Which 3 pets need the most work?

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

So, I was just curious which 3 pets (families) need the most work, why you think that, and what you’d change (vaguely or specifically) about them.

This is more just to see what people think than anything, try to be at least a LITTLE serious with ideas instead of being all “lawlz my bear shoulda insta kill people”.

Personally, I think pigs, bears, and Devourers need the most help, personally I think all tanky pets (pigs, bears, drakes, Devourers) should all do less damage than other pets BUT should cleave to make their tankyness a bit more useful, or in the Devourers case pierce.

Additionally I’d personally like to see Bears Bite work more like a Phantasmal Defender, instead of healing it should grant retal and redirect a small % of damage to the bear from other sources (I was thinking 5-10%) for X seconds, this would cause retal to proc from the bear anytime anyone got damage directed to the bear (like phantasmal defender does with retal active) and out the bears tankyness to use.

Boars I feel like need their tusk skill changed in some way (their charge is really strong when it lands so I would feel weird asking for it to be buffed) and their auto just sucks in damage.

Devourer I feel should have more utility (higher % to poison on autos please) instead of purely self survival skills.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Bears are 100000% obsolete since the pet health buff. Devoureres got screwed by I think it was the same update, so are 100000% inferior to spiders. Porcines have potential, but the downside is just stupid. You can literally buff your opponent using a pig….

So I agree with your suggestions. I can think of situations where I’ve used every other pet, or at least the animal type. (Not too fond of shark, but it’s ok, and who cares about underwater.)

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Actually devourer downfall was the pet dmg nerf, Devourers got nerfed by 20% and spiders were BUFFED by 10%, cause kitten thinking

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Actually devourer downfall was the pet dmg nerf, Devourers got nerfed by 20% and spiders were BUFFED by 10%, cause kitten thinking

Ya that’s what I meant but I think you were right they were different updates. Man I wish we had our dangerous pets back.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

Cat’s – there attack animations or range could be a bit better so they connect a bit more

Devourers – i not to sure what needs to be different but i have never found a practical use them, where i want them over some thing else. the retreat skill can be problematic.

Pigs – there F2 could be rethought a bit, may be make it appear i you hand instead of have to see it a pick it up.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

Bears, seriously why are bears so weak DPS wise? Bears could kill like 95% of the animals we can tame. I’m unsure how a bird out puts more dps than a 800 pound animal that could break bones with a bite and can swipe with massive paws etc.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Birds with that stupid swiftness cast dumping their damage down the toilet. Moas with the uncontrolable heal

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Birds with that stupid swiftness cast dumping their damage down the toilet. Moas with the uncontrolable heal

The swiftness is nice for melee rangers not using offhand warhorn. I use a bird on my s/a gs roamer. Birds and cats are very similar; cats are already the bird with no swiftness.

Moas use their heal either on themselves or when an ally is in range and injured. Not entirely controllable, but not entirely uncontrollable.

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Honestly speaking, any pet that has a F2 ability with a cast time longer than .5 seconds that doesn’t follow the target while casting has a problem. They just never connect.

But if we’re talking about pets that are just overall bad and simply aren’t worth using? You got the major ones. I’d add birds to the list simply because their animations ruin any attempt to use them in a clutch scenario.