Why glyphs are not instant cast?

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

After cooling down from yesterday rant and steaming, I took the time to check some of our new improvments and replacmnets for guard.
Vanilla pets do feel better and i’m sure that some builds will find good use for spiders and moas.

-Playing around with our glyphs (after they fixed CD bugs issues) I have been woundering why all of the glyphs are not instant cast? the glyph mechanic(small radius, evadble/bolckble, moderate effect) feels like it should have been instant cast.

They can even make it part of the VE trait if they think that giving it native its to good. This change will make even the heal glyph and elite competetive with other options for spesific builds. Glyph of Alignment / Glyph of Empowerment, would be actually nice option as a utility giving moderate offensive/defensive capabilities. I think its a good way condensate for the VE trait which ocured only as part of META pvp perception.

What do you think?

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Being instant isn’t a huge deal for the most part, especially when our most powerful one is instant, Equality.

What bothers me are 2 things:

• Glyphs do not function underwater.
  • Glyph of Rejuvenation in CAF has a 1s cast time; double of the non-CAF version.
PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

@Wondrouswall.7169 Hi, the difference between any cast time and instant is a big deal. Instant you can prefrom with other actions and while under CC. It will help alo to make the most out of glyphs. I agree with you it wont be OP as like you saied the effects are moderate , blockable/evadble etc..

I think A.net realy gave up on underwater combat, regarding GoR 1 sec cast time, you are absolutly right .

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I realize the advantages of instant casts, though I’d rather see the rest of the Glyphs improved in some way as being instant for mediocre to moderate effects only goes so far.

If the effects were to remain as is, Alignment could be a ground-target cast so there’s at least 1 Glyph that isn’t a PBAoE. If you want to consider another Glyph to be instant, Unity is a better candidate.

It’s mediocre and requires a certain kind of setup to pay off. Being instant would help out a smidge when being pinned and beaten on, though not by much. Would at least be somewhat of a deterrence.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

I realize the advantages of instant casts, though I’d rather see the rest of the Glyphs improved in some way as being instant for mediocre to moderate effects only goes so far.

If the effects were to remain as is, Alignment could be a ground-target cast so there’s at least 1 Glyph that isn’t a PBAoE. If you want to consider another Glyph to be instant, Unity is a better candidate.

It’s mediocre and requires a certain kind of setup to pay off. Being instant would help out a smidge when being pinned and beaten on, though not by much. Would at least be somewhat of a deterrence.

my whishes are that humble

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Just give me back 2 condi cleanse when traited, tyvm.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: aryvandar.8562

aryvandar.8562

Just give me back 2 condi cleanse when traited, tyvm.

Right we trait into this skill and now it got nerfed what the heck Anet. Please revert it back to what it was.

in Ranger

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

-Glyphs should insta cast.
-Trait should remove 2 conditions.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

GoT is too powerful to be instacast, however since other professions have skills way too powerful to be instacast, might as well make GoT on par with them. A lot of other professions get their effectiveness from their ability to do multiple things at the same time and with no time to counter them.

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

I dont think GoT is stronger than Goe which is already instant. For me, GoT is only good for PvP on point battles.