What's the point of Stability Training??

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

I mean “Pets gain stability when disabled.” When the pet is dead, Why would you care if is feared or inmobilized? also can they even be feared when dead?

I’m not able to see the utility of this master trait, did the devs run out of ideas?

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

By disabled it means when the pet is hit by a crowd control. So if you have this trait and the enemy tries to use a knockback the pet will get stability.

It can be pretty useful to avoid people knocking your pet away when it’s using Lick Wounds.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

People will try to stomp on me before try to push my pet away. Lick wounds is not that great as some people say/think, that downed skill is helpful against PvE, not so much in WvW (the real uses i guess). Would be helpful if when the pet is channelling you couldn’t be stomped, forcing the other players to attack the pet/push it away.

But in our current circumstances I have yet to see any real use of this skill instead a waste of a trait slot.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

They should really make it “You and your Pet gain stability when it is disabled.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

They should really make it “You and your Pet gain stability when it is disabled.”

Would actually open point-bunker options this way.
Not a bad idea mate. Not a bad one.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

+1

Moonlight [THRU]

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

To add, a lot of the pet traits are pointless.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

I like this trait, though I’m currently not using it that much as i not investing any points in BM in my current more used builds. but for awhile i used a 0/0/6/4/4 condi bm build in spvp and wvw roam where i included it.

the reasons why i used it because of
- as stated above “lick wounds”
- classes that blindly use hard cc, turret engis, fear necros
- classes that use AOE hard cc Hammer wars/guards, dd eles

this means that even if i get disabled my pet is still attacking and seeing that I’m in a pet orientated build I am still doing some damage. So even if I’m chained feared I am still doing 50%+ damaged

PS i have not used this trait sense the Stability change

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

The trait actually isn’t half bad as it’s probably the only trait affecting pets worth taking. It negates whatever incoming cc activated the trait, grants your pet 5 stacks of stability for three seconds, and only has a 10 second cooldown. For the most post, it can almost guarantee that your pet is immune to CC because of how often it can activate.

Stormbluff Isle

in Ranger

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

I already gave suggestion that most “pet exclusive traits” should also affect ranger in some ways in my other posts.

For example, Agility training should increase both pet and their master’s movement speed by 25% when pet is alive.

This is by no means unreasonable request because Warrior, Ele, Engineer, all have similar traits. Most of those classes has access to permenant swiftness without using up a weapon skill. (Meaning not bound to certain weapon to get swiftness)

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

in Ranger

Toxsa.2701

The trait actually isn’t half bad as it’s probably the only trait affecting pets worth taking. It negates whatever incoming cc activated the trait, grants your pet 5 stacks of stability for three seconds, and only has a 10 second cooldown. For the most post, it can almost guarantee that your pet is immune to CC because of how often it can activate.

And how does that help you in any way? Lick Wound ONLY?
Yeah sure your pet gain stability, but their damage is wet noodle and no-one cares, and no-one will waste their precious CC on pets if he’s not using lick wound. Most people will just stomp you directly with the help of blind/block/invulnerable/stability, instead of wasting their CC to stop pet anyway.

Engineer has passive protection from Crowd Control with a 5 secs ICD.
(3 secs duration)
Not to mention it’s an ADAPT trait.

This trait is nothing compare to engineer’s trait.

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

Yeah sure your pet gain stability, but their damage is wet noodle and no-one cares, and no-one will waste their precious CC on pets if he’s not using lick wound. Most people will just stomp you directly with the help of blind/block/invulnerable/stability, instead of wasting their CC to stop pet anyway.

(3 secs duration)

It’s not about people using direct CC on the pet, it’s about when someone uses CC on you that is either AoE or can also affect the pet in some other way (like elementalist lightning aura).

This trait will see the most use for people running beastmaster specs, where their pet damage will be made much more consistent due to the fact that the pet can resist most CC that comes their way. And when a BM spec runs with a glassy pet, you can expect the pet to deal lots of damage.

The trait is good under certain circumstances. Just because you only play the game in one way doesn’t mean everyone else does too.

Stormbluff Isle

in Ranger

Toxsa.2701

(3 secs duration)

It’s not about people using direct CC on the pet, it’s about when someone uses CC on you that is either AoE or can also affect the pet in some other way (like elementalist lightning aura).

This trait will see the most use for people running beastmaster specs, where their pet damage will be made much more consistent due to the fact that the pet can resist most CC that comes their way. And when a BM spec runs with a glassy pet, you can expect the pet to deal lots of damage.

The trait is good under certain circumstances. Just because you only play the game in one way doesn’t mean everyone else does too.

Nope, beast master’s damage is still wet noodle thanks to Anet over-nerfing all pets’ damage. Beast Master relies on the ranger himself doing condition to compensate pet’s lack of damage. Yeah I tried those axe might stacking build that shares might with pet before, the damage is still very weak, plus the axe’s damage is also very weak.

You really do not need to defend those half complete garbage traits Anet stuff in ranger’s trait line as filler because they run out of idea for ranger’s trait line. It’s time to revamp those traits already.

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I actually like this trait. Pets get randomly cc’d a hit ton and this helps a lot when trying to use a pet based build.

in Ranger

Toxsa.2701

I actually like this trait. Pets get randomly cc’d a hit ton and this helps a lot when trying to use a pet based build.

And how much more do you sacrifice to actually take that trait?
Mind to give us a build that uses this trait and do very well in Rank match or WvW roaming? A proof with a video is very welcome.

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

And how much more do you sacrifice to actually take that trait?
Mind to give us a build that uses this trait and do very well in Rank match or WvW roaming? A proof with a video is very welcome.

Can’t make videos… but I was just messing around with it and was running either 0/2/0/6/6 or 0/4/0/6/4 I can’t quite remember which and my drake was literally running over engis even with their slickshoes on!

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

Pets only hit like wet noodle when you don’t bother to help them,

Pets prowess, fortifying bond and main hand Axe can make a cat or a bird (even dog or drake) hit like a truck particularly a jag in stealth.

But it not just about buffing you pets damage stats but also buffing its ability to connect more often, this is where traits like stability training, agility training, SotH and soft CC come in to play.

@ Eura – what would be the extra traits that you picked skirmishing in the 0/4/0/6/4 build Pets Prowess and ???

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

Your crits give them might.