Who needs maul anymore? (17k jaguar crit)

in Ranger

Posted by: Rotted.2843

Rotted.2843

Totally not a viable build, just for fun :P.

Attachments:

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Yup, I used to run that build too.
… The problem is that you don’t deal anything if the target is on move and you need 3 cooldowns to fire that number up. One is at 2 minutes CD, the second is at 1 min, the last at 40 seconds.
You also have to fire off Longbow’s Volley to stack pet’s might through traits.

And that all has to occur before pet’s HP reaches Zero, which is around 7 seconds with the Signet that grants dmg mitigation.
Very cool build – but not reliable at all.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Vermil Rockrim.9756

Vermil Rockrim.9756

Still, could you post a link to the build, please?

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJATRnMqQrgWyCWsAXLGIQoWfABQBwsBignP70exUlIB-TpBFwAPOCAA3fAxhAYxDAoaZAAXAAA
There would it be.
… As I already said – it’s the most aggressive build that could probably be on Ranger today. But it’s not much reliable and is kinda vulnerable.

You could swap the Master’s Bond into Mighty Swap if you feel like it. You can also swap Quickening Zephyr for Signet of Stone if you are in competitive environment.

The burst comes out of sequence
RaO > Fire off Volley (stack Might on pet) > Activate Signet of the Wild (And Zephyr) > Rapid fire to stack might on pet some more > Swap to GreatSword and blast off Sick’Em + Stalk (Jaguar’s Stealth)

Then you have pet with around 22 might already and +40% dmg from Sick’Em and +20% from Signet of the Wild… 30% increased Crit damage from traits and Guaranteed crits from Jaguar’s Stalk for interval of 6 seconds.
If the enemy has any evasive / block / invulnerable cooldown ready – your build just lost all of it’s power.
If they don’t have – A full defensive Guardian is going to die in 5 seconds.

in Ranger

Posted by: awge.3852

awge.3852

This would have been fun before they fixed the bug that pets could run up walls in wvw. I remember running a build just for my pet, send it up the wall and kill people there who were unaware of what was happening.

Mon Fils — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Blackgate
Ranger’s guide to PvP/WvW: http://tinyurl.com/oht3e9z

in Ranger

Posted by: Rotted.2843

Rotted.2843

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJATRnMqQrgWyCWsAXLGIQoWfABQBwsBignP70exUlIB-TpBFwAPOCAA3fAxhAYxDAoaZAAXAAA
There would it be.
… As I already said – it’s the most aggressive build that could probably be on Ranger today. But it’s not much reliable and is kinda vulnerable.

You could swap the Master’s Bond into Mighty Swap if you feel like it. You can also swap Quickening Zephyr for Signet of Stone if you are in competitive environment.

The burst comes out of sequence
RaO > Fire off Volley (stack Might on pet) > Activate Signet of the Wild (And Zephyr) > Rapid fire to stack might on pet some more > Swap to GreatSword and blast off Sick’Em + Stalk (Jaguar’s Stealth)

Then you have pet with around 22 might already and +40% dmg from Sick’Em and +20% from Signet of the Wild… 30% increased Crit damage from traits and Guaranteed crits from Jaguar’s Stalk for interval of 6 seconds.
If the enemy has any evasive / block / invulnerable cooldown ready – your build just lost all of it’s power.
If they don’t have – A full defensive Guardian is going to die in 5 seconds.

I’m actually using signet of the hunt for the 150% damage instead of QZ and axe/warhorn to stack the might(I find the longbow to be too slow). I’m also running 0/4/0/4/6 with zephyr’s speed to cast the skills faster upon initiation. Also you forgot about the 50% damage from the gs 5 :P

in Ranger

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

This would have been fun before they fixed the bug that pets could run up walls in wvw. I remember running a build just for my pet, send it up the wall and kill people there who were unaware of what was happening.

It was

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

I’m actually using signet of the hunt for the 150% damage instead of QZ and axe/warhorn to stack the might(I find the longbow to be too slow). I’m also running 0/4/0/4/6 with zephyr’s speed to cast the skills faster upon initiation. Also you forgot about the 50% damage from the gs 5 :P

Ah… But that build is made for a Single Crit O.o … Well, anyways – that number is nice.