Who is the easy target ?

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: fodem.2713

fodem.2713

Q:

Lets see if everybody has the same opinion…
Wich class is the easiest to kill as a Ranger ?

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

A:

While playing a full power ranger gs/sa with soldiers gear
In order from easiest to hardest

1. Glass cannon ele’s
2. Glass cannon d/d Thieves
3. Any power engi
4. Any S/D and S/P thief
5. Zerk Guardian
6. Stun Wars
7. Glass Cannon Mesmers
8. BM Bunker Rangers
9. Condition burst necro
10. CD Bunker Engi

Things I did not include
Bunker Guards – Can’t kill me, can’t kill them
Bunker Warriors – Can’t kill me, can’t kill them
Bunker Eles – Can’t kill me, can’t kill them

But to be completely honest, it all depends on your build and their build. If I were running full zerk lb/sb, then CD Bunker Engis and condition burst necros wouldn’t even be a problem to me. But since I’m all melee, they can easily focus me while kiting due to the nature of their attacks.

Stormbluff Isle

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Another ranger

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

I mainly do pvp so based on my experience this is the list (1 for the easiest 8 for the hardest):

1. Thief
2. Elementalist
3. Another Ranger
4. Mesmer
5. Warrior
6. Engineer
7. Guardian
8. Necromancers

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Jarek.1052

Jarek.1052

9. Ranger QQers in the forum

Desolation
Andúnë Faroth, level 80 sylvari ranger.

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

1 guardian
2 other ranger
3 thief
4 elementalist
5 engineer
6 necro
7 warrior
8 mesmer

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Another ranger

Dang, was beaten to it! ^^

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Yourself? Your “class mechanic”?

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

Depends more on the build than the class.

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Varani.9207

Varani.9207

Bearbow ranger…

Mondsucht [MS] Kodash Vragni – Ranger
Charrov – Engineer

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

My opinion is based on WvW where most Rangers these days are running marks signet builds with longbow/gs.

Ranger on Ranger is the most aggrivating encounter ever. Chances are both are the same spec. They have the same utility. Have the same pet. You trade the same skills. Use heal at the same time. The fight is dependent on who gets the most crits. If I see a Ranger I swap to a shortbow and shoot at point blank range.

Thief is an easy fight as the longbow pretty much wins it for us. Warrior also if you can outlast the stability.

Mesmer, Necro, Condi Rangers, Engineers, and Pistol Thieves are a pain for me because I run 30/20/20 and have no condi removal.

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Depends more on the build than the class.

^^
Words of wisdom, but I’d like to correct to:

Depends more on the player than the class.

Here my list:

1. total crap player
2. new player
3. average player
4. quite decent player
5. godlike player
6. hacker/cheater

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

1. Guardians
2. Rangers
3. White mobs
4. Eles
5. Thiefs
6. Necros
7. Mesmers
8. Warriors
9. Engis

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Another ranger

thank you!

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

I’ll vote for another ranger too…

Guardians are easy in the sense the chance of you dying is about 0, but they can take a while to kill.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

This depends on the build we each run I guess xD?

1. Ranger (I feel bad for putting it here but let’s face it most other rangers have no clue)
2. Warrior
3. Thief
4. Elementalist
5. Mesmer
6. Guardian
7. Necro
8. Engineer

Now…since I run a hybrid build I guess my list will be slightly different but its not far off. I struggle vs Condi classes, lacking active condi removal, can’t win them all though.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

If you mean 1v1 on WvWvW, here’s my list:

1.Full Zerky LB/GS ranger – most of them are terribad, use inefficient Healing Spring instead of TU, so I have big advantage in healing in here. They tend to start with popping all cooldowns and trying to rapid fire. Simply dodge it or get close, swap to shortbow, break their channel by running around him. At this point, you’ve probaby forced GS, another laughable 1v1 weapon. Quickly disengage, immobilize them and go at range, swapping back to LB . From that point, 99% is surely dead. You don’t even have to use a heal.
2. Engineer – when their class is very good in most cases, they relativly suck vs. Kiting. A lot of them spec around bombs which are terrible against my spec and you can keep them outranged for whole time unless they’re dead or LoS, pretty much. Rifle power ones are even weaker, they often die in some random rapid fire
3. Guardians – when these guys can cause a lot of trouble when in group, most of them won’t really harm you outside of retaliation if you are anywhere decent with kiting. When 1v1 may take some time, I’m almost on 100% winning streak with them.
4. Condition Rangers – can harm if you get surprisedand you’re at range. If notand you keep them at bay, they won’t kill you
5. Thieves – It depends. In my build I rarely lose to thief 1v1 and if I do, it’s mostly because of their very defenssive play. If they go agressive and try to take another easy kill, they die too easy. If they disengage very often and hop back into stealth after initial 2-3 hits, I’m often forced to leave or die. But 5% of them does that
6. Elementalists – If played right can cause a lot of trouble. Good players are quite a challange. Bad and staff ones die from auto-attack
7. Mesmers – non-zerky ones who are skilled are a tough fight. Especially condition ones. Saving my “Protect Me!” is key sometimes as well as keeping range and disengaging whenever they stealth.
8. Necromancers – If good one, specced heavily for condibomb, surprises me, I’m dead most of the times. Power ones can be problematic, but can be outlasted with Stealth/Dodges/CC. Condition ones are, well… If you can keep Necromancer at 900+ they won’t harm you really. Killer here is their signet for condibombing, Signet of Spite, putting 14 sec(if not longer!) weakness on you as well as tons of other conditions. If you get caught, it will be very hard to win. Whenever they get too close, disengage. Primary target.
9. Warriors… When they’re not that problem wielding their weapons and H. Signet alone, they become deadliest and unkillable when equipped with -98% cripple/immobilize/chill duration and min-maxed gear. Good ones are hardest matchup 1v1 on WvWvW. Condition ones are even worse because of tons of immobilize. Bad ones are free kill. But for summary, even half-decent one will be tougher than any half-decent of any other class.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Are we talking about duels or just picking out of a crowd and pewing till dead?

Tier 1 thieves, rangers, elementalists
Tier 2 warriors, guardians, engineers
Tier 3 mesmers, necros

Fighting 1-1 stunlock warriors are a pain and better hope your stun breaks are off cooldown. Thieves can be a wild card, if you are on cd they can dominate also.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

I have the opposite results from most of you. I can take out warriors with relative ease, even “Good players”. However my bane is experienced stealth spamming regen thieves. If I can’t get them in water I have began to just avoid them.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Rym.1469

I’ve recently checked other similar threads created by @OP fodem and the results didn’t surprise me.
Rangers are listed in all threads by 90% of the players in top 3 easiest to kill and on Mesmer and Thief forums we dominate infamous rank 1 in it.
It generally speaks bad for players behind Rangers and the class itself and it should be taken as a objective proof for Devs. Not all bad players play Rangers. Terrible player playing Ranger in PvP encounter is just very terrible ranger when the same player running guardian, warrior or a mesmer can be considered as decent.
Thanks for the thread fodem!
I hope you’ll make like a summary maybe at the end of the week and post it on General Discussion forum with links. If you want, I can help you with statistics, pm. If we have a proof, why not make some use of it?

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I’m a big fan of hunting thieves in WvW. I’ll also go out of my way to hunt down engis and guardians.

In sPvP, mesmers are my nightmare. Unless the mesmer is bad (like I am with them) in which case they are then the easiest by far.

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: ChioChip.5970

ChioChip.5970

Well It really depends on the build you are using so I will not rank it:

Mesmer, Necro and engineer are the ones that turn me crazy!!!
These are really hard fights because we have so bad condi cleanses.

Thief, (bear bow) Rangers are the easiest to play against in my opinion.

Guardian, Ele… not big danger but I would say no easy kill.

Warrior depends really kitten his/your build… Could be unkillable or on par with Guardian/Ele.

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

1 Memsers
2 Guardians
3. Elementalist
4. Thief
5. Ranger
6. Engineer
7. Warrior
8. Necromancer

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: White.9523

White.9523

Most of the thieves tend to drop before they can say “why my stealth didn’t save me”. Tho if the thief is good he shouldn’t be in your range anyways but people are stupid…

And yeah another Ranger sadly, most players still play bearbow with protect me (seriously WHY). You can just sword 111111 them to death because they arent getting anywhere

(edited by White.9523)

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

Playing a dire spirit ranger solo roaming. Enemys that i hate are confusion mesmers (20 stacks in 2 secs trololol), engis (some builds are kinda easy to own), good condi necros and some very well played 100% blind/stealth uptime thiefes. Rest depends on the player, I own 95% of power builds, losing against the left 5% is my own fault. Some builds are annoying but can’t get me down (like some healing ele or guardian builds).

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Rym.1469

Most of the thieves tend to drop before they can say “why my stealth didn’t save me”. Tho if the thief is good he shouldn’t be in your range anyways but people are stupid…

And yeah another Ranger sadly, most players still play bearbow with protect me (seriously WHY). You can just sword 111111 them to death because they arent getting anywhere

In fact, “Protect Me!” when it’s not anywhere good skill as traited SoS or Endure Pain isn’t a bad option if used correctly. It is 6 second shield for yourself on 60 second cooldown which is acceptable + stunbreaker. While I wouldn’t suggest running it vs. more than 2 players focusing you really, for 2 or 1 it’s pretty good. If you don’t run some crappy pet for pvp/roaming like cat or bird it will be able to take couple hits and whenever you feel their role is done, simply command them to attack the target again, it will break shout. Sure it isn’t an immunity but I run that and it has saved my kitten hundreds of times. Using it to sink thief opener burst, allowing you to stomp without damage, eating burst with little “oh kitten” button, still don’t feel like I need to trait for it. It could use some love, but I find it okay for myself roaming and keep it at bar mkst of the times.

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

Here my list:

1. total crap player
2. new player
3. average player
4. quite decent player
5. godlike player
6. hacker/cheater

^this

if i have to go buy class
In wvw
1. Guard
2. Another ranger
3. Engi
4. Elle
5. Necro
6. Mez
7. Thief
9. War

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Easiest:
Other Rangers
Thieves
Eles

Hardest:
Warriors (any warrior with a semblance of a brain)
Necros (the condition building variety)

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Overthrust.2659

Overthrust.2659

alway always kill the enemy ranger first.

The Ranger would be nerfed every time because that is the law of Tyria.

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

1) Guardian/Bad thief/Ranger
2) Warrior
3) Decent ranger
4) Ele/Engi/Bad necros
5) Thief/Mesmer
6) Necro/ Good ranger

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Noobie.1073

Noobie.1073

1) uplevel
2) Bad ranger/thief
3) Staff Ele
4) Power Engi
5) Warrior
6) Condition Necro/Mesmer
7) Perplexity Mesmer/Engi/Warrior
8) Stealth spamming D/P thief (thank god for nerf)

I Cha Cha I – Mediocre Ranger at best
Mao Xiong – Worst Warrior GW2

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

1) uplevel
2) Bad ranger/thief
3) Staff Ele
4) Power Engi
5) Warrior
6) Condition Necro/Mesmer
7) Perplexity Mesmer/Engi/Warrior
8) Stealth spamming D/P thief (thank god for nerf)

sick em – no nerf needed

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Oak da Vite.9054

Oak da Vite.9054

As I have a lot of condi-remove, I love to play against condi-builts. In contrast I need to be quick against dps-builts and play with a lot of dodging. Against bunker builts there is no winner in most of the duels.
Rangers mostly play condi-builts, so there is no Problem.
I can’t remember a Nekro killing me in 1v1, but I haven’t met many anyway.
Non-bunker Eles are manageable.
Against Mesmers I have least chance of winning a 1vs1. Sometimes I am lucky with a well set chain lightning from my drake. I need to use different skills and weapons there.
DPS-wariors often get me over time as they do more damage than I can heal, while they are still pretty tanky.
I havent met anything else but bunker-guardians. I could hardly harm them while I could easyly heal the damage they make.
I can remember some really good engis, that gave me a lot of damage. Results depend very much on the player-skills.

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]

Who is the easy target ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Hardest to kill:
1. Engi.
2. Warrior.
3. Ranger.
4. Everything else.

Granted, the first 3 are the “OP” builds.