Why no love for melee?

Why no love for melee?

in Ranger

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I’ve recently started playing ranger, and I’d have to pick the sword/axe and greatsword as my favorite weapon choices. They have so much utility, and the skills look very nice. With the bows, It just feels like I’m spamming auto attack, and using 1-2 other skills when needed. I don’t think I even use LB 3. The range weapons are slowly becoming a second choice weapon, and not a main pick.

How come I don’t see many rangers with melee weapons? I didn’t even know rangers used the GS because I never saw one carry it. If I decide to focus my ranger on melee, what would be a strong pick for gameplay? PvP?

Why no love for melee?

in Ranger

Posted by: Wild.3847

Wild.3847

expert speed dungeonrunners use sword/warhorn in berserker gear
in WvW you can surf the meleetrain with GreatSword in Pvt/Valkyrie gear

Why no love for melee?

in Ranger

Posted by: Nado.8324

Nado.8324

Why no love for melee?

in Ranger

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

I run with S/D for melee and A/T for my “ranged” attacks, though they’re all used for their conditions and are swapped between as much as I can.

With the S/D I rarely use the sword 1 attack (I turn off auto attack since I usually roam solo and it’s better for 1vs1s) unless my other skills are on cooldown or I need the lunge attack to chase a quickfooted opponent.

Honestly, the ranger melee weapons seem like one of the most “active” of all the classes to me.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Why no love for melee?

in Ranger

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

I only play my ranger as a melee / mid range ranger using GS and axe/axe. If I use my condition build I use sword / torch + axe / dagger so pretty much completely close range / melee range.

Why no love for melee?

in Ranger

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

Why no love for melee?

in Ranger

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

Been running a GS/S+Axe full Sentinels build for over a week now and really enjoying it. It’s easy to swap in the LB (and switch to Piercing Arrows+Eagle Eye) or Axe+Axe as needed for range or maximum tagging. I have no problem at all staying at head of our zerg, getting into enemy backlines and dropping lots of CC.

(edited by slingblade.1437)

Why no love for melee?

in Ranger

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

I find when I play at range I use as many if not more skills.
That being said, melee can be fun. I like to have both options available in my builds and find melee/melee or range/range to be weaker than range/melee.