Why are Ranger pets Nerfed so hard for WvW ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Merrex.5384

Merrex.5384

I am not really sure why they made my pet so totally useless in WvW Part of the reason is the Nerf to its health in WvW part of it is the AI.

But every ranger skill, Trait, Weapon effect ect … that has anything to do with the ranger’s pet is Basically Useless. I counted 23 traits alone that effect the ranger pet in some way, shape or form Which makes me believe that the pet is a very important part of the Ranger as a class.

In WvW Never does a Leader ever say " I got room for 2 more, any Rangers out there need a group ?" Its always the same old “We need more Guardians or Warriors or Ele’s”.
They have become the holly Trinity of WvW.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

I am not really sure why they made my pet so totally useless in WvW Part of the reason is the Nerf to its health in WvW part of it is the AI.

But every ranger skill, Trait, Weapon effect ect … that has anything to do with the ranger’s pet is Basically Useless. I counted 23 traits alone that effect the ranger pet in some way, shape or form Which makes me believe that the pet is a very important part of the Ranger as a class.

In WvW Never does a Leader ever say " I got room for 2 more, any Rangers out there need a group ?" Its always the same old “We need more Guardians or Warriors or Ele’s”.
They have become the holly Trinity of WvW.

It not that the health was nerfed for wvw, it was buffed in PvE. The wvw health of the pets use to be the standard.

we are a pet class so there are lots of pet traits, makes sense to me.

Thief, engis and to a lesser extent Mez’s are also not ask to join the commanders party ether. The ranger player base is also at fault for the “rangers are bad mentality”, to many of us think that we can shoot form a far with our bearbow and zerker gear and contribute.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaybosh.5183

Kaybosh.5183

The sad reality is that in most situations the ranger`s pet is useless, Why ?lemme give you some simple examples:
-Pet pathfinding is poor,for example if you orded it to attack a thief(who is constantly moving/dodge)the pet will end up doing circles around the target instead of attacking it.
-The pet cannot autoattack while moving, to be able to land an attack first will have to reach the target and hold the position for a little moment and then will attack.
-Pet can`t jump over a cliff,birds have wings just for the desing as example, so whenever you will get down a cliff you`ll find your pet running on a very long way around the cliff(pathfinding)
-The pet got no intelligence at all, no dodge or self defense system, in wvw send him in a grp of 3 people and in the next 5 sec you will hear “My pet needs help/Pet down” because it will walk/stay in every aoe that your enemy will cast

If they can`t fix the pet atleast remove the traits refering to them or remove it completly and rename the class in “archer” and put a bow instead of the bear paw.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

rename the class in “archer”

Not that it’s ever gonna happen, but I can’t for the life of me think of any good reasons why a removal of the pet would make a renaming like that make any sense.

It’s not like the class is called a beastmaster (which it probably should have been called in the first place, because of how stripped down it feels compared to the GW1 ranger and pets being the mandatory class mechanic instead of an optional mechanic.).

A bit less off topic.. I never see Anet do a massive improvement or rework on something as lazy and sloppy as a mandotory pet AI. The class mechanic feels less than half done and not well thought out during development.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

in Ranger

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Sadly the developers insist on saddling the Ranger with a pet and insist it is part of their dps package. Yet in many environments it is virtually useless, which renders the Ranger’s damage on the low end of the scale in those environments and encounters and why people rag on the Ranger as a class.

Take non-mobile objects. They refuse to attack them…..most irritating.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…