Whining about condition rangers in spvp

in Ranger

Posted by: lanathos.5649

lanathos.5649

So I run a condition/sotf build and I get alot of hate from players for killing them in spvp. I guess other players get surprised I dont run the standard run of the mill power longbow/GS ranger and they all start complaining when they lose to me stating I’m a scrub and have no skill lol. Anyone have any similar experiences?

in Ranger

Posted by: livlaender.8790

livlaender.8790

it is not becouse of your build, or your class, some special kind of ppl whine all the time, when they get defeated, no matter what you play

die Gedanken sind frei

in Ranger

Posted by: perko.8309

perko.8309

Just sore losers.
I love playing SotF condi Ranger. But I mostly do WvW. It is a very strong build that takes less to master than some others, but who cares. That’s why I like it. Don’t worry about the hate.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I was playing cele and had people crying when I killed them. Of course if I play power they cry about that too.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

The Song of Sour Grapes will always be sweet to my ears . . . and then I block their singers.

Gone to Reddit.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Well…
… We are rangers. Hated for doing good by the enemy, and hated by doing mediocre/bad by our allies. That’s who we are.
At least we have our pets… But we hate them in return since we have no one else to hate.

All in all, hate is everywhere we go.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Its just those kind of ppl. Has happened a few times where i beat a thief fairly 1v1 and they go on about how faceroll my class must be as a zerker lb ranger

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

I get it also outside of pvp, in wvw and os. I play power ranger, full zerk SB/GS with SOTF and entangle and being called AIDS ranger all the time or Celec noob.

in Ranger

Posted by: Noha.3749

Noha.3749

Well i struggle vs above avrage rangers on a regular basis on my thief for example.
Weird according to some but its situational struggle.

Power do great damage in open fields, and in WvW there are plenty.
Getting jumped at 1800ish range hurts alot, but to be fair so does getting jumped by a thief from stealth with basilisk, and we can gapclose really fast, however its not always optimal in WvW if you gap with few dodges left and popped stunbreaker(shadowstep signet/infil signet) and in worst case scenario, shadow refuge. Its not fun to dance around a stone signet and a pet fear/knockdown followed my maul.
Dire rangers i just ignore and run past, unless its a trapper ranger.

But yeah, prediction and reactive playstyle wins games. I need to improve and i know it. Every profession got their advantages and weaknesses.

P.s. The power ranger i struggle against isnt the balls to the walls zerker ranger, its the defensive traited ranger, which sometimes have a few knights equipped etc… And S/D is harder than GS imo..

80 Everything except Ranger & Guardian.
Theorycrafter & trickster.
Friend, father & lover!

in Ranger

Posted by: Taverius.8645

Taverius.8645

Well i struggle vs above avrage rangers on a regular basis on my thief for example.

That’s not unusual … at least on the bog standard A/D-SB condi (in sPvP) I don’t feel particularly threatened by (lone) thieves, unless they’re very very good.

What mostly amuses me is getting salty comments about Rapid Fire being OP when I’ve just condi-bombed them to death with an axe. Its usually mesmers, too.

Rock Paper Signet – Gunnar’s Hold EU
Gather ALL the things! \o/
Ranger Bugs List

in Ranger

Posted by: Zoia.3678

Zoia.3678

Well…
… We are rangers. Hated for doing good by the enemy, and hated by doing mediocre/bad by our allies. That’s who we are.
At least we have our pets… But we hate them in return since we have no one else to hate.

All in all, hate is everywhere we go.

Heh, I like what you wrote there. Almost poetic.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Those same people that whine when you beat them with condi ranger would whine if you beat them while running around naked with a princess wand …

… wish I’d been recording :-p

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

it is not becouse of your build, or your class, some special kind of ppl whine all the time, when they get defeated, no matter what you play

This, some people are on permanent trollmode I’ve had some complain about my rapid fire spamming when I was using a sword multiple times just to name one stupid thing you hear.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

Is this a thread about QQ’s?

I once Hilt Bash>Signet of Hunt>Maul a Target for 10k
He later QQ’ed Rapid Fire was OP

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land

in Ranger

Posted by: Zoef.2761

Zoef.2761

Good players recognize other good players. The whining/hating population are poor players that blame others for them being poor players. They can just ……. (feel free to add your own opinion).

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Aye, Zoef.

A good player beat by another good player will tell them something along the lines of “good fight” or “well-played” … or “rematch! that was fun!”

A bad player that can develop into a good player will try again and again against the good player that is crushing them … maybe even request duels.

A bad player that is going to stay a bad player whines and/or is hateful towards those that beat them.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.