What would you like to be rangers next wep?

in Ranger

Posted by: Amaranthe.3578

Amaranthe.3578

if it were up to you,which weapon would the next elite spec give?
my choice: rifle/pistol

(edited by Amaranthe.3578)

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I used to want dagger but the new sword kinda took over that functionality.

I want another melee weapon though since we have 4 ranged weapons already and all of our offhands have ranged attacks, so mace or hammer probably. I know everyone loves the thought of a bunny thumper.

There was a expac testing leak that suggested we get dagger. Giving us even more CC on a profession already overloaded with CC may explain not going the bludgeon route.

in Ranger

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Hammer

Why hammer?

Frontline wvw zerg + tank like pets with next exp

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I forgot how ridiculously erotic the GW1 ranger dance was. When I was teaching my wife the emotes in some remote outpost, we started dancing, me as a female ranger and her as a female elementalist and soon a small crowd had gathered to watch us gyrate.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Dagger with a forward leap, or swap hornet sting/monarch leap on sword and give us a hammer.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

I wouldn’t mind a scepter if we had an e-spec with an offensive nature spellcaster thematic. (range spec)

A dagger for an e-spec based around movment and stealth. (melee dps spec)

A hammer/mace/shield for an e-spec where the ranger have to mainly controle the foe while it’s pet wear down the foe. (tanky spec)

A focus for an all purpose e-spec. I kinda fantazize about a focus that gather natural energy to allow us to unleash some skills.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

we are missing main hand weapons. We only have two. So dagger

in Ranger

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

I would definitely rather not have another offhand until we get another mainhand. I’d prefer a mainhand weapon to a two handed weapon so we can get more use out of our existing offhands. I’d like a melee alternative to sword (so mace or dagger) more than I’d like a ranged alternative to axe (scepter, pistol or dagger). While I think hammer would be really cool for some reason the coolness doesn’t transfer over to mace, so… dagger. Hopefully they could do something fun with it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Offhand mace. Can go around clubbing baby quaggan then.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Main hand dagger or hammer please.

in Ranger

Posted by: RagiNagi.1802

RagiNagi.1802

Oh, would be so awesome to have a D/D Ranger available for especially close encounters. Or bring a rifle to the table would be also quite nice to have an ultimate ranged proffession.

Also, what about shield in offhand?

in Ranger

Posted by: Shena Fu.5792

Shena Fu.5792

2 handed great axe. Yeah it’s new weapon to the game. It can be shared by warrior, engineer, and necro (scythe).

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowthejedi.3089

shadowthejedi.3089

Ranger will never get any sort of pistol or rifle. The lore behind the class is nature based and you expect them to throw a random gadget in their? Why don’t we just add a robot pet as well, which would actually be interesting but it simply will not happen.

I’ve been saying it since before season 5, we get dagger main-hand as stealth ranger becomes even more normalized.

Shadow, the legend Myth.
Shadow the Jedi, An Arrogant Samurai, The Legend Myth, One of The Avengers
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/109982102

in Ranger

Posted by: Ider.1276

Ider.1276

I can object. Druid is a nature base spec, not ranger. I always considered ranger as a hunter roaming the wilds. And a main hand dagger is a bad weapon for something like that. Hunter will not try to put down a bear/moose with a dagger if he has any other weapon of choice. Dagger is a anti-human stealth or a ritualistic weapon, not the main weapon of a person who is keen at wilderness survival.
Personally I would prefer a rifle (fully ranger build, yey). And, by the way, the only weapons exlusive to 2 professions are rifle and short bow (others are exlusive to minimum of 3 professions). So I expect some upcoming E-specs to use rifles and shortbows.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Give me a rifle.
I’m going to be a proper park ranger.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in Ranger

Posted by: MachineManXX.9746

MachineManXX.9746

I’d love for them to introduce the Great Axe, and Ranger would be a perfect fit for it. Next to that, it really depends on what direction the next Elite goes. I could see Rifle, dagger or Hammer being fun weapons.

in Ranger

shadowthejedi.3089

Ranger is is a nature based spec and always has been. Look at the sword skill anims. Hornet sting, serpent strike? Druid is hardly anything about nature, it’s more celestial. Just, again, look to the animations and name schemes as proof. It’s gonna be dagger

Shadow, the legend Myth.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cwnannwn.7681

Cwnannwn.7681

It’s gotta be bunny thumper (sadly, warrior’s first elite already has the perfect name for Hammer Ranger)

in Ranger

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

It’s gotta be bunny thumper (sadly, warrior’s first elite already has the perfect name for Hammer Ranger)

To be honest when I think of rangers and hammers my mind immediately goes to the echovald forest and those wardens that used to mess me up so much haha! So if they were making a hammer ranger my ideal would be for it to be themed around them.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Ranger will never get any sort of pistol or rifle. The lore behind the class is nature based and you expect them to throw a random gadget in their? Why don’t we just add a robot pet as well, which would actually be interesting but it simply will not happen.

I’ve been saying it since before season 5, we get dagger main-hand as stealth ranger becomes even more normalized.

This has been rehashed everytime it comes up but to summarize:

1) “Nature” and “gun” are not at odds in any way. The connection there is not even remotely difficult to imagine. This argument has been done to death so I won’t reiterate it.

2) Elite specs change everything. Guardian and longbow don’t go together in my mind. We could easily have a ranger with a scepter or a…. fish hook. It doesn’t matter. Maybe the new elite ranger spec is a “Juggernaut”; that is a tanky frontline fighter wielding a scepter and focus.

in Ranger

shadowthejedi.3089

The thing is, ranger gets dagger main hand. So even if you talk in theory, reality wins.

Shadow, the legend Myth.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

The thing is, ranger gets dagger main hand. So even if you talk in theory, reality wins.

Well that’s the leak, but who knows. The NEXT elite spec could very well be rifle if GW2 is still a thing at that point.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Well, you know, at this point leaks are… merely expectation.

When we were waiting for the first e-specs, there was a whole set of sword skills leaked for elementalist and everybody was obviously expecting a sword for the tempest… It ended up with a war horn.

Although the same leaks that say dagger for the next ranger e-spec expect double dagger for the warrior e-spec that come along. 2 new weapons for a single e-spec is highly unlikely, you could even say that it’s bull****.

At the moment, I doubt that anything leaked is set in stone, perhaps even the next e-spec ain’t settled. Moreover, if we take Anet rythm into account, we should not expect any extension before 2018 with LS3 ending around september/october 2017. If we are lucky, they might start to showcase the next extension features at the end of LS3. An intelligent move from their part would be to release the 2nd extension for christmas 2017 but I highly doubt that they will be “ready” at this date (not to say that at this moment the game will be in it’s golden season of cashsucking festivals.)

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Ranger

Posted by: Agent Mulder.4531

Agent Mulder.4531

I’d like rifle. But what I’d really like is to have the longbow make its way back to the ranger meta. It’s ridiculous that I can’t use my LB for raids/fractals.

in Ranger

Amaranthe.3578

Well that’s the leak, but who knows. The NEXT elite spec could very well be rifle if GW2 is still a thing at that point.

thats a very big if

in Ranger

Amaranthe.3578

I’d like rifle. But what I’d really like is to have the longbow make its way back to the ranger meta. It’s ridiculous that I can’t use my LB for raids/fractals.

according to metabble is meta for frac and raids.whay are u talking aboot?

in Ranger

Posted by: Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

I’ve never understood why they can’t use a rifle, from the impression I get they like weapons that are silent so this may be why the pistol/rifle wasn’t already included. But I do think a shield would make the most sense. Shields were a common armament. And for a ranger it makes perfect sense to me they would use a shield in a fight. If they are common parts of military there is a rich history of bowmen and other ranged fighters having shields for when fighting got close and personal. Their cheap, easy to learn, light, and can make anyone a better fighter with minimal training.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Shotgun Rifle, Shotgun Pistol, or Hammer

Hand cannon > headcanon

Fishsticks

in Ranger

Posted by: AkantorCZ.8952

AkantorCZ.8952

Main hand dagger – knife throwing / backstab assassin
Off hand sword – I am missing hard hitting skill on my weapon swap to be utillised for the Attack of Opportunity + Opening Strike combo.

in Ranger

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

Mainhand Dagger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I would like a melee weapon that doesn’t do crappy damage and need stacked buffs to be competitive.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrury.4627

Chrury.4627

Hmm. I guess I’m the only guy who would want to see shield then.

Hammer would be a close second for me.

in Ranger

Posted by: sevenDEADLY.5281

sevenDEADLY.5281

Spear, on land.

in Ranger

Amaranthe.3578

Spear, on land.

you are right my friend

in Ranger

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

Spear, on land.

+1

Parabrezza

in Ranger

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

I’d like a shield. Why? Because I have a legendary shield. It’s all about me.

Druid brings sustained dps and some support. A shield would make us more effective in melee and support. Would love it.

(edited by BadMed.3846)

in Ranger

Posted by: Djahlat.9610

Djahlat.9610

Spear, on land.

^this

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I’d like a shield. Why? Because I have a legendary shield. It’s all about me.

Druid brings sustained dps and some support. A shield would make us more effective in melee and support. Would love it.

The next weapon will probably be locked to the next specialization the same way staff is to druid. I doubt you’ll be able to run druid with a shield.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Mainhand Dagger.

^

I would like a power-based elite spec focused around frequent sources of fury, stealth, and a trait that grants us increased ferocity for each stack of vulnerability on the enemy.

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Amaranthe.3578

Mainhand Dagger.

^

I would like a power-based elite spec focused around frequent sources of fury, stealth, and a trait that grants us increased ferocity for each stack of vulnerability on the enemy.

shooting is things is more enjoyable

in Ranger

Posted by: sevenDEADLY.5281

sevenDEADLY.5281

I’m not going to pretend I’m a programmer and that I know how difficult it is to create new things in video games, but I’d have to imagine making spear a land weapon wouldn’t be as hard as creating a totally new weapon for example. The assets for spears are already in the game. I’m sure there would have to be animations made for a land based spear but I’d imagine some of them from water and some existing animations could be useful in creating land spear animations. And obviously I could see several classes being able to use spear on land.

in Ranger

Posted by: skystorm.9280

skystorm.9280

I would like to see a very competitive melee weapon (that isn’t a hammer).
GS is a little bit of a let down, just wish it was I dunno just a little sweeter, but hopefully it can reach max potential with the new elite. With that said I am quite hoping to see dagger!

in Ranger

Posted by: borya.2964

borya.2964

Mainhand Dagger.

^

Two handed/main hand (i dont’care) lasso with a 1200 pull and a blast finisher. Thanks.

Coffin Rehearsal X – Bunker Roaming Ranger
Tchuu Tchuu Im A Train [TCHU] – Gandara
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChUmRHtHLgPckvtrPImxK3A

in Ranger

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

rise of the bunny thumpers!

how about scepter for touch ranger? XD

i’d like to see Mainhand Dagger and i’d like it to make the ranger fight feral with rapid attacks, would be awesome along side a cat

in Ranger

Posted by: DoogySnowStalker.2069

DoogySnowStalker.2069

Main-hand dagger, condi focused. I would like the idea of the weapon being power focused, but with our damaged being kitten by the pet, I don’t see power Ranger being a thing unless they revamp pets or make power dagger heavily overtuned.

Is a Warrior just a pet without a Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

Main-hand dagger should be added to the core profession with the main-hand sword skills, and then they can add main-hand and off-hand sword with new skills that don’t move you so much.

As for the weapon, some elite specialization with main-hand and off-hand spear would be awesome.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair