While you figure things out...

in Ranger

Posted by: terrorshard.3854

terrorshard.3854

Can you give us 1 viable build for spvp? At least we would be able to play with the others until you figure out how to fix this class.

Right now I’m twiddling my thumbs in the mist because the only build I have any success with is full on traps. It isn’t even that good and very 1-dimensional but at least it was playable. Now that it is broken I am just sitting here…throw us a bone.

Edit: LOL at you dev thinking longbow is a good weapon. We are doomed.

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

u can play trap/axe/torch with spirit elite for tpvp. i hate it, but there it is.

for spvp, more things work. im playing GS/SB beastmaster with 3 signets and RaO. lots of sustain and great damage.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Ranger

Posted by: Zen.2450

Zen.2450

They just fixed trap cooldowns, however they broke the 20% cooldown reduction trait.

in Ranger

terrorshard.3854

They just fixed trap cooldowns, however they broke the 20% cooldown reduction trait.

Fabulous…

in Ranger

Posted by: Angela Ranna.5638

Angela Ranna.5638

Tested, cooldown reduction trait seems to work. 12 second CD on flame trap.

in Ranger

Posted by: YumCHA.8706

YumCHA.8706

It works. Just tested it. Maybe you didn’t pick the ‘Trap Potency’ XI Trait. Also requires 30 on Skirmishing.

Rangetastic, 80 Ranger | Archers United [ARC]
Sea of Sorrows

in Ranger

terrorshard.3854

Are you guys as sick of this trap build as I am?

in Ranger

Posted by: YumCHA.8706

YumCHA.8706

Traps are the ONLY utilites giving the best results for a Ranger. You would be unwise not to use them.

Rangetastic, 80 Ranger | Archers United [ARC]
Sea of Sorrows

in Ranger

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

I’ve rolled an elementalist personally. While my success in sPvP isn’t as high in 1v1’s so far, I imagine that will change once I find a build I like. And on a further note, Ele feels a lot of more with all of the AE skills and more involved gameplay required than spamming 1 on SB as a primary damage ability. At least my class mechanic isn’t toally useless in sPvP and WvW and I have abilities that will help groups in PvE as well.. so, final straw for me.