What do we know of upcoming ranger changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadowbane.7109

Shadowbane.7109

Have the devs said anything? I know we got a few fixes and changes (3-4 of them) in a recent patch. Also the utility of rangers is a bit weird. They tried to cover all of the ranger stereotypes yet we have signets that could have been replaced with toggled skills that give us camouflage, eagle vision type tracking, having the ability to use plants (herbalism) or hide in trees. Are we stuck with a ranger like this? I guess we have to wait for the last big patch…

Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling…makes no difference.
The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred.
If I’m to choose between one evil and another, I’d rather not choose at all.

in Ranger

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

We’re getting a combo field on viper’s nest (terrible idea, combo fields overwrite one another, and poison is a kittenty one compared to fire and ice) and keen edge will now be affected by Wilderness Knowledge. The latter was edited in at a later time, don’t hold your breath for anything decent for rangers. Marksmanship is already an overcrowded line, and Sharpening Stone is so hideously bad if I saw a Ranger using it I would feel genuinely bad for them.

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

we know that they wont be significant enough to make the profession interesting in any way whatsoever. JP has been talking of potential buffs to GS and sword evades, which would make some difference toward survivability of my immobilize build. problem is, ranger bows remain crap and any builds with decent survivability do no damage. the only abilities that do DECENT damage in dps builds with little to no survivability are maul, path of scars, barrage and LB 1 single target spam.

i wish they would put in cool stuff like untargetable wisps instead of stupid little trees to remove petting zoo, and bird vision for scouting in WvW. ranger does not feel like ranger, gg.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

We’re getting a combo field on viper’s nest (terrible idea, combo fields overwrite one another, and poison is a kittenty one compared to fire and ice)

Combo fields don’t overwrite. The oldest one always takes precedence. As long as you drop viper’s nest after flame or frost trap, you’ll still be good. (I’m not sure what happens when the traps are laid on top of each other, and an enemy triggers them simultaneously.)

Guardians are just annoying with their light field because they’re putting down a new one every few seconds, meaning it’s highly likely your field is being put down after theirs.

Spike trap really needs to be changed to make a cripple field though. Like those vines just outside the Temple of Melandru, or in the Sylvari new character intro. Right now it’s basically a DD, or time-delayed DD.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Big changes are coming to the Ranger class. I can see it now!

• Tool-tip damage corrections
  • Tool-tip grammar corrections
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to select and create the Ranger profession
  • Added a feature that now allows Rangers to be kicked from parties without a second vote – other professions will still require a second vote to be removed from the party
PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

Big changes are coming to the Ranger class. I can see it now!

• Tool-tip damage corrections
  • Tool-tip grammar corrections
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to select and create the Ranger profession
  • Added a feature that now allows Rangers to be kicked from parties without a second vote – other professions will still require a second vote to be removed from the party

10/10 laughed IRL

Completely agree. We are a mess.