What is happening?

What is happening?

in Ranger

Posted by: XENus.6931

XENus.6931

LF3M. Need Guards, NO Rangers. Bring appropriate AR & experience. Swamp pre-rolled. Murica /join
^^^^^^^[Copied from gw2lfg.com]
Story of the ranger when rangers are trying to get into a party. This community is becoming a joke. ANET i really hope that u make us useful but considering the new patch of yours… its still not delievering what rangers really want.

What is happening?

in Ranger

Posted by: Dabilahro.8094

Dabilahro.8094

I HATE THOSE PEOPLE!!! ranger can bring so much more to a party than alot of the other classes.. and yet… hey lets make a full zerker party and get wiped by one aoe from a boss. Just wait for a while and my comment will be forum attacked… and people say rangers complain for no reason….

What is happening?

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Forget “super elite dungeon” speed clears (most boring god danged thing in the game IMO). At the “new improved” Jormag today I spent all my time rezzing these Zerker idiots instead of actually shooting the kitten thing in the head. Yeah some Pro build that is… it takes them 10 extra minutes to kill this thing now b/c they spend all their time on their backs. Sorry, but you can’t ‘stack up’ & dodge dragon breath apparently :p

What is happening?

in Ranger

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Most groups don’t need more than one ranger. It doesn’t mean they’re elitist.

Also, the idea that you get OHKOed because of Zerker gear is just an urban legend. Most “aoe” attacks that would OHKO a zerker (such as Flame Shaman’s melee attack) would OHKO someone in Knight’s Gear as well. Someone in PVT might survive, but I don’t know anyone stupid enough to stand in a red circle because they think they could mitigate it.

What is happening?

in Ranger

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

ranger can bring so much more to a party than alot of the other classes.. .

No, they cannot …. They never could since game launch …

I have over 2100 hrs on my ranger, stopped bringing her into dungeons 6 months ago after I leveled a guardian.

I know very well what a ranger can and cannot do in dungeons, and I will no longer dungeon with rangers. Period.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

What is happening?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

That reminds me of a story.

I got into a PuG that didn’t want ‘another’ ranger since we were so useless. It was the Fire and Ice dungeon. We got there, and the entire group wiped on those last two bosses.

Everyone, but me that is.

And I soloed them.

The first one went down and the entire party rezzed. And a minute later, the party died again. Yes, you guess it. I soloed him too and got everyone the chest and achievement.

The point isn’t to brag. The point is to tell you that sometimes it’s up to you to prove the group wrong. Yeah, it’s an uphill battle, especially with recent changes, but if that group or guild was that ignorant, they did you the favor of self-identifying their stupidity.

Consider it a blessing in disguise.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

What is happening?

in Ranger

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

I got into a PuG that didn’t want ‘another’ ranger since we were so useless. It was the Fire and Ice dungeon. We got there, and the entire group wiped on those last two bosses.

And I soloed them.

The first one when down and the entire party rezzed. And a minute later, the party died again. Yes, you guess it. I soloed him too and got everyone the chest and achievement.

The point isn’t to brag. The point is to tell you that sometimes it’s up to you to prove the group wrong. Yeah, it’s an uphill battle, especially with recent changes, but if that group or guild was that ignorant, they did you the favor of self-identifying their stupidity.

+1 for awesome story. Anyone who won’t take you because of your class is most likely the type of player who rage quits if they down 1-2 times anyway. Screw those guys.

What is happening?

in Ranger

Posted by: Hosen.6801

Hosen.6801

Sometimes I think rangers are the most broken thing in this game, If Anet would only fix how your spirit pets worked in dungeons to where they didn’t just go down instantly when brought out I’d say rangers would be best if not one of the best party members you could bring. It’s a shame, those spirits would be awesome.

As a side note I have a CoF farming partner who plays a ranger and does a mighty fine job at it, wouldn’t trade him for any other class.

Lord and Commander of all things Pants.

What is happening?

in Ranger

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

And I soloed them.

The first one when down and the entire party rezzed. And a minute later, the party died again. Yes, you guess it. I soloed him too and got everyone the chest and achievement.

Funny, I had the exact same experience. However, after these patch notes, I gave up. My ranger has the dreamer, volcanus, reaver of the mist, fused weapons, sclerite weapons, jade weapons, a precursor torch (which I almost turned into a legendary, but then this patch came), 5 armor sets, everything.

But.

There comes a point when you have to be fair with yourself and wonder: can other classes do this better and bring more utility? The honest answer is: yes. You can be just as skilled on other classes, but do way more for the group. So I finally decided to bite the bullet and level another class.

What is happening?

in Ranger

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

I’m relatively new to the game, me and a party of guildies ran a few dungeons last night, pet was dead 90% of the time…i just put him on passive mode and used him for the condition removal and heals.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

What is happening?

in Ranger

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

I’m relatively new to the game, me and a party of guildies ran a few dungeons last night, pet was dead 90% of the time…i just put him on passive mode and used him for the condition removal and heals.

Dont worry about that pet to much yet. Since you are new, you dont know the dungeon paths and the mechanics of enemies/bosses. Once you do enough, you’ll learn and 90% of the time they will always be alive IF you do it right. Also good to know which pet to bring and when to swap to another pet in the right situation.

What is happening?

in Ranger

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

I had a hard time getting into a dungeon group last night as ranger, the one group I did get into let me because they needed someone to take them into exp mode, but wanted me to change to an alt.

I couldn’t even get upset about those that didn’t want me, I just wished them well and kept looking, it’s not their fault ANet removed ranger from the game.

What is happening?

in Ranger

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

I like that spotter trait a lot. I would take a ranger in my dungeon party all the time if they used that, but I just need one ranger in most cases. Also I dont want more than 1 guard btw.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

What is happening?

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

Many people still think in terms of the old trinity. So that means they want heavy armor classes to tank. Ranger can pretty much do it all. While one class may excel at a given task they usually will fail in one or two other roles. Many see dps as the most important. It isn’t.

Each time you do a dungeon run take note.
Which class is the first to die.
Which classes help other players rally.
Which class ends up being the last standing.
Which clkitten up soloing the boss and when sucessfull how long did it take them compare to the other class that soloed the same boss sucessfully.

While lots of people think they need a guardian two Guardian tend to be as useful as two belly buttons (rarely are they both a benifit.)

In fact i believe an all ranger party would be more sucessfull in generally than a party of any other class with very few exceptions.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.