What's wrong with d/d?

What's wrong with d/d?

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

did they buff MH dagger compared to what you guys were talking about before? I dont find it sluggish at all, albeit your damage is dependent on landing the #3 for the quickness. with a few slashes + quickness, you’re doing ~3k dps with rabid gear.

What's wrong with d/d?

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I dont find it sluggish at all, albeit your damage is dependent on landing the #3 for the quickness.

And there lies the reason it’s sluggish – it’s dependent on quickness to perform smoothly rather than being smooth from the get-go.

At the very least, the auto attack chain should be as equally fluid and quick as the Thief/Necro dagger auto attacks.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

What's wrong with d/d?

in Ranger

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

It’s like a bad sb, honestly I hate the traits stances and weapon skills of soul beast; they all are boring and pretty cut and dry. However the soul beast’s interactions with core ranger and the pet skills is strait amazing.

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

(edited by Eleazar.9478)

What's wrong with d/d?

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

It’s like a bad sb, honestly I hate the traits stances and weapon skills of soul beast they all are boring and pretty cut and dry . However the soupbeats interactions wit core ranger and the pet skills is strait amazing

i actually found shortbow to be very underwhelming. with all the projectile hate in PoF, it’s going to be an entirely useless weapon. MH dagger has some cleave, which I like.

At the very least, the auto attack chain should be as equally fluid and quick as the Thief/Necro dagger auto attacks.

i think youre confusing fluidity with speed. MH dagger feels pretty fluid to me. if anything increasing speed might be good, but overall it felt pretty good. we have so much quickness.

What's wrong with d/d?

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I tested it with my condition build and it’s such a terrible weapon in every aspect.
Auto attack got to be the slowest dagger auto ever existed.

The condition aspect is WORSE than axe, with no utility, defensive aspect, gap closer, cc whatsoever, and does garbage damage, and it’s a melee weapon that hit 2 only.

Also going d/d meaning your damage will be even worse than going d/t or a/t

I have no idea how you can tolerate this weapon when a range weapon like Axe outdamage this weapon as condition weapon.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

What's wrong with d/d?

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Not confusing those at all and the amount of quickness sources does not matter here. It needs to have reduced cast times, aftercasts, contact points, and not designed to require quickness.

That’s good that it felt fluid to you; it does not to me and others.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

What's wrong with d/d?

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

applying condis with projectiles is terribly unreliable, which is why the condi ranger is in a godawful state. torch, SB, OH dagger and MH axe, as condi weapons, are outdated by about 2 years. MH dagger cleaves are much better at applying condis.

I guess whether the rate of attack is appropriate is up in the air. but i certainly didnt notice any problems with aftercasts and animations in general. contact points felt quite generous, ~120-ish. I also felt the same about Soulbeast pet abilities. animation cast times felt reasonable, even without quickness. but hey, if they buff the attack rates and cast times, I’ll take it. but it’s nowhere near the disaster that some of you guys were raising noise about.

What's wrong with d/d?

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

So you expect a melee weapon that cleave 2 in a small range will suddenly beat the aoe condition application of Necro’s shade/ wells or thief just spamming dead blossom and dodge? The condition sequence is terrible too because first 3 hits apply different condition and if the 4th one doesn’t hit you lose alot of dps. (This is why we say the 4 hit combo is way too slow cuz the main dps is on 4th hit yet it takes 3 hit animation for it to reach the 4th one)

Thief’s dagger condition application works because it’s a much better aoe with innate dodge in it. I have no idea how you can expect a slow / short cleave weapon like that with no cc/ gap closer/ dodge would work in pvp. Seriously, just play a thief with a dagger and you’d know what’s the difference. The flow of auto attack, the aoe, the innate spammable dodge , the gap closer, and the stealth all synergize together to make it work.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

What's wrong with d/d?

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

So you expect a melee weapon that cleave 2 in a small range will suddenly beat the aoe condition application of Necro’s shade/ wells or thief just spamming dead blossom and dodge?

what in the world are you talking about? where did I say this? I feel condi Soulbeast will be one of the weakest condi builds in the game, but this has very little to do with MH dagger. you cant have one weapon solve all of our problems, like our other condi weapons and traps being trash.

secondly, just stop using other profs to compare weapon abilities. thief dagger is never gonna work like the warrior’s or ranger’s dagger. thieves have always been way squishier than rangers, so they need the extra evades. and your argument is moot anyway, because condi thieves are trash-tier, and I can smoke them on my druid playing with one hand.

and I have hundreds of hours on my thief, so I don’t need to “try dagger” to make your point more salient.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

What's wrong with d/d?

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

So you expect a melee weapon that cleave 2 in a small range will suddenly beat the aoe condition application of Necro’s shade/ wells or thief just spamming dead blossom and dodge?

what in the world are you talking about? where did I say this? I feel condi Soulbeast will be one of the weakest condi builds in the game, but this has very little to do with MH dagger. you cant have one weapon solve all of our problems, like our other condi weapons and traps being trash.

secondly, just stop using other profs to compare weapon abilities. thief dagger is never gonna work like the warrior’s or ranger’s dagger. thieves have always been way squishier than rangers, so they need the extra evades. and your argument is moot anyway, because condi thieves are trash-tier, and I can smoke them on my druid playing with one hand.

and I have hundreds of hours on my thief, so I don’t need to “try dagger” to make your point more salient.

Saying Soulbeast dagger is fine -> It’s the weakest condition weapon ever.
Logic.

I question you about thief because compare to thief’s dagger, Soulbeast’s dagger is far from fine. It’s barely functional, especially for a melee weapon.
When a weapon is barely functional, we express our opinion about why we want Anet to change it, so why are you stopping us from doing so?

Do you expect Anet to magically read our mind if we don’t express our opinion about their design flaws?

Also saying Thief is squishy (chuckle). It’s more tanky than most of the classes I play in Open World with so many innate dodge on their powerful skills.
They even have a trait to heal 15% base on the damage they do, making them extremely tanky in open-world.

With so many evades and dodge, it’s far from squishy, if you don’t compare to dedicated healing class like Druid or Mediation Guardian.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

What's wrong with d/d?

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

Logic.

I’m afraid logic is not your friend.

What's wrong with d/d?

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

Logic.

You might want to check your post again lolz.
You admit it’s the weakest condition build ever and you then say it’s fine.
How is it fine then? It’s not only weak, it barely has any defensive aspect in it too.

What's wrong with d/d?

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

Logic.

How is it fine then? It’s not only weak, it barely has any defensive aspect in it too.

how is what fine? what are you talking about? you seem to have an independent narrative going on inside your mind.

What's wrong with d/d?

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

Logic.

how is what fine? what are you talking about? you seem to have an independent narrative going on inside your mind.

“What’s wrong with d/d?”

“did they buff MH dagger compared to what you guys were talking about before? I dont find it sluggish at all, albeit your damage is dependent on landing the #3 for the quickness. with a few slashes + quickness, you’re doing ~3k dps with rabid gear.”

Your own quote. Also title.

What's wrong with d/d?

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

you are completely delusional.

let me translate:

- condi Soulbeast does not look very strong, true.
- MH dagger seems better than the whining on this dreaded subforum represented it to be (this is what my post is saying).

extrapolation:

- there likely is not a causative association between a weaker MH dagger and bad condi builds on the ranger/Soulbeast.

What's wrong with d/d?

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

you are completely delusional.

let me translate:

- condi Soulbeast does not look very strong, true.
- MH dagger seems better than the whining on this dreaded subforum represented it to be (this is what my post is saying).

extrapolation:

- there likely is not a causative association between a weaker MH dagger and bad condi builds on the ranger/Soulbeast.

We praised about the power Soulbeast synergy -> you ignore it and pretend no-one praise about Soulbeast.

We criticized about some lackluster aspect of Soulbeast like dagger, stance, and traits -> we are the dreadful whiners who’re not productive at all.

Your attitude is what I call the dreadful cancer of the forum.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Stress-Test-result-Soulbeast-in-PoF-map/first#post6732160

What's wrong with d/d?

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

The quickness should be the selling point on this weapon together with the double gap closer and thus enhance OH weapons with this.
It should not be the only thing that makes the weapon reliable.
I think the forums over exsaturated hiw bad dagger MH is but its attack speed and aftercast should be improved. Especially on AA and 3.
The 2 should have a utility tied to it. Like a small daze or an evade.

OH dagger needs more range on 4 and ammo on 5.

Dagger would be fixed.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.