in Ranger

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

Just curious why this isn’t a thing?

Why no pet stunbreak f2?

in Ranger

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

Because it would be technically too complicated.
The server is controlling the pet and your client would have to ask the server to use the stunbrake, rather than activating it itself. Combined with skill-queuing issues, this would more often fail than work.

Why no pet stunbreak f2?

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

The server is controlling the pet and your client would have to ask the server to use the stunbrake, rather than activating it itself. Combined with skill-queuing issues, this would more often fail than work.

Every button you hit, ask server to use it. rather than activating it itself.
There are nothing special in coding to use stunbrake from f2 pet skill.
Other side is that some pets have 4sec cooldown on f2, so it will be 4sec stunbrake.

Why no pet stunbreak f2?

in Ranger

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

Ofcourse there is a difference. Weren’t you around when we had to hit the F2 skill 5 times to get the pet to use it? There is a reason why people call the pet clunky and unresponsive.

Why no pet stunbreak f2?

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I think rather than ask why there isn’t a Pet [F2] command that provides a Stun Break, ask why we don’t have a trait that makes [F4] a Stun Break.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Why no pet stunbreak f2?

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I think rather than ask why there isn’t a Pet [F2] command that provides a Stun Break, ask why we don’t have a trait that makes [F4] a Stun Break.

F4 resets your pet completely, so it IS a stunbreak. For pets, anyway.

Unless you’re asking for it to act as a stunbreak for the player as well, but I’m not sure I’d agree with that.

Why no pet stunbreak f2?

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I am asking for a trait that allows F4 to be a stun break for the player. If Revenants and Necros can have traits that allow for it on a 10s cd (as low as 7s for Necros when traited), then a Ranger having one as a trait on a 20/60 (16/48 when traited) does not seem too far-fetched.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Why no pet stunbreak f2?

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Yeh I raised this like 18 months ago…seems like such an easy fix for trap/spirit rangers…

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Why no pet stunbreak f2?

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

Here are a couple thoughts on the subject.

One pet already functions as a stunbreak for us though its situational. You can use your brown bear to cleanse a fear or taunt. Not even hard to pull off.

Secondly with the trait go for the eyes, you can counter quite a few bursts. Axe/shield war just stunned you? Blind the evicerate. The potential for play with this trait is really high.

Lastly your pet can peel for you while Cced. Landing a dog kd, wolf fear, a taunt, any of these will often prevent the incoming burst.

Spirit actives are another interesting subject. Their actives work while youre cced. Flame spirit for the blind and storm spirit for the cc seem most useful.

Anyway point is, just cus your cced doesnt mean yohr out of the play or that you even have to burn a stunbreak to keep thing rolling in your favor.

Why no pet stunbreak f2?

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

That’s great and all, if the stars align, but a stunbreak on an F2 would be pretty awesome.

Why no pet stunbreak f2?

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

That’s great and all, if the stars align, but a stunbreak on an F2 would be pretty awesome.

Except that the stars have nothing to do with it. Its repeatable. It’s easy.

Why no pet stunbreak f2?

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

It’s not as easy as LR, qz, or SoR. You know, actual stun breaks…

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Why no pet stunbreak f2?

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

It’s not as easy as LR, qz, or SoR. You know, actual stun breaks…

Exactly.

If you are not using BB, or your pets F2 is on CD, or you are not using GFTE, or pet swap is on CD or you are not using spirits. All of which frequently happen at the same time while in PvP. Hence a lot of Rangers run LR, QZ and SoR.

Why no pet stunbreak f2?

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

We already have it as a trait. Shared Anguish – transfers disables to your pet. Basically the same thing as a stun break, except it breaks the disable before it ever actually affects you.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shared_Anguish

Only problems are the cooldown is obscenely long (60 sec), and it didn’t seem to be working the few times I tried it recently.

Why no pet stunbreak f2?

in Ranger

Posted by: EvilZombie.6801

EvilZombie.6801

well if rangers get stun break on pet …. you will sudden see a spike of post QQ about RANGERS SO OP !! how can they have pets that have stun breaker !

Why no pet stunbreak f2?

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

QUIT TOUCHING MY BRAIN.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…