Which Sigil? (Glasscannon shortbow) [PvE]

in Ranger

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

For a Berserker ranger with all things statted in Power, Precision, Crit Damage, which Sigil will net me the most damage on a Shortbow (0.52s/attack)?

Sigil of Force + 5% damage.
Sigil of Air (5s cd) 30% chance to cause a lightning strike on a critical hit.
Sigil of Strength (1 s cd) 30% chance to apply might for 10s on critical hit.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

(edited by Treeline.3865)

in Ranger

Posted by: Vecuu.2018

Vecuu.2018

For regular old fashioned PvE Bloodlust is probably your best.

Jaded [Jade] – Darkhaven Server
Jaded.boards.net – Your future home

in Ranger

Treeline.3865

For regular old fashioned PvE Bloodlust is probably your best.

What if we assumed that, especially during Boss Fights, I go down once or twice, especially on higher level Fractals?

Edit; Actually, now that I think of it I wouldn’t like to risk losing the Sigil bonus during bossfights, as bossfights often is where every bit matters. 5 sigils left

in Ranger

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

Never seen the math, so no idea if it actually sucks, but what about Sigil of Rage (3s quickness on 45s CD – it’ll proc every 45s easy)?

in Ranger

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

I used Fire on LB and Air on SB, but I really got tired of swapping to stack Bloodlust then dying and having to go kill mobs to stack it again so now I just use Bloodlust on my SB.

Air does like 1-1.5k damage

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

in Ranger

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

I think air took a hard nerf, otherwise that is the obvious choice other than bloodlust. 5% damage > 5% crit chance in terms of raw damage (no bleed on crit stuff).

in Ranger

Treeline.3865

@xev, I don’t like the Sigil of Rage, mainly because it’s 45cd, but also because I never know when they will pop. It is too unreliable I think.
I do dig bloodlust, but the chance I get downed during a bossfight is high enough that I wouldn’t want it.

Indoles are you sure of your statement? Even if i run with a lot of Crit Damage, netting me over 200% crit damage? I don’t run condition damage, although i will keep running bleed on crit.

in Ranger

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

I run a glasscannon SB build too, and I think like this:
If I have 50% crit chance, I will use Sigil of Accuracy, making it total of 55% crit chance.
If I have 55% crit chance,I will use Sigil of Force, for more damage.

I really think that over 55% crit chance is too much, since I can’t see the difference.

Currently I have 49% crit chance, so I use Accuracy. Now I’m starting to think, if I should swap my Runes of Pack to Runes of Ranger. I would lose a lot of Power, but I would gain more Precision and more Crit dmg, making my crit chance over 50%. Then I could swap the Sigil of Accuracy (not needed anymore) to Sigil of Force (to replace the lost Power).

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Ranger

Treeline.3865

Is there any number logic behind using Sigil of Force if over 50% crit?

in Ranger

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Well I just can’t see the difference in crit rate, if I’m over 55% crit chance, so accuracy would imo be waste. I don’t have any numbers, I just feel like it.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Ranger

Treeline.3865

Christmas kind of interrupted my choice of sigil.. Bottomline, still looking for inputs, and this is the conclusion so far:

Sigil of Force + 5% damage.
Sigil of Air (5s cd) 30% chance to cause a lightning strike on a critical hit.
Sigil of Strength (1 s cd) 30% chance to apply might for 10s on critical hit.

I’m simply looking to find which of these will give me the highest damage output using a shortbow and full berserkers.

Edit: Some serious Googling gave me the answer to Sigil of Accuracy vs Force. Short story is:

Critical damage > 100 and critical chance <= 33.33%, choose Sigil of Accuracy

Not gonna happen. Force is better.

Edit 2: Removing Sigil of Frailty due to the nature of it. Most bosses have condition removal. It also doesn’t help me much on low hp targets. It doesn’t shine until i’ve been beating at the thing for some seconds. This is however not the case for might.

in Ranger

Treeline.3865

Topic can be closed, i decided already.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ralk.7106

Ralk.7106

Wow, I totally botched the math on my initial post. I’m deleting most of what was here due to the inaccuracy.

Sigil of Air or Sigil of Fire is the winner for a berserker build with high crit damage.

(edited by Ralk.7106)

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I’m disappointed by the lack of utility sigils in this thread. Wearing full berserker’s gear, you’re already dealing decent damage with a more than decent crit rate. I rarely see people mention the sigil of nullification, but boon removal is extremely powerful in pve. Especially against monsters that stack retaliation, like veteran karka.

The sigil of blood is another option. Life stealing on a fast weapon like the shortbow can increase your survivability quite a bit.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

I use sigil of fire on my shortbow.