Posted by: Avonna.2140

Avonna.2140

i know exactly what your saying.

I am a gamer!

When there is a hunter nerf...

in Ranger

Posted by: Miiro.3124

Miiro.3124

eles lost RTL and the world has to stop while thieves get whatever they want.

[SAV] Miiro 80 Ranger
Jade Quarry Champion Hunter
Solo/Small man WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

This nerf doesn’t even make sense. There are tonnes of videos showing warriors, mesmers and guardians speed clearing content, there are no videos showing short bow rangers speed clearing content. The most powerful sPvP build for the ranger was the BM bunker and the vast majority of them didn’t even use a shortbow. No-one was complaining about the shortbow because it wasn’t an OP weapon. Now it’s probably the second worst ranged weapon in the game (behind the mesmer scepter). It’s certainly the worst bow (perhaps only behind the longbow, the thief shortbow is far superior now that they have the same range). At this rate I wouldn’t be surprised if the axe got a range nerf “to differentiate it from the shortbow”.

The only nerf targeted at the powerful ranger build was the pet DPS nerf, which is an across the board hit to every single ranger build in the game (because of a single build) regardless of how they build. The rest of the nerfs hit mediocre builds which just got worse.

in Ranger

Posted by: Miiro.3124

Miiro.3124

actually at max range with a longbow you do about the same damage as a short bow while flanking still. sooooooo pick your poison.

[SAV] Miiro 80 Ranger
Jade Quarry Champion Hunter
Solo/Small man WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Zsymon.8457

Zsymon.8457

It seems they just looked at which pets were used almost exclusively, and then nerfed
those pets into the ground to try and get rangers to use other pets as well. They didn’t
want to upgrade useless pets because of “power creep”.

Reminds me of the crossfire nerf, so people wouldn’t “spam auto attack” so much. I did
not know what I was reading when they used the term “spam” in relation to crossfire,
considering it is the only shortbow skill that does some damage.

(edited by Zsymon.8457)

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

They nerfed devourers. Devourers, moas and pigs. They didn’t pick pets people used, they just nerfed them all except for the handful that did less damage than necro minions.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zsymon.8457

Zsymon.8457

The popular pets got nerfed the hardest though.

But yeah I don’t understand why they nerfed pets at all, what could be the reason?

Ranger damage is already “balanced” around pet damage, so why would they want
to nerf pet damage? It’s not like rangers were doing too much damage.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

I guess Anet felt that rangers weren’t underpowered enough.

in Ranger

Posted by: Arc.7346

Arc.7346

Such a drastic nerf.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cuchullain.3104

Cuchullain.3104

you know its because Mages QQed.

It was valid in that other mmo, its still valid here

Which is why hundreds of thousands of ex-hunters no longer play that other MMO and why a lot of rangers will soon be dropping this kitten pile for the next MMO to come along.

Abet is following the same process of ubernerfing the weakest, most broken class into the ground while refusing to fix longstanding bugs and broken mechanics, all while buffing the OP classes to the sky, making them boring 3-shot faceroll gods. In the end there was no fun class to play in that other MMO because you were either the redheaded stepchild or the abusive stepfather, but never on equal terms with your opponent unless he was of a similar weak or powerful class.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cuchullain.3104

Cuchullain.3104

They nerfed devourers. Devourers, moas and pigs. They didn’t pick pets people used, they just nerfed them all except for the handful that did less damage than necro minions.

Well, the moa was deadly to thieves and mesmers. Ever watch a moa peck a thief to death? It is a hideous sight, especially when you just fought three of them with your wolf’s ever-reliable F2 skill fearing them away, and then finishing off the survivors with your moa. Just ask Robert Hrouda, who always uses wolf F2 against thieves.

With the 7 percent nerf. I trust WvW will now be 7 percent safer for thieves and mesmers, who desperately needed some balance in battle against this rarely-used but uber-powerful pet.

We still have the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog though, which the devs in their foolishness forgot to nerf. I can take on a platoon of guardians with that thing.

I see another nerf incoming.