Why 3 targets and not 5?

Why 3 targets and not 5?

in Ranger

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

As what I know of (correct me if I’m wrong) all weapons that hit multiple targets hit 5 targets. So why is it that solar beam only hits 3, (apparently counting allias as targets too, again correct me if I’m wrong)?

Could we have this changed to 5 targets, to be in par with what other classes and weapons have?

Kima & Co

Why 3 targets and not 5?

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Most auto attacks are 3 capped.

Why 3 targets and not 5?

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

As what I know of (correct me if I’m wrong) all weapons that hit multiple targets hit 5 targets.

Nope, I think all auto attacks that cleave are capped at 3 targets.
Only AoE skills hits 5+ targets.

So solar beam follows the same standard as other skills.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Why 3 targets and not 5?

in Ranger

Posted by: lyriael.4375

lyriael.4375

[…] So why is it that solar beam only hits 3, (apparently counting allias as targets too, again correct me if I’m wrong)? […]

As far as I know you heal max 3 allies and damage max 3 enemies, so a total of 6 targets. (Someone back me up?).

It might be, however, that it doesn’t show on UI (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/solar-beam-doesn-t-hit-anything/5820212)

Why 3 targets and not 5?

in Ranger

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Thanks for the answers!

Kima & Co

Why 3 targets and not 5?

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I would think it was because of pets, but indeed most autoattacks (#1 skills) seems to hit up to 3 targets. Some exceptions:

Guardian staff, Revenant hammer, Warrior greatsword and hammer, to name a few.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

(edited by OGDeadHead.8326)

Why 3 targets and not 5?

in Ranger

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

As what I know of (correct me if I’m wrong) all weapons that hit multiple targets hit 5 targets.

I think Reaper Shroud’s autoattack hits 5, and most piercing projectiles do, but I’m not sure about anything else.

Why 3 targets and not 5?

in Ranger

Justine.6351

I would think it was because of pets, but indeed most autoattacks (#1 skills) seems to hit up to 3 targets. Some exceptions:

Warrior gs is 3.

Why 3 targets and not 5?

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Warrior gs is 3.

Ah yes, my mistake. Same with hammer. I mixed the skills up with the burst skills.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Why 3 targets and not 5?

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Warrior gs is 3.

Ah yes, my mistake. Same with hammer. I mixed the skills up with the burst skills.

Actually wiki notes hammer chain part 3 is 5 target. Kinda like guardian hammer chain part 3, the symbol is 5 target.

Why 3 targets and not 5?

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I think Reaper Shroud’s autoattack hits 5, and most piercing projectiles do, but I’m not sure about anything else.

True, most piecing skills is 5 targets, but there aren’t many AA that pierces by default.
RS #1 I personally consider a skill, but yeah, it enters as an exception to the rule

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Why 3 targets and not 5?

in Ranger

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

It used to hit 5. Looks like Irenio strikes again. Engi also got plenty of weird 3 target stuff that should hit 5.

Why 3 targets and not 5?

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

It used to hit 5. Looks like Irenio strikes again. Engi also got plenty of weird 3 target stuff that should hit 5.

I think the number of targets is actually ok.
the staff AA works differently to any other AA we have: it’s a continuous beam.
You hit 3 targets, but if you move you will hit so many more in exchange for such a low damage it’s ok with me in a PvE sense. For WvW PvP use staff just for the damage is suicide.
3 targets + 3 allies is a nice number for the staff. That and how works right now the Ancestral Grace are the only thing i like from the staff.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Why 3 targets and not 5?

in Ranger

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

You hit 3 targets, but if you move you will hit so many more in exchange for such a low damage it’s ok with me in a PvE sense.

This is very true. If you see a group of enemies and target the furthest one then move/strafe around, you’ll find that you’re hitting a lot of the targets.
It’s not Guard’s staff-like ability to tag, but if you move around a bit and occasionally swap targets(furthest one) while trying to catch as many enemies as you can then it will hit lots of targets with much ease. Staff is a weapon set that I not only enjoy as a Druid, but out of all the other weapon sets out there with other professions it is one of my favorite.