When will Irenio begin commenting?

in Ranger

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

He said he was excited to finally begin communicating about Ranger and Druid. Is he going to pop in soon?

Thanks Gaile!

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

He’s probably too busy getting yelled at for trying to give rangers nice things.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

I still find it so amazing how A-net has not grown and started better communication with its customers.

This kind of stagnation only hurts the players and A-nets ability to stay relevant.

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Maybe at/after BWE3. We can’t really comment on the Druid without trying it out.

Especially Celestial Form. We don’t know how often we can use that for example. Traited it might be all the condition removal we need, or it will be so rare that you can’t rely on it, or somewhere in between.

I hope Wilderness Survival won’t be required anymore.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

Doubt he ever will in any true meaningful way. There has never been a dev that has consistently communicated with the Ranger community. This is probably why the class still is fatally flawed after 3 years.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

in Ranger

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

Maybe at/after BWE3. We can’t really comment on the Druid without trying it out.

Especially Celestial Form. We don’t know how often we can use that for example. Traited it might be all the condition removal we need, or it will be so rare that you can’t rely on it, or somewhere in between.

I hope Wilderness Survival won’t be required anymore.

It still boggles the mind that both of our only reliable condi cleanse traits are in the same line. Especially when it makes a ton more sense thematically for EB to be in BM, and Axe trait in WS.

in Ranger

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

I still find it so amazing how A-net has not grown and started better communication with its customers.

This kind of stagnation only hurts the players and A-nets ability to stay relevant.

You have to be careful as a developer though. Take the recent tweet that Raid’s were tuned against ascended stats. So much hate and arguments it has caused. In some ways, if we did;t know how hard the fights had been tuned, would it have mattered? Probably not.

Developers like Irenio are often better off making as few comments as possible because as soon as we, the player base get something (even if it isn;t tangible), we automatically assume that was a given and now they’ve taken it away from us.

It’s a bit like, not having something and then it disappears doesn’t hurt like having said something and then it being taken away. A great example was WHaO, the high boon time was very gimmicky and not super beneficial to Rangers because of the stuff you had to give up to use it, but mechanically infinite quickness etc was game breaking. What Ranger’s are most angry about is not the “fix” but the fact you gave it to Ranger’s then took it away within a day. Why wasn’t this tested properly?

I’m not saying Dev’s can’t communicate better, but I do understand that sometimes too much info can cause more problems.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

You have to be careful as a developer though. Take the recent tweet that Raid’s were tuned against ascended stats. So much hate and arguments it has caused. In some ways, if we did;t know how hard the fights had been tuned, would it have mattered? Probably not.

Developers like Irenio are often better off making as few comments as possible because as soon as we, the player base get something (even if it isn;t tangible), we automatically assume that was a given and now they’ve taken it away from us.

It’s a bit like, not having something and then it disappears doesn’t hurt like having said something and then it being taken away. A great example was WHaO, the high boon time was very gimmicky and not super beneficial to Rangers because of the stuff you had to give up to use it, but mechanically infinite quickness etc was game breaking. What Ranger’s are most angry about is not the “fix” but the fact you gave it to Ranger’s then took it away within a day. Why wasn’t this tested properly?

I’m not saying Dev’s can’t communicate better, but I do understand that sometimes too much info can cause more problems.

That is an example of not enough info, not the opposite.

Regarding the OP question – its either going to be during the weekend or after the beta.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Are you kidding? If he posted today or yesterday he would get flamed so hard by this community for no actual reason. He has given the Ranger good changes and yet everyone here would want his head because of this stupid WHaO debacle. I don’t think it’s any surprise that the debs don’t want to post on the forums bc people just scream bloody murder all the time. Have you seen how a lot of the guardian or thief community for example treats Karl when he posts there? Would get annoying real quick when you’re just trying to help.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Chicho Gosho.6507

Are you kidding? If he posted today or yesterday he would get flamed so hard by this community for no actual reason. He has given the Ranger good changes and yet everyone here would want his head because of this stupid WHaO debacle. I don’t think it’s any surprise that the debs don’t want to post on the forums bc people just scream bloody murder all the time. Have you seen how a lot of the guardian or thief community for example treats Karl when he posts there? Would get annoying real quick when you’re just trying to help.

If you look at Gaile’s posts you will see that they are followed with positive comments.

in Ranger

Dradiin.8935

I think that the devs for A-net can flip the script an take on a different approach with its community.

I have to point out City State Entertainment, these guys communicate about everything and it really builds a wonderful relationship between the developers and the player base (not advertising for them but they are truly pioneers in this aspect).

I do agree with you that what the devs say needs to be tempered or maybe filtered by maybe a community relations person, but umm i really think A-net makes enough money to hire a few people to handle that. At least we would get more conversation.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

If you look at Gaile’s posts you will see that they are followed with positive comments.

Actually there were quite a few people responding to her demanding that the actual devs post and not her. Ofc most people are nice to Gaile, she poses no target for anyone to direct their ire at. A balance dev on the other hand would be bombarded with hateful statements and whining.

in Ranger

Kitty.1502

Actually there were quite a few people responding to her demanding that the actual devs post and not her. Ofc most people are nice to Gaile, she poses no target for anyone to direct their ire at. A balance dev on the other hand would be bombarded with hateful statements and whining.

Dev doesn’t even need to speak to specific people, a post detailing how they plan to fix rangers would go a long way. Right now we have been sitting in the dark for 3 years, and people like me are getting annoyed because while we sit and wait to be fixed for years others are not only getting fixed they are getting a road map.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Dev doesn’t even need to speak to specific people, a post detailing how they plan to fix rangers would go a long way. Right now we have been sitting in the dark for 3 years, and people like me are getting annoyed because while we sit and wait to be fixed for years others are not only getting fixed they are getting a road map.

No, no, no you don’t understand. They don’t have to address specific people because no matter what they say half of this forum will cry. And then if the devs actually wanted to have meaningful discussion with some people, they wouldn’t be able to do so because all the haters would flock to the thread and nuke it with vitriol.

Imagine if you’re looking for feedback on a certain change, but every other post brings up some unrelated garbage that detracts from real discussion and makes it difficult to both read through and differentiate legitimate feedback from feedback of salty people.

Not to mention the fact that I don’t think they necessarily want to hear feedback from the same people who are complaining so much about WHaO, when in the devs opinion it was clearly not working as they intended it to. All that shows is that a lot of people on this board would be ok with making unchecked changes to the class that could easily be unbalanced and very unobjectively supported.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Let’s face it, Irenio seems to be in a very weak position compared to let’s say Roy.
He is just not in power in regards to decisions made for the ranger.

We know that the druid specialization had more than one aspect but it was cut down to what we have now, healing only, totally unrelated to the ranger profession, totally artifical and totally niche. Irenio even said that he was working super hard for the last two weeks before reveal to make the druid somehow working, but the question is, what has he done since the announcement of druid ages ago. What was his vision of the druid. We will never know…

Then we had the “We Fail for One” fiasco. It is like Irenio got slapped in the face by Roy for doing something by himself.

It scares me to think about what will happen to the druid specialization after the beta weekend. It will get butchered, it will be even more useless in 99% of the game and it will just stay that way till, well, till forever.

What’s next is a lot of rangers complaining, a DEV not responding and probably abandoning the profession and we will start at zero with the next expansion.

What a bright future.

in Ranger

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

He gave Rangers 24 hours of a useful skill. My guess is that he’s been fired…

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

He’s probably too busy getting yelled at for trying to give rangers nice things.

or he got fired for this reason

in Ranger

Posted by: Kailee.8790

Kailee.8790

Agree with ya guys, “How dare you bring rangers semi close to the meta, you are fired!”
=.=

in Ranger

Zatoichi.1049

I don’t think anyone would blame irenio, I think at this point we all know Roy was in charge of the nerf, and it was most likely Irenio that did the buff. In the eyes of the ranger community, Irenio is a good man

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

I don’t think anyone would blame irenio, I think at this point we all know Roy was in charge of the nerf, and it was most likely Irenio that did the buff. In the eyes of the ranger community, Irenio is a good man

Or people would see the Red and treat it like blood in the water. It has happened all too many times in the past and I see no reason why it wouldn’t happen again.

in Ranger

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

Regarding the OP question – its either going to be during the weekend or after the beta.

Actually, not sure I agree. If they didn’t tell us anything about how raids were tuned and we just walked in their and got beaten badly, most people would have shrugged their shoulders and gone, wow these are gonna be a challenge. Nobody would have batted an eye lid at whether they were tuned for ascended or exotic.

By mentioning that they were tuned to ascended, their’s a huge outcry that they’re restricting content without even testing it. A lot of people are planning full exo runs, they might even be successful.

The part I do agree with, is once Reid mentioned it, she should have clarified what she meant. But the point still stands, she really did’t have to mention it.

I don;t want to detract this thread any more from what the OP want to hear.

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Irenio didn’t do anything wrong. We did warn that the We Heal as One buff sounded OP on paper, but I guess they didn’t read the comments on the Ranger forum.

Boon sharing between Ranger and his pet is definitely something that’s needed, so I hope Irenio came up with the change because that sounds promising.

However, Roy just nerfed it into the ground and now there will probably be 3 years of silence on the topic rather than the fix it needs.

in Ranger

Kitty.1502

Irenio didn’t do anything wrong. We did warn that the We Heal as One buff sounded OP on paper, but I guess they didn’t read the comments on the Ranger forum.

Boon sharing between Ranger and his pet is definitely something that’s needed, so I hope Irenio came up with the change because that sounds promising.

However, Roy just nerfed it into the ground and now there will probably be 3 years of silence on the topic rather than the fix it needs.

3 years if we are lucky, its been over 3 years for pet fixes they’ve been silent about now.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]

in Ranger

Chicho Gosho.6507

Actually, not sure I agree. If they didn’t tell us anything about how raids were tuned and we just walked in their and got beaten badly, most people would have shrugged their shoulders and gone, wow these are gonna be a challenge. Nobody would have batted an eye lid at whether they were tuned for ascended or exotic.

By mentioning that they were tuned to ascended, their’s a huge outcry that they’re restricting content without even testing it. A lot of people are planning full exo runs, they might even be successful.

The part I do agree with, is once Reid mentioned it, she should have clarified what she meant. But the point still stands, she really did’t have to mention it.

I don;t want to detract this thread any more from what the OP want to hear.

I was talking about your WHaO example, but for the raids it’s the same. Because the tweet was out of place/without context people assumed that you cannon finish the raid without full asc/legendary sets. As it turns outs asc is just recommended, but because nobody talked us that people freaked out.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zoef.2761

Zoef.2761

I guess their policy is to wait until all the uproar has blown over. Then it will be back to business as usual and they’ll pretend the whole thing has never happened. I really feel insulted by the speed of the nerf for WHAO compared for instance to the long period of time ele’s could run around with an OP ice bow. Warhorn 5 gets 3 stacks of might after three years lol. Warr can stack 25 might party-wide for how long now? Pets get condition damage after three years lol. Should i be grateful for this treatment? Not really. I think it’s pathetic. U wont save a starving dog by throwing him a bone occasionally. It seems that we got a steak by accident yesterday. Guess it’s back to bones again. Business as usual.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Hit the nail on the head right there.

Why would anyone want to come and communicate with people with out of control emotions and no logic that just post insane non-productive rubbish, constantly? Would you? No. There you are.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I think while Roy was the one to implement the change it was likely at Peters direction.
That being said the ranger community puts up with things a lot better than most of the other profession, even those most other profession get some warning and time to discuss changes instead of hasty knee-jerk reactions.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I think while Roy was the one to implement the change it was likely at Peters direction.
That being said the ranger community puts up with things a lot better than most of the other profession, even those most other profession get some warning and time to discuss changes instead of hasty knee-jerk reactions.

John Peters isn’t with ANet anymore.

in Ranger

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

Or people would see the Red and treat it like blood in the water. It has happened all too many times in the past and I see no reason why it wouldn’t happen again.

At this point the only person who needs to calm down is you. You’re over reacting. Thief community was about has toxic as the rangers forum yesterday but when Karl posted a comment everyone behaved. So will we, we just want a Dev to reply is all.

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Good riddance to bad rubbish

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

At this point the only person who needs to calm down is you. You’re over reacting. Thief community was about has toxic as the rangers forum yesterday but when Karl posted a comment everyone behaved. So will we, we just want a Dev to reply is all.

I’ll “calm down”, although I can assure you I am very calm, when I stop getting flamed by people on this board who insult me constantly, disregard evidence when I provide it and proceed to call me a liar because they don’t agree with the facts that I provide, or tell me to go back to another class forum despite the fact that Ranger is the class I have logged 99% play time on, and yet am able to remain partial and unbiased. These are the same people, mind you, who flocked to the forums and moaned and groaned when Druid was announced for reasons like “this isn’t WoW”, or “I don’t want to be a healer”, and overall dismissed the spec without even giving it a chance to work.

These people don’t actually care about the WHaO issue, they are just using it as leverage to prop up their argument and justify the extreme QQ directed at Anet.

in Ranger

Zatoichi.1049

what happened?

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

what happened?

Peters left to join another company around June. He hasn’t been at Anet for awhile.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

I’ll “calm down”, although I can assure you I am very calm, when I stop getting flamed by people on this board who insult me constantly, disregard evidence when I provide it and proceed to call me a liar because they don’t agree with the facts that I provide, or tell me to go back to another class forum despite the fact that Ranger is the class I have logged 99% play time on, and yet am able to remain partial and unbiased. These are the same people, mind you, who flocked to the forums and moaned and groaned when Druid was announced for reasons like “this isn’t WoW”, or “I don’t want to be a healer”, and overall dismissed the spec without even giving it a chance to work.

These people don’t actually care about the WHaO issue, they are just using it as leverage to prop up their argument and justify the extreme QQ directed at Anet.

Yea I saw, though I’m quite indifferent to all those arguments.. You should too, you’re fighting very enraged players who are at the end of their wits with Rangers… No one is going to win.
I’m just waiting for the other shoe to drop whether it’s mass revolution by the Rangers community or just forgetting about it and back to normal. I was quite mad about the change too but now what the hell am I gonna do at this point but to watch it burn to hell or just live with it. I am certainly looking forward to how this will end

in Ranger

Dradiin.8935

Hit the nail on the head right there.

Why would anyone want to come and communicate with people with out of control emotions and no logic that just post insane non-productive rubbish, constantly? Would you? No. There you are.

Why should we continue to be silent and rage free when this has gone on for 3 years ?

When do we stop being the cowed sheep and get kittened about the neglect ?

I understand you got temp banned for saying things out of anger and frustration, but enough is enough.

Rangers need a serious fix, Druid is not a fix for a Ranger, Druid is basically a whole separate class.

I agree that you attract more bees with honey, but when the bees refuse to smell the honey its time for some vinegar.

in Ranger

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

They don’t have to address specific people because no matter what they say half of this forum will cry. And then if the devs actually wanted to have meaningful discussion with some people, they wouldn’t be able to do so because all the haters would flock to the thread and nuke it with vitriol.

Truth.

Just the fact that we have this thread and several other threads on the first page of the Ranger forums calling out devs is a reason for them to not show up. These passive aggressive threads are not how you invite others into having a discussion with you. Dont blame the devs for not showing up, blame yourselves.

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

(edited by Leodon.1564)

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

He could at least come in and explain the reasoning behind Ranger getting the ‘gotta get dat wow money’ role tacked on.

in Ranger

Dradiin.8935

They don’t have to address specific people because no matter what they say half of this forum will cry. And then if the devs actually wanted to have meaningful discussion with some people, they wouldn’t be able to do so because all the haters would flock to the thread and nuke it with vitriol.

Truth.

Just the fact that we have this thread and several other threads on the first page of the Ranger forums calling out devs is a reason for them to not show up. These passive aggressive threads are not how you invite others into having a discussion with you. Dont blame the devs for not showing up, blame yourselves.

3 years… when is enough … ENOUGH ?

Seriously ?

Don’t blame the devs, who else is to blame ? We the players ? The problems with Ranger is because of the complete acceptance by the Ranger community to be complacent and allow the repeated neglect by the devs.

Something needs to change, and being silent and accepting has not worked in over 3 years.

If a dev can come in here and tell me what i can do as a player to get positive movement towards a decent Ranger, a Ranger that can be apart of High end Meta, be just as sought after as any other class, i will gladly follow there advice.

As it is, what has been done in the past has resulted in even worse than neglect, from watching Roy in a Youtube video he thinks the Ranger is funny, and he was the person who told us the “Ranger Community” that we needed to be nerfed, on twitter.

(edited by Dradiin.8935)