5k LB autos against heavy golems in sPvP + w/e damage my pet will do (varies on what I bring) so if I go ALL OUT damage with pet that’ll probably be like 5k or so total just from autoing without popping a thing…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I think everyone collectively answered it. It’s all of the above. No it’s not the ranged damage, it’s not the melee damage, it’s not the burst damage nor DPS… Not the healing, neither support power. But kitten rangers bring all of those anyway.

PvP wise, if I had to pick a single defining feature about rangers, it would be the elusiveness through CC and evades. (Although the meta may prove me wrong since we are most famous for party support.)

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Posted by: Oak da Vite.9054

Oak da Vite.9054

Well, a ranger does not bring one thing. I think it is always the combination of things you bring that makes the ranger strong. That is why he is so good for small groups. There he can fill out multiple roles. This gives more flexibility to the other team members. In larger groups these combinations are not so much required as there is someone that can do one of the things supposedly better than you.
What you can bring then is quite situational and not needed in standard setup. But if you do well in larger groups you are no burden for your team while bringing in the extra bit for occasional situations that helps your team to win a fight.

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Well, a ranger does not bring one thing. I think it is always the combination of things you bring that makes the ranger strong. That is why he is so good for small groups. There he can fill out multiple roles. This gives more flexibility to the other team members.

This answer probably helped me the most. Thx.

Well, I was just wandering. Because while Rangers excel at Ranged damage, elementalists can disagree. It all depends on the situation. But the problem is that every time I pick out my Longbow, a huge disaster of flame, blame and rage comes out.

Rangers are not welcome in PvP, PvE, and some of the Commanders don’t want them in WvW, either. It took me 3 weeks to find a tPvP team, because 7 of them just turned me down for being Ranger. This one I’m having is fine and smooth working, surprisingly.

The point is – that people don’t like Rangers, and I can feel the reason why. We have practically nothing to bring. We can bring this and that, but how can Spotter and Frost Spirit compare to the burst and might stacks an elementalist can bring? Not to mention that elementalists don’t have buggy pets that can screw the whole dungeon run.

I’ve been playing Ranger-like classes in other games for 8 years now, but I thought I’m missing something here in Guild Wars. So the answer is that we don’t excel at anything – we bring a little tiny bit of everything. Thanks for all your replies, even though most of them didn’t help that much =D

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

They can compare in that the might an elementalist gives is capped at 25 stacks every might more is wasted, spotter and frost spirit an both be added when them team already has 25 might, fury und enemy 25 vulnerability.
And if your pet screws up dungeon runs you are doing things badly wrong.

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Oak da Vite.9054

And those might stacks can be brought by a ranger as well, but if you use a torch you maybe miss something else. And well, the bow is often one of the worst things a ranger could bring. With it it is hard to find a harmony within the team. But that also depends on the team composition, the player skill and the aim of the group.

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

There is one thing the Ranger excels at that no other class has:
Longbow + Eagle Eye = longest range attack in the game.
+ Read the Wind = it also won’t miss.

This works best in WvW and PvE open world(especially world bosses), but no group in any game mode (PvE, sPvP, WvW) will ask you for it.

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Oak da Vite.9054

This works best in WvW and PvE open world(especially world bosses), but no group in any game mode (PvE, sPvP, WvW) will ask you for it.

As the others from your team will have to take more damage. That is why people hate rangers. Because of their egoistic gameplay. Sorry this was not directed at you personnaly but I hate the attitude of: “As long as I don’t die I am not bad….”

Rangers can really make a good job for the team. They can eat damage and regenerate it away or absorb it by pet swap. That is what they should be feared for and not for stacking up world events or taking away a place on the map while doing only medicore damage from max range.

Please, always think about the game mechanics and your teammates as well. If you want to do worldbosses from max range do it in ranger only events. Otherwise I would suggest you to cooperate not to be a burden for the team.

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]

(edited by Oak da Vite.9054)

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

I more like to think we’re heated because we’re just crap and “stealing a slot from any other class player”;
Basicly it’s not being egoistic. We do what we can, a minimal acceptable.

What role a non-supporter Ranger would take? Neutralize special threads like Thief, or any other guy who means trouble. A guardian, for example. Do we have stats for it?
No… And that little we have just worth nothing against these guys. Spend your Entangle elite skill and it’s over in the moment of cast.

If someone plays a more supporter-like style, that is his own choice, also not really working in WWW, and only on a full-build for Dungeons.

Are any other class forced to “sustain” damage? No.
Are they better because of it? H3ll yeah!!
Even Necros can spike serious damage, why not us?!

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Posted by: Lace.9472

Lace.9472

What are rangers for?

An easy mode for world exploration and leveling.

So bots, rangers are for bots.

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

Please, always think about the game mechanics and your teammates as well. If you want to do worldbosses from max range do it in ranger only events. Otherwise I would suggest you to cooperate not to be a burden for the team.

Yeah don’t use bows! They’re like the apple for Eve. ANet gave us the weapon as temptation but you have to resist! Or so they say…

It’s very amusing to read how people say that the ranger is good, but in the same breath they say that you shouldn’t use bows. Ever. And if your pet dies it’s your fault. Yours alone.

(edited by HHR LostProphet.4801)

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

As the others from your team will have to take more damage. That is why people hate rangers. Because of their egoistic gameplay. Sorry this was not directed at you personnaly but I hate the attitude of: “As long as I don’t die I am not bad….”

Rangers can really make a good job for the team. They can eat damage and regenerate it away or absorb it by pet swap. That is what they should be feared for and not for stacking up world events or taking away a place on the map while doing only medicore damage from max range.

Your logic is painful… How does us using LB from 1500 range make you take more damage? If you’re saying that now there’s 4 bodies up there instead of 5, you’d be wrong because our pet would be up there with all of you taking some hits and drawing some agro too.

And if you’re dying from standing in AoE, that’s not OUR fault for not being up there with our pet to absorb hits for you being a dumb kitten . And last i checked, dealing 3k Autos + w/e the pet is dealing (varies) at 0 might, 0 vuln 0 CDs is nothing to scoff at damage wise.

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

How does us using LB from 1500 range make you take more damage?

Think duoing Lupi, just because it’s a really simple example. His kicks will 1-hit anyone. If both players are up there, they both have an opportunity to get kicked. If either one messes up there is a chance the kick is directed at the player that didn’t mess up and no one is downed. If the player that messes up gets downed, the other is there to quickly rez him.

If 1 player is melee and 1 ranged, the melee player gets all the kicks. He can never mess up because not only will he for sure eat the kick, the ranged character also can’t quickly rez him.

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

PvE: Brings frost spirit for extra party dmg, can have either 50% or 100% fury uptime for the whole party, brings spotter for extra crit chance. 2 fire fields on low cooldowns, longest water field ingame, party buffs and heals from pets. With the right tricks you can stack on yourself 15-20might stacks for a fight, and of course fury for the party. Ranged damage is also very good, and you have a free high dmg pull with axe offhand. So pve ranger isn’t as kittenome think. And i almost forgot, lots of vulnerability application.

PvP: Not very experienced with the ranger on pvp, but ill write what comes to mind..Torch gives good fire uptime, axe is perma weakness(and perma freeze?), sword/dagger lots of evades with low cooldowns, 3 useful elites, has lots of regens, every healing skill is good, with the patch we got more active condi removal, and lots of poison..oh lots and lots of protection too..and an invulnerability skill if traited right..I also find bark skin very useful when not fighting condi opponents. And of course spirit rangers and trap rangers, both useful in tpvp.

TL;DR : READ THE BOLD

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Think duoing Lupi, just because it’s a really simple example. His kicks will 1-hit anyone. If both players are up there, they both have an opportunity to get kicked. If either one messes up there is a chance the kick is directed at the player that didn’t mess up and no one is downed. If the player that messes up gets downed, the other is there to quickly rez him.

If 1 player is melee and 1 ranged, the melee player gets all the kicks. He can never mess up because not only will he for sure eat the kick, the ranged character also can’t quickly rez him.

As I said, there is also a love able pet in Melee range making that argument null and void, Lupi doesn’t prioritize his kicks at players and will just as easily kick poor little Mittens in the face just as often as he’d kick xxXZerker Deeps From the FloorXxx.

Your argument may work for getting warriors and thieves and every other prof other than maybe Mesmer to stay in Melee range, but it doesn’t work for ranger due to our mechanic.

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Your pet only eats a single Lupi kick. With one player at range especially, that is an extremely small percentage of the fight.

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Your pet only eats a single Lupi kick. With one player at range especially, that is an extremely small percentage of the fight.

If it gets kicked at all, and if you’re not running a drake/bear/boar to help soak up the damage for your team. And you’d actually get 2 kicks to be soaked up rather than 1, and assuming the fight is over in 60s so you don’t get a 3rd kick, that’s more than enough to prevent your teammates from missing your presence.

Also, if your team is so incompetent they truly can’t handle the fight without you in Melee range it’s not like you can’t just weapon swap for that fight, finish it in Melee, and then swap back.

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

For that fight in particular, you do not want a mix of people meleeing and ranging. It just causes problems for everyone involved and makes Lupicus use all of his attacks.

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Dear forum user.

Dungeons was never intended to be solo’d, it was intended to be a 5 man group effort.

If you fail to do it with two people, then the dungeon difficulty itself is working as intended.

Sincerely yours, a actual player.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

As I stated, the example was for simplicity.

Edit: Although ironically the single melee player can relatively easily solo it, while a range player in the background is going to cause problems.

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Bring more lootbags
/15charr

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

warriorjrd.8695

Dear forum user.

Dungeons was never intended to be solo’d, it was intended to be a 5 man group effort.

If you fail to do it with two people, then the dungeon difficulty itself is working as intended.

Wait you mean I cant solo the dungeon in 5 minutes using OP bear bow ranger? WAT!? I quit, I reroll tetris, this game sux.

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Well, a ranger does not bring one thing. I think it is always the combination of things you bring that makes the ranger strong. That is why he is so good for small groups. There he can fill out multiple roles. This gives more flexibility to the other team members.

This answer probably helped me the most. Thx.

Well, I was just wandering. Because while Rangers excel at Ranged damage, elementalists can disagree. It all depends on the situation. But the problem is that every time I pick out my Longbow, a huge disaster of flame, blame and rage comes out.

Rangers are not welcome in PvP, PvE, and some of the Commanders don’t want them in WvW, either. It took me 3 weeks to find a tPvP team, because 7 of them just turned me down for being Ranger. This one I’m having is fine and smooth working, surprisingly.

The point is – that people don’t like Rangers, and I can feel the reason why. We have practically nothing to bring. We can bring this and that, but how can Spotter and Frost Spirit compare to the burst and might stacks an elementalist can bring? Not to mention that elementalists don’t have buggy pets that can screw the whole dungeon run.

I’ve been playing Ranger-like classes in other games for 8 years now, but I thought I’m missing something here in Guild Wars. So the answer is that we don’t excel at anything – we bring a little tiny bit of everything. Thanks for all your replies, even though most of them didn’t help that much =D

If you’re using spotter, frost spirit, and longbow in tPvP I can see why they don’t want you.

You’re bringing two buffs that people don’t really want, and you’re standing out of range to even provide them.

Try using stone spirit, sun spirit, and shotbow, a/d, or s/t so that you are in range of your allies.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

LOL spotter and frost spirit in tournies… lol. lol. sry, that’s lol.

no wonder it took u 3 weeks to find a tpvp team xD

it takes 5 minutes at most for the rest of us

why would u be running spotter and frost spirit in tournies? that makes no sense

if u want spirit to survive long enough as to where the buff actually makes a bit of a difference, it has to be off point, but u have to be on point to win, and that’s out of range of the spirit

spotter is O.K. but ur better off just going condi lol

lb too… if u go full zerk, might as well have a thief take ur spot, if ur going hybrid, ur weighing ur team down instead of having a more useful build/class, and I don’t think lb is good for fighting on point xD

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

warriorjrd.8695

Idk why everybody is still arguing, I though I summed it up quite nicely. =p

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Just a heads up…. We do outperform other professions on ranged damage, by quite a bit…. 2.5k LB autos against heavy golems in sPvP + w/e damage my pet will do (varies on what I bring) so if I go ALL OUT damage with pet that’ll probably be like 5k or so total just from autoing without popping a thing…

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dual_Shot
Damage (2x): 212 (0.66)

vs
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Long_Range_Shot
1000+ range: 317 (0.9)?
Damage 500-1000 range: 263 (0.65)
Damage 0-500 range: 211 (0.5)

Yeah…

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

vs

Yeah…

Up close the warrior autoattack wins, at long range the ranger autoattack wins. Warrior LB is really more of a close range, condi support weapon. The ranger LB is either extreme long range, power weapon or an up close, almost pure (self) support weapon.

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

well, I doubt ur gonna be staying at 1200+ range the entire fight… so warrior lb wins in the grand scheme of things (longer fights)

I mean, it’s good for starting a fight with a 9k aa from lb lol, that’s half their health gone right there, and another aa and rapid fire (with or without qz) can usually finish the job

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

well, I doubt ur gonna be staying at 1200+ range the entire fight… so warrior lb wins in the grand scheme of things (longer fights)

I mean, it’s good for starting a fight with a 9k aa from lb lol, that’s half their health gone right there, and another aa and rapid fire (with or without qz) can usually finish the job

If the warrior is using his LB the entire fight, you’ve already won.

But I actually think that unintuitive synergy between close and long range LB skills is why it’s an effective weapon in WvW. Long range it shaves health off, short range it supplements your melee.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

If the warrior is using his LB the entire fight, you’ve already won.

But I actually think that unintuitive synergy between close and long range LB skills is why it’s an effective weapon in WvW. Long range it shaves health off, short range it supplements your melee.

No, you will loose this fight. Even with berserker, scholars, and damage runes. Decent warrior will squash you every time. You need to get in his face and beat the snot out of him. But with berserker he with clobber you in seconds with swords. You’ll need a better build for this kind of warrior in tpvp, spvp or WvW.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

(edited by Archon.6480)

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Archon.6480

Dear forum user.

Wait you mean I cant solo the dungeon in 5 minutes using OP bear bow ranger? WAT!? I quit, I reroll tetris, this game sux.

You’re nicer than me. I’ve resorted to name calling forum user Fluffinutter. :-( I am taking this too seriously!

Jade Quarry – Esparie

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

No, you will loose this fight. Even with berserker, scholars, and damage runes. Decent warrior will squash you every time. You need to get in his face and beat the snot out of him. But with berserker he with clobber you in seconds with swords. You’ll need a better build for this kind of warrior in tpvp, spvp or WvW.

What the hell are you talking about? I didn’t mention any builds or strategies or anything of the sort. A warrior using only a LB is not using warrior to a high potential. Do you disagree with that?

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

^This is the problem with some ranger weapons (sword, shortbow, longbow). As soon as we do something else besides autoattack, our DPS drops.

Sure you might slide in a few extra things but you’ll still be autoattacking for highest DPS.

Pop signets? Autoattack
Pop spirits? Autoattack
Swap pets? Autoattack
F2? Autoattack

Besides running GS, or condition axe/dagger/torch/sword setup, autoattack is the way to go for rangers if you want to kill anything. I’m not saying rangers are weak, but the way the class works…

To answer your question (@Tragic Positive):
What are rangers for? Autoattacking.
What do ranger excel at? Autoattacking.

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Besides running GS, or condition axe/dagger/torch/sword setup, autoattack is the way to go for rangers if you want to kill anything. I’m not saying rangers are weak, but the way the class works…

This is by any means the best answer I ever got =D And it meets all my opinions. Thank you sir. +1

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

vs

Yeah…

I hope you realize that when it says x2 that it means that damage is made up of 2 hits, IE: both hits would deal ~106 damage for the warrior…

All you’re showing is that the warrior auto attack is outperformed at nearly all ranges by the ranger LB…

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

^This is the problem with some ranger weapons (sword, shortbow, longbow). As soon as we do something else besides autoattack, our DPS drops.

Sure you might slide in a few extra things but you’ll still be autoattacking for highest DPS.

Pop signets? Autoattack
Pop spirits? Autoattack
Swap pets? Autoattack
F2? Autoattack

It’s because we’re “Kings of Sustain” we deal all our damage over time instead up all frontloaded/backloaded like most other damage specs. And for LB rapid fire isn’t a DPS loss due to the vuln so long as they’re either 1) not at max range, or 2) you’re capable of staying at max range after using the rapid fire (IE they’re not closing the gap on you as you’re using it).

Also, our 3-5 skills are normally to give us more utility, normally in a defensive fashion to help us stay alive and whittle you down. That’s why every single one are defensive, we either have an evade, a cripple, a block, or an interrupt.

There’s nothing wrong with Autoing being our best damage when we need to utilize our other abilities in order to allow us to keep autoing.

(edited by Durzlla.6295)

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

kiwituatara.6053

Pop signets? Autoattack
Pop spirits? Autoattack
Swap pets? Autoattack
F2? Autoattack

It’s because we’re “Kings of Sustain” we deal all our damage over time instead up all frontloaded/backloaded like most other damage specs. And for LB rapid fire isn’t a DPS loss due to the vuln so long as they’re either 1) not at max range, or 2) you’re capable of staying at max range after using the rapid fire (IE they’re not closing the gap on you as you’re using it).

Also, our 3-5 skills are normally to give us more utility, normally in a defensive fashion to help us stay alive and whittle you down. That’s why every single one are defensive, we either have an evade, a cripple, a block, or an interrupt.

There’s nothing wrong with Autoing being our best damage when we need to utilize our other abilities in order to allow us to keep autoing.

I’d love it if Anet gives us some sort of aoe autoattack like guardians staff q_q

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Posted by: Slowpoke.2749

Slowpoke.2749

What Rangers offer that other classes don’t?

Entertainment. Whenever RNG is cruel, an event fails or a tower is lost people can crack jokes at this class’ expense to ease the tension. We can also name our pets in accordance to that to elicit a few chuckles. Recommended names: Bait, Useless, ImAlwaysDead, PetSwapIsOnCD and AnetWillNeverFixMe.

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

What Rangers offer that other classes don’t?

Entertainment. Whenever RNG is cruel, an event fails or a tower is lost people can crack jokes at this class’ expense to ease the tension. We can also name our pets in accordance to that to elicit a few chuckles. Recommended names: Bait, Useless, ImAlwaysDead, PetSwapIsOnCD and AnetWillNeverFixMe.

Pretty much this

I used to main ranger. Wish i didnt spend gems on expanding his inventory now….
Switched to Ele and haven’t looked back since…. in all honestly every other class is in a MUCH better spot than Rangers are…. I really wish I could like my ranger again, but jeez everything is just so much better. I feel like I’m actually contributing to my party if I build that way as an Ele, and I do SO MUCH better DPS than crappy rangers and their dead pets.

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Pop signets? Autoattack
Pop spirits? Autoattack
Swap pets? Autoattack
F2? Autoattack

I’d love it if Anet gives us some sort of aoe autoattack like guardians staff q_q

but they did, its called GS AA. Don’t believe it? believe it!!

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

warriorjrd.8695

Pop signets? Autoattack
Pop spirits? Autoattack
Swap pets? Autoattack
F2? Autoattack

GS AA is nice, but a cleave is nothing like a 600 range 5 man attack.

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Archon.6480

What the hell are you talking about? I didn’t mention any builds or strategies or anything of the sort. A warrior using only a LB is not using warrior to a high potential. Do you disagree with that?

I am talking about ranger besting warrior in PvP with LB. Go to the PvP forum or warrior forum and post that rubbish. Anyone who plays PvP a little knows that is not true.

Jade Quarry – Esparie

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

kiwituatara.6053

Pop signets? Autoattack
Pop spirits? Autoattack
Swap pets? Autoattack
F2? Autoattack

I’m not an idiot. GS is a cleave.

What are Rangers for?

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I am talking about ranger besting warrior in PvP with LB. Go to the PvP forum or warrior forum and post that rubbish. Anyone who plays PvP a little knows that is not true.

Maybe if you’re a bad ranger… If you’re running LB + GS you should be able to handle warriors, it won’t be an EASY fight, but it’s doable, even against good warriors. It’s even easier if you’re using RaO or have a signet build and have access to SotW or other stability.

And if you can’t keep the warrior off you long enough to get a few of your max range shots… you’re a bad ranger and need to learn how to use your skills.