Why spirits shouldn`t be invulnerable?

in Ranger

Posted by: Crnicelad.5924

Crnicelad.5924

All is said in the topic. I realy cannot come up with a single reason why spirits should not be immune to all dmg. Maybe then they would actualy be fun to use?

Since we all know that rangers complain about keeping pets alive, I mean if you have 4 more units that need to stay alive its just pure madness, forget about your own attacks … just keep your whole “party” alive (mission impossible anyway).

Edit: I am asking the above question in all seriousness, and the traiting for invulnerability seems like a great idea, thank you for bringing it up.

Power through strength, strength through wisdom …

(edited by Crnicelad.5924)

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I have no clue. Half of the buffs (the 5% bonus damage and the swiftness) don’t really help much in the long run in a fight. The other two (protection and burning) are far more useful, but if the developers are concerned about the abusability of them, then it’s simple…add onto the trait that makes it so the spirits move so that it ALSO makes them invulnerable. It fixes the problem, and makes it so you have to TRAIT for that invulnerability, which most Rangers seemingly don’t put enough points into Nature Magic to do anyway. It’s a win-win.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Because we can kill enemy banners…o wait no thats not it. Hmm I guess becuase then rangers would have something close to useful.

in Ranger

Posted by: ALeetNoob.4830

ALeetNoob.4830

Spirits would still be worse then banners for PVE if they were invulnerable anyways.

in Ranger

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

Because we are not warriors.