in Ranger

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

What do you think about this build?

in Ranger

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

wow, this is totally new!
so new that it totally deserves it’s own thread instead of posting it in the sticky

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

in Ranger

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

wow, this is totally new!
so new that it totally deserves it’s own thread instead of posting it in the sticky

Just looking to see if It’s any good… Sorry…?

in Ranger

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Possible remove the 5 from wilderness and beast master and put the ten points in natures magic to get the regen lasts %33 longer trait since it looks like you are using trolls ungent.

Could be wrong although its what I would do. Hope you have a blast regardless.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

Mind talking us through what we’re looking at here? How do you use this build in typical combat, why do you choose the skills/weapons you do?

It’s quite hard to really form a decent picture of what this build does just looking at the build page. I see you’re running a lot of signets, but no traits to enhance them. I also notice your elite is the short ranged Entangle yet you are using sb and lb traited for extra range. Also what pets are you using and why?

And Aeri, nobody gets any critique in the sticky. Also I don’t think space is a premium on a forum so another thread is hardly doing any harm. Maybe you should be a little less of a sarcastic kitten to someone just looking for some honest feedback.

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

in Ranger

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

Well, I wouldn’t consider this as any strong build, but it’s your choice…
Here’s what needs to be changed:
Drop healing power since your ONLY healing source is #6 Heal skill (no regen signet/regeneration/30 in BM). It’s waste of 500 points which could be spend for something else.
Poor condi removal (but it’s same with most build not including 30 in WS).
Agility training is waste along with signet (only 5% speed boost which is almost nothing). I’d rather go for bleed on crit or pet heals on criti.
Low mobility – rather low survivability. You won’t be able to get away from enemies, neither deffend yourself when they are already on you. That’s the hugest cons with SB/LB. While it’s “fine” for zerging or some dungeons (well, wherever it’s about damage), it’s not for any smaller group. In this case you might say ‘’Ye, but i have 2900armor" – so i will interupt and say it won’t save you once someone skilled with decent damage is focusing you.

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

in Ranger

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Possible remove the 5 from wilderness and beast master and put the ten points in natures magic to get the regen lasts %33 longer trait since it looks like you are using trolls ungent.

Regen duration doesn’t apply to troll unguent ;(

As for the build, looks to be a standard glass cannon combo with the only thing different being toughness instead of crit damage +. While this might save you a little from being beat up by big, bad, warriors, you really hurt yourself in the power/prec combo by not traiting for more crit damage +.

Basically, precision ties into power/crit damage + or condition damage with a ranger. If you have power but no condition damage or crit damage +, then you are wasting precision. I’ll spare people reading this the finer details, but at high precision, your potential for damage through crits skyrockets. By not gearing for the crits, you are missing out on a large part of the potential damage. The same goes for conditions since rangers are so effective at applying conditions through crits.

My honest thoughts and suggestions – look into trapper builds. They are really good in WvW and would fit your playstyle much more than bunker builds (my personal preference).

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

(edited by Faux Sheaux.6179)

in Ranger

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Seems I was wrong again lol. Wont be the last time either sadly. Thank you Faux Sheaux for letting me know…it actually makes me sad since that it does not work.

in Ranger

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Seems I was wrong again lol. Wont be the last time either sadly. Thank you Faux Sheaux for letting me know…it actually makes me sad since that it does not work.

Sure thing lol. It’d be so OP if it did work.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

To further expound on this, it’s because Troll Unguent is a unique buff, and not a regeneration boon.

@topic

We need more info about your build, as it is quite unique. How are you planning on playing with this setup? What pets will you be using?

Personally, I find it a waste to go 30 deep into a tree and not pick up any grand master traits

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Posted by: Diak Atoli.2085

Diak Atoli.2085

Personally, I find it a waste to go 30 deep into a tree and not pick up any grand master traits

If the master traits are worth 30 points, and worth more than the grandmaster traits…

From the looks of what’s posted, it’s like a glass cannon sniper build. On that vein, I’d drop those 5 points in Beastmastery, put them into Wilderness Survival, and grab the Wilderness Knowledge trait. Since you’re not traiting for signets, Lightning Reflexes and Quickening Zephyr would be better choices.

Another assumption is that you’re using felines, since you’re using Pet’s Prowess. If not, I’d strongly recommend it.

It helps a lot if you expound on the build and tell us what you’re using, and how it’s being used.

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Agree ^^^

PvE …dungeons …pvp..WvW

What you plan on doing makes a big difference.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.