Why Pets?

Why Pets?

in Ranger

Posted by: wolfkrieg.9815

wolfkrieg.9815

Why is it that there is no class that is a just a ranger? No pets. It seems to me like most games seem to have all ranger/hunter classes have a pet. Is there a game out there that has the class with no pets?

I love the idea of a ranged bow wielding class. They are usually the first class I go to when starting a new game. But man I am sick of pets.

I know people probably always kitten about this and I know this probably is not the right place to ask this. But is there a game out there with what I want?

Why Pets?

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I have been asking this for 6 months, i wouldn’t hold your breath for it to be removed, best just to remember how nice it was to remove them in GW1…

Why Pets?

in Ranger

Posted by: Entragian.2057

Entragian.2057

Lord of the rings online.

Hunter is a ranged nuker with traps and stuff but no pets.

Plus its a stunning game.

Why Pets?

in Ranger

Posted by: wolfkrieg.9815

wolfkrieg.9815

I forgot about LOTRO

Why Pets?

in Ranger

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Don’t Forget About Tera

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

Why Pets?

in Ranger

Posted by: Crnicelad.5924

Crnicelad.5924

Diablo 2 Amazon, any class in Path of Exile, MMO’s rarely.

Power through strength, strength through wisdom …

Why Pets?

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Neosteam: The Shattered Continent had pets, but you didn’t have to get the skill that allows you to use them if you didn’t want to…which I thought was awesome. Plus if the pet died, welp, you have to go catch another one.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Why Pets?

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

GW1 rangers pets are 100% optional, I’m not gonna lie, I personally love using pets on a ranger, but I did like having the option to -not- use a pet…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Why Pets?

in Ranger

Posted by: Brumen.9720

Brumen.9720

Age of Conan check…

Charr need no gods !

Why Pets?

in Ranger

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

Previous MMO I came from (I will not name it, it doesn’t deserve the free advertisement) had a rouge type class that could be specced to a pretty decent Archer, was the best ranged single target DPS in the game. The pet class was more akin to a shaman/druid.

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

Why Pets?

in Ranger

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

I prefer Shin Megami Tensei: IMAGINE’s solution. EVERYONE HAS PETS.

Though the same game had melee characters as the best damage dealers, supports as the best characters for soloing, gunners as the best tanks and mages are… Wait no, mages are as unremarkably dull as ever.

It’s kind of old, but it’s one of the best MMOs I’ve played.

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words

Why Pets?

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I prefer Shin Megami Tensei: IMAGINE’s solution. EVERYONE HAS PETS.

Though the same game had melee characters as the best damage dealers, supports as the best characters for soloing, gunners as the best tanks and mages are… Wait no, mages are as unremarkably dull as ever.

It’s kind of old, but it’s one of the best MMOs I’ve played.

Well everyone in GW2 has pets minus warriors… Granted the ranger is the only one forced into using the pet, but as such has the most control over them, and by that I mean we’re the only ones who can control our pets period…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna