What is the current meta wvw build?

in Ranger

Posted by: Venguard.2640

Venguard.2640

Anyone know the current go to ranger wvw build, solo roaming or zerging?
I was looking for Axe + Torch / Sword+Dagger, but i dont know gear setup. Any help will do

in Ranger

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Re-roll a warrior or guardian. Bam, meta.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Why would you use Natures bounty when you don’t have anything that gives you regen (except Rejuvenation) or am I missing something really obvious here?

in Ranger

Tricare.2946

eh was suppose to be natures protection, i made that while on my phone at work. I’ll fix it.

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

axe is not good.
sword and pvp builds for roaming.
use gs and tank for zerging.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Ranger

Posted by: Erro.2784

Erro.2784

Godspeed did a very decent vid on a good wvw build recently.

[VII] – Aurora Glade
VII youtube channel
Erro youtube channel

in Ranger

Tricare.2946

axe is not good.

Axe could be better, but works just fine.

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

axe is not good.

You survive longer and do more damage to more people with an axe (plus more support with a warhorn offhand) than you do with a GS. Mix in two Fire sigils on a high crit build and you will be getting aoe blasts on cool down.

And if you are going to go tanky in a zerg then just roll a guardian/warrior. You’ll be more tanky and be able to do more than tag for bag.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Solo roaming I have seen a new one out there that is the speed ranger. By far one of the fastest sustained classes I have seen in the game. Faster than speed warriors and with pet can out pace my thief which is an accomplishment. The rangers mained the sword and damaged via condition damage. The sword is the primary mover (not the great sword which could make it even faster I suppose). It does take some practice but the second sword skill can move a player about 900 every 4 seconds (when traited) at a sustained rate. Plug in a fear/immobilize pet and very few builds can keep up. Even if they catch you, they have to deal with a fear/immobilize, lots of evades and the ranger is sitting on all skills ready to activate.

Hopefully someone has posted a solid build if not I would try the typical condi-heal build and practice open field movement with the sword.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Ranger

Tricare.2946

You mean like this? Last clip.

in Ranger

Posted by: Decklan.7540

Decklan.7540

Hopefully someone has posted a solid build if not I would try the typical condi-heal build and practice open field movement with the sword.

Before you let yourself down, you have to actually hit something with the first attack in the chain in order to activate the next parts that actually move the ranger forward (2nd and 3rd attack in the chain).

in Ranger

Tricare.2946

Before you let yourself down, you have to actually hit something with the first attack in the chain in order to activate the next parts that actually move the ranger forward (2nd and 3rd attack in the chain).

He’s talking about sword #2, which you don’t have to hit anything to use.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

With sword, use the 180 turn button, hit #2, turn and hit it #2 again. Or just target an ambient or something behind you (or that you are passing), hit #2 to be launch away, untarget and repeat.

Not quite as good as great sword and takes practice but you can do it more often and it becomes second nature with time.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Ranger

Posted by: Overthrust.2659

Overthrust.2659

I see a lot of new warriors lately, even I got mine now lel

The Ranger would be nerfed every time because that is the law of Tyria.

in Ranger

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

You mean like this? Last clip.

This is the one. It is as effective of a build and play style as I have seen since they nerfed pets.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”