What stats do you prefer?

in Ranger

Posted by: Drakken.3427

Drakken.3427

It seems like everyone I talk to is using Power/Precision/Crit, is this the best?

I get owned in dungeons but I thought about switching to something with Toughness or Vitality, but not sure if I will be too weak going Power/Toughness/Vitality or if I should just pick Toughness OR Vitality.

Thoughts? Feel free to include weapon choices along with the certain stats you prefer.

in Ranger

Posted by: Yadda.2764

Yadda.2764

I’m in the same boat. I’m using power/precision/crit but I feel that it isn’t good enough and enemies do ridiculous damage which makes me think I need more defenses, but at the same time I feel like my damage is trash so I can’t give up offensive stats.

I’m really confused at the design goals of the dungeons. Enemies just feel like big bags of health while simultaneously hitting like a freight train.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vecuu.2018

Vecuu.2018

There isn’t an efficient way to stack both Toughness and Vitality. You can get Power/Toughness/Vitality gear from:

-WvW
-Karma vendors in Orr for 42k each piece
-Honor of the Waves and Sorrow’s Embrace Explorable merchant

None of those ways are quick, so if you’re looking for a cheap set of gear to keep you durable without completely kittening yourself, I’m currently using:

Knight’s Armor with Emerald Orbs
Beryl Accessories of the Valkyrie

Gives you a nice balance of Power, Precision, Toughness, Vitality, and Critical Damage.

but I am working slowly towards Power/Toughness/Vitality gear with Carrion Accessories. The thing is the Power/Toughness/Vitality exotic gear takes so long to farm up.

Jaded [Jade] – Darkhaven Server
Jaded.boards.net – Your future home

in Ranger

Posted by: Drakken.3427

Drakken.3427

I am with the Vigil and their set is Power/Toughness/Vitality and it is about 9 gold for the entire armor set.

You cannot craft Power/Toughness/Vitality?

in Ranger

Posted by: arcaneclarity.5283

arcaneclarity.5283

Condition Damage/Power/Healing/Toughness

in Ranger

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I’m in the same boat. I’m using power/precision/crit but I feel that it isn’t good enough and enemies do ridiculous damage which makes me think I need more defenses, but at the same time I feel like my damage is trash so I can’t give up offensive stats.

I’m really confused at the design goals of the dungeons. Enemies just feel like big bags of health while simultaneously hitting like a freight train.

If you feel like enemies do too much damage, you’re probably playing a ranger wrong. It’s a highly mobile class. You should be dodging just about every time it comes up, and running non stop. They should barely get the chance to hit you in the first place.

in Ranger

Posted by: BigCisHere.4076

BigCisHere.4076

I had this same problem with my Thief when I was full-on Power/Precision/Crit. I was just far too squishy. The way I found to solve it was to reset my traits into Vitality and Toughness. While it has affected my damage fairly significantly, I found I could take a couple more hits in dungeons. Overall, I’d say that is far more important. All my gear is still built around Power/Precision/Crit, so I still maintain good stat levels though.

The other change I found was that I seemed to aggro mobs less. There seems to be no definite reason why or how you aggro, but I seemed to get aggro all the time before, where after I switched, I could happily pound away without worrying.