What constitutes a Killing Blow?

in Ranger

Posted by: Carnius Magius.8091

Carnius Magius.8091

My Torch Master has been stuck at 497 what seems like forever. I use sword/torch combo mostly.

in Ranger

Posted by: Carnius Magius.8091

Carnius Magius.8091

I got it now. One hit kills. Torching ambient creatures started the counter going again. I’ve been using a bow mostly to kill the little critters for the Daily since it’s fast and requires no skill recharge time.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Actually if the torch, or anything caused by the torch (IE burning) kills the enemy it’ll count as a “torch kill” it’s pretty easy to tell when you kill something via torch because the mob will use its “burning to death” animation.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Basically, you must use a skill from the weapon to land the blow that kills the enemy. I’m not certain if a creature dying from condition damage inflicted by the weapon counts.

As you figured out though, the easiest way to progress the achievement is just by slaughtering critters with your weapon, since they always die in a single hit.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Basically, you must use a skill from the weapon to land the blow that kills the enemy. I’m not certain if a creature dying from condition damage inflicted by the weapon counts.

As you figured out though, the easiest way to progress the achievement is just by slaughtering critters with your weapon, since they always die in a single hit.

It depends on the weapon and skill whether it counts if the condition kills it or not, i know my eles focus will count as staff kills if a condition kills them, but i know my rangers dagger and torch skills will count if you kill them with the condition (assuming you’re not applying the same condition with anything else IE you aren’t running torch and flame trap)

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna