What healing skill do you use?

in Ranger

Posted by: Gransasso.9842

Gransasso.9842

I have notice that all ranger i see, use “healing spring”, and also use this skill. Do you use “heal as one” or “troll unguent” ? For what situations they are better than “spring” ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

Troll Urgent for self healing, Healing Spring for AoE healing.

Heal As One is only good for healing your pet, which was nice when we didn’t have pet swapping, but now it’s just an unnecessary and useless healing skill. Just compare it to the Warrior healing skill Mending, the Mesmer healing skill Ether Feast, or the Elementalist healing skill Ether Renewal.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in Ranger

Posted by: Arpheus.6918

Arpheus.6918

I prefer heal as one as healing skill especially now that I can stealth myself with longbow 3 so that I won’t get interrupted. In group play I use healing spring.
The main reason why I use heal as one over troll unguent are two things:
1) Poison. When you get poisoned for long durations it will decrease your healing. With heal as one you can decide when to heal up (possibly when you are not poisoned)
2) Thieves. You don’t want to be at <50% HP against a thief and troll unguent won’t bring you back to 100% fast enough while heal as one does

If I encounter a crazy condition necro or engineer who beats my condition removal (melandru + lemongrass and signet of renewal) I just get out of fight which is easy against a necro and switch to healing spring and go back to the fight. Works fine for me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Healing spring for the most part. I like Troll Ungent as well, but healing spring takes the cake for the most part. I use sword/axe and GS. Healing spring will allow me GS 3, S 2, A4, A5 all heal me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I use Healing Spring for most of my sPvP points because I’m tanky and gonna be on point anyway, and because my builds tend to be support oriented so AoE condi removal and regen is just amazing.

However if I ever use a more selfish build I take that amazingly awesome Heal as One, because TU just kinda bums me out that it’s not as awesome as in GW1 xD.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I use Healing Spring for the condition removal and party support.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

Healing Spring gives great team utility, longest water field in game and blastable for more healing. Oh, and condi removal.

A needs of the many outweigh the needs on a few or one kinda thing.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in Ranger

Posted by: Raiff.6742

Raiff.6742

I almost always use Healing spring. Even in WvW. I know many will say the mobility needed for PvP and WvW should suggest Troll Ungent, but I like being able to heal myself and anyone in the zerg that may need a few points.

in Ranger

Posted by: AydenStar.4216

AydenStar.4216

I love Healing Spring with our Weapon Finishers and troll urgent for self/pet healing

in Ranger

Posted by: Bambula.3649

Bambula.3649

healingspring <3
troll urgent is even nice, if you play against condi spammer it still heals you up or you dont lose much hp, i dont like heal as one and never use it.
its a nice burst heal but the other booth heals you up for more

Orga for [WUMS]

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Healing spring always.

Ranger | Elementalist

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

Healing spring if I’m doing dungeons or in zergs. Troll unguent everywhere else.

Stormbluff Isle

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Heal as one is good for that part where you carry the orb that damages you in arah. Anywhere where you need a burst heal.

Troll is a great multipurpose heal and somewhat of personal condition damage negation.

Healing spring is usually taken for

• water field for blast/leaps/to a lesser extent, projectiles
  • aoe condi removal pulses in a condi heavy game with limited removal options
  • aoe for team regen
Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

Heal as one needs a cast time reduction of 0.25-0.5s or to heal the ranger and pet 6-10% more. I did a lot of research on this a while back and posted the results. With low healing power, heal as one and troll unguent actually are neck and neck in terms of raw health healed over time. Healing spring is considerably lower until about 1k healing power where if you grab all the regen stacks it catches up. The issue is that you can cast troll unguent much sooner, anticipating damage, meaning it is a proactive skill rather than a reactive skill, typically making it the better option to bring if you were to choose between those two heals. However, I choose healing spring because of the condition removal and 15s water field that i can leap through and let my teammates you. Ranger really needs that active condition cleansing in pvp.

If you are in pve, either heal as one or troll unguent are fine as you don’t really need the condi removal from healing spring.

in Ranger

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Troll Unguent or Healing spring…

Kima & Co

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Heal as one. Since Normally I use either Cleric or Magi gear, the amount it heals for and the quick recharge makes it more useful to me.

In Dungeons and WvW, I switch to Healing Spring like everyone else because of the many reasons people stated above.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

I used TU. I really love how it heals over time.. it means you can activate it right near the start of a fight and for the first 10 seconds you essensially take no damage, and the sooner you activate it the sooner it will be off CD again.

Occasionally I swap to HS for group support but usually I leave that up to the ele’s (although in PvP I walways run HS).

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I only really use Healing Spring in organized groups, or in PvP where its node fighting and I’ll be sitting on a point and Spring will myself (and others) more.

However, out in open world, Troll Unguent. It has rangers highest on the go healing, it is the least punishing healing skill, meaning that using it preemptively has a better opportunity cost than if you use HaO or Spring early, potentially wasting some of the spike heal because it tries to heal more than the HP you have, and lastly, because with the amount of evades rangers have access to, with the fact that Unguent can’t be stripped, and the above reasoning, it makes for one of the best heals in terms of potency in the game.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Fordel.3208

Fordel.3208

Just like most everyone else:

Troll Unguent for Solo/Mobility heal.

Healing Spring for Stationary/Group play.

I’d consider Heal as One if I ever used one of those rune sets with the “special buffs when you use your heal skill”, just for more up time.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Troll Unguent I use most of the time, since I have no stationary playstyle and can’t be bothered to assist my enemy in where he has to put down his AoE..
The only time I would use Healing Spring, is when running in a small group and we are in dire need of a water field..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Heal as one would see more use if it removed conditions on heal I bet.

in Ranger

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

In dungeon’s I prefer not using Healing Spring but TU, because in some fights I stay ranged and my healing spring is useless to the pet, So I can heal the pet even if I don’t need to without running up to it.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Just like most everyone else:

Troll Unguent for Solo/Mobility heal.

Healing Spring for Stationary/Group play.

I’d consider Heal as One if I ever used one of those rune sets with the “special buffs when you use your heal skill”, just for more up time.

If you ever consider doing that, don’t use Rune of the Flock, or Rune of the Water. Neither of their 6th Rune effects work, and Anet doesn’t seem to be fixing it any time soon either. I think they forgot about it, or haven’t found a fix yet.

…If they did work, then my current build would allow me to heal me and my pet for just under 10,000 health instead of 8400 health, plus it would send a heal of about 1600 to everyone around me, every 20 seconds, which would turn Heal as One from a great heal to an Amazing heal. Hell, it would make other heals even better than they already are!

Heal as one would see more use if it removed conditions on heal I bet.

That or reduce the casting time to be inline with the other healing skills. I’ve never had a problem with it myself, except for when you are poisoned, then it turns from a great heal to a very crappy heal….

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Lol ya poison does that. Poisoning someone right before they heal just feels so fun. Haha

in Ranger

Posted by: Captain Obvious.7821

Captain Obvious.7821

Healing spring in almost any fight for the condition removal and if you have the vigorous renewal trait it is just amazing as it gives you vigor with every pulse.