Why everyone wants dmg?

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Anet gives in LB one of the strongest mechanic in the game right now and instead of trying to adapt our gameplay and style on it we just ask for more dmg….Like zombies walking mindlessly saying “more dmg in autoattack,more dmg in autoattack”…The most of the Rangers are pleased with the changes ofc,but there are still some qqers out there still complaining….
Seriously guys.I really like the gameplay of Longbow right now,they way it changed the way we use it and the options that is giving now is more entertaining..Still there is place for more changes in Rangers but will come in time…I dont understand why everyone wants to see big numbers..

Am i the only one enjoying the whole combat and not only the numbers?

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Don’t feed the trolls. Everyone with half a brain is loving this change.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Dardamaniac.1295

Chopps i like you

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I’ll be serious…

My complaint with this class revolves around how boring it is to play. I realize I’m setting myself up for failure because I don’t really want to play a melee ranger, but shortbow and longbow are boring. You literally do nothing but run around in circles auto-attacking things until your opponent eventually dies of boredom himself.

A lot of the skills aren’t ‘fun’ to use because it’s just a lot of nothing. Poison volley doesn’t do anything noticeable and poisons don’t work well/if at all. Using shortbow 4 and 5 are effectively the same exact thing and are used for the same general purpose. Longbow has a very bad auto attack, a second move which is a slightly less-worse bad auto attack that applies vuln now.

Flashy numbers are fun. It makes you feel like you’re doing something productive. It’s also the primary way to apply pressure in a PvP setting. Single target, low, sustained damage isn’t going to pressure people. The primary way to do it is either controllable burst or AE. Neither the class does very well at from ranged. So in order to feel like you’re doing something productive people tend to enjoy doing burst damage or AE.

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

People with a full brain see that this doesn’t solve much for us really.

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

It’s perfect for me. I run LB/GS for WvW and now with stealth/remorseless and a guaranteed opening strike Maul….

Happy happy happy.

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Conan.8046

It’s perfect for me. I run LB/GS for WvW and now with stealth/remorseless and a guaranteed opening strike Maul….

Happy happy happy.

Remorseless is bugged atm i believe. Just so you know.

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Happy happy happy.

I actually somewhat changed my mind and made a thread about it. I run GS/LB, and though Remorseless + Maul sound nice, I’m not sure if I want to lose Eagle Eye/Piercing Arrow for it now…

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: FranBunnyFFXII.3508

FranBunnyFFXII.3508

I’ll be serious…

My complaint with this class revolves around how boring it is to play. I realize I’m setting myself up for failure because I don’t really want to play a melee ranger, but shortbow and longbow are boring. You literally do nothing but run around in circles auto-attacking things until your opponent eventually dies of boredom himself.

you kinda missed the point of playing an archer archetype there….

Franbunny Alice Viera – 25/F/USA
|Aurin Esper|Castanic Archer|Sword Fiona|Norn Ranger|Blood Elf Fire Mage|Togruta Sith|

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: Silanae.2856

Silanae.2856

Sorry to disappoint you, but I have more than just half a brain and I’m very disappointed by this change. I don’t do pvp on my ranger and don’t care about pvp. I’ve been running LB/SB for a long time, and have always accepted that it isn’t a build for everyone and that many folk on these forums would disagree with my love for the combination of these two weapons and the way in which I can adapt them to different fights.

This new change has really hurt my rotation, but I’ll adjust to that. I always do. Until then, though, I’m going to be saddened by yet another sign that my love for rangers with actual bows in a pve setting isn’t shared by the developers, despite them doing nice things with longbows in other classes.

You might disagree with me, but I do have the full right to express my opinion about the game without that making me a troll. If anything, you adding that post with only that statement in it makes you far more of a troll than persons with ‘less than half a brain’ who don’t love this change.

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

Sorry to disappoint you, but I have more than just half a brain and I’m very disappointed by this change. I don’t do pvp on my ranger and don’t care about pvp. I’ve been running LB/SB for a long time, and have always accepted that it isn’t a build for everyone and that many folk on these forums would disagree with my love for the combination of these two weapons and the way in which I can adapt them to different fights.

This new change has really hurt my rotation, but I’ll adjust to that. I always do. Until then, though, I’m going to be saddened by yet another sign that my love for rangers with actual bows in a pve setting isn’t shared by the developers, despite them doing nice things with longbows in other classes.

You might disagree with me, but I do have the full right to express my opinion about the game without that making me a troll. If anything, you adding that post with only that statement in it makes you far more of a troll than persons with ‘less than half a brain’ who don’t love this change.

He’s got a point. The longbow change doesn’t really help much in a pve setting. But, warhorn #5 did become a blast finisher and I can see that being put to good use.

Stormbluff Isle

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: FranBunnyFFXII.3508

FranBunnyFFXII.3508

Even from someone who does PVP, this change sucks.
I loved the Shortbow longbow combo, now longbow has no real place other than to be a low damage avoidance weapon…but for what? 20 second swap time is 20seconds that you’d be doing useless negateble damage?

Franbunny Alice Viera – 25/F/USA
|Aurin Esper|Castanic Archer|Sword Fiona|Norn Ranger|Blood Elf Fire Mage|Togruta Sith|

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: Daze.6914

Daze.6914

Funny how every player has a different vision of how the profession must be played.

War Inc. Community [WIC]
Far Shiverpeaks
GW2 WvW - GW2 Gem Price

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

To those who want damage- Try melee.

Enjoy.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

I miss the days of circle kiting and a bow class that actually had uses for bows outside of aoe dungeon clearing.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: Silver.4798

Silver.4798

From a DPS standpoint, rather than the range to the LB 4 skill I’d have loved it if they upped the damage output instead. I can stack the hell out of vuln with this new change to the remorseless trait, but without a heavy hitting ranged finisher besides a finicky auto-attack the weaponset feels a bit incomplete.

What I don’t agree with is a lot of rangers complaining about stealth and how useless it is in PvE and is only a PvP tool… stealth messes with the AI a lot more than it’ll ever mess with a player that knows how stealth works, you dont see players in wvw just stand there, turn their back and walk away when a thief CnD’s them like a typical mob would. The outrage seems to be based on the fact that LB damage output doesn’t seem to be buffed and the stealth is taking the heat for it.

I agree with the damage complains, I was hoping for a true one shot snipe skill that hits like a brick from max range, which would be a nice finish to the setup of stacking a ton of vuln. I disagree with the stealth complaints, it is a great offensive and defensive tool to pick your fights. Players who main classes with the stealth mechanic knows what I mean, it takes a bit getting used to.

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Conan.8046

Enjoy.

Rotation = 1111111111111111111111111111111111111

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

swiftpaw.6397

Enjoy.

And? That’s just how it is. You want damage, that’s what you have to do. You will never get decent damage on ranged weapons, it’s against what A-Net wants.

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Miflett.3472

Personally I didn’t need a stealth in PvE to keep me alive. This hate is coming from the fact that every bow weapon is being forced into a support role like every other class while melee still stands at the forefront.

Play style also has a big impact on it. I’m an aggressive player and the last thing I want to see on a weapon I have high hopes for is a disengage.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I’ll be serious…

you kinda missed the point of playing an archer archetype there….

No I didn’t… I’ve never played an MMO where the archer didn’t do anything but auto attack. The only time other than GW 2 that I did nothing but auto-attack all day was back when WoW allowed macros and I made an IWIN button to top the DPS charts (See: Zanzer Patchwerk).

Shortbow still has the boring auto attack playstyle that’s reinforced because every attack does no appreciable damage. Longbow shouldn’t be the same thing. Longbow should be the power alternative to shortbow’s condition focus and be more interactive and fun with burst, crits, and options.

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Miflett.3472

Enjoy.

And? That’s just how it is. You want damage, that’s what you have to do. You will never get decent damage on ranged weapons, it’s against what A-Net wants.

While you are correct, that’s pretty kitten sad.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

swiftpaw.6397

Enjoy.

While you are correct, that’s pretty kitten sad.

I’ve never been a fan of their design philosophy.

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: Simon.3106

Simon.3106

Agreed. I feel that SB is boring (in my perspective. Everyone is different so take no offense of it), and prefer the difficulty and complication of using the LB. It takes a talented mind to improvise, though I won’t deny that stealth thing is difficult to work with. I am sure some LB users felt that they are now missing an additional attack skill in their LB combos. I know I do, but I still want to explore it a bit more.

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: Silver.4798

Silver.4798

Idea: have spirits that buff party damage output the way longbow and mesmer greatsword auto attack works, i.e. the further away you are from the target the bigger the attack buff party members get? This might make a dent in the all melee all the time for increased dps meta

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: Mike.7236

Mike.7236

The lack of fun is the Ranger’s Achilles heel…

That’s why the change to the long bow is a move in the right direction – it’s more fun to go to stealth than to stack a debuff you’ll only notice if you crunch the numbers.

But the real problem is the clunky design of the game play – it’s just not a good idea to limit players to 5 main abilities, where most even have long cooldowns. You feel very little interactivity in this game, because there is so little your character can actually DO at any moment!

I personally don’t like the idea of switching between different modes, which is what you do with the weapon switch. I never got to terms with Druids in WoW for that reason, mode switching isn’t for everyone!

Except, in GW2, it really is for everyone. Every class plays like a Druid, since every class requires you to constantly change “form” if you’re going to get the most out of them.

I don’t like that style of play, and so I don’t change weapons much, no matter what Arenanet thinks about it. Which unfortunately makes the game play even more lacking in complexity than it already is.

It’s actually pretty sad that Arenanet didn’t just pick the standard MMO model with tons of abilities on quick bars that you manage yourself. There are so many things that are awesome about this game, but the thing you do 99 % of the time (killing stuff) is far less interesting than it could have been.

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

We don’t want MORE damage.

We just want the Damage BACK that was TAKEN FROM US since Launch.
We’re not even asking for that damage in PvP either.

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

But the real problem is the clunky design of the game play – it’s just not a good idea to limit players to 5 main abilities, where most even have long cooldowns. You feel very little interactivity in this game, because there is so little your character can actually DO at any moment!

I agree with this. Cool down is too long and creates very limited rotation for PVE and counter play for PVP. The skill cap is too low for this game.

I’d love to see lower cool downs across the board combined with more weapon skill sets/utilities along with the elimination of weapon swap penalty. I’m thinking the hotbar should go from 10 to 18ish for slot numbers.

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: Sentry.3691

Sentry.3691

I personally don’t like the idea of switching between different modes, which is what you do with the weapon switch. I never got to terms with Druids in WoW for that reason, mode switching isn’t for everyone!

Except, in GW2, it really is for everyone. Every class plays like a Druid, since every class requires you to constantly change “form” if you’re going to get the most out of them.

I don’t like that style of play, and so I don’t change weapons much, no matter what Arenanet thinks about it. Which unfortunately makes the game play even more lacking in complexity than it already is.

It’s actually pretty sad that Arenanet didn’t just pick the standard MMO model with tons of abilities on quick bars that you manage yourself. There are so many things that are awesome about this game, but the thing you do 99 % of the time (killing stuff) is far less interesting than it could have been.

I don’t get it. Instead of adapting to the game mechanics, you are just going to play the game as if it is another game? I hope that you never wander into wvw, because you have to be extremely active with your ranger in order to survive and thrive.

The only people who seem to appreciate the Ranger improvements made in the new patch are those who play wvw. Do you know why? Because it requires the player to react to a lot of rapidly changing combat situations that you will simply never find in pve or even spvp. And stealth is godly.

In wvw, a ranger that sits in the back of the crowd with a single weapon dies very quickly, especially if they don’t know how to dodge.

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Miflett.3472

Everyone is clueless when it comes to why people are upset about longbow. IT’S BECAUSE PvE POWER RANGERS AND WvW RANGERS HAVE TO SHARE THE SAME BOW, AND WANT DIFFERENT THINGS OUT OF IT.

The argument about one being more correct over the other is bullkitten.

Yea let’s make a game where we kitten on PvE builds for the sake of our terrible class design in which the “skill” should have been on how effectively you can control the pet.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: yoshoken.9432

yoshoken.9432

Remorseless was working fine for me in WvW last night. It refreshed on stealth as stated. However, I was mostly plinking people from afar so was full health with no adverse conditions on me. Maybe the bug has to do with stealthing while having conditions on you?

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: Sentry.3691

Sentry.3691

Everyone is clueless when it comes to why people are upset about longbow. IT’S BECAUSE PvE POWER RANGERS AND WvW RANGERS HAVE TO SHARE THE SAME BOW, AND WANT DIFFERENT THINGS OUT OF IT.

Stop shouting please. Everyone understands why you are upset. You thought that the longbow needed different changes than what it got. I certainly never expected to have stealth suddenly thrown into my lap, but I couldn’t be happier.

The simple fact of the matter is that the change to longbow is very minor. PVE players just seem to be complaining because they have to change their skill rotation.

Yes, the longbow still needs a damage buff, and I wish Rapid Fire had simply been removed as a skill and replaced by something like the Sniper Shot from the Snowball Mayhem minigame. It could still happen. (Honestly, I wish the ranger class played more like the scout class in that mini-game. The devs now seem to be moving in this direction and I love it.)

The Ranger trait lines need a ton of work still as well. Too many hugely useful longbow skills are crammed into the Marksmanship trait line; they need to be merged or moved elsewhere.

I have also never understood the overall design of the Skirmishing trait line. It is all over the place. Why are trap traits there at all when the trait line provides no bonus to condition damage? They should be in Wilderness Survival. And why is the sword and great sword trait in Wilderness Survival instead of Skirmishing? It doesn’t make any sense.

(edited by Sentry.3691)

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

The argument about one being more correct over the other is bullkitten.

Yea let’s make a game where we kitten on PvE builds for the sake of our terrible class design in which the “skill” should have been on how effectively you can control the pet.

This sums up why discussions on the ranger subforum atm are a waste of time. People are talking about two different things as though they are the same thing. Then we have people like the OP and his supports who are generalising all the criticism as senseless because stealth is powerful in PvP despite a large amount of the criticism coming from a PvE platform.

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Miflett.3472

The simple fact of the matter is that the change to longbow is very minor. PVE players just seem to be complaining because they have to change their skill rotation.

Yes, the longbow still needs a damage buff, and I wish rapid shot had simply been removed as a skill and replaced by something like the Sniper Shot from the Snowball Mayhem minigame. It could still happen. (Honestly, I wish the ranger class played more like the scout class in that mini-game. The devs now seem to be moving in this direction and I love it.)

The Ranger trait lines need a ton of work still as well. Too many hugely useful longbow skills are crammed into the Marksmanship trait line; they need to be merged or moved elsewhere.

I have also never understood the overall design of the Skirmishing trait line. It is all over the place. Why are trap traits there at all when the trait line provides no bonus to condition damage? They should be in Wilderness Survival. And why is the sword and great sword trait in Wilderness Survival instead of Skirmishing? It doesn’t make any sense.

I’m more upset about what this means for the future of longbow more than anything. The last thing that I want out of ranger is to be pushed into a melee build just because I want to build for power. That skill could have easily been developed with that in mind, but instead decided to stick something defensive in there.

It already needed help in the dps department, now it seems by doing this that they have written off any and all dps increases for it.

It’s fine to stay if remorseless could be less painful to take in the MM tree and I really believe that the balancing first and foremost should be in the consolidation of traits rather than messing with playstyles at this point.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

(edited by Miflett.3472)

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Stop shouting please. Everyone understands why you are upset. You thought that the longbow needed different changes than what it got. I certainly never expected to have stealth suddenly thrown into my lap, but I couldn’t be happier.

Yes, the longbow still needs a damage buff, and I wish rapid shot had simply been removed as a skill and replaced by something like the Sniper Shot from the Snowball Mayhem minigame. It could still happen. (Honestly, I wish the ranger class played more like the scout class in that mini-game. The devs now seem to be moving in this direction and I love it.)

Traps honestly would be really bad just thrown into the Wilderness Survival line, as it would force users to either build for offense or defense, and currently with most builds, building into WS improves survival with that build, but it would literally force trap builds to go full offense without any bolstering defensive options, making them much worse than other condition builds on other classes.

Skirmishing makes sense with the existence of rabid armor. Either that or rabid armor shouldn’t exist and traps should be moved. But with rabid armor being the stat combination that it is, it gives trap builds very high pressure capabilities while allowing them to build defensively at the same time.

BUT, it would make more sense for more skills that are useful for power builds to be put into skirmishing as well, at least at the adept and grandmaster tiers (quickdraw is okay as is, but could be merged with Eagle Eye or Piercing Arrows, so that players aren’t overburdened by the amount of useful traits in Marksmanship with the inability to take them all, even though they’re almost all needed to be as fully effective as a different class could be when building for power).

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

ilr.9675

Traps honestly would be really bad just thrown into the Wilderness Survival line, as it would force users to either build for offense or defense, and currently with most builds, building into WS improves survival with that build, but it would literally force trap builds to go full offense

This makes absolutely no sense. And Nec’s / Thieves with high conditions builds have a fraction of the Survival there (in upper PvE … where stealth doesn’t help). But nevermind that… I’m still trying to figure out how a line that would give you 300 extra toughness along with the best CC resists, could possibly be considered lacking in Defense??

Are we even playing the same game?

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Traps honestly would be really bad just thrown into the Wilderness Survival line, as it would force users to either build for offense or defense, and currently with most builds, building into WS improves survival with that build, but it would literally force trap builds to go full offense

This makes absolutely no sense. And Nec’s / Thieves with high conditions builds have a fraction of the Survival there (in upper PvE … where stealth doesn’t help). But nevermind that… I’m still trying to figure out how a line that would give you 300 extra toughness along with the best CC resists, could possibly be considered lacking in Defense??

Are we even playing the same game?

Not the passive benefits, the active benefits. As is, Wilderness Survival is the only trait line that provides any additional tools to deal with incoming CC, and any way to deal with conditions (Oakheart Salve, Empathic Bond), and one of the few ways we can gain additional boons (protection on dodge, vigor on heal).

If traps just get thrown in, most of rangers defensive options would have to fight for a slot with traps. Engineers don’t have to choose between Immunity to Conditions, their elixir cleanse trait, and Grenades/Bombs, and Necros don’t have to choose between their survival line and their traits the deal with CC skills and Dhuumfire or Lingering Curse.

I was just trying to get at the point that I would prefer not to have traps put into the line where most of the best defensive tools we can trait for are. Either spread the defensive traits out more, or remove some of the garbage traits in Skirmishing for more power options.

It doesn’t really help that most of the beastmastery traitline and half of every other trait line except Marksmanship and Wilderness Survival is fairly useless.

But basically, just moving the traits across lines as they stand wouldn’t be enough, and it would actually limit build versatility by forcing trap rangers to not take their best condition cleanse in a condition heavy meta.

What another part of the problem is comes from each trait line having a focus: Marksmanship-Signets, Skirmishing-Traps, Wilderness Survival-Survival, Nature Magic-Spirits, Beastmastery-Shouts. In that sense, Wilderness Survival doesn’t really do much for survival skills, and survival skills don’t really work together towards a common theme on the skill bar the way traps, signets, and spirits do (shouts are in the same boat).

What COULD be done is switch Skirmishings focus to survival skills (doesn’t make sense name wise at this point but still), revamp the survival skills to make them more complementary to each other, and to a specific damage type (preferably power for right now), and then move traps into wilderness survival, and mix and match the defensive traits throughout the two trait lines where holes would be.

But all and all, it needs more than just taking traps and putting them in wilderness survival.

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

What the games are about in 90%? Killing.
→ How can you be more effective at it?
Having more DMG.
It also speeds up the progression greatly.
Who wants to play the boring bossfights anymore, if we lack the DMG and doing the same boring/unfair fights mutch longer?

DMG effects nearly everything.
Yes, I’m a berzerker. That is my style since I’m playing games.
We love it. We Want It. End of Story.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: Mike.7236

Mike.7236

I don’t get it. Instead of adapting to the game mechanics, you are just going to play the game as if it is another game? I hope that you never wander into wvw, because you have to be extremely active with your ranger in order to survive and thrive.

The only people who seem to appreciate the Ranger improvements made in the new patch are those who play wvw. Do you know why? Because it requires the player to react to a lot of rapidly changing combat situations that you will simply never find in pve or even spvp. And stealth is godly.

In wvw, a ranger that sits in the back of the crowd with a single weapon dies very quickly, especially if they don’t know how to dodge.

Yup, instead of adapting to the game mechanics, I play the game as if it was another game. That is because I really don’t like the basic game mechanic in this game. It is flawed. But there are many aspects of the game that makes it a worthwhile experience even so, that’s why I “cheat” and play it as close to the way I want it as I can get.

I realize I’m never going to be considered a good GW2 player for that reason, but do YOU care about being good at something you don’t enjoy?

That’s the rub: I don’t enjoy GW2’s basic game mechanics! And so I don’t optimize my output according to the game rules, I optimize my fun by doing it the way I want (or as close as the game will let me).

Don’t worry though, “bad” players like me don’t stay around for too long, we soon move on to some other game that actually supports our preferred play styles!

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: Daze.6914

Daze.6914

Yesterday was the second WvW primetime I had the opportunity to play with our new stealth ability and I can frankly say that it is a kitten benediction, not only that, it’s also a great deal of fun. HOWEVER, I agree with the fact that it is almost useless in PvE (indeed I don’t even use it when I do my dailies).

War Inc. Community [WIC]
Far Shiverpeaks
GW2 WvW - GW2 Gem Price

(edited by Daze.6914)

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

You are one hundred percent correct. People with half a brain like this change.

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

@ Ashen: Award Winning Comment!

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Enjoy.

You mean like how shortbow users play? Got it.

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

This game’s entire combat mechanic was built around avoiding the mess of hotbars to begin with. I personally hated having a billion skills that would go unused, or only had 1 purpose to them. Now what I could see happening in the future is being able to change out what attacks you can bring with a weapon set (like swapping utilities), but hhhheeeellllll nnnnooooo to additional hotbars.

As for killing stuff being uninteresting: you make the game however interesting or boring you want. If you don’t want to switch weapons and just sit there with your longbow skills on cooldown don’t get mad at the game then. That’s just how you want to roll.

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

i think ranger need just a little more patching. trait merge/ move, a sniper shoot, something to do with pets/summons. after that i never play anything else. (sometimes maybe my guardian because thats something totaly different, i think perfectly the opposite of ranger)

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

ilr.9675

It doesn’t really help that most of the beastmastery traitline and half of every other trait line except Marksmanship and Wilderness Survival is fairly useless.

Well that’s a much bigger over-arching issue… one that needs fixing at the same time

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Enjoy.

At least shortbow users constantly had to strafe to maintain flanking. In PvE the shortbow was actually quite a lot of positioning to flank and line up all your targets so you got multiple hits out of piercing arrows. You may have been spamming Crossfire (not entirely true, but it was the only DPS skill) but there was a great deal of precision positioning built into making the weapon truly effective. This meant that while you didn’t have an interesting skill rotation, you had much more challenge in positioning (something which was very dynamic and had a lot of considerations when you factor in the risk of moving around the battle field too much). This is much worse now due to the limited range, which means you have to be closer to your closest target to be in range of your furthest target. Sometimes that means being in melee range of your targets.

The sword build wants you to maintain flanking for the 10% bonus, but in melee in a fight that lasts less than 20 seconds, that’s not really a big deal.

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Conan.8046

Enjoy.

Pretty much, but if your want my advice don’t use a short bow for PVE too many classes with bleeds..it doesn’t work too well. I don’t know much about PVE but i wouldn’t use a shortbow.

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Miflett.3472

Enjoy.

Pretty much, but if your want my advice don’t use a short bow for PVE too many classes with bleeds..it doesn’t work too well. I don’t know much about PVE but i wouldn’t use a shortbow.

It’s coming down to “don’t use a bow at all in PvE,” and that’s disturbing.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

Dardamaniac.1295

I never thought that this thread will have so many responses..I geuss i stuck some nerve………

Its pretty strange tho to say that Longbow doesnt make your screen filled with big numbers..Recently a thread was made showing Ranger doing almost 10k with autoattack,well this isnt a very often number but 5k is easily doable…5k every second and you still think that this is low?Ppl are just saying something without providing any reasoning or examples….“Longbow is useless”,“Longbow needs more dmg”,“Rangers are boring”..while out there are respectfull Rangers showing us with videos and calculations that numbers are showing that Longbow right now is the highest ranged dps weapon in the game.If i wanted a HB skill to make 50k dmg i will make a Warrior and play him instead,if i want to see a 20k backstab ill make a Thief..I play Ranger for what it is and i like this class…If i ever get bored i will just change class,i wont expecting the class to be changed for me……

Why everyone wants dmg?

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

With the new change in full Knights Armor with some berserker mixed in (I’m sitting on 50 crit chance and 42 crit damage), with full Marksmanship to pick up Remorseless, doing the simple rotation of stealthing into Rapid Fire always nets me between 7.5-9k Rapid Fire channels, and that’s without the Sigil of Fire proccing.

I mean, I’m sitting on 3k armor, at 1500 range, and I’m able to channel almost 10k damage in 4.5 seconds, every 12s. AND Precise Strike isn’t a guaranteed crit (bug), which would probably put the damage at a consistent bottom range of 8k.

There really aren’t that many other classes that can do that damage at range AND build for the evasion and escape tools that rangers have access to.