What would you change about the spear?

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

We know they can work on aquatic weapons in a least a timely manner what changes would you want to see?

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: bosty.7603

bosty.7603

i dont see why they cant be used on land

in Ranger

Posted by: Glektor.2934

Glektor.2934

I don’t really have any complaints about our underwater abilities, to be honest. They work pretty well as they are. The 2 skill is a little mediocre, I suppose. They could possibly increase the duration or damage on it.

I do wish spears could be used as a land set though. Spears are such cool and amazingly effective weapons, it’s a shame that they locked them out of 98% of the game.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

The spear is fine, but hit boxes of underwater enemies tend to make what is already an awkward experience even worse.

But personally, I’d scrap underwater melee combat if I had the chance.

in Ranger

Posted by: neoxide.7320

neoxide.7320

The spear is amazing. jab, aoe swirl, speed charge, throw spear, jellyfish zap.

I suppose my least favorite is throwing the spear. I almost never use it. But I find spear to be a very well rounded weapon.

in Ranger

Posted by: Luriyu.6873

Luriyu.6873

4 is mainly a block with a knock back. similar to greatsword 4

in Ranger

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I pretty much stick with the Harpoon Gun on my Ranger. The only time I switch to my Spear is when I need to smash cages. :P

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I don’t really have any complaints about our underwater abilities, to be honest. They work pretty well as they are. The 2 skill is a little mediocre, I suppose. They could possibly increase the duration or damage on it.

I do wish spears could be used as a land set though. Spears are such cool and amazingly effective weapons, it’s a shame that they locked them out of 98% of the game.

66.6% of the game, underwater has 1/3 of the content available.

That being said the only change i would like to see is to make it so that we can move while using the 5 skill, and/or when we throw our spear instead of counterattacking that we pull ourselves to the target or pull them to us (preferably the second).

The only reason i suggest the pull is because when you throw the spear it leaves a rope behind in the rangers hand, so it just kinda bugs me i can’t do anything with that lol

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Psychrome.9281

Psychrome.9281

heh i like the spear the way it is, what i want to do is have that jellyfish pet on land i truly believe it is one of the best pets in the game!

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

heh i like the spear the way it is, what i want to do is have that jellyfish pet on land i truly believe it is one of the best pets in the game!

It -IS- a pretty sexy pet… I really wish that my canines would be useable underwater though… Btw, did you know that Jellyfish have 2 combo fields underwater now?

PS: Does the #2 count as a whirl? And does the throw on #4 count as a projectile?

Really wanna know now because if not they should be, but if so, then jellyfish is that much better with a spear xD

in Ranger

Posted by: Psychrome.9281

Psychrome.9281

i am not quite sure about that honestly honestly if all pets had the reactiveness and the damage in there F2 that jellyfish have it would make the entire class a lot better

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

i am not quite sure about that honestly honestly if all pets had the reactiveness and the damage in there F2 that jellyfish have it would make the entire class a lot better

Drakes have more damage, but the reactiveness and on-demandness of it are not there…

EDIT: Well underwater the drakes F2 is on par with the jellyfish one, which is kinda annoying when you think about it…. now that i think about it, all the pets underwater have really quick activation on their skills and all of them are pretty powerful.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

Nothing, I love the spear. 1 has an evade like the greatsword, 2 reflects projectiles, 3 I use mostly as a travel skill, just like Swoop on the greatsword, 4 is a counter and a ranged attack, and 5 deals insane AoE damage. It’s great.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope