Why is there no Stability F2

in Ranger

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Why is there no pets that Grant AoE stability on a reasonable CD (25-30 Sec)? With all the Boons and Conditions that pets have a variety of I don’t understand why this was left off the table.
You want to make Ranger/Druids more desirable in WvW team play ? This would be a quick easy fix to help in that department.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dovkan.3519

Dovkan.3519

This would be awesome.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Inb4 they add it to a pet with a 130 radius, 6 sec cast time, 2 min cooldown, and then nerf it repeatedly in the next 3 patches

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Inb4 they add it to a pet with a 130 radius, 6 sec cast time, 2 min cooldown, and then nerf it repeatedly in the next 3 patches

actually I think a 600 radius, insta cast, 25sec cd, 3stack aoe stability to 5 allies on a F2 pet skill is very reasonable for one of the jellyfish.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

actually I think a 600 radius, insta cast, 25sec cd, 3stack aoe stability to 5 allies on a F2 pet skill is very reasonable for one of the jellyfish.

Ah that hit the spot!!

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Lol you win this round

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Or with a boon removal (a Chak with the AoE goop?). Hunter’s Call on a target with Retal ? RIP, it can’t be stopped like Rapid Fire.

Each pet should do something specific and useful, but hey don’t hope for too much. They could have made Forage from the pigs like Thief’s Steal, but they don’t. By just doing it, pigs would become useful to use.

What’s worse, is that the Pig can give an egg, that gives Health and INITIATIVE. Yes, rangers use initiative ! They didn’t even bother to change the Forage’s Egg steal skill from the Thief. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Forage_

They don’t care about pets.

(edited by Krispera.5087)

in Ranger

Nuzt.7894

I’d be fine with utilities that give Stab as well, you knows ones that don’t have a 60 sec CD. But they want to shove pets down Ranger/Druids throats so, it makes sense that the pet might be kitten useful.

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Why is there no pets that Grant AoE stability on a reasonable CD (25-30 Sec)? With all the Boons and Conditions that pets have a variety of I don’t understand why this was left off the table.
You want to make Ranger/Druids more desirable in WvW team play ? This would be a quick easy fix to help in that department.

You have stability.

Now if you want a character that was left always at the mercy of others who share stability – Revenant.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Nuzt.7894

You have stability.

Now if you want a character that was left always at the mercy of others who share stability – Revenant.

Rangers/Druids have 2 stabilities both on 60 CD and are not AoE, you will note I said AoE, the point is to give them more Grp/Raid/Squad utility.

If you’re unhappy with Rev please direct yourself to the Rev forum, it’s below this one.

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

You have stability.

Rangers/Druids have 2 stabilities both on 60 CD and are not AoE, you will note I said AoE, the point is to give them more Grp/Raid/Squad utility.

If you’re unhappy with Rev please direct yourself to the Rev forum, it’s below this one.

SotP got nerfed to 75s.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

I just imagine the cast time they would have if they had added this at launch. Considering the cast time we have for 5 might stacks from the stalker.

in Ranger

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

Your pet removes all stability and the ability to create stability from enemies in the area for 10 seconds, you and your allies gain ten stacks of stability for 10 seconds.

Attach to smokescale, F2, move present smoke skill to 3 and make it repeat every 5 seconds.

I think that would work

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Your pet removes all stability and the ability to create stability from enemies in the area for 10 seconds, you and your allies gain ten stacks of stability for 10 seconds.

Attach to smokescale, F2, move present smoke skill to 3 and make it repeat every 5 seconds.

I think that would work

And watch everyone go nuts and say natural convergence gives too much stability.

in Ranger

atheria.2837

You have stability.

I have 12 seconds of stability every 60 seconds as a traited druid.

My comparison was to show that we have some where others have absolutely none.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

atheria.2837

You have stability.

SotP got nerfed to 75s.

I disagreed with this change, it made my build so much less able to stay alive.

I had to trait it down to 60 seconds, but still, compared to some elite cooldowns in the 38+ second range, 48 seconds traited wasn’t unreasonable but Anet nerfed it anyway.

The garbage that druids are ‘too OP’ is still hitting the front page of the forums while stability is nerfed making us far less desirable in any group in WvW or PvE.

in Ranger

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

You have stability.

I have 12 seconds of stability every 60 seconds as a traited druid.

My comparison was to show that we have some where others have absolutely none.

Or people don’t want to use what they already have.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Inspiring_Reinforcement

Reminds me of Revs crying over condition removal when they only play Herald/Shiro. They have stance swapping, Jalis heal, removal on dodge, Resistance and Staff 4.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Reminds me of Revs crying over condition removal when they only play Herald/Shiro. They have stance swapping, Jalis heal, removal on dodge, Resistance and Staff 4.

Don’t blame them, rev players were spoiled when their profession was released. They got to do anything and everything and be immortal gods and also be awesome in addition to being immortal gods and then look cool on top of it because balance was a thing when an expansion was to be sold. It’s a hard knock life to adjust to.

in Ranger

Posted by: Earix.5684

Earix.5684

Yes, group stability would be a good way to promote ranger/druid in WvW.

However, I’m tired of reading “druids only have 2 stability sources on a 60ish seconds CD”. If you look closer at druid spells, you will notice that we also have a stability source while in Avatar. It doesn’t solve the group stability topic but it might help you.

Natural Convergence (2 sec stab, 10 sec CD)
1) Start channeling Natural Convergence
2) Stow weapon immediately
3) Run around and enjoy your stab

Earix – GvG Player – Druid / Soulbeast
Pirate Chips [LAYS] – Server Hopping (EU)

in Ranger

atheria.2837

However, I’m tired of reading “druids only have 2 stability sources on a 60ish seconds CD”. If you look closer at druid spells, you will notice that we also have a stability source while in Avatar. It doesn’t solve the group stability topic but it might help you.

You’re saying open or keep open the Hero panel and try to stow a weapon while fighting?

You really don’t WvW much, do you?

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

No he’s saying you start channeling NC and then cut out of CA. It’s a solid, smart technique.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

You’re saying open or keep open the Hero panel and try to stow a weapon while fighting?

/Facepalm do YOU even wvw? In the endeavor to talk poop to that fellow ranger you kinda made yourself look incompetent
Anyways for your benefit, here’s a video explaining weapon stow and what it can do for you, granted the video is for mesmers, however the same concept can be applied to any class, in this case natural convergence.

Anyways enjoy https://youtu.be/qipMu_1-oYk

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Earix.5684

Earix.5684

Nah not much. I’m one of the only druids included in the GvG line-up of one of the current top 3 GvG guild EU and I have been playing it in GvG since druid was released

Back to the topic: stow weapon (keyboard bind) = cancel current spell casting which means 2 stacks of stab from Natural Convergence you can use for something else.

Earix – GvG Player – Druid / Soulbeast
Pirate Chips [LAYS] – Server Hopping (EU)

(edited by Earix.5684)

in Ranger

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Best thing I read all day. That was quite entertaining man, you got me.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds