Who is the best WvW roaming Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Hellz Barrage.8074

Hellz Barrage.8074

Who do you think is the best Roaming Ranger in WvW. And do they have any vids? Been playing ranger since gw1 and I feel pretty good about my skills I wanna see others that may be better and learn from them.

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

you cannot be “best” at roaming.
Some people excel at 1v1, some excel at 1vX, some are incredibly fast at flipping camps/towers, some have amazing map awareness, and some, some just get stomped by random zergs and havoc parties.

And just to make things more clear, ive yet to see any single player being actually good at all these at once. Ive seen good duelers, but their map awareness/knowledge of how to ninja stuff has been lacking….

So good luck searching for the best roamer, you need it.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

my man mike floryan has been a roaming ranger for a long time. Here is a link to his youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/kaybosh44

He uses an unconventional build but is one of the better roamers out there.

Bad Elementalist

in Ranger

Hellz Barrage.8074

His build is different thanks for vids. He pretty good

in Ranger

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

At the 99% of roaming vids (for every class) we can find only "Me the Great against bads" and nothing else.
Who is better in beating kids? This is the same question.

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in Ranger

Posted by: Siroso.2769

Siroso.2769

The best that I’ve seen are gladomer (he may have youtube, but I’ve watched only on twitch) and PotatoVeg (streams on twitch, and his youtube is https://m.youtube.com/user/BlueFlopy). By no means are they necessarily the best rangers (they wouldn’t match up with some of the PvP’ers for sure), but they are the best I’ve seen streaming WvW!

<— Broskies /Lulzranger

in Ranger

SilverWF.4789

The best that I’ve seen are gladomer (he may have youtube, but I’ve watched only on twitch)

http://www.youtube.com/user/scglad
But he is in melee spec and this is "meeeeeeeh" for me.

Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

(edited by SilverWF.4789)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Yeh big difference between roaming and dueling.

The fastest camp flipping looks very different to a dueling build, which are typically very slow to flip camps due to no aoe.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: Kjeld.9730

Kjeld.9730

Everyone’s ranger alt in [Walk] We currently hold all 10 top spots of best ranger EU
our latest vid here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-MEnbmOerQ

Ranger of [MGK] – Aurora glade.

in Ranger

Hellz Barrage.8074

Thanks so much for the responses. Yea I know there is no real way to tell best and there is other stuff to WvW than dueling but I just wanna see other rangers that people think are the best. So I can learn more. Cause I am pretty good I just wanna get better

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

At the 99% of roaming vids (for every class) we can find only “Me the Great against bads” and nothing else.

While I agree with you, I’m not entirely sure what else you’d put in a video. A montage of getting the kitten kicked out of yourself?

I’ve thought about making a video with in-depth breakdowns of difficult fights, but I suck at getting video recording to work, I have no experience with video editing, and I doubt anyone would learn much at this stage of the game. And I’m lazy.

That idea mostly came from back in the day before LBs were “viable” and everyone claimed you couldn’t roam on a power ranger. Now any idiot can beat a thief 1v1.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

At the 99% of roaming vids (for every class) we can find only “Me the Great against bads” and nothing else.

While I agree with you, I’m not entirely sure what else you’d put in a video. A montage of getting the kitten kicked out of yourself?

Hey that’s me!

If you like to see suicidal ranger, I’m the master of dying!
Why run from 1v3 when you can die and respawn and do it again? ;-)

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

I am!
I win most 1v1s vs T2 enemies who aren’t totaly optimised their builds for an overkill spike or simply being way too OP. Solo capping keeps, including Bay and Hills.
Once solo’d Garrison as well, even if it took like half hour thanks to random incomming enemies I had to deal with.
1v3+ where troubles start, too mutch lockdowns to be handled.
Would try myself on T1 but way too long queue there :/

BTW I’m sure that there are even better rangers than me, known one a ’year ago who had mastered her movement so well she barely took any damage. Shes not playing the game for long time… :/

& No, I won’t share my build. It only leads to a nerf, as always…
What You can do is to improve Yourself in the first place.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

I am!
I win most 1v1s vs T2 enemies who aren’t totaly optimised their builds for an overkill spike or simply being way too OP. Solo capping keeps, including Bay and Hills.
Once solo’d Garrison as well, even if it took like half hour thanks to random incomming enemies I had to deal with.

BTW I’m sure that there are even better rangers than me, known one a ’year ago who had mastered her movement so well she barely took any damage. Shes not playing the game for long time… :/

Hey mate. =]

I’m guessing you are condi then.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I am!

Hey mate. =]

What makes you think that, the soloing keeps part? I’ve done that a bunch of times with a power build.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

He just said he wouldn’t share his build. I was just guessing he was using a regen build because those are pretty strong and he doesn’t want it to be nerfed.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

He just said he wouldn’t share his build. I was just guessing he was using a regen build because those are pretty strong and he doesn’t want it to be nerfed.

Condi regen is a mean build but it has its drawbacks. The mobility is better for escaping a fight than is is for chasing someone down. And the more players you add to the mix the less useful it becomes. It is fantastic for 1v1 fights but they have made it pretty clear they won’t t balance around that.

Back on topic, there really isn’t a way to say who is the best roamer since people play on different servers. I’ve got a good reputation on my server but there is no way for me to know if I’m better than someone on a tier that I haven’t fought in months.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: Klonko.8341

Klonko.8341

Everyone’s ranger alt in [Walk] We currently hold all 10 top spots of best ranger EU
our latest vid here:

Top 10 ranger loosing a pet in a fight where he stands at 1200 and pew pew? I guess you are not…

Its sad you are not including spvp player… Because those has often a better skill level than wvw roamer.

Raining Rainbows lvl 80 ranger ~~~~~ SBI server

(edited by Klonko.8341)

in Ranger

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

our latest vid here:

Top 10 ranger loosing a pet in a fight where he stands at 1200 and pew pew? I guess you are not…

Its sad you are not including spvp player… Because those has often a better skill level than wvw roamer.

Attachments:

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Hey mate. =]

No, I’m a Power Ranger with hybrid setup.
I have no time to rely on slow conditions.
Real combat arts happens here =]

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Aren’t you the same guy that posted numerous times he was unable to 1v1 a thief?

in Ranger

Klonko.8341

our latest vid here:

To be honest I don’t know anything about EU competitive play.

But 1 thing is sure, SARCASM is REALLY hard to understand with non-verbal component such as a forum.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

I’M THE BEST!

But really, there is no best. And is there was, the chances are it’s someone noone has ever heard of. I mean we have what, 20ish regular forum users and probably 20ish Rangers who’ve made a half decent video in the last 6 months… the chances of the best player being in those 40 (less if you concider the overlap) is tiny. Personally I know at least 2 people who I’d concider among the very best players I’ve ever met who don’t post on forums or videos so…

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

http://www.twitch.tv/gladomer this guy is pretty good, fun chat nice guy. And he plays all kinds of ranger. Melee/power condi. All of it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

our latest vid here:

To be honest I don’t know anything about EU competitive play.

But 1 thing is sure, SARCASM is REALLY hard to understand with non-verbal component such as a forum.

Watch the video. Look at the title. Look at those scrubs dying from a 4 man ranger squad. Now look at Kjeld’s comment. Not that hard.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I’ve thought about making a video with in-depth breakdowns of difficult fights, but I suck at getting video recording to work, I have no experience with video editing, and I doubt anyone would learn much at this stage of the game. And I’m lazy.

That idea mostly came from back in the day before LBs were “viable” and everyone claimed you couldn’t roam on a power ranger. Now any idiot can beat a thief 1v1.

Not really. A half decent thief will never die to anyone in WvW if he doesn’t want to.

He can own any build he’s strong against since nobody can run away from a thief, maybe a warrior or FGS ele, but absolutely no class can catch a thief who knows he’s facing a build that counters him.

And with patience a thief can wear any class down by baiting their cd’s and constantly resetting until they can burst you down with any cd’s up since thief skills thanks to initiative have far lesser cd’s than normal profs.

There’s a reason most roamers are thieves.

Now, for team fights, there is nothing more OP than a warrior+guardian melee train.

our latest vid here:

sPvP and WvW class balance are vastly different, so no sPvPer would do betetr than a WvW roamer.

For one, stats are inflated, increasing the value of burst builds in WvW. D/P thief and hammer warriors are vastly more porwerful in WvW than they are in sPvP, for one. Thief in spvp who wants to build D/P is at ebst sporting 14k HP.

In WvW a thief can sport 18k hp and still land 6k backstabs. That would never happen in sPvP. Similarly good dueling warriors are stupidly OP in WvW. Build hammeer and axe/mace combo with stance spec, signet, swiftness on rage signet and fear me and he’s a completely absurd dueling build. He has CC for days, axe auto does ridiculous damage in between hammer stun cd’s.

So, yeah, combos that are nonexistent in spvp due to stat limitations on amulets are fairly prevalent in WvW.

Also, sPvP’ers are often trained to fight over points and to abuse certain map elements with blink, none of which is a part of most WvW play.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Not really. A half decent thief will never die to anyone in WvW if he doesn’t want to.

Ugh, I’m so done with that phrase “a good _.” No one can ever hope to defeat a good ____. A good ____ blank will own you, if and if you’ve ever beaten a ____ you’ve never faced a good _.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

It is true though, a good thief has to make a mistake to lose. Mostly because of the disengage factor with stealth.

in Ranger

Klonko.8341

He can own any build he’s strong against since nobody can run away from a thief, maybe a warrior or FGS ele, but absolutely no class can catch a thief who knows he’s facing a build that counters him.

And with patience a thief can wear any class down by baiting their cd’s and constantly resetting until they can burst you down with any cd’s up since thief skills thanks to initiative have far lesser cd’s than normal profs.

There’s a reason most roamers are thieves.

Now, for team fights, there is nothing more OP than a warrior+guardian melee train.

our latest vid here:

sPvP and WvW class balance are vastly different, so no sPvPer would do betetr than a WvW roamer.

For one, stats are inflated, increasing the value of burst builds in WvW. D/P thief and hammer warriors are vastly more porwerful in WvW than they are in sPvP, for one. Thief in spvp who wants to build D/P is at ebst sporting 14k HP.

In WvW a thief can sport 18k hp and still land 6k backstabs. That would never happen in sPvP. Similarly good dueling warriors are stupidly OP in WvW. Build hammeer and axe/mace combo with stance spec, signet, swiftness on rage signet and fear me and he’s a completely absurd dueling build. He has CC for days, axe auto does ridiculous damage in between hammer stun cd’s.

So, yeah, combos that are nonexistent in spvp due to stat limitations on amulets are fairly prevalent in WvW.

Also, sPvP’ers are often trained to fight over points and to abuse certain map elements with blink, none of which is a part of most WvW play.

Sorry to halt your hype for WvW combat, but spvp do have dueling arena… And you will find the best player there. Someone skilled that don’t know how to build for wvw will take 1-2 weeks MAX to adjust to WvW play. But someone less skilled that try to spvp in dueling area just get rolled over. Good player adapt, bad player don’t.

And all your build you said are not valid for WvW roaming. There are mostly dueling spec in WvW which is completly different. WvW roaming build are extremely powerful build that are efficient in most situation. Outnumbered, 1vs1, 2vs2, XvsX that build must be able to win/survive/flee them according to your knowledge.

And for the gear impacting the gameplay, its just a scalable element moslty. Better stats for 2 opponents = worst stats for 2 same opponents. If amulets restrict build in Spvp, i think WvW roaming spec are even less large than the said spvp build due to being able to win or give a fair fight to outnumbered opponent.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

in Ranger

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

I’m open to duel anyone, just add me and send me a pm ingame. I’m playing on drakkar lake (EU). Doesn’t matter if WvW or PvP.

in Ranger

SilverWF.4789

And again: me the great against bads.