What has been fixed for Rangers since Dec.?

in Ranger

Posted by: Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

Can anyone give me an update if they fixed any Ranger issues at all since the Shortbow nerf… i mean adjustment?

1. F2 responsiveness.
2. Pet AoE survivability.
3. Pet AI.
4. 40ms shortbow nerf explanation or rollback?
5. DPS on longbow so that other longbow classes can stop laughing at us.
6. BM traits are scattered everywhere instead of the BM tree.
7. ‘obstructed’ error with bows.
8. Horn random auto-attack
9. Lick Wounds working only 50% of the time
10. All the bugs of Entangle

If nothing has been done i check back in 6 months. But more likely never since it’s been 8 months + beta and if all these issues have been ignored for this long i doubt they ever get fixed.

Cheers | Skyrant Kangaroomouse

“The DR System is not restricting players, it just here to help them realize how they want to play!”

(edited by Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458)

in Ranger

Posted by: iitwinz.1420

iitwinz.1420

They’re not ignored issues, people seem to forget that fixing these issues isn’t something simple that takes a minute to do. Intense testing is required and one adjustment has to be done throughout a variety of circumstances including maps, actions, motion, etc…

So please, I know you’re not going to actually recheck back in 6 months, the time period is just too long and humans are just too curious.

Server: Sea of Sorrows
IGN: Recommend -lvl 80 Ranger
Guild: Professors [PROF]

in Ranger

They’re not ignored issues, people seem to forget that fixing these issues isn’t something simple that takes a minute to do. Intense testing is required and one adjustment has to be done throughout a variety of circumstances including maps, actions, motion, etc…

So please, I know you’re not going to actually recheck back in 6 months, the time period is just too long and humans are just too curious.

So you are saying they have not fixed even ONE of these bugs?

By your logic, it has been more than 8 months to fix JUST ONE of these bugs because its so complicated and requires so much work. That means it will take them more than 80 months to fix them all?

What would make me think that they will fix ONE from this list within the next 8 months? Right, nothing! So you are absolutely on the spot! I will not check back in 6 months, i will just take my refund and leave end of the month.

Cheers | Skyrant Kangaromouse

“The DR System is not restricting players, it just here to help them realize how they want to play!”

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

entangle now scales appropriately with condition damage. a lot of people, myself included, find this elite effective especially on the reduced 2 min CD. SB and LB projectiles got a 30% velocity boost. Sb is great now, Lb continues to blow. minor improvements to pets hitting targets while moving. f2 still bad. thats about it.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Ranger

Posted by: iitwinz.1420

iitwinz.1420

So you are saying they have not fixed even ONE of these bugs?

By your logic, it has been more than 8 months to fix JUST ONE of these bugs because its so complicated and requires so much work. That means it will take them more than 80 months to fix them all?

What would make me think that they will fix ONE from this list within the next 8 months? Right, nothing! So you are absolutely on the spot! I will not check back in 6 months, i will just take my refund and leave end of the month.

Cheers | Skyrant Kangaromouse

Nowhere did I mention that it takes over 8 months to fix one bug, if anything, I was completely disagreeing with you.

Anyway I’ll go on topic

2. Pet Aoe Survivability – This just requires more careful pet management, even if it does require more work. I’m sure if you’re bombarded with aoe’s you would die as well
7. Obstructed bugs only arose probably 2 months after beta and yes it’s quite annoying but it wasn’t something from the beginning. It appears to happen to other ranged weapons such as Guardian’s sceptre I think it was
8. I don’t know about the horn auto attack, can you add a description please
10. Entangle seems to work fine now imo

Server: Sea of Sorrows
IGN: Recommend -lvl 80 Ranger
Guild: Professors [PROF]

in Ranger

entangle now scales appropriately with condition damage. a lot of people, myself included, find this elite effective especially on the reduced 2 min CD. SB and LB projectiles got a 30% velocity boost. Sb is great now, Lb continues to blow. minor improvements to pets hitting targets while moving. f2 still bad. thats about it.

Thanks, sounds like i might give it a few hours this weekend to test. Still not enough to make me come back full time with all the other issues the game has.

in Ranger

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

Honest answers

1. F2 responsiveness. – Still kitten.
2. Pet AoE survivability. – Pet management helps bla bla bla. Bull Crap Try to manage your pet in WvW fight 30 Vs 30.
3. Pet AI. – They are still uber stupid. Its a bit better though against an experienced player 1v1 usually ends up with my Pet running in circles.
4. 40ms short bow nerf explanation or rollback? – much better, still kitten dmg
5. DPS on longbow so that other longbow classes can stop laughing at us. – Warrior laughs on us rolling on the floor and still do more dmg. ( its a joke while he is wearing heavy armor and does more dmg with OUR weapon)
6. BM traits are scattered everywhere instead of the BM tree. – BM traits only for bunker build
7. ‘obstructed’ error with bows. – short bow better, longbow well if its better still slightly
8. Horn random auto-attack – never experienced before
9. Lick Wounds working only 50% of the time – less than 50%
10. All the bugs of Entangle – Entangle got some good improvement though it has a so kittenlong animation that only a kitten player not dodging it, unless we are in Culling v Culling v Culling which got an “improvement” in last patch that made whole enemy group invisible without mesmers, and the fact that sometimes you are not even able to see your own group mates.

Overall we are still suffering. 2 viable build, lower dps than a Warrior does with fist.

BR Gabe

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

(edited by gaborkaldy.3210)

in Ranger

Posted by: khadorian.6417

khadorian.6417

plenty of viable ways to build, its not all about who does most damage, its about whos left standing.

<a href="http://tinyurl.com/bmj3ann">My WvW Necro power build</a>

in Ranger

Posted by: Aegis.9724

Aegis.9724

With the “horn autoattack” i think he means the fact that, if you use horn 5 with an enemy nearby and autotargeting, you automatically aggro that enemy and start attacking it.

Its a buff but considered “attack” by the game.

Most of the issues are still there, except a projectile speed, pet attack (hardly noticeable) and entangle buff .
On the good side we are now kings of underwater combat….thats……something, right?

(edited by Aegis.9724)

in Ranger

plenty of viable ways to build, its not all about who does most damage, its about whos left standing.

Not interested in builds. I am interested if the game i paid for has the functionality it advertised and is playable without major bugs ruining my fun.

Thanks for the detailed info everyone. I shall take a look myself but this does not sound good so far. To be honest, i don’t really feel the urge to play any more. I bet the economy is complete kitten up also.

in Ranger

khadorian.6417

To be fair, most of your post is not about broken functionality, its maybe not optimal but stil doable.
The F2 is the only really big issue for me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

If you mean 2 by plenty, then you’re right.

And no, the only thing they somehow managed is the obstructed thing. I’m having no problems. But that’s for projectiles in general, not ranger specific. The velocity increase isn’t a buff either because warriors got it too, paired with 10% more damage because they obviously don’t have enough.

So yeah, it’s still kitten.

in Ranger

khadorian.6417

Just move on to another class if you dont like it, I think its the best way to show your disappointment.

All I can say is that more than 2 specifik trait, armor, pet and rune choises work for me.

in Ranger

Just move on to another class if you dont like it, I think its the best way to show your disappointment.

Are you serious? Leveling another class to max level is the best way to show my disappointment? That is exactly what is wrong with games these days, they get away with #$%@ like this because of people like you saying “just don’t play that class”, “Just don’t do that mission”, “just don’t use that spell”.

So you are saying, if you bought a washing machine that has a bug where it always ruins your coloured shirts but everything else is fine. You go to the store and they tell you “Just don’t wash your coloured shirts with it”. You be totally OK with that, right?

I am baffled.

in Ranger

With the “horn autoattack” i think he means the fact that, if you use horn 5 with an enemy nearby and autotargeting, you automatically aggro that enemy and start attacking it.

On the good side we are now kings of underwater combat….thats……something, right?

Yeah that is the Horn bug i meant.

Why is that, what did they do with underwater combat?

in Ranger

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

It’s a joke as much as anything. We had that first patch where nothing happened with ranger (October 22 https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Update-Notes-October-22-2012) and were promised “substantial changes” in the next patch. What we got next patch was 150% more damage on Harpoon auto and some other minor tweaks to greatsword (November 15 https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-November-15-2012). This lead to lots of jokes about the ranger being Aquaman (marvel superhero reference for those who may actually not know). We’re pretty good underwater but once you get us on land we’re not so useful anymore.

December 14 (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-December-14-2012) we got a fairly long list of changes but none were really useful changes. They were all ‘nice’ changes but they didn’t make or break any builds except the Lick Wounds change (still buggy but more powerful when it works). Unfortunately most of the changes from this patch can be described as “changing the awful and useless into mediocre and useless.” This really includes the melee pet hitting better and the arrow flight speed changes. What was awful and useless is now mediocre.

January 28 (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-January-28-2013) was just some bug fixes really. Again nothing bad but the only reall changes were condition stats applying to Entangle (finally!) and Drakes actually using Tail Swipe (this is pretty good actually).

And that brings us to today. I don’t have high hopes for the 26th (next balance patch) but I suppose it’s possible something good will happen.

Basically the answer to the OP is since December nothing noteworthy has changed. The ranger plays exactly the same as before. What worked before works now and what didn’t work before still doesn’t work.

(edited by Unspecified.9142)

in Ranger

It’s a joke as much as anything. We had that first patch where nothing happened with ranger (October 22 https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Update-Notes-October-22-2012) and were promised “substantial changes” in the next patch. What we got next patch was 150% more damage on Harpoon auto and some other minor tweaks to greatsword (November 15 https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-November-15-2012). This lead to lots of jokes about the ranger being Aquaman (marvel superhero reference for those who may actually not know). We’re pretty good underwater but once you get us on land we’re not so useful anymore.

December 14 (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-December-14-2012) we got a fairly long list of changes but none were really useful changes. They were all ‘nice’ changes but they didn’t make or break any builds except the Lick Wounds change (still buggy but more powerful when it works). Unfortunately most of the changes from this patch can be described as “changing the awful and useless into mediocre and useless.” This really includes the melee pet hitting better and the arrow flight speed changes. What was awful and useless is now mediocre.

January 28 (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-January-28-2013) was just some bug fixes really. Again nothing bad but the only reall changes were condition stats applying to Entangle (finally!) and Drakes actually using Tail Swipe (this is pretty good actually).

And that brings us to today. I don’t have high hopes for the 26th (next balance patch) but I suppose it’s possible something good will happen.

Basically the answer to the OP is since December nothing noteworthy has changed. The ranger plays exactly the same as before. What worked before works now and what didn’t work before still doesn’t work.

Thanks for that detailed report and the links! I took a break in november and must have missed that Aquaman patch but that is hillarious! I know what to do now if i get chased in WvW. Find the next puddle to jump in and harpoon them to death.

26th, i am waiting for that then. FFXIV Alpha starts on the 25th so i be busy checking that out.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

You forgot about this one in one of the edits:

Ranger
Spirit health increased by 25%.

As “kittenty” as it sounds, i’ve been able to run my spirits through AoEs (with + health trait, natures vengeance and spirits unbound, hints the “i can run them through”) and they will barely even have a dent in their health bar, also i have ran spirit builds in PvP and it actually has been to great success since that change, i’ve had people literally have to peel off of me to deal with my spirits because their splash AoE just wasn’t cutting it anymore.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: redhare.9210

redhare.9210

Well Aquaman is DC not marvel. Stan Lee would never write that kitten

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

1. F2 responsiveness.
I really dont have a problem with this. The 1/2 a sec it take to start the animation is fine and the long animation is the same for a lot of big attack its give plays time to interupt dodge etc.

2. Pet AoE survivability.
The is easy as well. Dont put your pet in a situation you the play would’nt want to be in. For WvW go ahead and charge in with you pet and see how long you live. Anything that will down you will kill your pet. Prick of the guys on the edges not the middle. You blindly fire into the center of the zerg and wonder why you pets dies in the middle. If You chose to fight in this manner then put your pet on passive and pick a pet the give you boons.

you can roll and give your pet 2 seconds of protection. You can pass boon on to your pet like regeneration. You can use stone signet and give your pets 6 seconds of invulnerablity.

So all in all this is a pet management issue.

3. Pet AI.
Using you f skill properly helps. Send you pet in before you attack. Your pet is aslo on guard so anything that targets you you pet will attack. So alot of time your pet goes and attack something else its beuase it attack first (maybe when you ran by it) Or you are not targeting the mob you think your targeting. Stowing your pet when not actively using it will help this issue. As far as pvp you cant expect one object to catch another object if they are moving at the same speed. CC and you own movement can help you pet catch its prey. If you opponet is moving clockwise to kite you pet you should move counter clockwise to him. There are serval things that can and will happen. All benifical to you.

4. 40ms shortbow nerf explanation or rollback?
There has been no rollback and there has be an explanation like it or not.
I for one hated the shortbow before the nerf (i toerate it now) to easy auto attack for the win get the hell out of here. I dont want to be the ranged version of a hundred blades warrior.

There is only one other class that has a longbow. Stop trying to be a warrior and remeber part of our damage comes from our pets. So you will never see the number that you get from a warrior. To be a ranger good is to know and accept this. If you dont your just lying to yourself.

6. BM traits are scattered everywhere instead of the BM tree.
All class have traits that seem to be in the wrong line. There is a reason for this.
Looking at the ranger if all the pet traits were in bm every ranger would be force to put point in bm or they would lost 40% percent of thier damage. If all the pet traits where in the BM line pets would be to powerful.

Things don’t always work the way you want them to. In gaming alot of people want thier class to be uber good in everything. The things they ask of alot of the time would make thier class op even if they dont see it now. But once in the game you open a whole can of worms.

7. ‘obstructed’ error with bows.
This affect all ranger weopans to my knowledge ( or at least all bow and guns i believe the sceptor as well on the Guardian.) An issue like this can be coming from anywhere. coding, sprites, models in genral or just specific loctions. I believe it to be the later and some mob models.
If its a specific loction then screen shots of the location can help to solve the problem gradualy.

8. Horn random auto-attack
no opion on this issue. I just know mob consider it an attack rightly or wrongly.

9. Lick Wounds working only 50% of the time
This issue maybe tied to the obstructed issue. But that being said lick wounds is so Op when it works. Which is ok as a band aid until they find a permant solution.

10. All the bugs of Entangle
I use entangle alot and love it even before the condtion buff.

If nothing has been done i check back in 6 months. But more likely never since it’s been 8 months + beta and if all these issues have been ignored for this long i doubt they ever get fixed.

My friend you are already behind the power curve. You are concerned with problems that my of us ranger have learned to overcome and have no affect on our overall gameplay or enjoyment.

Promise:
Anet has given you a game. Gw2 was game of the year. So in what way have they broken thier promise. You are permited to come and go as you like. No good game is perfect and for me GW2 is the best MMORPG out at the moment. Elder scrolls Online might be good. I’m not holding my breath.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Ranger

Promise:
Anet has given you a game. Gw2 was game of the year. So in what way have they broken thier promise. You are permited to come and go as you like. No good game is perfect and for me GW2 is the best MMORPG out at the moment. Elder scrolls Online might be good. I’m not holding my breath.

You whole post is opinion and you are welcome to have one, but I was asking for facts not workarounds or excuses. I give you an example:

1. Is Bug X still in the game?
2. X is not a problem because [ insert personal opinion here ] and [ insert weird reasoning here ]. I would [ insert half kitten workaround here ]. You have to understand that [ insert excuse for ANet here ].

I am only interested if it is fixed or not. Yes or No is quite sufficient and someone else already answered these questions.

I don’t care if GW2 can have your babies and fart rainbows. I don’t care if it won some silly award that has nothing to do with reality.

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

Pets are not meant to survie in stituation a player is not. Its your opion they should. Alot of what you and alot of the community view as problems are opions as well.

When Anet comes out and states said problem is working as intended yall get mad.

You asked if there has been fixes for what you view as problems. Short bow has been fixed but you dont like it and the statement reguarding it.

Lick wounds is a tempory fix. Its is clear they looked at it since they have changed it. But it still has the core problem and it seems they cant solve it as of yet. They could have done nothing but some people will still complain either way.

You feel that you are owed something that is you opinion.

Opinions can be wrong both yours and mine. But I’m enjoying the class and the game.
What MMORPG are you playing at the moment. It must be a hell of a game.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Ranger

khadorian.6417

Are you serious? Leveling another class to max level is the best way to show my disappointment? That is exactly what is wrong with games these days, they get away with #$%@ like this because of people like you saying “just don’t play that class”, “Just don’t do that mission”, “just don’t use that spell”.

So you are saying, if you bought a washing machine that has a bug where it always ruins your coloured shirts but everything else is fine. You go to the store and they tell you “Just don’t wash your coloured shirts with it”. You be totally OK with that, right?

I am baffled.

No its like most people can wash their shirts with it, but you happend to have a specifik fabrik so they get ruined and you need another washing machine that works for your needs.

And while we are talking bugs, you dont mention that we can channel rapid fire on people that stealth and you no longer have target on.

This has a bigger impact on the game than your whole list alltogether, atleast for people that wvw or pvp.

(edited by khadorian.6417)

in Ranger

Pets are not meant to survie in stituation a player is not. Its your opion they should. Alot of what you and alot of the community view as problems are opions as well.

When Anet comes out and states said problem is working as intended yall get mad.

You asked if there has been fixes for what you view as problems. Short bow has been fixed but you dont like it and the statement reguarding it.

Lick wounds is a tempory fix. Its is clear they looked at it since they have changed it. But it still has the core problem and it seems they cant solve it as of yet. They could have done nothing but some people will still complain either way.

You feel that you are owed something that is you opinion.

Opinions can be wrong both yours and mine. But I’m enjoying the class and the game.
What MMORPG are you playing at the moment. It must be a hell of a game.

Not playing any MMO , it’s winter and i am mostly out an about snowboarding and drinking hot tea.

in Ranger

I am baffled.

No its like most people can wash their shirts with it, but you happend to have a specifik fabrik so they get ruined and you need another washing machine that works for your needs.

And while we are talking bugs, you dont mention that we can channel rapid fire on people that stealth and you no longer have target on.

This has a bigger impact on the game than your whole list alltogether, atleast for people that wvw or pvp.

Come on man, you know that your comment that i should play a different class was rubbish and now you try desperately to get out of the hole you dug yourself. Let it go before it becomes embarrassing.

Rapid Fire: Add another bug to the list. Hurray!

in Ranger

Posted by: Erro.2784

Erro.2784

Can only fix what is broken and the ranger currently has no real bugs tbh. Having said that i do have some suggestions with regards to ranger in game both for pve and wvw.

• make rampage as one affect friendlies.
  • provide a trait that gives damage boost upon stowing of pet.
  • maul is a blast finisher.
  • make pets squishier, pve is too easy with ranger.
[VII] – Aurora Glade
VII youtube channel
Erro youtube channel

in Ranger

Posted by: redhare.9210

redhare.9210

Can only fix what is broken and the ranger currently has no real bugs tbh. Having said that i do have some suggestions with regards to ranger in game both for pve and wvw.

1) rampage as one should not effect everyone else due to the fact its not our pet.
2) You do not keep pets stowed in combat and you should never be able to
3) no comment
4) Pets die pretty quickly as is. if anything they should make the bulkier ones have more toughness.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

Remember when Jon Peters promised good changes for rangers way back in October? Remember how it was also the last time a dev posted in the ranger subforums?
Remember how they keep us in the dark since that failure?
Hope you don’t visit the very long buglist thread we have.

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

The “lick wounds” bug can be circumvented, the method im about to describe isnt a surefire way to fix things, however, it does work out most of the times, given you are not ganked hard while down.

To make it work, hit F3 (return to me) and wait 1 sec before using lick wounds. or hit F4 (swap pets) and wait 1 sec before using lick wounds.

the key to circumvent the bug, is to interrupt the pets behavior and “reset it” before using lick wounds. However, when ganked hard by 5+ npcs/players you are doomed anyways.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

Remember when Jon Peters promised good changes for rangers way back in October? Remember how it was also the last time a dev posted in the ranger subforums?

Uh I believe that’s the last time anyone took Jon seriously.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Ranger

Gee, i thought there was some dialogue going on since he came in promising better times ahead. Behaviour like that is usually a sign that they have no idea how to fix some of these issues without changing fundamentals of the game engine.

Shame on you Jon Peters.

in Ranger

Posted by: Erro.2784

Erro.2784

1) rampage as one should not effect everyone else due to the fact its not our pet.
2) You do not keep pets stowed in combat and you should never be able to
3) no comment
4) Pets die pretty quickly as is. if anything they should make the bulkier ones have more toughness.

Made me lol at first… but then I got worried that these types of posts are typically the devs listen to.

[VII] – Aurora Glade
VII youtube channel
Erro youtube channel

in Ranger

Posted by: Jubei.5923

Jubei.5923

There is only one other class that has a longbow. Stop trying to be a warrior and remeber part of our damage comes from our pets. So you will never see the number that you get from a warrior. To be a ranger good is to know and accept this. If you dont your just lying to yourself.

In the defense of the OP, he copied/pasted that from my rant in the Ranger Update thread. I was actually referring to all bow classes, regardless of bow type.

I agree that our pets are a core part of our DPS (I don’t like it but I can’t argue with core mechanics, even if I don’t agree with them), but I feel we are TOO dependent on them and unfortunately a lot of the problems that come from our pets brings light to our other class issues – in this case, raw bow damage.

You can argue that we offer conditions from our bow attacks and shouldn’t whine about damage output. The underlying problem here is that other classes can do all of the above more efficiently and more easily than the ranger. I can go into details but everyone has read the same BS over and over again.

No animals were harmed during the typing of this post.