Why does shortbow suck?

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I hear every ranger whines that shortbow sucks. IMO, my opinion is 180. It is a great condi weapon for rangers.

Crossfire- Great condi weapon.
Poison Volley- Great condi burst.
Quick Shot- On-demand evade and swiftness.
Cripple shot- Soft CC to chase down enemies.
Concussion shot- Hard CC or interrupt.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I hear every ranger whines that shortbow sucks. IMO, my opinion is 180. It is a great condi weapon for rangers.

Because Condition Damage was nerfed into the ground.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

It doesnt suck, it just works in unpredictable ways. If you stop think about it as a condi weapon, you’ll see it shines.

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: ShadowsMaster.4251

ShadowsMaster.4251

@runeblade.7514 i guess you never used shortbow before it was nerfed into oblivion (arrow velocity, attack speed, range and damage) it was one of our best weapons and longbow was the one that sucked back then lol but shortbow was nerfed to make longbow more “appealing”.

Ranger Flynn
Veteran Of The Mists
Aurora Glade

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Crossfire is the only condition weapon that requires you to flank to get the condition.
The duration is short, and there’s not much trait to increase it’s condition duration. Also bleeding is a very weak condition compare to burning and confusion

Poison Volley requires you to stand at point blank range to get decent poison stack.

Quick Shot is an ok dodge. (swiftness is to pet not yourself..), but nothing special. Ele D/D fire 3 does immense damage, leaves a fire field, AND dodge. This one is straight out inferior in every possible aspects.

Cripple shot is nothing special too. Low damage and just cripple. It’s not bad, but not good either. Many classes got those -33% soft cc too anyway.

Concussion shot: An ok interrupt, but CD is WAY TOO LONG. Mesmer can do the CHAIN STUN with MUCH SHORTER CD WITHOUT RESTRICTION OF WEAPON!

Basically SB is a weapon with the inferiority of all the other professions combine into one.

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Shortbow in its current state is partially the result of the old Spirit Ranger meta and partly from a kittenty attempt to make the Longbow attractive (before actually, you know buffing the Longbow as was done in the end). Once upon a time it had 1200 range and a much faster firing rate.

It’s a supremely underwhelming weapon now, useful only for +1 flanking. The main issue is that it just lacks meaningful utility for a 900 range weapon, where enemies can just get in your face and kill you. Quick Shot for example shouldn’t simply be a dodge, it should work like non-stun breaking Lightning Reflexes to be effective.

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

runeblade.7514

@runeblade.7514 i guess you never used shortbow before it was nerfed into oblivion (arrow velocity, attack speed, range and damage) it was one of our best weapons and longbow was the one that sucked back then lol but shortbow was nerfed to make longbow more “appealing”.

The 900 range nerf? So what? Shortbow was still a great weapon after the nerf.

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

runeblade.7514

Because Condition Damage was nerfed into the ground.

When was that?

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Because it’s simply worst designed weapon in the entire game.

It lacks any theme. Has Conditions, has some power damage, has some cc, has some evade, has some pet skill. Sucks in all of them.

It’s strongest aspect is just freaking pew pew auto attack and that always infuriates me. It doesn’t have anything interesting for the Ranger or worth dodging for opponent.

I needs complete overahaul, possibly to weapon for Interrupt-based Ranger like Ranger builds in GW1.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

runeblade.7514

Crossfire is the only condition weapon that requires you to flank to get the condition.
The duration is short, and there’s not much trait to increase it’s condition duration. Also bleeding is a very weak condition compare to burning and confusion

Poison Volley requires you to stand at point blank range to get decent poison stack.

Quick Shot is an ok dodge. (swiftness is to pet not yourself..), but nothing special. Ele D/D fire 3 does immense damage, leaves a fire field, AND dodge. This one is straight out inferior in every possible aspects.

Cripple shot is nothing special too. Low damage and just cripple. It’s not bad, but not good either. Many classes got those -33% soft cc too anyway.

Concussion shot: An ok interrupt, but CD is WAY TOO LONG. Mesmer can do the CHAIN STUN with MUCH SHORTER CD WITHOUT RESTRICTION OF WEAPON!

Basically SB is a weapon with the inferiority of all the other professions combine into one.

Poison volley- So what? Its quite easy to land it at point blank.

Quick shot- Lava font doesn’t have cripple and it is easy to dodge. Oh wait, why are we comparing skills of another class?

Cripple shot- A ranged shot with 0 cast time.

Concussion Shot- Engineer Flame jet can’t even daze.

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

runeblade.7514

Because it’s simply worst designed weapon in the entire game.

It lacks any theme. Has Conditions, has some power damage, has some cc, has some evade, has some pet skill. Sucks in all of them.

It’s strongest aspect is just freaking pew pew auto attack and that always infuriates me. It doesn’t have anything interesting for the Ranger or worth dodging for opponent.

I needs complete overahaul, possibly to weapon for Interrupt-based Ranger like Ranger builds in GW1.

Then you can ay it is a Jack of all trade weapons. I fully utilize in every single one of them. If I use a sword/dagger, I wouldn’t be able to get a stun when I need it most.

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

I agree, I almost run nothing but SB/GS for the alst 2 years. But, its mostly a single target weapon with good sustianble dmage, no big spikes.

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: ShadowsMaster.4251

ShadowsMaster.4251

It can’t even pierce at 900 unless 5 enemies line up in front of you and stand still (with their back to you just to even get the bleeds), we need the 1200 to effectively hit more than 1 or 2 targets, it can’t even hit targets on a wall unless they’re hanging off the edge all you get is ‘Obstructed’ and with half the velocity of LB and 10% of the damage it’s like shooting chopsticks, but if you like wet noodles then be my guest, i’ll stick to LB and roll in the bags (lol)

Ranger Flynn
Veteran Of The Mists
Aurora Glade

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

In sPvP with your shortBow any Any s/t+a/d ranger will kitten you in to pieces smile to your convulsions and split on your corps after deadly dance around you.

SB is worst weapon for ranger atm.
1. It’s not giving good survivability.
2. It’s not giving good burst damage.
3. it’s not giving any team support.
4. it’s not giving any self buffs.
5. it’s not giving any good Sustain damage.
6. it’s not giving any good CC. (1sec stun 45sec CD)(tell that joke for mesmer or to “Skull cracker” warrior)
7.It’s not having good range(almost meele range distance, if you want to pierce someone)
It’s bad in ALL parts of it.

Add range 1200
Change 1st skill: Apply 3sec bleed from EVERY attack, if flanking, then apply 6sec bleed.
Decrease 5th skill CD to 25sec, then may-be people will start to use it.

Other way any other ranger weapon fits much more to its role.

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: MadCat.9172

MadCat.9172

Poison volley- So what? Its quite easy to land it at point blank.

Quick shot- Lava font doesn’t have cripple and it is easy to dodge. Oh wait, why are we comparing skills of another class?

Cripple shot- A ranged shot with 0 cast time.

Concussion Shot- Engineer Flame jet can’t even daze.

You’re just trolling, arent you ?
#1: Hahaha let me laugh again hahahaha
#2: The only decent skill but you have to have many condi dam cuz posion dam is low. Also you have to get very close to use it effectively, otherwise it’s meh. High risk but not so high reward.
#3: The distance of retreat is too short, also you must hit enemy to get swiftness. It needs some effect like cure immobi/ cripple ?
#4: Hahaha why do we need 3s cripple with only 900 range, dam deal is almost zero ? 2 stack torment + pet next attack cripple enemy seem Ok.
#5: Huge cd, 1s daze is worthless. IMO 1s stun/daze + 2 stack confusion in front, 2s stun + 3-4 stack confusion in flank.

(edited by MadCat.9172)

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: Kyosji.8961

Kyosji.8961

I came back after 2+ years of not playing. I created a Ranger, and assumed it would be like it was before cause everyone was talking up how great a power build with LB+GS was. Played the first 10 levels, thought it was alright, but wanted to try out condition build. I used a condition build with A/T + SB from level 10-50 and loved it. I just felt that single target DPS was slow compared to everything else I was melting, so went back to a power build with GS+LB. To my surprise, it takes me longer to kill a mob with level 50 power gear then it did with level 40 condition gear. I’m sucking it up this batch of 10 levels, but I already pre-bought my condition gear for level 60 again.

I honestly don’t see why people think the power build with GS and LB is better than a condition build. LB is too slow, and lacks the ‘oomph’ people claims it does. It’s a slow damage weapon. The only good thing that LB has is the appid fire and that #5 AoE attack.

(edited by Kyosji.8961)

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Reasons why Shortbow is considered meh.

In PvE – it doesn’t have any direct or condi burst. None.
In PvP – it doesn’t offer any real DPS pressure. Requires your target to at least partly ignore you – and even then you won’t be able to force him into the down state.
The CC it offers has long CD for the use.

As it stands – it’s a hybrid utility weapon. That doesn’t make you live longer, that doesn’t help you kill people, that doesn’t help you lock people down.
It does everything and nothing in particular at the same time.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: Bingo.2174

Bingo.2174

Rangers nerfed so hard that niether bow is an option anymore.

Too bad I have both legendary bows. :\

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

The better question OP is… why does ranger in general suck..

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Rizo.9534

Imho rangers are not suck. They’re just not as good as other classes in almost every way. But not in every part of the game.

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

SkiTz.4590

Imho rangers are not suck. They’re just not as good as other classes in almost every way. But not in every part of the game.

Thats my definition of suck…
if they aren’t as competitive as the other classes..than guess what, it sucks!.
Its been WELL documented how below average to mediocre this class is in EACH of the big 3 modes (sPvP, WvW, PvE). That imo, defines it as a “sucks”

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Rizo.9534

There are few competitive builds in SPvP. Pointholder for example.

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

SkiTz.4590

There are few competitive builds in SPvP. Pointholder for example.

No real competitive teams have rangers and for a good reason.. they are a self support class, not a team support class, and if you spec fully into team support, its garbage because rangers have pathetic team support/ultiity.

Rangers are jack of all trades… except so are Eles and Engi’s… guess how far up the competitive ladder Eles and Engis are compared to lowly ranger?

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

The real problem is that they have different teams working on each profession and YOU CAN TELL. Some teams consistently improve their class by increasing synergy or fixing “broken” things. Meanwhile some teams consistently behave completely opposite…step back and look at the design flow some class have or don’t have and it just slaps you in the face how different the people are who design the classes.

I don’t know what happened to the Ranger design team in the past but you can tell they’re scared to implement any impressive or meaningful changes for whatever reason and it’s saddening. I felt really bad watching the liveatream a few weeks ago about all these “really impressive” ranger changes and although we got some good “new” buffs nothing that was “broken” got fixed and the flow of the class remained unfocused and ultimately ineffective. At all. In fact, some stuff got worse that was supposed to be a main emphasis of the redisgn and it just makes you wonder what made them so seemingly reserved about their design philosophy. Surely they’re not THAT bad at their jobs.

And finally you have to wonder, who sits there, overlooks the grand picture of class balance, flow, and effectiveness, and says there is a fair distribution of the aforementioned. Cuz THEY are bad at their job. I don’t like saying things like this, directly or not, but it hurts when I go to wiki and can see the complete, obvious difference between the classes. It hurts even more if you’re someone that consistantly, or used to, put a lot of effort into bringing core issues to light in professional ways only to have it completely ignored for years while THE SAME ISSUES continue to hurt or hinder the class.

They really don’t have any possible excuse at all to not have gotten it right by now. None at all.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

(edited by Castaliea.3156)

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

why is the sky blue? because ANet is clueless. theyre bads who have been bad a game design and balancing since the game was released.

to the point, SB could have been good if poison volley was a true poison nuke. I called it when the changes were announced – if poison volley was bad, the entire weapon would be useless. this is mostly due to poison stacks not doing enough damage. I thought we’d be able to coordinate nice condi spikes with poison volley, but even that flopped. in fact, the entire weapon does horrible damage. the AA is bad, #3 and #4 are bad utility abilities. u get no survivability, no damage, and very limited utility.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

SkiTz.4590

why is the sky blue? because ANet is clueless. theyre bads who have been bad a game design and balancing since the game was released.

to the point, SB could have been good if poison volley was a true poison nuke. I called it when the changes were announced – if poison volley was bad, the entire weapon would be useless. this is mostly due to poison stacks not doing enough damage. I thought we’d be able to coordinate nice condi spikes with poison volley, but even that flopped. in fact, the entire weapon does horrible damage. the AA is bad, #3 and #4 are bad utility abilities. u get no survivability, no damage, and very limited utility.

Id go as far as saying its one of the worst , if not the worst skillset for a weapon in the entire game (that includes PvE weapons you can pick up from the ground like flamethrowers on karka island… literally all 5 skills are pathethic.

It has one use – flanking upon a group of ppl fighting and just letting the shortbows AA pew pew at will while you stand and watch like a little puhsay and hope the people fighting ignore you so you can continue stacking bleeds like a little girl in the background.

This entire class is just filed with mediocrity, its sickening.

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

The entire weaponset needs a redesign:

SB1: needs to bleed when not flanking (either a 1, 1.5, or even 2 second base) and then double duration when flanking. If the direct damage needs toning, fine.

SB2: arrow “sticks” into intended target (the things it pierces only get 1 stack, or just remove the piercing mechanic from SB traits entirely and give it its own unique mechanic that isn’t copy/paste projectile pierce) and stacks poison every second (like warrior sword 4), but can be activated early and “detonate” to create an AoE field that stacks poison and/or whatever else if needed in the area. If it’s too strong, give it a mechanic like Guardian staff 2 where the active being used and strong is offset by an increased cooldown.

SB3: Needs to stay the same, then add an unconditional “removes cripple/chill/immobilize from the pet” and also a conditional “evading an attack also removes these conditions from you.”

SB4: Condition damage needs to scale off of the player and not the pet. Should make the pet apply 3+ bleeds with their next single attack, instead of 1 bleed for 3 attacks.

SB5: Keep functionally, and then bring back some GW1 magic and add “skills interrupted by this attack while flanking have a 10 second cooldown increase.”

Now, am I going to get upset if people disagree with my vision of the SB? Not at all. But I do think I’m illustrating my point; that ANet and I are far away from common ground on what the SB should be.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

How exactly is the SB any worse off than the LB?

LB #1 is terrible unless you trait lead the wind
LB #2 has so many ways to avoid / interrupt / negate it that its laughable
LB #3 requires you hit to stealth, and the stealth is ‘meh’ at best
LB #4 is more known for angering people than actually being any use (and also easy to negate)
LB #5 is LOL

So, both bows are terrible then? Slippery slope to…Ranger in general is terrible then.

The issues with the SB are:

1. The range, it really needs 1200 for cripple / concussion to be threatening

2. Concussion shot needs a cooldown reduction

3. Possibly slight damage modifier increases, more to the auto attack than anything as the other skills are pretty utility oriented

Oh, and to the people that say SB is the worst designed weapon in the game…over OH axe? Really?

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

SkiTz.4590

LB #4 is more known for angering people than actually being any use (and also easy to negate)
LB #5 is LOL

So, both bows are terrible then? Slippery slope to…Ranger in general is terrible then.

3. Possibly slight damage modifier increases, more to the auto attack than anything as the other skills are pretty utility oriented

Oh, and to the people that say SB is the worst designed weapon in the game…over OH axe? Really?

Im talking about SB as its a weapon that has 5 skill set… and i’m comparing that to ALL weapon sets similar to 5 skills… like greatswords, staffs, etc..thats what i’m comparing SB to.. not a single hand weapon like OH axe.. which I agree is worthless lol but its infinitely more useful at least in PvE than SB will ever be.

SB is literally useless in EVERY aspect of the game.

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Bingo.2174

LB #5 is LOL

Im talking about SB as its a weapon that has 5 skill set… and i’m comparing that to ALL weapon sets similar to 5 skills… like greatswords, staffs, etc..thats what i’m comparing SB to.. not a single hand weapon like OH axe.. which I agree is worthless lol but its infinitely more useful at least in PvE than SB will ever be.

SB is literally useless in EVERY aspect of the game.

Heh, this is one of those instances where you’re both agreeing- both bows suck! Both bows need buffs!

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Gotejjeken.1267

I don’t think SB ‘sucks’. I think it could use a few improvement’s here or there, but I use it all the time.

For instance, the first fight against a war in this video:

https://youtu.be/QrYrCEBPkZs

Compare that with the last fight in the video (also against a war), and I find that the SB was way more effective than S/T + A/D.

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Rizo.9534

I don’t think SB ‘sucks’. I think it could use a few improvement’s here or there, but I use it all the time.

Compare that with the last fight in the video (also against a war), and I find that the SB was way more effective than S/T + A/D.

in 1st video – allmost all damage comes from S+T and bird. and from sb it was about 9% of overall damage.

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

Yea, the intended functionality of the weapon is totally irrelevant with the current state of the game. It was good at launch, but things have changed so much now that a revamp is in order.

Stormbluff Isle

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

The problem is torch got nerfed to ground and axe main-hand is an even more brokenly bad weapon that need more redesigned..

When you compare to 2 of the worst weapons in the game, SB starts looking “ok”.
But go compare to any of the Ele’s weapon and you’d see the difference is from up to heaven to the depth of hell.

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Shortbow was fine pre 23rd when sustained damage was a thing.

But now we can’t tank anymore, and SB needs a big damage buff to be worth taking.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Bingo.2174

Ranger was in a pretty decent spot overall pre-23. Was it the best? No. Did it lack in some areas? Sure. But the areas it lacked in were made up for by mobility and survivability and flexibility of play.

Nerfs to ranger and buffs to other classes really make it necessary for Anet to reevaluate the current state of ranger… the sooner the better.

We have lost the ability to be competitive with two of our two handed weapons (LB and SB), and have glitched off-hand range. Dare I say we are in a worse state than necro? :P

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Shortbow needs more skills that feel significant.

Crossfire

• This skill is fine. It might need some finetuning but the mechanic itself is great and promotes clever positioning/creates the image of hunting people down.

Poison Volley

• I would have said it needs a mayor change a few weeks ago but it actually also seems fine since the stacking condis change. They could always slightly buff the numbers if it feels too weak.

Quick Shot

• Low cooldown evade and some swiftness? Also fine and allows for skillful plays.

Crippling Shot

• This one feels like it does too little. You just sometimes press the button since the cripple can be useful but it isn’t exactly a super hard thing to apply in general. Pet bleeds are worthless. I would actually like to see a complete mechanical change here.
  • Maybe make it a forward dodgeroll and let the next attack (or 3 attacks) apply some cripple. When you click it you see an arrow that let’s you set the direction. Then you dodge roll towards that direction (can be standard dodging anim and distance). Such a skill would be great for a skirmishing weapon like SB.

Concussion Shot

• This one also seems okay but it should make the pet’s next attack deal 50% extra damage like Hilt Bash of greatsword. Would open up BM builds eventually and both skills do almost the exact same thing anyway.

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Gotejjeken.1267

in 1st video – allmost all damage comes from S+T and bird. and from sb it was about 9% of overall damage.

Which is fine…SB is not a damage weapon, its a pressure one. The first three fights are after the patch, the last two are pre-patch (I do miss that large bonfire).

My point is with SB + S/T, I had to let the guy get up from downed to keep the fight going. With S/T + A/D, there was nowhere near enough pressure to end the fight…as you see it took forever as war can cleanse with the best of them.

In short, I’m not losing any of my fights because of SB. So, while ranger may be underpowered in comparison to other classes, I don’t think SB is badly designed or in a horrible state. As I posted above, it is no worse state than the LB.

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

The entire weaponset needs a redesign:

SB1: needs to bleed when not flanking (either a 1, 1.5, or even 2 second base) and then double duration when flanking. If the direct damage needs toning, fine.

SB2: arrow “sticks” into intended target (the things it pierces only get 1 stack, or just remove the piercing mechanic from SB traits entirely and give it its own unique mechanic that isn’t copy/paste projectile pierce) and stacks poison every second (like warrior sword 4), but can be activated early and “detonate” to create an AoE field that stacks poison and/or whatever else if needed in the area. If it’s too strong, give it a mechanic like Guardian staff 2 where the active being used and strong is offset by an increased cooldown.

SB3: Needs to stay the same, then add an unconditional “removes cripple/chill/immobilize from the pet” and also a conditional “evading an attack also removes these conditions from you.”

SB4: Condition damage needs to scale off of the player and not the pet. Should make the pet apply 3+ bleeds with their next single attack, instead of 1 bleed for 3 attacks.

SB5: Keep functionally, and then bring back some GW1 magic and add “skills interrupted by this attack while flanking have a 10 second cooldown increase.”

Now, am I going to get upset if people disagree with my vision of the SB? Not at all. But I do think I’m illustrating my point; that ANet and I are far away from common ground on what the SB should be.

I would suggest the AA be made into a chain based on these….

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Crossfire : Unblockable if near an ally : inflicts bleeding
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Barbed_Arrows : Inflicts bleeding
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Debilitating_Shot : Inflicts weakness if target is bleeding

Poison Volly. Intended to run with Poison master. Can’t see expanding this without making it a bit OP, considering it already peirces by default.

Quick shot : Add – Blinds target if you are flanking, or if target is flanking you. Blind 2s. (Quick shot is unique as the only skill that can attack “Behind” a player without turning them around)

Cripshot is actually ok for the most part. Could use better trait synergy.

Change Concussion shot into http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Broad_Head_Arrow: Cast 1 – CD 22: Dazes a foe for 2 sec, or Stuns for 2 seconds if foe is interrupted

And make this a Trait:
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Marksman%27s_Wager : All weapons skill cool downs are recharged by 3 seconds when you interrupt a foe. ICD 10sec

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: Vendetta.1958

Vendetta.1958

Shortbow imo has the highest skill cap of all ranger weaponsets.

The fact that 80% of you insist that it is a condition weapon is laughable, and demonstrates that you have not fully experimented with the weapon.

Leave shortbow as is.

Veypa Windclaw
Fanciest Charr OCX
Mreow – [HD]

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

The fact that 80% of you insist that it is a condition weapon is laughable, and demonstrates that you have not fully experimented with the weapon.

Leave shortbow as is.

I always find it amusing that there’re always some Mr. genius criticize or verbally harass other people without backing up his claims with evidence or examples. It always ends up leaving them with 0 credibility and give a laugh to their readers.

This seem to be the trend of the Majority of the forum posts.

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

Leave shortbow as is.

I always find it amusing that there’re always some Mr. genius criticize or verbally harass other people without backing up his claims with evidence or examples. It always ends up leaving them with 0 credibility and give a laugh to their readers.

This seem to be the trend of the Majority of the forum posts.

He was trolling. He had to be. The entire point of the weapon is spam 1.

Stormbluff Isle

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Leave shortbow as is.

Sb/GS in a power build was “OK” pre 23rd, post patch neither weapon has enough damage to be viable.

Condi or power.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: Vendetta.1958

Vendetta.1958

The entire point of shortbow is to use the five abilities on your bar at the opportune moment, as they all deal the same damage. That is, unless you’re running some dumb faceroll Condi build. In which case, if you lose, you should probs reroll to a cele DD ele or something.

As I said, 80% of you insist that the only source of damage is the bleeds, and you’re straight up wrong.

Veypa Windclaw
Fanciest Charr OCX
Mreow – [HD]

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

That’s how all condition weapons should be in some shape or form, the auto attack should not so easily apply a condition because it makes over half the condition removal skills in the game irrelevant when you can just reapply that pressure in seconds.

I praise SB, always have, as the most balanced condition weapon and only wished other weapons would follow it. It’s ridiculous to have things like warrior sword aa apply 8 second base bleed x2 each chain but things like vital shot (being really slow) and crossfire (requiring flanking) or frag shot (only 4 with traits, and slow) be stuck with 4. Even if they are ranged, melee harassment can make short of that very quickly. I’m not suggesting to buff the lower values, I am against this power creep non-sense, but to tone the insanity down a bit and work on the 2-5 skills if need be to make conditions a little more skill based and not use the weapon skills whenever and melt people with an auto attack. That being said, some weapon skills need to be toned down for condition builds as well, like stacking double digit burns off a 15 second cd.

I only wish sb had a little power love, concussion shot with moment of clarity -> swap to GS for maul is fun but it’d be nice if some skill on sb had a decent power ratio like #4.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

(edited by NinjaEd.3946)

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Gotejjeken.1267

Leave shortbow as is.

I mostly agree, and even posted a video to help support this. No one listened though…so good luck.

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Leave shortbow as is.

I mostly agree, and even posted a video to help support this. No one listened though…so good luck.

I love shortbow. LB is too generic 1 skill do huge damage kind of thing and clunky to use in melee range.

Only thing SB could have a rework is scale a little bit damage, and add more of those “pets get…..” like SB number 4.

Range could use some work too. maybe 1000 is good.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

As with many other weapons on ranger and necro. It just needs some buffs to a few skills to be good enough. If they wanted to keep it a hybrid weapon, then they should buff the direct damage of poison volley and concussion shot. If they want to make it more condi focused something will have to be done about the auto. Either way the crippling shot needs to apply 3 bleeds from the arrow, and then the pet could apply the cripple. That or make the pets actually have condition damage.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Gotejjeken.1267

The only thing I dislike about the pet buffs is that pets are a bit too unreliable to hit. It’s one of the things that I dislike about crippling shot actually…three bleeds are not so great.

Why does shortbow suck?

in Ranger

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

The entire point of shortbow is to use the five abilities on your bar at the opportune moment, as they all deal the same damage. That is, unless you’re running some dumb faceroll Condi build. In which case, if you lose, you should probs reroll to a cele DD ele or something.

As I said, 80% of you insist that the only source of damage is the bleeds, and you’re straight up wrong.

If you want power, use longbow. Shortbow is a hybrid weapon. So there’s nothing wrong with using it either for condition builds or power builds. Shortbow would be best with a celestial build but might stacking is iffy when mixing up the traits for might generation and getting optimal survivability traits at the same time.

I can just stay at 1,500 range and spam you to death with you in shortbow and dodge important canine attacks (most run canine or spider). Mesmer as well with GS 1,200 , etc etc.

I’m sure you’re a WvW roaming player who doesn’t get the chance to fight actually good players who take advantage of >900 range properly. Most WvW players are just simply bad utilizing builds to carry instead of actual player skill.

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma