Why no rifle?

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Posted by: JonKreacher.2913

JonKreacher.2913

I have played as a ranger for some time now, and realized at a recent date: where’s the rifle? Why is it so unreasonable to have a rifle? Some people say “well we already have the longbow” yeah, thanks but so do the warriors and even more weapons! I’m not asking for a lot, just a rifle for the ranger class. Please Arena Net, add this feature as it will make me (and hopefully my backers) happy :-)

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Posted by: Veron.8645

Veron.8645

Warriors have access to a lot of weapons as a class mechanic. They’re supposed to be masters of physical combat. Presumably, the devs picked the current weapon sets for each class based on what they consider to be a balanced amount of build variety across all classes. Rangers have fewer weapon options than warriors, but we have the separate option for having two different pets, each of which have different sets of skills. Warriors have adrenaline, which really doesn’t add anything on top of whatever current weapon they already picked. Analogously, elementalists can switch between attunements, which adds a lot more skill variety despite having even more limited weapon choices.

The devs have hinted that they are looking at adding additional weapon choices to the game. If they do, I’m sure every class will get something new. It’s possible this will be a rifle for rangers, but it really could be anything.

tl;dr : They devs won’t just give rangers a new weapon because warriors have more options, because of class mechanics. Rangers might get a rifle when everyone gets new weapons, or might get something else instead.

Veron Oakguard | Wiki: Veron | Reddit: /u/OaksFromAcorns | Vintage Gaming [VG] (JQ) • Attuned [Att]

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Posted by: Helcor.9527

Helcor.9527

At some point probably when the games in decline they’ll start introducing things like new weapons and race change etc…

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

As it stands we have like the second most weapon. We really don’t need a 4th Ranged weapon. In a general sense ranged weapons have less dps both bows have decent single target applications what we need more is ranged aoe.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Posted by: Gorwald.6170

Gorwald.6170

Ranger with rifle is called engineer….i don’t see the ranger with a rifle, maybe with a two handed axe but not a rifle.

And Engineer have piercing shots without any trait to be spend in…

Karpal – Augury rock (French server)
Ranger 80 – Warrior 80 – Mesmer 80 – Necromancer 80 – Guardian 80

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

WHIP , i want a WHIP

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Why no love for “search” button? There has been pootylion topics about this. And the same arguments in EVERY one.

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Posted by: mistt.3698

mistt.3698

If ranger getting rifle i quit the game totaly we are the only class thats in use of nature spells we should be in the “druid” style as a nature hunter ..
rifle are for engineers if someone looks for it plz reroll to other class .
also if they add some wep that should be staff for nature spells or any kind of magic use
as you see the GS animations of bear eagle under water shark and medusa
we are not another type of engineer or a warrior

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

“What new weapon would you like to see on ranger?”

This question came up on the subreddit yesterday and the highest voted item was a hammer. The second highest voted item was a staff. I cannot recall if whip was mentioned. People asking for rifles had few upvotes and responses indicated the community feels ranger already has enough ranged options for now, also, most feel it doesn’t fit thematically.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Posted by: Bambula.3649

Bambula.3649

can you link it chopps? Oo

Orga for [WUMS]

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Rifle could be either CC based weapon or AoE oreinted. If they make LB 1500 range based, rifle could hop on 1200 range as our medium-range weapon. I can see purpose for that one, something like a stun or immobilize, disengage skill, easy-access AoE coupled maybe with some CC/Support (Multi-Shot with short immobilize/cripple on low cd for multiple targets? Sounds cool) and some kind of charged shot, similar to Warrior’s Kill Shot, but doing less damage and castable on move. As a power-based weapon, I think it might find a sweet ninche for Power Rangers, who prefer to rather play to strenghts and keep distance than going for melee mauling, which is… weird if your main goal is to keep highest range as possible. Also, some sweet AoE ranged skill with possibility to kite multiple targets via it, CC… All what power ranger needs atm. Also, Remorseless would finally find some usage if we get some one-hit burst skill.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

So Rym…, you want everything the Longbow already does, but you want to change the range slightly, keep the CC and AoE, make Rapid Fire do all it’s damage at once at the end of the cast time instead through the cast time, then slap a Rifle sticker on it, and call it a new weapon?

And its funny seeing that there are alot of people requesting Hammer, since they are basically requesting a Ranger weapon that does pretty much the same thing the Warrior Hammer does already, if they are still thinking in GW1 terms (which I’m sure they are).

(edited by Chrispy.5641)

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Rym.1469

@Chrispy – Longbow doesn’t equal my vision of Rifle. But we need some serious power ranged option, usable in game. There’s ninche for ranged weapon with short-cd AoE shot, for CC weapon in general and for serious one-hit ranged attack which may make 25 minor trait for MM and Remorseless to get any consideration. Enough to make new weapon of it.

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

We have no rifle because why would somebody in tune with nature use machinery?

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Posted by: Bambula.3649

Bambula.3649

ty

i realy hope for staff and hammer on ranger, would be so nice !
good old bunny thumper and a rly support weapon with staff <3

Orga for [WUMS]

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Chrispy.5641

Well, if you split up the staff, because no one in that link can decide between Robinhood style Quarterstaff, and a more magical Druid staff, then I think that the Rifle beats it, just barely.

@Chrispy – Longbow doesn’t equal my vision of Rifle. But we need some serious power ranged option, usable in game. There’s ninche for ranged weapon with short-cd AoE shot, for CC weapon in general and for serious one-hit ranged attack which may make 25 minor trait for MM and Remorseless to get any consideration. Enough to make new weapon of it.

So, you want a Warrior with a pet?…still not following.

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Rym.1469

I want it to be viable. If you consider having any CC, strong skill, or AoE viable is a copy of Warrior, then we won’t get to any discussion. Our traits (Remorseless, MoC) are already there, waiting for any skill that can make them more viable.
And, btw. Our best PvE build, melee, is already like Warrior with a pet. I want to be ranged. As profession descreption

(edited by Rym.1469)

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Well, if you split up the staff, because no one in that link can decide between Robinhood style Quarterstaff, and a more magical Druid staff, then I think that the Rifle beats it, just barely.

So, you want a Warrior with a pet?…still not following.

Are there no such divisions with rifle? :p

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

This topic again…. (sigh)

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Lol ya I’ll stop now

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Chrispy.5641

I wont stop! not until we beat that dead horse so much, food inspectors mistake it for beef again! Not until that horse comes back as a zombie and takes vengeance on those who would beat it so much! Not until that horse’s god decides to wipe us all out for our transgressions(mostly mine!) against all horsey kind!

I want it to be viable. If you consider having any CC, strong skill, or AoE viable is a copy of Warrior, then we won’t get to any discussion. Our traits (Remorseless, MoC) are already there, waiting for any skill that can make them more viable.
And, btw. Our best PvE build, melee, is already like Warrior with a pet. I want to be ranged. As profession descreption

Exactly like the Warrior!….except the evades on both our melee weapons that we can fire off much faster than other professions who have evade skills (that most people conviently forget when they complain about either weapon because they don’t know how to time them properly), and the two control effects on the greatsword that the Warrior greatsword doesn’t have,…and there’s probably other things that seperate the Ranger from the Warrior too, other than the damage gap, which can be made up by effectively using a pet.

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I won’t be satisfied until my ranger can use her spear on land. Because who needs rifles when you’ve got a friggen spear?

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Only reason why I’d want a rifle for my ranger is so that I would finally have a good reason to craft the Predator. :S

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

NO rifle for my ranger plz… I’m a RANGER, not some solider….

Kima & Co

Why no rifle?

in Ranger

Posted by: sanictoofast.9317

sanictoofast.9317

huntards need a polearm, i wouldnt mind having a rifle either
-BUT MUH NATURE, if you love nature so much go outside. there should be an elite skill that the huntard embodies their current pets spirit for some OP temporary stat buffs maybe like a transform.