When will they really fix rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: scirocco.9805

scirocco.9805

This bandaid fix that will really only help glasscannon specs its not nearly enough, everyone I atack can take my damage np at all, and as soon as they atack me back I cant like they just absorb the damage I die instantly. Everyone seem to be doing the same damage as me and has atleast 10 times my defense. And no its not a l2p issue I have been playing for 2 years. The lack of defens on the class just have me stomped how can they even allow it.

Waiting for the linux port, wine makes my computer burn..

in Ranger

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

If you play glass cannon ranger, dont expect much in defence. Every class is the same. In fact, with the right skills sloted, we can survive longer than some zerker classes. Not a class issue.

If you played for 2 years you should know that long ago.

in Ranger

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

15 seconds of quickness together with 12 seconds of invulnerability

Which other prof has that?

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

which ranger has that?

6 sec from a 60 (48) second CD utility
3 sec from a BM GM trait on a 16 sec CD
2×3 sec possibly from sigil if RNG favors you…. (and if you use that sigil, you are dead)

i repeat – whatever ranger sets out for a xxxx6 2x invuln + QZ utility – you are such a bad scrub you deserve to get rekt. And if the enemy cannot kill you, they deserve to LOSE.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

The signet change is not just for gc as they could have use them anyway. While some rangers many not have been around when BM build were at there strongest there is a benefit to running a non meta build.

A strong offence can be a good defense. Each weapon has some kind of defense.
Control is a rangers second best friend. While the rapid fire buff is great by itself its nothing. Control your target fear it, kd it then unleash and then control him some more.

Timing is everything. Attention to detail is key. Be aware that your build won’t have an equal chance against everyone. Even If you face another player with your build you still may get destroyed. Some people are just better than you but that doesn’t mean you can’t get better.

All classes have problems they all have bugs they all need fixes some more than others, but If your still struggling the problem is you. Your play style may not be compatible with your build. Take a look at yourself and figure out your weaknesses. Develop and build you cover them and don’t listen to xxxxxxxx on the forum when they say this is a garbage build or trait. If its working for you the use it, if its not they try something else that fits your style.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

(edited by Serraphin Storm.2369)

in Ranger

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Time played is not relevant to skill.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

From a WvW perspective, the problems with the class have not improved. Rangers are still ostracized and completely irrelevant. On one hand I have seen some Rangers in GvGs since patch. On the downside, they’re still steamrolled and taken out of the fight in the first 10 seconds :/

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

Time played is not relevant to skill.

this can never be repeated enough times.

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

From a WvW perspective, the problems with the class have not improved. Rangers are still ostracized and completely irrelevant. On one hand I have seen some Rangers in GvGs since patch. On the downside, they’re still steamrolled and taken out of the fight in the first 10 seconds :/

because people AIM to destroy them.

If you take 10-15 vs 1 GWEN class, any GWEN class will be instantly oblitterated or, in best case, a warrior/ele can surive a few seconds with stances/mist form.

You can not bring JUST ONE ranger. You need 2-3. Not because of the composition, but because if there is ONE ranger, it will stick out like a sore thumb and get focused accordingly

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

12s of continuous quickness, not 15.

1. Stow pet
2. In combat (procs BM GM)
3. After 3s, switch pets (procs BM GM)
4. Utility

Theres a 3s or so delay before you can switch pets again.

in Ranger

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

This bandaid fix that will really only help glasscannon specs its not nearly enough, everyone I atack can take my damage np at all, and as soon as they atack me back I cant like they just absorb the damage I die instantly. Everyone seem to be doing the same damage as me and has atleast 10 times my defense. And no its not a l2p issue I have been playing for 2 years. The lack of defens on the class just have me stomped how can they even allow it.

If you want defense ranger has some of the best in the game.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in Ranger

Posted by: Klonko.8341

Klonko.8341

Well for defense, ranger has it… I can do 1vs3 as zerker and down someone and maybe stomp him and survive… All the defense is in the traits. All offense is there too so make your choice.

Raining Rainbows lvl 80 ranger ~~~~~ SBI server

in Ranger

Posted by: Fiorrello.8126

Fiorrello.8126

I think one of the best things they could do to fix the ranger, make it more fun and open up build diversity is to give the ranger class its own version of fast hands.

Make martial mastery take off 2-3 seconds on the weapon swap. If you use rune of the warrior you basically have fast hands. If not its still a really good trait.

Rangers could be more flexible in combat for both damage types and it would make ranger more fun to play. It would also help ranger survivability by giving them more access to weapon skills they need to survive.

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

12s of continuous quickness, not 15.

1. Stow pet
2. In combat (procs BM GM)
3. After 3s, switch pets (procs BM GM)
4. Utility

Theres a 3s or so delay before you can switch pets again.

+ rage sigil = 15 sec

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

condi and beastmaster builds were buffed too…

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

which ranger has that?

2×3 sec possibly from sigil if RNG favors you…. (and if you use that sigil, you are dead)

i repeat – whatever ranger sets out for a xxxx6 2x invuln + QZ utility – you are such a bad scrub you deserve to get rekt. And if the enemy cannot kill you, they deserve to LOSE.

Right. Not referring to this specifically, but when people talk about OP “invincible” builds that just one shot everyone, I throw up a little, because I wonder what would happen to them if they encountered a real ranger build that isn’t just a one trick pony and can sustain themselves while doing sustained damage.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

which ranger has that?

Right. Not referring to this specifically, but when people talk about OP “invincible” builds that just one shot everyone, I throw up a little, because I wonder what would happen to them if they encountered a real ranger build that isn’t just a one trick pony and can sustain themselves while doing sustained damage.

They get destroyed. If you are going to run LB in PvP you are better off with a celestial amulet and a good rune set. Don’t go for the easy max damage build, you will get slaughtered by skilled players. I’ve been trashing the new LB ranger “meta” for the past week with predator’s onslaught, S/T and SB. I am starting to feel bad for teams when they get stuck with one. Try celestial amulet a good rune set. LB has great control and decent damage.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in Ranger

Posted by: scirocco.9805

scirocco.9805

Well I still havent read one valid point, do some spvp and see for yourself, I think u are running wvw or something where ranger is extremly op since there u can get survability and damage. We still have the lowest survability in game is spvp, and yes that is as a glasscannon since no other spec is viable atm, one change of sigil and I loose half my damage its not working. We just lack survability skills, sure sigil of stone is good, but u still die after u use it most of the itme since u have to give up your condition removal for it.

Waiting for the linux port, wine makes my computer burn..

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

Well I still havent read one valid point, do some spvp and see for yourself, I think u are running wvw or something where ranger is extremly op since there u can get survability and damage. We still have the lowest survability in game is spvp, and yes that is as a glasscannon since no other spec is viable atm, one change of sigil and I loose half my damage its not working. We just lack survability skills, sure sigil of stone is good, but u still die after u use it most of the itme since u have to give up your condition removal for it.

been playing PvP exclusively for months now. Ranger pre and post patch, even in full glass, is not as squishy as one would think. Albeit, i do not build 66xxx (like most idiots) i build 62600 (yeah, dat passive condi cleanse). Because i recognize that a full glass build HAVE a weakness (or several really).

in Ranger

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

Wait what? Ranger have the lowest survivability? The lowest?
A class that was designed as sustained dmg dealer aka a good dmg dealer with nice survivability and was nerfed some balances ago for the reason of “a bit too much survivability” has the lowest in game?
All our blade weapons just have a low cd evade, a signet and a shout for each 6s dmg invul (so many have no other class). Alone 6 in WS makes it for us quite easy with a bit skill to survive bigger combats.
Rangers are great in sustain, i mean look at all or past metas in wvw/pvp: spirit, shout, BM, trapper, all work with 6 in WS and work as good functioning bunker and sustainer so… i cant see any reason for your sentence

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

If Rangers had strong survivability they would have a pressence in GvGs and would have had a better standing in WvW. A lot of the survivability for the class revolves around dueling/small scale combat and it’s more in favor of a condi/sustain than power option.

in Ranger

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

even i have zero interest in GvG i think the main reasons why rangers arent in WvW are the GWEN meta, the stubborn opinion of a lot of commanders that rangers have no zerg support and the main reason is the old opinion “GOOOOD REROLL SOMETHING USEFUL”. Oh and do not forget that GvG is – when we see it simple – AoE vs AoE. and Rangers are just not designed for real AoE.
Anet designed the rangers like they wanted and not around WvW. The players designed their own WvW around things that rangers do not perfectly fit into.
So the whole argument around “If Rangers had….then they would in WvW blabla” is for me just no argument thats worth even listen to.
Bring arguments that prove rangers have less survivability outside the situation of 1vX like in wvw

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

in Ranger

Posted by: sirian.4981

sirian.4981

LB/GS ranger is amazing in group WvW. You wait till someone reaches 3/4 to half HP then burst them to downed. You also have a 1500 range AoE cripple for chasing enemies down or delaying an enemy zerg. Plus GS gives you good mobility. We may not be the best class(if thats the concern half your group should be elementalists), but we are useful.

Now, rangers are terrible for solo roaming yeah.

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

As the gentleman says. I play only wvw and now the ranger is funny but still not usefull. Bad players start to panic when they see the lot of numbers flashing from rapid fire but thats all. Pets still useless

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+