What can I play similar to a ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Lyndis.2584

Lyndis.2584

I really loved the ranger playstyle, really did. I played all the way from a bunker spirit build all the way to a trapper as well as a glass cannon longbow build. But it’s becoming painfully evident from not only the patch notes, but also the attention given to the ranger class in general, that it’s never really going to be on par with any of the other classes out there. I had hopes for this patch, really did. But the wait is over for me. Just compare the ranger patch notes to something like the engineers – two classes that needed equally the same love, yet it’s extremely obvious who is being completely ignored and who is being fixed.

So it’s time to move on. I’m looking for something that has the feel of a ranger to it, in terms of dueling and ranged DPS. Perhaps a thief for the duelist gameplay? What can match the ranged DPS play of a ranger involving longbow range style gameplay?

.:: FaTe ~ [SoS] ::.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Maybe the warrior, their rifle seems to kick our kitten 14k hits etc. They don’t have the same range although it is close. And their spirits can be moved and can not be killed er I mean their banners.

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

If your plan is PvP, Warrior would be a very bad idea. And while the warrior does a better job at being a ranger from a damage standpoint, I will admit that the Ranger is more fun to play.

If you want mobile gameplay with effective PvP I strongly suggest a Thief over the Warrior. Much better damage, great mobility, better melee options, and a lot of overlap between abilities and traits with the ranger class. PvE on a Thief is an absolute pain though. Especially having to wait so long to get the movement signet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

If you like trap ranger, check out necros.

If you like high (combat) mobility and want a class that is in a really solid spot, check out mesmer. However, if you try mesmer, just bear in mind that they’re kind of slow going leveling up until about level 40ish.