Why don't pets attack ground targets?

in Ranger

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

In PVE, why don’t pets attack ground targets?

It takes much longer to destroy ground targets (turrents, bulidings, items etc..) you can tell them to attack as many times as you want but they will just sit there doing nothing.
This one turret was shooting my shark to death but he just stood there doing nothing while I slowly killed it.

I chose ranger because I assumed it’s not an entirely broken class (seeing as launch was a long time ago) but things like this make me think otherwise. I chose a pet class cos I wanna use my pets… why arena net not allow us to use pets?

I’m starting to see a trend forming with rangers where pets are (due to all the bugs and funky AI mechanics) actually a bad way to go as far as trying to use them to help you kill things…

Pet Bug(?) List So Far:
—> No risen attacking them
—> No ability to attack ground targets

I’ll keep playing and see what else doesn’t work with pets but should..

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

(edited by Vashoom.8512)

in Ranger

Posted by: BlackhawkSOM.6401

BlackhawkSOM.6401

They do hit turrets and gates I know that for sure. You got to attack those things first and then swap to a pet and don’t use their F2 skill before they attack it.

Pets dont aggro mobs anymore btw which is why you said risen arent attacking them. They only attack if you attack the mob or if the mob is attacking you.(this was done last patch)

Pets aren’t a perfect system but they help make ranger the best overall class imo despite all the flaws the ranger has..and there is A LOT of flaws..(marksmanship trait line, longbow, spirits, ect)

Retuxan-80 Ranger-Rank 40
Jade quarry, MoG

(edited by BlackhawkSOM.6401)

in Ranger

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

As stated, pets can no longer grab aggro by proximity to the enemy alone. This is so that when you jump off that ledge to avoid a group of enemies, your pet will take the long way through them but will no longer pull them.

However, I know what you mean by the other thing. There are times when I’m attacking some object, which can be reach and hit by melee, and the pet is just standing there. Switch, use F2, don’t use F2, command attack, etc. it doesn’t matter.

What’s even worse is, find a map where there are eagles, hawks, ect. as critters (not beasts). When one is on the move flying, tell your pet to attack. Ensure that it is a melee pet. Watch as the pet runs up, stops, hits nothing but air and repeats until the critter finally stops moving.

(edited by Deamhan.9538)

in Ranger

Vashoom.8512

correct deamhan, the suggested tactic doesn’t work.

see proof! —> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_JMzx2hj6k

and about the risen, I think you mis-understood, see post —>
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Why-don-t-risen-attack-pets/first#post1961815

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

in Ranger

Posted by: Arpheus.6918

Arpheus.6918

Same thing happens with doors in the new dungeon for example. They won’t attack it no matter if I attack it or not.
Would be nice if this was fixed. We should be able to let pets attack anything that the player can attack. Even if the ranger himself didn’t attack the target previously.

in Ranger

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

I get what your say now. Yeah, I have sent my pet out to attack risen and have seen them come after me at first hit by my pet. A couple more hits from my pet and none from me usually causes them to turn around. It doesn’t happen all the time though. It also doesn’t seem to matter if it’s the same mob or different mobs.

It’s almost like there is a conflict within the program that is causing unpredictable reactions from them. Makes it better IMO. It makes the AI seem a little bit more intelligent.

in Ranger

Vashoom.8512

it’s still happening, they are not attacking ground targets, please fix this!