When the coming update disappoints ...

in Ranger

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

What will you do?

I myself made a new thief and got 100% world completion with it along fully geared in exotics, incase ranger doesn’t receive any major changes and stays useless in any serious PvP so that I have a class ready to play and no longer have to worry about rerolling.

I’m tired of waiting for any magical fixes so this is pretty much the last chance I give them for my own ranger.

How about you?

in Ranger

Posted by: Sleepy.2647

Sleepy.2647

And what’s the point of having another 80 full of exotics with 100% map to do “serious PvP” when you can use a lvl 1 char to do “serious PvP”.

If you didn’t notice making a thief wasn’t the best choice looking at how they whine over the forums, they know the nerf bat is comming…and it will strike hard.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.6843

Aomine.6843

What will you do?

I myself made a new thief and got 100% world completion with it along fully geared in exotics, incase ranger doesn’t receive any major changes and stays useless in any serious PvP so that I have a class ready to play and no longer have to worry about rerolling.

I’m tired of waiting for any magical fixes so this is pretty much the last chance I give them for my own ranger.

How about you?

No big deal, training to 80 in GW2 is a fast process.
Currently I’m gearing up other 2 classes atm. (warrior and mesmer)
I do not expect Anet to do anything much since they’re always slow in balancing process anyway. They only care about nerfing the imba ones, not buffing the underpowered ones.
If a class sucks, it’ll be sucky for a very long time. (Like in GW1 it took 4~5 years before Anet realized mesmer and Rit WERE really weak classes in PVE)

(edited by Aomine.6843)

in Ranger

Posted by: zargnath.9524

zargnath.9524

What will I do?

I will keep playing my Ranger cause I still love it.

Gnarl Blackfur – Charr ranger
Bob – Four legged shapeshifter
HeXagonis [HeX]

in Ranger

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

After I’m done complaining on forums…
Probably go back to Oblivion.
SUCH A GOOD GAME (when modded out, FCOM is the kitten).

Rangers have a few decent specs, there are other classes to play too with plenty working setups.
Really lapses in balance I typically can live with in a game (its worse in this conquest setup since it puts so much emphasis on spec itself) but I can manage.
If the rest of the game wasn’t so against what I am looking for in an MMO though….
[another rant for another thread though]

in Ranger

Posted by: Jay.3284

Jay.3284

Have a warrior on the side

But I’d most likely quit due to incompetence and such.

Dungeon Master 8/8 | Fractal 50
80Rng – 80Wa – 80Thief – 80Grd – 80Ele – 80Engi – 80Necro

in Ranger

Posted by: Haya jii san.1978

Haya jii san.1978

If i’m gonna have enough energy i’m gonna reroll, else i’m stopping the game ;D

PS : I’m not joking

in Ranger

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

My Mesmer is already level 55.
Also i have a level 45 Warrior.

So i’m set.

in Ranger

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

Still win 1v1 fights in wvw. Rangers aren’t bad at all.

in Ranger

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

i like my ranger now so even a small change will be welcome
learn how to be better if u struggle at everything and ull be even better if we get a buff
swaping classes won’t help

SFR

in Ranger

Posted by: Falchoin.6152

Falchoin.6152

I’ll likely still play my ranger because I’m stubborn. That and main-hand sword as an asura just looks awesome.

in Ranger

Posted by: Parvati.5780

Parvati.5780

Well, I’m not holding my breath anymore. Much as I adore my Sylvari ranger, I got fed up of QQing and waiting about for the magical, long needed fixes to show up. I used the time to level an Asura engineer to 80 and am just about finished getting its exotic gears setup right, but already the massive critical damage potential plus dungeon support is a lot more fun than the ranger. The nice thing is though, no need to worry about a pet popping out in a jumping puzzle or dungeon and getting me agro killed.

If the the promised patch does fix up a lot of things I’ll un-shelf my ranger and split the play time between it and my engineer. If it doesn’t, I’ve got my engineer. Whatever will be will be really.

in Ranger

Posted by: Luriyu.6873

Luriyu.6873

I’ll likely still play my ranger because I’m stubborn. That and main-hand sword as an asura just looks awesome.

i love my ranger, and honestly i love to struggle (i’m just weird that way) for everything i get. every kill i earn is because i put time and effort, and because i had much better situational awareness and timing then your easy-mode thief, or a full set up mesmer.

i’ll stick with my ranger, because i feel the need to master it before starting a new one.

in Ranger

Posted by: Division.9618

Division.9618

i love my ranger, and honestly i love to struggle (i’m just weird that way) for everything i get. every kill i earn is because i put time and effort, and because i had much better situational awareness and timing then your easy-mode thief, or a full set up mesmer.

i’ll stick with my ranger, because i feel the need to master it before starting a new one.

If this game was 100% skill i would do that too. Right now all i can think is how bad it will be when i hit the skill ceiling.

in Ranger

Posted by: Loki.4871

Loki.4871

Depends what you’re expecting. I’m expecting some bugfixes, spirits and general utility skills (hello Signet of the Hunt) getting buffed up. Ideally longbow damage too, since the shortbow’s flat out better at the moment, but if anyone’s expecting something stupidly drastic that flies in the face of the class concept (Stow pet for buffs and matching warrior damage anyone?) then I expect they’ll be disappointed.

in Ranger

Posted by: swilkers.5938

swilkers.5938

Depends what you’re expecting. I’m expecting some bugfixes, spirits and general utility skills (hello Signet of the Hunt) getting buffed up. Ideally longbow damage too, since the shortbow’s flat out better at the moment, but if anyone’s expecting something stupidly drastic that flies in the face of the class concept (Stow pet for buffs and matching warrior damage anyone?) then I expect they’ll be disappointed.

At this pace, the class will be “fixed” in ten updates.

Blackgate Server
Charr – Ranger
Human – Guardian

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

If this game was 100% skill i would do that too. Right now all i can think is how bad it will be when i hit the skill ceiling.

I can tell ya, Ive already mastered ranger and reached the highest lvl of skill that you can for pvp imo. Ranger still lacks. Im confident anet will give us the desired changes and fixes to make us competent but until then I rarely log on. Im waiting for the change, if they are up to par like Im sure they will be Im gonna lvl ranger non stop and start focusing on WvW, lots more action there than tpvp since queue times are so long.

if the buffs and fixes dont live up to my expectations Ill just lvl a rifle warrior, they are the next best thing in my quest for the ultimate sniper, actually they are more sniperish but I prefere archers.

in Ranger

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

If they fix issues with pets, some of the utility skills and the trait lines which are stiffing build variety, then this will be good enough for me.

Anyone expecting weapon damage buffs will be disappointed…

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

in Ranger

Posted by: Hadrians.4567

Hadrians.4567

Still win 1v1 fights in wvw. Rangers aren’t bad at all.

Rly? vs bad Players requires no Skill

in Ranger

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

I’ll probably keep pawning noobs in spvp, getting owned by anyone half decent and complain on the forums as usual.

But I’m not expecting any radical changes, so even a few improvements will be welcome-if they really are improvements. I’m still a bit worried about further possible “animation fixes”……

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

The more I play other classes the more I believe the ranger needs a redesign. Weapon skills feel bad. Spamming one makes sense on so many of them, everything else is so situational there’s little incentive to use them. I can’t beleive they said they want to keep the accidental shortbow nerf because the old form encouraged spamming the one skill, when they didn’t give us any more incentive to use the other skills (poison I find beneficial to have up all the time so I use it in closer range when I can, the dodge back was always going to be used as an evade even with the pre-nerf crossfire, the same goes for the snare and the interupt – all those skills are used in the same situations now as they were before). I don’t think the person who nerfed the shortbow understood how the shortbow plays. Most of the skills were situational and the same effort a guardian puts into choosing which weapon skill to use is probably less than the effort a ranger goes through to position themselves correctly with crossfire. Even all you do is spam it, it’s one of the more complicated DPS weapon skills in the game.

Utilities are just awful. So many of them are downright boring. Spirits suck and I can’t see how they will make them comparable to shouts given they thought the current design was appropriate. Traps are awkward to use when traited, the range is so short and they become your DPS skills but on your off bar, which leaves you with no utility utilities.

I play the game a lot. I was going to be a ranger main before the class was ever announced (I was a ranger main in GW1 until I gave up on the pet). I loved that the pet was more important in GW2. I am constantly let down by how often the pet becomes my worst enemy and not my best friend. Poor AI, aggroing mobs when I jump platforms and it takes the long way around, triggering blossoms like a revolving death cloud in TA regardless of whether it’s dead, alive, on standby or resing someone else. Bringing in extra AoE targets to my location (because bosses will target both my pet and myself meaning if I don’t dodge out, or I can’t, I get hit twice) or just dieing instantly and constantly against every single big damage boss in the game, regardless of what you do (in combat, standby, swapping when red rings appear, ranged pets, tanky pets – they all die to big AoE mobs in dungeons).